Redpill me on the Skyline GTR R32

Redpill me on the Skyline GTR R32.

Why do I have to redpill you on one of the best cars ever made?

>one of the best cars ever made
coefficient of drag is zero point fucking four (0.4) in so called "race/track car"

It's a fucking roadcar not a trackcar

Why don't we all just drive Priuses then?

Weight distribution is 60/40 for the GT-R. RB26 is a meme and if beaten on regularly will break from even remotely serious track days. Transmission is weak stock, the Getrag V160 is needed for a remotely powerful street car and if you intend to drag race or something similarly stressful on the transmission you need to get a dog box.

The chassis is floppy. The aero is not good. The front of the car actually has significant lift characteristics so at speed the front wheels start to unload and there's unavoidable under steer as a result.

Most people do fucking retarded things to the R32. It looks kind of strange with its 5 inches of ground clearance but it helps to make the car ride acceptably. Coilovers very rarely improve things. Most builds out there throw gigantic turbos at the RB26 and as a result you don't make power below 5000 rpm.

But it's definitely a fun street car especially if modded carefully.

high Cd without any benefits is inexcusable

If I'm not mistaken race cars have a high CD if their bodies create high downforce on the rear tires. The Prius has stupid low CD for gas mileage but not performance.

>redpill
Stop

Expensive as fuck

>F1 cars have an average drag coefficient of 1.0
really makes you think

the RB26 is overrated, and it's very fragile in stock form and has all sorts of problems what with the oil pooling in the head when hooning or driving on the track, the too narrow crank collar, cracked heads, etc. properly built and with design flaws fixed it can take a beating and make lots of power.
meanwhile its underrated little brother RB20 is cheap, reliable, and can be bashed against the rev limiter all day while making 350-400hp on stock internals.

I hope you get one with a 16bit ecu

Watch the Motive DVD series on it. They've got theirs up to 500kw on stock internals.

Its another poorly built nissan.
Just like all the rest of them.

tell me about rb25 neo, both turbo and non turbo
i see lots of people shitting on them but also lots of people claiming to be more reliable than muh rb26

That isn't even a thing stock. If you're going to go with anything other than Nistune it makes zero sense to swap the R33/R34 ECU in.

t. Assmad GM fangirl

Nah. GM build quality is just as poor as nissans

It's tunable but good luck finding replacement parts

fag

op needs a cyanide pill

inferior to pic related in every way possible

Lol, r32 gtr is faster than c7 z06 at the ring
And you compare to a shitbox C5 LMAOO

lel they are triggered now

GTR OWNERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

So assmad he's arguing with imaginary people again

>7:08