/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>1.10 patch notes
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12265775
youtube.com/watch?v=NoTQbxaBcSc
nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/48/?
youtube.com/watch?v=y625zkkUzG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RIP Boss Invasions.

Post boss invasion WebMs

post yesterday's "leaks" please somebody

Remember to vote
strawpoll.me/12265775

Which ones?

they're not patched until the 9th user

Take your fucking trip off if you make a new thread, you attentionwhoring piece of garbage.

Seath the fucking Scaleless.
That motherfucker's first fight is the worst design decision in the entire fucking game (Lost Izalith is just underwhelming, Seath is actively bad). First of all, in a game that's all about fairness and skill, they put in a mandatory death. Secondly, when you get sent to the prison, they throw so many of their own rules out of the window that I thought it was a glitch. I spent two homeward bones trying to get out of there because the description clearly said it would bring me to the last bonfire I rested at, and this bonfire wasn't even lit so I could never have rested at it. Then by sheer accident I found that I could actually hit an enemy through the wall here, where you normally can't (it's a little more complicated, you sometimes can, but I was under the impression you couldn't at the time).

But I could forgive all of that, if it wasn't for the final rule that they broke, because it's about the central gameplay mechanic and arguably the entire theme of the game. Namely that when a boss kicks your ass you persist and try again, you try to find the strategy that works. You die, you go at it again, you try to git gud, you try not to lose hope and go hollow. That's the central gameplay loop of the entire game.

So I found my way back to Seath, and naturally it was in his original chamber, because where else would he be? I tried again and again to defeat him, only for him to heal at a crazy rate and kill me again. It was the most frustrating experience in the entire series.

I finally gave up and looked online, to find that I had to go somewhere else entirely with no indication of this given in-game whatsoever (I hadn't freed Logan).

Fuck whoever designed that encounter, and fuck whoever said that the best way to play these games is to go in completely blind, not looking anything up online.

I know some of you fuckfaces are in this thread. Fuck you.

does the passive effect of Artorias shield matter at all? Talking about the Ds3 version

everyone.

Yes, Seath is definitely the worst.

His real bossfight is also worse than even the bed of chaos, if only due to the BoC being unique. Seath's fight is just a big retarded slug dragon piece of shit with an irritating tail to cut.

Seath is a terrible boss fight, but saying that he's worse than BoC is a bit harsh. At least he's easy to kill, and if you go through the trouble of cutting his tail, you get rewarded with an excellent weapon.
There's nothing even remotely fun about Bed of Chaos. She's just extremely frustrating.

>decide to replay DaS1
>spend an hour in character creation because i'm a huge faggot
>intro cinematic plays
>loading screen
>DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION HAS STOPPED WORKING
>character didn't get saved
>spend 20 minutes recreating
>intro cinematic
>DARK SOULS PREPARE TO DIE EDITION HAS STOPPED WORKING

WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THIS FUUUUCKKKKK

I'd say Seath's real fight is dull, BoC is worse because it's frustrating, and Seath's fake fight is worse than both because it's a load of bullshit that doesn't even serve any purpose.

can someone please explain before I have a heart attack why greatswords get the same of number of hits in a combo in PVP as faster weapons do

Miyazaki's dad is a claymore

I'd agree but he has a real point about the fake Seath fight and the "prison" bit. They put forward clear rules on how the world works, then change them suddenly with no real explanation. Most of the rest of the time you get fucked in Dark Souls you can often reflect and see something you missed that should have prepared you.

been playing through the game multiple time on my sl80 and have had quite a good fun with invasions. However Id like them to be more common and actually see some summoning signs(I also want more vit and nig).
Should I level to 100 or over? Is there alot of activity at those levels other than the gank city

Make a new character and lvl it to 120. Have a broad sl range of characters so you're not missing out on the action on some of them. You want at least one meta sl char, one sl 80, one in sl 50 and maybe a sl 20-30 twink.

Why is every Great Hammer beside Great Club so useless. Why does Great Mace even exists. It looks so fucking cool but barely tickles anyone, with one of the worst weapon arts.

I wanted to make a Great Mace + offhand mace build, but it seems like Great Club is only decent one. Also I always end up doing retarded shit like this.

What is the best greatsword and why is it the moonlight greatsword?

they can be extremely good if you just practice with them. I myself have been rocking vordts/mace combo since the beginning and I do just fine.

this guy made some valid points recently
youtube.com/watch?v=NoTQbxaBcSc

vordts greathammer and great maces looks alone make them better than great club

Are you using the fixer program? Maybe trying playing without it first to get your character going, and then fuck around with the program afterwards so at least your setup is done.

I know. They look so great, but look at all the weight they have compared to Great Club. Now also look at the amount of damage great club do, without a useless wep art. Oh and GC can be buffed as well.

