1st gen toyota sequoia

Looking to get a comfy SUV for the family. How reliable are these? I'm looking at a few with around 130k miles for under 10k

>Rust problems (if you live where it snows and they didn't undercoat it)
>It eats ball joints

other than that pretty fucking reliable afaik

Pretty reliable, my mum still has her 2007 Limited model. It's reaching 300,000 miles.

Any major repairs?

why? a minivan has more useful space.

Not that I know of, we live far apart from each other so I really don't know. But it still runs perfectly fine.

We want something with 4wd- we live where it snows

awd is unnecessary. just get snow tires.

Kys moron

how am i a moron? awd only helps get you going. it doesn't help you stop or steer.

It helps you not be stuck too.
Try driving in a few feet of snow. You arent going anywhere with FWD or RWD even with snow tires

I drove an 03 to 275,000, the only issue I had were the joints. The first gen sequoia is basically a tundra of the same year so pretty reliable

>driving on unplowed roads

I swear its the same faggot shitting on every thread

>user states that he needs a truck/SUV
>"LOL NO U DON' NEED A TRUCK/SUV JUST GET A 2WD MINIVAN LOL ITS MOAR USHFUL HURRR"

just go fuck yourself

>hurrr durrr everybody should only require the same things I require

still very prone to rust, like Tundras and Tacomas from the same gen

Check all ball joints and other suspension, watch out for rust. Apply undercoat if you live where they salt roads.

Other than that its bulletproof. Check for timing belt around 90k and regular oil changes.

You're a fucking idiot. If you think AWD doesn't help you steer and stop, then you must be one brain dead mother fucker.

>He thinks having more driven wheels helps you stop faster
topkek

Having all four wheels turning at similar speed helps you stop in a more controlled manner you dropkick.
Obviously depending on the AWD system in question, but you don't have to be on the throttle for the drive wheels to influence the vehicle in either a positive or negative way.

AWD just helps you get off the line in slippery conditions quicker, thats it. doesnt help you stop any better. lock your tires on ice in RWD, AWD, or FWD its the same outcome

>AWD just helps you get off the line in slippery conditions quicker, thats it. doesnt help you stop any better.
I've already touched on the fact you don't need to be on the throttle to have the drive wheels influence the dynamic of your vehicle.
>lock your tires on ice in RWD, AWD, or FWD its the same outcome
That's relevant for an emergency stop. But unless you're ham fisted enough to require an emergency stop EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME YOU SLOW DOWN, then it's a moot point. AWD can help you greatly to avoid an emergency stopping scenario you meat axe.

Either this or a honda pilot IMO. You can get an 07 for 8kish

git gud faggot

RWD on ice masterrace

yeah thats why 4wd is the choice retard

Timing belt every 100k miles

Outside of the rust and ball joint issues, they are a tank. Probably will be as known for crazy high miles as 80's -90's land cruisers.

These were generally "stealth wealth" minivans for rich wices to drive their kids around. So, usually dealer maintained, but you'll be finding decade old Cheerios in it forever.

says the fwdcivicimaricer tripfrag

>git gud faggot
For one, that's rich you literal cock sucker. And way to completely miss the point princess.

Thanks all, sounds like the sequoia is a great choice.