/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

hibanana edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI
youtube.com/watch?v=xDrSv63jfwc
youtube.com/watch?v=OlQbm5l5Ew0
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

friendly mission successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/qrqkF
youtube.com/watch?v=8dWYlgl_6x4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Vekposting is great and I wish people would do it more

thread wars now

Anyone else can't connect to server?

true thread (Migrate here)

Kind of you but this thread was first and has more OP info.

>this thread: 03:55:43
>that thread: 03:56:08
>vek, even ironically
yeah nah

do you think he knows his shit is the laughing stock of 99% of posters here?

and it's only ever posted to irritate people>?

m.imgur.com/a/qrqkF

For anons that missed it.

can't let those SAS steal our russian thunder

i am shit at the game

maybe? I mean if he doesn't lurk here (which is unlikely) hearing "some autists on Veeky Forums hate your work" is hardly something the average leddit artist would bat an eye at

you must get better at the game

>Lord Tachanka

I never really minded the memes but holy fuck ever since Ubisoft unironically started getting in on it I am filled with immense hatred everytime I see it.

Matchmaking is my favorite minigame!

matchmaking errors are the candy of siege desu

>Reddit goes absolutely batshit over LORD CHANKA

>has 11.5 million more deaths than kills

I don't have an appropriate reaction image for this

>773,156 battery kills
I'm honestly impressed.

I'm baffled be the 1.5 millon sledge hammer kills

will add to gallery tomorrow when im not dead tired.

thanks lad.

Most of those are most likely from style kills after the enemy was already downed. The only time I've ever died from a Bandit was from a suicide so I don't get interrogated.

I've contributed at least 2 and seen one, I have NO idea how mine happened, just saw the killfeed, but I saw a near death montagne waltz right over a shock wire, and before realizing his mistake get downed (as the last man so that was a kill)

>2mil Matryoshka kills on hostage

"I went to the Six Invitational event and tried the operators in full-depth.
Mira (1 or 2 speed) has 2 windows she can place on walls. The windows are one-way (meaning you can't see through the window nor shoot the window out from the outside). The window has a small canister on the bottom of the window from the inside that you can shoot once to break open the window (or shoot with a twitch drone).
Jackal (not sure i think 2 speed) has a vision that he can activate to see green footsteps. If he aims at a footprint and holds "F", the position of the person's footstep will get pinged for Jackal's whole team. The ping gets updated every 20 or so seconds until the end of the round (or atleast for quite a while). The ping can only be used on 3 different occasions in one round.
As for the map, I can't really explain it. It's pretty much what you saw in the map teaser.
If you have any other questions just ask in the comments.

The next Elite operator is going to be Rook. The armor pack is green and it looks amazing."

>T. Chanker turret kills: 12,218,914

Jesus fuck, somehow out of everything there, this just boggles my mind.

>Twitch drone can counter Mira
This is worse than previously imagines, what the fuck Ubisoft

And we still don't know if Ash, Sledge or Hibana can fuck it. There is a good chance Hibana can place her pellets right above or below it and it'll make her have a vault hole with only one shot

VERY WORRYING

I don't need it
I don't need it
I definitely don't need it
I NEED IT

> tfw when seriously considering buying one

what's wrong with me?

I love to read ubi forums

You're a frog poster

Each frog you post counts towards another calamity towards you

But there totally is a self heal if you are a shitter as Doc

>The next Elite operator is going to be Rook.
Fuck Im probably going to have to buy this
At the very least it will get more people to play Rook

>At the very least it will get more people to play Rook

You serious nigger? He even got an average pick rate of 77% in pro league, which makes absolutely no fucking sense when kills should revolve around headshots there.

That's kind of adorable, in a retarded sort of way.

So if you have the season pass do you get the new ops a week early?

>implying pro league is equal to ranked/casual
>implying anyone on my team picks him if I dont

yuh

i want to kiss twitch on a cheek

Welp, free weekend was enough to convince me to buy the Complete Edition. This game is fun as fuck.

>not IQ
mfw

>every kill ever is a perfectly placed headshot

when will this meme die?

He's also the most picked defensive class in casual/ranked.

When did I say that?

>The average dictates every individuals experience
Why are you being so autistic about this? I rarely seek people other than me play Rook, why are you trying to argue my experience?

