What does Veeky Forums think of the Audi Quattro?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Audi Quattro?

Is this the greatest Group B car of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRkHXMHqFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks badass. Engine sounds phenomenal. And it beat a Ferrari 308 in Group B

Did it get its shit kicked in by less powerful FWD cars and RWD cars? definitely the most intimidating looking though. heard it was almost uncontrollable and couldn't really get out of its own way.

Close, but not quite. It did get beaten to the championship by a RWD Opel in its second year.
The only reason that thing saw any success is because it was the first factory AWD rally car. Once the other marques developed their own AWD entrants, the Audi saw little to no success.
It's good in the sense it was a pioneer, but that's it.

It did get destroyed by the Peugeot 205, but not before taking home quite a few victories.

Brutally overhyped, for no real reason

>Brutally overhyped

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRkHXMHqFo

I wonder why

>Is this the greatest Group B car of all time?

Nah that would be the Delta S4, a car so insane only one man could handle it.
When he drove it off a cliff they decided to end the group b class.

>In 1985, Lancia engineers tested an S4 engine under extreme conditions, reaching 5 bars boost, developing around 1000 horsepower
>1000 horsepower in a 890kg car

Apparently it was utterly undriveable and it wasn't even the fastest, but it's definitely the best sounding, one of the meanest looking and possibly the most iconic.

>Brutally overhyped, for no real reason
this is a car board

>best group B
that would be 205 T16, or Delta S4. Quattro was first 4WD WRC car so it's classic, but it's far from being even close to "best".

>5 bars of boost

idk, but the look of it makes me drip precum

Can we all agree this is definitely one of the most badass looking rally cars ever.

shit they put their blood groups next to their names? never knew. that's fucking radical.

It's great but overhyped. The Lancia 034 defeated the Quattro earlier on and the Delta and 205 murdered it later on.

It's not the fastest. It's not the wildest. It's not the most victorious. It's a great car but it's hyped to divine status by VAG fuccbois that think their A4 is also "quattro".

That's perfectly common on racecars, faggit.

>group A driver racing in group B
how is that even legal

Oh definitely. Those two triangular rally light clusters never fail to get me rock fucking hard.

>Is this the greatest Group B car of all time?

no.

>prototype that never competed

I went to Race Retro over the weekennd and they had a Quattro there, as well as other Group B cars. Unfortunately it was pissing it down by the time the Quattro came out so I didn't have my phone out to take any videos of it. I also didn't get any pictures of it in Parc Ferme

I do have some videos so I'll dump them as they process

It took me a few minutes to realise why there were letters next to names
then I realised it was group B

oh fuck sake
this will take a bit longer than I thought

It was not the most of anything in Group B but it was breddy gud.

>Group B

they're either going to look like pic related or also, I don't have as many as I thought I had

You are lucky as fuck user. I would kill to see any of these cars in person.

It was £26 per person for one day on the door, and it was also like £30-35 in petrol

My dad paid and I drove and he was a bit "meh" in terms of value for money

I'd say if you wanted to go and see some Group B cars race, it might be worth it

We did get to see some F1 cars that we think my granddad worked on which was pretty cool

I think the S1 quattro is a pretty awesome car, but it was not propperly designed, engine is to far forward and it needs all the wings just to not understeer into the ditch.. that`s why Stig Blomquist started driving sideways with it, so there is that...
the best group b car was the ford RS200.. even if it was a disaster the whole rally that year...