Eve Online general /eog/

Light drone edition.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
Yes

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=8a7009cb-3c28-427f-bd86-f695ff77e18b&action=buddy
Don't forget to save your referral's name, If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

What is the worst ship design and why is it the Imicus?

so, Goons are about to burn Jita again...

I'm only in danger if I fly freighter, right ?

>Burn Jita
>Going to highsec ever

hmmmm

/dog/
dead online general

What the fuck is that thing

But we were all born in high sec, user

Join Dronelands today! xxDeathxx is looking for you, comrade!

dronelands is comfy

Anyone got experience multiboxing alphas? I have ips handled, I was just wondering about machine ids and using a VM to get around the restriction.

u gon get banned nigeh

[They'll Know]

Can you shed anymore light on my problem? What if I pulled the classic 1 laptop 1 desktop setup.

How many years do you have to play this game before you can actually start playing the game?

Two.

I've trained skills for less than 2 months and have been able to fly most corp fleet doctrines.

first for infinite ammo

pretty

I created an alt recently, it's surprising how fast you can get them into things when you have a focused skillplan, especially now that there's no more "learning skills".
>those months of skilling random bullshit that you only spent a week actually trying out
>all those mining skills
I should extract them, I hate seeing all those Vs

>CODE.

How long until the price of the injectors goes down? A couple of months?

Assuming people made a bajillion alphas when they were introduced with sp farming in mind they should be reaching the alpha limit by the end of this month and be ready for dumping their first injectors midway into march

>multibox two VNIs while I explore

How good of a plan is this? Is it okay isk/h for how much effort I am putting in?

As long as you've got a safe system and not constantly having to dock.

should be fine if you're not shit

3200mm armor plates and X-Large shield extenders when?

What is the best covops and why is it the Helios?

No. You should be using instas and tune down the autism of hauling billions of junk at once.
Protip: use Perimeter citadels and make bookmarks in their tether range.
Alternatively go play a better fucking game tbqh.

tether range is 10km and normal warp lands you like 0-3km, so you don't need dock bookmarks

You can't extract skills off an alpha though I thought?

No but you can use them to make skillfarms with no startup cost.

Should I use heavies or sentries when ratting with an Ishtar?

How much can you get out of them? Enough to cover the PLEX?

everyone uses heavies

there's a handy webite I forgot but with a couple of implants + remaps you can make around 1.5b a month

oneiros

how 2 profit off burn jita

Loot all the things.

/eog/, I'm looking for perspective on something but explaining the things I want to explain has already turned into a fucking multipost blog that I've got here on my Notepad. Should I just forget about?

when is this burn thing?

what are you talking about

I'm interested in this too.
Still have some business dealings to attend to in Jita today and tomorrow and don't want to be stuck there without undock bookmarks.

So... when is it?

stop giving goons attention

Could you sum it up in 10 words or less? /eog/ is very lazy.

I'll just attempt to tldr it without the context.

Exploring seems to really be my jam and will probably be how I make my ISK. But being fully proficient is going to run me weeks of training.

I've wanted to covops hunt in Wormhole space ever since I watched a handful of Wingspan videos. I've got a corp that will be more than happy to take me on once I'm actually worth a damn. I met them when one of them killed me and has since spent the last week lecturing, training, and flying with me. Weeks of training.
I really don't want to waste his time. He's been immeasurably generous, helpful, and patient.
On top of this, training into a combat role would allow me to go ratting with him in the meantime, but that would take away from my covops training in the here and now.

I've got a cargo inventory in Jita worth 151 million+ (I've got several blueprints I could contract), but I find myself wanting to hang on to these goods as I find items that are used BY those blueprints. The longterm goal obviously being that I could make way more than 151 million if I were to build or invent these things. Again weeks of training in order to be able to do these things.

This game is big. Sometimes it feels to big but I love it.

As far as blueprints go, remember industry is for alts.
I started with industry and I'm regretting it now because I'm lacking SP on my character I need for combat ships. Sell the blueprints and the components - if you want to build items later, you can buy materials like everyone else does.