>which makes absolutely no fucking sense when kills should revolve around headshots there.

twitch was born on same day, month and years as me. We are meant to be together

Who's the operator that has the taser drone? My coworker killed me with it because I had no clue what it was. Also he's better than me and I am ass at fps.

1v1 is hard.

twitch

psn down for anyone else?

That is a hilarious way to kill someone.

For Defense I have Rook and Castle unlocked.

Do people tend to use Rooks armor? They mostly seemed to ignore it (probably due to the speed impeedment).

I picked Castle on my coworker's recommendation. I think his walls and shotgun are neat.

I was playing fine a short while ago. I'm watching Bob Ross right now.

Interesting how I didn't say every kill is a headshot there. Maybe you should stop assuming shit. At the highest level of competitive play, you should go for the most optimal move. This is true even in games that don't have one-shot headshots.

Your personal experience means jack shit. Rook is statistically one of the most popular characters, and it's retarded to want less team variety because you have a hard-on for your classfu, especially when said class is the most brain dead in the game.

Rook's armor gives you his teammates an extra point of armor with no speed penalties
It also makes them more likely to be downed when taking lethal damage as opposed to dying outright (hence why he plays well with Doc)

Oh. I mistook his slowness for that for some reason.

Why on earth would they pass up free armor then?

Rook himself is 1speed, yea.
Also you can't predict randos, they don't always act logically

>Your personal experience means jack shit.
Except it actually does matter to me, which I implied
>and it's retarded to want less team variety because you have a hard-on for your classfu
I actually prefer winning to having a bunch of special snowflakes run around with shit like Tachanka or Locking us all in with castle so seeing more Rook is actually completely fine for me.
>Brain dead
Once again another reason Im happy others will play him so I can start trying the other staple operators. Its also great because short of not dropping your armor at all its really hard to fuck up playing Rook, compared to the retarded castle that lock everyone in or the bandits that destroy everyones gadget
This is an improvement for my gaming experience and no amount of your autistic screeching will change that
Eat shit

Noted. Also this is more of a gun question but why does Blackbeards gun have a BACK label on it?

Okay lets break down your bullshit because

>Why do proleague players want to reduce damage?
>They should be all going for headshots

This is a direct implication that a vast majority of damage dealt in high level play is headshots - you are not being cheeky. You are putting out that Rook shouldn't be as prevalent because his armor provides zero protection against this "most optimal move" and, therefore, has little benefit. However he is prevalent and over represented in the stats relative to almost all other OPs. Why? Probably because headshots do not occur at a frequency where Rook would be useless.

You are also confusing the most OPTIMAL outcome with the most IDEAL outcome. The most optimal outcome is the outcome with the best odds of success. In real life, this is center mass. In Siege, this is the same thing. It's the largest target and has the benefit of your gun walking upwards into a headshot. In proleagues you see a lot of players not trying to get exclusively headshots, but just deal damage to whatever body part is available. A lot of those esports battles do come down to body damage, and Rook armor is obviously useful in these cases.

In many cases the head is the only thing that is available (peeking over/out of cover), and probably makes up a HUGE number of those headshot kills.

We don't have all the data, and it would be interesting to collect all of it actually, but the guys playing in Esports seem to think that Rook is valuable, and since your argument hinges solely on "people in eSports are wrong" - I'm going to trust them since they have the credentials and you don't.

SPECIAL WEEKEND PLAYLIST IDEAS

Put em here

>Roster Meta Management
>Ranked Style best out of 7 / up to 9
>Spawn voting is on
>When an Operator dies, they can not be picked again when your team plays that side
>Unlimited recruits

Dis one?

I'll take it

I like it.
Other ideas:
>Pick/Ban operators.
>No UI mode
>Recruit only
>Attackers have real time info on hostage location, but defenders can move the hostage
>OHK mode
>no drones/cameras mode
>no barricades/reinforcements

>No UI mode

Actually already exists, but Ubisoft only lets you play it in custom games

>replace every piece of art in the game with VEK art for a weekend

kek

>fuze without his charges.webm

>thunk thunk thunk friendly has injured the hostage.webm

Recruit only would be some fun shit, just call it 'Pure Mode' or something.

Me on the right

who the fuck is that supposed to be on the left?

scuba steve?

buck is shit tier too.

