/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70b9H12sGcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

might obtain a MH game fore my 3ds. which should I go for? I have a New 3ds, not sure if that matters.

>32 seconds.
How?

4u is the only game on the 3ds worth getting.

Gotta be ready to please.

4U, generations is getting a definitive "G-rank" version soon. Don't waste your money on an obsolete product.

I bought a 3DS solely for MH4U. Never owned a Nintendo handheld before.
It was totally worth it. Best MH game for beginners, and the best MH game in general.

4U, generations can suck my dick. Other than pokemon 3ds sucks unless you want turn based rpgs.

Is MH4U dead?
Is MH Generations any better?

I WANNA SEE ISABELLE BLACKED

We're just 10 posts in and the thread has already exceeded your attention span?

>Deviant Diablos gets special treatment and has his own theme because he is the "flagship"
>previous flagship deviants get shitfucked and left in the trash

generations was dead two months after release just like X.

my hands hurt when I play this game

My heart hurts when I play MHGen.

I swear to god if this movie thing leads to a DmC style reboot of MH I'll going to kill Capcom.

He has lost a few in past generals recently
And so, streams rolling down his cheeks, he vowed not to fail another first again

what is wrong with MH generations
please explain it simply to a beginner who is regretting his hasty purchase

Probably because he was the OP, whose countdown is independent of the post cooldown

It's fine

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kiss as I fondle her slender loli body!

I hope so, the community deserves it after becoming incredibly toxic since the move to Nintendo

I want to sit in her floof.

>"I had a real passion both for the Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil games, and that was the reason we made those movies."

The director will Powerbomb and then People's Elbow the franchise just as hard.
BECAUSE WHEN YOU STEP IN THE RING WITH PAUL W.S. ANDERSON, YOU DON'T WALK OUT.

But I'm the OP.

Memers.
It's a good game, though I think 4U is better I still have plenty of time invested in Gen.

It's just not as good as previous titles according to most. But that purchase was dumb, XX comes out soon and makes generations completely obsolete.
Return it, pick up 4U, and get XX later.

>bought three additional copies of MHGen for my friend, his brother, and my girlfriend
>"lol the green dragon with the red frills is so hard!!!!"
>every other lobby online is for obsessively grinding one monster or bum rushing through key quests or requirements for deviants
End my fucking life. Why does nobody just want to take their time enjoying this game.

Gathering quests the fucking game. After doing village 1-3 all fun is gone.

Ah yes, filenames. MLX probably has a second monitor to watch the thread with, and so can reply with haste.

>buying 3 copies of gen

Because that is us enjoying the game.

4U it is (I'll probably pick up 3U at some point for the sake of completion). you guys hate Generations, why? and when you say G-Rank, do you mean like they did with Freedom and Freedom Unite?

I have Freedom 2 and Freedom Unite hard copies, and I think I might have ISO's of Freedom and portable 3rd.

>Buying multiple copies of a game for people
dumb frogposter

>yfw no qt grill to play monhun with

>o3ds

Not every faggot itt is a key questing shitter. Just most. To be fair, Generations has by far the most autistic quest padding ever.

Hey, not like Generations runs a single bit better on N3DS. I bet not even XX will address this.

Not consolewar shitposting but do you see a MH Switch game likely?
I want it just for the portability and home use even if they don't upgrade the visuals it will be better than having to use the system transfer shit from 3U.

I'm guessing it was for christmas

>do you mean like they did with Freedom and Freedom Unite?
Freedom 2 -> Freedom Unite
Tri -> 3U
4 -> 4U
X/Gen -> XX

>A lot of stuff they added is either worthless or trivializes difficulty
>Made some quality of life changes but reverted others
>No g-rank (yet)
>Hypers are fucking dumb health sponges with slightly changed timings on certain attacks with random ass smoky shit
>Deviants are hit or miss
>These two things above are basically the endgame
Then you get into weapon nerfs/buffs from the transition from 4U (CB tends to get the most attention because they changed up the patterns a fair bit while nerfing it)

I still like it, but it's hit or miss it seems, especially in this thread.