The correct thing to do is to train into ships you intend to use the soonest.

Define soonest.
I'm exploring now. Have been for a couple weeks. I've got my overall hacking up to IV on data and relics, but I still blows at least 1 in 10 cans simply because sometimes I don't have the coherence to tank through some bullshit antivirus shenanigans.

On the other hand, on the other hand, joining this corp will give me more support overall, put my home right in wormhole space which will let me access it easily for exploring, and give me some nice private planets to throw those resource gathering things or whatever they are down on the surface of places that haven't probably been strip-mined to death (I actually have no idea how this works yet)

As in, what does your corp do, how do they fight, what kind of ships can you use to join their fleet?
Are the long range kitefags? Get a caracal.
Do they armor brawl? Get a brutix or prophecy.
Do you need money? Train jew ships.

What the fuck did you do to the OP you faggot.

oneiros

apocalypse

hopefully they buff this stupid piece of capless shit

who thought not being able to run your guns because they use way too much cap was a good idea

what is wrong with the Oneiros?

People always quote it here

it would be about twice as good if they just replaced its meme bonuses with damage and cap usage

>quote

its a piece of shit compared to the guardian. The onieros's only real advantage is that it doesn't need a cap chain and its faster but the problem is that its heavily reliant on cap boosters which means its a temporary solution and can't last nearly as long

also unlike the scimitar, it can't do a "cap stable" fit because any cap mods you would use either take up your mids which you need for things like ECCM or your lows which loses your already low tank

>it doesn't need a cap chain

more like it doesn't have the great advantage of being almost immune to neuts. it's not an advantage at all, except for being lazy

cap stable scimitar fits are kind of trash though

>The Oneiroi were primordial deities in Greek mythology, children of Nyx (night) alone, and had numerous siblings, including Hypnos (sleep), Thanatos (death), and Geras (old age). They were the personifications of dreams and according to Euripides, they had the form of black-winged daemons.

Wow, that's fr*cking cool.

>cap stable scimitar fits are kind of trash though
Not really, you get the full tank of the scimi like in any other fashion but your 4 lows are a DCUII, and 3 cap power relays and 2 cap control circuit rigs. You get some 55k tank out of it with a MWD cap stable.

They're super fast and agile and provide dank reps

equip it with pith c-type medium remote shield boosters and go to town

black-winged daemons gallente skins when

>full tank
>2 cap control circuits

choose one

55k tank is pretty good for a super fast logistics ship

doing 3k overheated for a logi is amazing.

Either way you're going to need an ancil current router regardless to fit everything if you choose to go large reps so its not like you're gonna get full tank in any other scenario. IF you do go full tank you're gonna need a cap booster regardless which is 1 less mid which clearly isn't full tank

>super fast
>3 cprs 2 cccs

choose one :^)

also comparatively the Onieros can never get that fast because armor and plates

but it can get like 65k tank? +10k tank for half the speed, not really worth it

>3k isn't fast

it's 2068m/s and its agility is not better than average

>it's 2068m/s and its agility is not better than average
its agility is way better than the basi, guardian and onieros

>2068
I said 3k overheated which is a big deal, if you aren't overheating in PVP you're doing it wrong.

my bad it has the same agility as the basi but the basi is way slower and has larger sig

if you're overheating all the time in pvp then you're doing it wrong

and don't give me this elite small gang talk when you're very clearly posting anchorshitter nullbabby fits m8

>if you're overheating all the time in pvp then you're doing it wrong
I didn't say ALL the time you fucking retard, don't put words in my mouth

>don't give me this elite small gang talk
I said nothing about small gang.

>anchorshitter nullbabby fits

a cap stable scimi isn't synonymous with being fast, reliable and dependable? Are you fucking dumb? I never posted any fits stop projecting you mong

Then post your elite lowsec small gang fit

>I didn't say ALL the time you fucking retard, don't put words in my mouth

using overheat speeds as default says you do

>I said nothing about small gang.

ok anchorshitter

>a cap stable scimi isn't synonymous with being fast, reliable and dependable? Are you fucking dumb? I never posted any fits stop projecting you mong

no, a cap stable scimi is synonymous with being in a fleet of 100 people and being flown by a retard

I've not used one in like 3 years and everything has been tiericided to fuck

>lowsec
>elite

>using overheat speeds as default says you do
No, you're projecting. Overheat speeds are very relevant to staying away from danger in a logi. Even the FC will call for overheat when needed. 3k is extremely fast for a cruiser let alone a logi cruiser.