Looks like an EOD helmet

>this utterly insulting A FUCKIN LEAF cosplay

If anyone wants authenticity you can get it here

youtube.com/watch?v=8dWYlgl_6x4

Servers down?

me on the right

Seems like it, I've been sitting on ranked queue for 10 minutes after 10 minutes and nothing.

poor man's jager

Reddit says they're down.

>autistic screeching

From the person that constantly backpedaled and had to finally resort to childish shit talking. Either learn to deal with criticism or stop saying stupid shit you fucking baby.

Center of mass is important and players will focus on it if they can't pinpoint their exact location, but there's also a big focus on getting good angles and properly predicting where the enemies will come from. This is usually more important for defenders since squatting is a viable tactic, but even attackers regularly make good use of angles. This doesn't always end up in a headshot, but it does mean essentially free damage, and absorbing 1-2 extra bullets doesn't seem particularly useful in a game where many of the best weapons have high fire rates. Rook is popular because his ability grants a chance at extra insurance, but it's not going to change the situation in 95% of scenarios. I don't think that sliver of a percentage makes him 30%+ more worthy of a pick than operators that can gather intel like Pulse or Echo. This isn't exactly based on hard evidence, but this definitely does seem to be the case from what I've seen.

>cannot connect no matter how many times I try
Boy I fucking love the fact that they advertised a free weekend before they fixed the shitty servers and netcode. But who cares, as long as we have le lord le tchwanka le ecks dee dee dee dee

I think you are underestimating how many gunfights don't end immediately or are one sided with 95%, but at the end of the day they pick him because they feel like they have their bases covered with other OP's. There are a lot of gun fights that end up in a two way exchange, and that Rook armor can mean you survive that fight when you would otherwise die... And for the reasons you said, an OP with even 1 HP of health is far more dangerous than, you know, than the health suggests, because they can still get those immediate "fuck them in the ass" kills like you outlined

Sure Pulse and Echo can provide extra intel, but since Valk is already 10/10 and her cameras are literally impossible in a majority of cases, she does it well. Do you want more intel on top or something else?

If anything I'm surprised at how high Castles pickrate is, given how he is seen as objectively shit. I think Castle is in some bizarro world where proleague players can make adequate use of his abilities, but in casual he's just maximum shit - and the overwhelming majority of the time it's the other way around where they are good in casual but the pros ignore them

Interesting thought on Valk - Had Valk still had 4 camera's, but the cameras always had their blue light on whether or not they were being used (turns red when used) - how do you guys think this would affect her pick rate?

upboated xddd

>it's not going to change the situation in 95% of scenarios

What is a "double down", and what is "I killed him, but I'm down"

Pick someone else if you don't want Rook though

>backpedaled
If you consider you strawmanning then me reiterating what I said backpedaling then sure
I said hopefully it will cause more people to pick him so I dont have to
Then you when on a tirade about how high his pick rate is in pro league (which doesnt concern me at all) then you go on to say overall he has a high pick rate (which once again doesnt mean in the games I play he is getting picked regularly). So honestly you've just been randomly lashing out and made my innocuous remark into some huge debate by autistically arguing every detail
So yeah autistic screeching

Echo is used for his animation cancels you fucking coppers

Even not immediately dying and being downed, and them still having to focus on finishing you off, or better yet having the chance to sit in cover while a team mate tries to get to you? All of these can have significant impact on a match instead of you immediately becoming a corpse

>le pulse is only good for memeing on thermite XD meme

A perfectly invisible drone that shoots what are essentially unlimited flashbangs after you have told your team their position is TOTALLY not the best part about him

Yeah the fact he can meme on thermite is not just a fringe benefit, nope. It's his only purpose.

>pulse

Well I played myself, meant Echo. R I P

Cancel THIS ANIMATION
*whips out dick*

>Started tazing a Chanka with the shock drone
>poor bastard was so determined to destroy it he wasn't paying attention to where he was firing and headshotted a teammate
Kinda felt bad after that

No. The bomb plant is an animation canceled. He also makes Montagne drop his shield. That's his pick. That's why he's played in the Pro League.

It literally doesn't matter what you play when you solo queue. You can ace with Thatcher. Arguing what is best in Ranked or Casual is pointless.

i want Montagne to be my dad

He'd be your grandpa because he's old and useless.

what DLC op should I get? I almost have enough renown to unlock one (already have Hibana)

Valk

MIRA IS JUDGE DREDD

Okay first off, every match of these qualifiers was bomb mode, and he only had a