>not wanting a hori pad with a second ANALOG stick and new sholder buttons
im thinking of buying one just for that, fuck this digital c stick

Having a girlfriend that plays videogames sounds nice on paper but I forgot that girls have shitty reaction times. I'm convinced she will never be able to play anything more complex beyond the Sims and Pokemon.

>friend starts playing MH again, last game he played was P3rd
>Start a new file with him in Gen
>Every hunt is him complaining about the lack of good sets and him refusing to upgrade his gear
>Tell him to just make Rathalos since its a good overall set
>Says he doesnt want to because Weakness exploit is garbage and not useful in online hunts
>Force rushes key quest because "nothing in this HR has any good skills"
> Reach HR7+ where he is still using beginner armor and some random HBG/GS
>Tell him to make Black S set since he's been using GS alot lately
>"No its fucking ugly"
Stopped playing with him a few days later and went back to my main. Just couldnt take it anymore

nah user, 3ds is totally fucked in general.
nothing can make it comfortable or reasonable to play on, after all it's a childs toy.

huh. ok. so, between the mobile consoles, the "unique" games to have are:
Freedom
Freedom Unite
Portable 3rd(eng patch)
3U
4U
XX(or whatever the american release will be named)

I like having the different games. the aesthetic change of scenery pleases me(cause they all play the same)

I did notice Gamestop dropped the price on Gen pretty significantly in the past month. was going for 35 used, now it's 20.

>Black s is ugly

Dos is also pretty unique despite not having g-rank.

also, while the gameplay is similar, portable 3rd feels a hell of a lot different to play than FU, same with 4u and gen.

>Black S is ugly

>Playing with a GSshitter
I don't know what you expected.

I loved portable third while I could play it. unfortunately my thumb stick on my psp died and I haven't bothered replacing it because I've dropped the thing enough times that I need a whole new shell.

>P P S S P P

>Playing with a friend
>He keeps getting hit for far more damage that what I expect
>Ask what's up
>Turns out he never upgraded his armor
>Says he might need the spheres later and it's a waste of money
>Then proceeds to never stop complaining about being hit so hard

as long as she isnt casual about how she plays she will get better, everyone is shit at monhun untill the keep playing over and over again.
nah man i got a 3 doller plastic hadle for my n3ds and it sthe best thing for it. makes it feel more ergonomic.

you can play the HD version on PPSSPP with online and texture upscaling/etc.

it's the definitive way to play FU and P3rd now.

be warned though, you might not ever want to go back after experiencing the series on a real controller/screen.

Is Rathalos the canon strongest monster?

where is the upsacled version of the FU game? i was thinking of getting an iphone just to play FU in nicer graphics.
also if the ps3 upscaled version of p3rd works on ppsspp will it work on my actual psp?

If you're as weak to fire as Gore is, then yes.

Well I guess Gore is weak to fire

/mhg/, why is GS considered ez?
I'm enjoying lance but GS looks like you need good prediction on where the monster will be and such, and how it punishes greed.

ohhhhh

>what is elemental weakness

The main entity not being the strongest is unamerican.
Godzilla will save us from the Mutos.

the iphone version is just the normal version with upscaling.

on the PPSSPP forums there was a HD texture pack a while back, but the thread is gone and i can't seem to find it anymore. maybe look around there.

as for p3rd HD working on your psp, i doubt it, but i don't really know much about the actual psp hardware.

Fatalis actually is the answer to your question. Where did this footage come out?

From a sizzle reel back in September. Nobody saw it until now.

youtube.com/watch?v=70b9H12sGcY

GS is a very simple weapon, ever since MH1.
Most of it relies on the simple sequence of unsheathe attack -> sheathe -> repeat, which does a large amount of damage for how easy it is to pull off.

