/mmog/ - MMO General

Hard times edition.
This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Featured
Mabinogi, Wakfu, Granado Espada, Revelation Online.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations (read for guild info!)
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread: In the previous thread we wrote an average of 5.92 posts per person.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com
youtu.be/4bmUhX6uuSs?t=5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Kanye West is a genius

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

>haven't played Mabinogi in 3 months
>now log in just to afk
Why do I let events make me think i care? Those SS tendering pots made shock a breeze at least.

Help me out /mmog/ lately I've been having a huge craving to go back to ragnarok online, so I ask you:

How is the population on the international server? What server has the most players?
How is the model nowadays, is there still a sub fee? Is it alive? Are there nice people or is the community cancer?
How is the cash shop? Is it too p2w?

I'd play on a private server but I just can't enjoy private servers for some reason

dead

Trying out wildstar

Seems pretty decent, why is the game dead?

convince me not to play tree of saviour

What games are these? First one is Vindictus? What about the others?

You go play it and have fun, report back.

This one is Aura Kingdom. Don't know about the rest tho.

Vindictus
Aura Kingdom
Tera
PSO2

Truly ded genre.

Server maintenance.

Private server ___WoW___ is pretty comfy.

>Featured
>shit, shit, Granado Espada, shitty pasta

When did GE suddenly pop out of nowhere? Anyone here actually playing that?

Like one person, but I'ts not a bad game if you wanna try something new.

Man, I miss my Catherine. Took so long to get her and summoning all that shit was fun, even if only for a short while.

>you will never marry your npc waifu
Why even play at that point?

>tfw a script will never truly love

>implying

remember it's all about the fun and positive experience

And now I remember again why wildstar died.

>game's good but crashes
That's meta.

>wanted to play Wild Star
>game isn't toaster friendly
The sure sign of a sure to die MMO.

at launch the game was crashing every 10 minutes

>implying I'm playing on a toaster

Is there even anything good coming soon?

I honestly can't think of a single thing.

>Wakfu is fun, but ankama failed to make players a part of the living world
>They keep failing at it, as their next mmo is mobile, dungeon and player hub oriented with channels instead of servers.

>Soon
No.
Personally, I play krosmaga and a few mobile games while waiting for image related.
>tfw nexon

Peria huh?

But Nexon...and it's unlikely to see a Western release, to boot.

And wakfu, sometimes, to chat with people in guild chat. Actually, same reason I sometimes visit Elsword and STO

Made it in time for the event lads.

I think\hope that if any game can recreate comfiness of RO\mabi, its Peria.

Isn't this game dead?

It should be dead. The game was so flawed on a design level that there's no way it isn't dead outside of maybe RP fags.

Nah, they're still pumping out cosmetics.

I like how it handles materials for crafting.

That's one of the things I liked about the game. It did have a lot of nice convenience features, but it's so fucking casual and boring that there's no reason to do half the things at endgame unless you were an autistic achievement whore who likes seeing your achievement tab all lit up.

play the granado espada ps with me!

Stole a peek lads.

Bump. Also Mabinogi is alright but I hope they merge the severs.

Pain in the ass to download.
I hate it when you have to download some manager to play it.

SJW shit made me drop that game. That and the no end game thing. I loved the actiony combat though.

You mean those characters that say they're trans or something?
Yeah I would drop that shit too.

I missed when you just downloaded the game and it had a patcher. Most new games seems to have some stupid manager.

Gotta have that DRM.

>Don't log into a game for a day
>Interest in playing disappears completely even though I was having fun while playing it

RIP me playing Blade & Soul (again) ;_;

But why? Being online is DRM enough.

It's not even DRM in most cases. They just want a way to advertise their other games to you.

Ha! Happens to me all the time.

>shitty ass malware that installs rootkits on your computer

Don't do shit for Nexon NA. I'm 99% sure people still hack in MS and combat arms.

Is this the end of of the line for MMOs in the West? ToS and Black Desert flopped hard, all the new games aren't even leaving Asia anymore. Even fucking Maplestory 2 isn't expected to be profitable enough over here. Is it time to stop dreaming?

Two words, Rune Scape.

Never stop dreaming. I got hope for Ashes of Creation.

I'm a fatty now. Can your MMO do this?

The only reason people think MMOs are "dead" is because they compare every game to WoW numbers, which was always an extreme outlier in terms of subscribers.

Personally I hope the market DOES shrink. I want actually good games again instead of shitty WoW-clones and games that "totally not WoW but hey don't all these systems seem really familiar...?"

Rebirth is the easiest way to fix it.
BUT
If you're already fat might as well stay fat and level all the cooking related skills to max. You're going to be eating a shit ton of crap.

Dude your game looks like shit.And nice job with all those gold bots.

>using ToS as a metric for measuring success/failure
BDO flopped because the publishers went full jew, just like every other gook game. Also doesn't help that the game is literally grindan exp and afk fishing

Happens to me too. Then I log back in and get all immersed and wonder how could I have forgotten this feeling.
I don't wanna fix it. I'm beautiful just like I am.

Oh and I've heard that eating Berries can make me lose weight?

Nah, you look like the fat kind in the Willy Wonka movie.
I hated that kid.