>ok anchor shitter
projecting again because you can't retort with anything relevant.

>cap stable scimi is synonymous with being in a fleet of 100
no its not where do you get this shit. People would rather use Basilisks for large fleets because it gets more reps and more cap fidelity and more tank. I never posted any fits you dumb fuck.

quit getting mad at your shitty scimitar fits blobfag it's only eve online

>can't retort
>keeps spewing shit like "ur a nullshitter" for saying the scimitar was fast

>you should fit your scimitar with 3 cprs and 2 cccs so you can be asleep at the keyboard and anchor for stratpaps
>b-but I didn't post any fits so you can't call me retarded!

>you should fit your scimitar with 3 cprs and 2 cccs
I made a suggestion that it was a good easy fit because a logi doesn't need lowslots for tank so doing a cap stable fit is easy.

If it was a blob there'd be a cap chain

>nullshit
keep projecting, if you're so uptight why don't you post a "non-null" fit or what ever you're vomiting

>we have less than 80 in fleet it's not a blob

>wasting slots on cap mods instead of going full sanic

>>we have less than 80 in fleet it's not a blob
I didn't say that
>wasting slots on cap mods
I wouldn't waste 4 lows on nanofibers when I can easily get a cap stable already fast fit

or do you think that 3k isn't fast?

it's 2k not 3k

its 3k overheated which is what I said before. Not overheating appropriately is dumb and you're not getting the full potential of your ship

>inb4 "ur a nullshitter for overheating"

>capacitor depletes in 1m12s

post a fit if you think you're so good

>being that guy who uses overheat numbers for everything
>oh your scimitar only goes 2km/s? well mine goes 3km/s :^)

you are the worst kind of person

no, why don't you

>>being that guy who uses overheat numbers for everything
I used it for the prop, not the reps, not the adaptive invulns, just the prop

stop lying, stop projecting

>>oh your scimitar only goes 2km/s? well mine goes 3km/s :^)
Never said this

if my escalation has no commander rats or escalation triggers in it there's zero reason to bother completing it is there, unless I want like 2 mil in bounties

>when you align to warp and a tiny beacon 1/10 the size of a light drone gets in your way and bumps your massive BS completely out of trajectory turning a 12s align into 50s one

>not passive aligning

3200mmm steel plate II

Can't fucking wait

Imperial Navy 3200mm Plate

>faction modules

>he doesn't want to get the most out of his ship

i know this is a stupid question but what the fuck am i doing wrong? read the dumb journal and the requirements like 5 times and it looks good to me yet i cant finish the quest because requirements are not met

you have to mine out the rock in the deadspace area of the mission

Did you go to the asteroid field?

right, seems like i mined the thing from the wrong asteroid. ill try again

did you take the ore out of your ore hold and put it in the station inventory?

>78M SP
>years worth of training queue past me
>can only use two weapon systems on a remotely profficient level (blasters & drones)
>all others only up to t1 with even shittier missile skills
>shit tank skills, shit navigation, recently got some mediocre scanning skills (were literally non-existant a month ago)
>can't trade, mine or do any industry well
>can't even use any ewar module
>zero skills in t3, can only fly ceptors and transports from t2 and not even to V
>haven't even trained some core skills to V
>only redeeming skillset is a limited crosstrain in frigates destroyers and battlecruisers which I never utilize anyway because t1 guns
>can barely squeeze a plex per month of income

>"Specialize" they said
>"You'll save up on training time" they said
Now not only I ain't maxed using some things, I'm absolutely shit / can't even use anything else.
What did I do wrong? :(

t3s are a meme

yup, got it working now. i had mined the wrong asteroid belt. thanks for the help friends