There are of course good GS players and bad GS players, as with all weapons. But it's more that bad GS players can get away with slugging it out and be semi-useful while other weapons would be doing nothing.

My toaster is having virtual environment problems. DirextX, Java, and any other virtual machine isn't working. I don't think I'll be able to run PPSSPP. and I can't figure out what is wrong with my computer.

>fresh install
doesnt take long user, the longest thing is getting a new key from microsoft so you dont have to buy it again

Probably 'easy' in that you can just run around until you can get an opening or get by with uncharged draw attacks and bugger off to do it again, and only do charged attacks on much larger openings. The weapon has good reach and power to back it up, too.

Though Hammer and Lance, it could probably get a bit trickier to fight some monsters online since they can change targets.

GS is easy to play, difficult to master.
the real issue is that 90% of the users of it are retards that think they are gods at the game and generally toxic players all around.

>Somehow manage to get two people into playing MH4U
>They effectively get carried to G-Rank by other people online
>Basically rushed to endgame and rely on mount spam to do anything
>One of them farms 140 Velocidrome a bit and gets burned out very quickly
>Other guy drops the game just before fighting Gog
>There's little interest for them doing any of the other games despite them having freeShop readily available

Having local hunting partners is not what it's cracked up to be.

Always ask the gs user to use a different weapon.

If he says no, he's probably a shitter. If he switches, then he's probably a casual. However, if they check the quest and switch accordingly, then they might be alright.
Still, solo is best way to hunt

Damn, good find.

monster penis!

Any HR Seregios lobbies?

I don't need a key, I've got one of those universal Distributions. the problem is creating an install cd, backing everything up, installing, then restoring. it's such a pain. I'm too fucking lazy for that right now. honestly, I really am. maybe next week.

That's what they said about Ridley in Smash, and

oh wait

I always love posting this.

Rathalos in Infinite is happening whether you like it or not. With the heavy monster focus in the movie instead of hunters, now the decision makes more sense than ever.

To bad your not around me man or else i would of come round and fixed it for free since your a fellow /MHG/ half was through an adavance dip in this shit and got a cert 4 so it would of been easy.

You ever think a monster hunter character could make it into smash? Maybe a felyne, monster, or just a hunter?

I made a room to do the quests to unlock toka armour earlier and met some cool people (but also some newfriends that did shit like ask to do a teostra to upgrade their bow and then try to cap the teostra, and a guy that seemed alright until he had an autistic meltdown at the other series veteran in the room for saying the series hadn't changed much over the years). We even took a couple of breaks to hunt the aforementioned teo and a nakarkos. Pretty comfy all in all.

Thanks for reading my blog btw subscribe if u enjoyed

Idk, I'm total shit at fighting games so it may not be the best metric but my ex beat me at them pretty consistently. Apart from shit like harvest moon, minecraft and platformers they were all she played though

and you don't usually need reaction time in MH if you're patient, careful and have a strategy, it's just most people including almost everyone in /mhg/ treats it like they're always doing a TA and any time spent not hitting the monster or sharpening is literally losing frames on WR

I don't care about nintendo games, don't ask me.

>Malaysian artist

Wow neogaf getting trolled hard by malaysiafag

But it was proven right

>Maybe a felyne
I was almost surprised not to see a felyne in the mk8d announcement. I guess I still haven't processed that splatoon is a first-party title, so it feels weird that there's an inkling and not other wacky shit.

>drunk ITposting

>thinking you know everything
have you considderd that i might be a high funtioning retard?

sorry...

Okay I'm not going to lie this is sick as fuck. Is this from the movie?

Will we ever see a Monster Hunter in space?

no, space is a garbage setting devoid of creativity.

Seems to be the case.

>tfw you see X playing 'Open source Eshop clone'
>you know what they are up too
You know who you are
I hope you guys like my swapdoodles.