>eating in mabinogi
>not just leveling or becoming a pally

Asheron's Call deserved better than to be bought out by Warner.

I guarantee they're going to rape the IP out the wazoo with smartphone trash, too. Hope someone sets up a private server, I'd fucking fund the thing myself if I had to.

I know one of the cooking skills gives cheap dex, only reason I leveled it.

both BDO and ToS are a clearcut example of bait and switch

It's failing because MMOs became cum and dump pyramid schemes.

>try out Krossmaga
Wow lookit all that rng so fun fighting people with a shit deck because you cant get any card you want
or better yet, not standing a chance against people who bought thier decks while you're a free
even better is that i cant leave my side of the map since cra has so many low cost spells and the only decent untargetables are rare, and joris doesnt nullify spells anymore
Lets not forget those archers, the best card type since they almost always get a free hit that you cant do shit about since theres only 4 silences,
unless you're enirpipsa or sadida but they got the short end of the stick for everything else
I'm done playing this p2w rng riddled shit.
probably. There wont be anything interesting for ages.
you should just go outside if you want a social game, or play one of those shitty open world games if you want a large area to explore.
No good MMo games will be made since straying from the Everquest/wow formula isnt that profitable and thats all companies care about.

>oh man, there's going to be a maplestory 2? i gotta look that up
>its fucking minecraft
w h y
h
y

BDO can actually run without bugs, and TOS was supposed to be the spiritual successor of RO, which it missed by a country mile.

I stopped on the 2nd day.
Getting matched with a rank 230+ on your FIRST FUCKING MATCH didn't help too.

BDO advertised it wouldn't be p2w and that the cash shop would be fair

>playing card games ever
>listening to the french shills of this general

every gook game does this

Thankfully Vindictus is on Steam so I can avoid that Nexon Game Manager shit. There's also a way to launch the game without using Steam as well.

I like it for afking in town while I play other games.

BDO during CB was so different from release too, they bait and switched twice for that game

>steam
No thanks.

CB?

>Rank 230
There're only 30 ranks, then top 300 players start.

Probably closed beta, nvm.

Do you not play the game? The ranks continue.

>rng riddled shit
What, didn't they just remove most rng?

Just like wakfu. It still hurts.

Really? I read from their forums that ranks 30+ are their legend.

closed beta
theres a blog post somewhere talking about what it was like during it compared to how it was released. Gooks casuallized the game that its barely a shell of what it was.

Oh yea that matchmaking is utterly shit
>"theres not enough people"
then take that into fucking consideration and don match lvl 20

Here's a rank 85.
Rank 30 is just the cap for the rewards.

youtu.be/4bmUhX6uuSs?t=5s

>not becoming master cook
>all these +xxx to stats foods

>xxx
>triple digit
lol no
Highest is like two digits only.

I found archeage being a worse offender for that

>archeage closed beta
holy shit boats and fun and houses and piracy and crafting

>archeage release
p2w gambling garbage, hackers, downward spiral of updates, grindfest in a single zone

If archeage and BDO combined into some hybrid game with no p2w garbage I would play that for a long while.

That's top 85 player. They explained that on forums.
You don't actually think that somebody reached rank 230+ when the game is out for a month?

Also, they promised actual matchmaking and dusting/crafting systems soon. Apparently, the current matchmaking is so simple that they can't really tweak it.

not really
>loging to get a roulete reward
>then a random daily
>make a deck with cards you randomly got from packs
>play against random people most likely not in your level bracket
>randomly draw cards from the deck
>Chose a random lane and hope it has a real dofus to destroy
>try and win so you can get more random cards and hope they're better than what you have currently
>kama rewards cap out at 12 wins, so you can get 1 bronze pack if you get all 12 wins.

I don't got time for cooking. I too busy punching bears. But I do enjoy it in real life.

>Anyone here actually playing that?
Any game that lets me be as lazy as possable is ok in my book.

>he plays with dolls

>month
Game has been out for longer than that. Beta just became public last month.

Look, go search Krosmaga matches on youtube, there are players rank 230+.

It's really sad how badly p2w has infested the mmo market. I think cash shops and free to play more than anything have killed the industry. Why release a quality project meant for the long term when you can just pump out some piece of shit and make a quick buck, then do it all again after you've wasted it on cocaine and hookers?

I honestly can't wait for the inevitable collapse of the industry. I think the death of WoW will cause a cascade.

I know that it says 230+, I'm saying that I read on the forums from them that ranks end on 30. Then the rank becomes 300 and goes down to top 1.

i miss archeage

berries and teas, but look for hot springs in your moonbook and sit here with those monkeys until not fat (blue colored spring). Or fatter (three more for legs, shoulders or both).

>The Catering Dish produced provides the combined total of the stat bonuses of all the items it is made up with.
>For example, catering 10 five-star Vales Fires (+30 Health, +38 Strength, -15 Intelligence, -15 Dexterity, and +25 Luck) would produce a Catering Dish containing +300 Health, +380 Strength, -150 Intelligence, -150 Dexterity, and +250 Luck.

>losing all that Dex
Ya dmg will be all over the fucking place.

That's just an example, ya dingus.