IN
THE
ACTUAL
FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dLFBXKiamd8?t=830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this shit was practically designed to piss people like you off

What? Do you unironically enjoy shifting gears with a fucking stick? Do you also enjoy giving hand jobs you faggot?

this isn't real, is it?

It makes sense. Most modern automatic transmissions are fully electronic so a physical lever doesn't really make sense anymore.

It is
youtu.be/dLFBXKiamd8?t=830

NO BUT I BET YOU DO, FUCK OUTTA MY FACE NIGGA

A lot of automatic transmissions have used buttons to change mode for a long fucking time.

Man what are they doing with thier CUVs now Looks just as big as a midsize class SUV

Can't wait for someone to go to change a climate control or something while on the highway, and shift into R.

I predict a lot of people are going to either back over their kids in the driveway, or drive lurching into storefronts (or their own closed garage door) with these button selectors.

Levers are hard encoded in minds. Just stick with them even if they are only symbolic. (which is the point).

Are you stupid? Do you REALLY think they don't don't have a safety switch to disallow that?

why the FUCK couldn't this have been used for more glass. there are plenty of cars that meet rollover with more window on them.

never seen that before

lmao poor fags who never seen this. I'm rich and work at a Honda dealership. The pilots have had this feature since 2016. Handle shifting is optional. Just wait until the type R comes out in 18' you'll cry. LOL

>rich
>works at a dealership

topfuckinkek

Yeah but OPs example looks like fucking shit

this is how all automatics should be. why have a fucking gearshift taking up space for no reason

So is this some sort of electric shifter? If so than I expect things to go wrong with that.

i want to button mash that shit SO BAD

>what is a column shifter

stop bitching and do some research

i have news for you, user...

Column shifters are "old" now just like center console shifters, now I guess car companies want to be innovative with gearshift, so now they either use button shifters, knob shifters or shit like this

a gearshift that takes up space for no reason

>taking up space
>that wasn't being fucking used

There was probably a reason these were short lived back then. And lo and behold, these were replaced with.... you've guess it, shifters we see in cars today..

Hopefully button shifter are well improved in day and age.

Can you help me pay for my kids Karate lessons MR. Helpful Honda man.

T H E F U T U R E I S N O W

>not an automatic

fuck me thats retarded

That was an automatic newfriend...

Finance Manager

not new, also not chronic
but unless i missed some dank meme, that's 3 speed manual

you will never own a truck from the 70s with a three on the tree

Fucking normies ruining cars forever holy shit

I bet a lot of people don't realize that your automatic transmission lever is connected to a chipboard that relays information to the transmission to shift gears.

you guys are clinging onto inferior technology for the sake of some weird sense of comfort.

>Knob shifter
I honestly don't like anything that isn't a column shift. You barely need to move your hand and you don't even need to GRAB the fucking thing. Honestly gives you the best control.

Of course they will. Duh.

>one control that can only reasonably be in of five states at a time
>lets make it separate buttons

re

tar

ded

wait, what else would it have?

All you need is PRND...and then put a couple of paddles on the wheel to control gears.

There are still cars being sold with a manual transmission, you could just buy one of those if buttons get you butthurt

this

a truck should not have a console shift

only column

It ain't that expensive.

Maybe some kind of control device that can only be in one state at a time. Maybe something that shifts between them.

I agree, I much rather prefer column shift in a truck .

"Park" is a big, close button. Easy to reach and press. Looks good.

"Reverse" and "drive" are pull instead of push. Reduces the chance of accidental engagement. Makes sense. Holes look big enough to be easy to use.

"Neutral" is hardly used, and thus is small. Makes sense.

The only issue I see with it is the location of the manual shifting controls. They're tiny and far away. It would probably be hard to use them while driving without looking at them. One would have to feel for the concave and convex surfaces.

A stalk set-up like in a Tesla seems much easier to use.

Finance guys usually pull between 75-120k a year. No need to lie on the internet faggot

now the real question I have, is why can't car manufacturers adopt the decades old standard of holding the brake to reverse?

I have to hold the brake in my car to select reverse.

You underestimate how fucking retarded people can be.

because tempered glass is more expensive than pressed metal

Is this why luxury cars seem to have better visibility? Fucking jews

I think he means like in nfs

ok this I can understand.
Not saying I like it, but it is simple, intuitive and takes very little space.
But oppic is a fucking nightmare