Why is piece of a giant tree lighter than a custom blacksmith made great mace that was obviously intended for combat?

shitters uniform

bonus points for kite shield and katana

>4 lord souls fights
4Kings>Nito>Seath>Bed of Chaos

>4 great souls fights
Lost Sinner>Freja>Rotten>Old Iron King

>4 lords of cinder fights
Princes>Aldritch>Abyss Watchers>Yhorm The Giant

>4 devas fights overall
Lords of Cinder>Great Souls>Lord Souls

>All Fights overall
Princes>Aldritch>Abyss Watchers>4Kings>Lost Sinner>Freja>Nito>Yhorm>Rotten>Iron King>Seath>Bed of Bullshit

the worst deva fight in each game has 3 words in their name

I wish you could remove the cape. It'd look pretty without it.

Claymore, DaS1's MLGS, and BB's LHB are the top 3 in the series. Which of the 3 is number one is up for debate.

It's literally shitter's uniform.

I like the idea of a hood over helmet, but that armor is just shitty.

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/48/?

just put few more levels in vit and adjust fashion. Its totally worth it man
try out surprise trade with pine resin bundle into preservance and 2 hit trade. Its beautiful

What's with the fog gates in Shrine? Is it a ploy from the Firekeeper to keep me away from leveling up with Irina?

I wish they'd give us an intact version.

Damn. That's pretty good actually.

So I posted this in the last thread/one before it so if you recognise it that was me.

Lots of new equipment to try out.

Some of the weapons have cool weapon arts. I think this is the most believable thing seeing how the crow quills have the jump, sabre has the wombo combo, onyx blade has buff, etc.

Weapons can be divided as follows.

Strength and/or Dex builds will have plenty to keep them busy.
Some weapons have very high stat requirements. The ones that do have very high strength or dex to wield.

Beyond the str/dex/quality weapons there are a couple of hybrid weapons that scale like friede's sycthe.
So Str/Faith, Str/Int, Dex/Int and Dex/Faith. He didn't specify which of those 4 are there but to expect at least 1 to be str plus faith or int and 1 that's dex and faith or int.

yes, the problem was that AA must be disabled ingame, fuck

The fog gates are a trick to make load times shorter, since most of the time you probably will have no reason to go out there.

To reduce loading times since most of the time you warp to firelink you're not going outside.

How clever. Interesting trick that.

Front coat

Not really, it does that everywhere in the game.

The Shrine is unique in that it wont even attempt to load the rest of the zone, unless you specifically try to go there. You can track when the game is loading another area with the flame that appears in upper right corner.

Like this? Also I've been stunned by Preservance of normal mace, but does it also works with Great Mace? When do I have to time it, just as I get hit so they stunned?

what do you do if people randomly give you a friend request?

I swear this feels like the Undead Burg

Delete it.

anticipate their hit and activate preservance if hyperarmor didnt kick in.
Also restart as a warrior to get rid of disgusting dex lvls

You accept it and see if you get fanmail.

Seath is still better than any of the DS2 lords. He is much more engaging and visually interesting than, say, Freja, which is a horrible fucking fight.

Any idea why my DaS1 won't run on 60 fps?

I unlocked FPS in DSfix, limit to 60, but the game still runs on rock solid 30 fps

I tried both fullscreen and borderless windowed mode, to no avail

>Seath
>more engaging than Freja
Is it a bait? Maybe if you try to get sword, but otherwise he is less engaging than fucking tutorial boss

Even tutorial boss is more engaging than Freja.

I dunno about that. I'd rather fight the old iron king any day over that piece of shit Seath.

The only good thing about the fight is how visually pretty the crystal caves are.

That fight would have been way more fun without all the shitty adds.

Lost sinner is better at least.

>implying anyone kills any of the great souls besides rotten past the first playthrough unless they want their items/spells or DLC

Lost sinner was overnerfed into oblivion. He/she wasn't any special to begin with, just a relatively tough boss, now it's just a generic DS2 humanoid with really limited and non-threatening moveset. Seath is much better at least in terms of visuals and moveset diversity.

What moves does Seath have besides crystal breath and flailing his lower limbs?

youtube.com/watch?v=y625zkkUzG0

So this is happening today.

Majestic Greatsword / Abyss Greatsword.

Is there a way to get the Pale Shade set without fucking up the Yuria questline/ending?

I never finished DS2 and have recently decided to play SOTFS to see the end of the game, it feels like The Lost Sinner got leukemia with how quickly she went down

>Trying to get sunlight medals
>Put sign down at crucifixion woods for people trying to kill crystal sage
>Summoned by Jose
>He's running haphazardly everywhere
>He goes down the ladder to Farron Keep
>He spends some time running around the bonfire like he doesn't know he can't sit at it
>He kills every slug and breaks everything and spends several seconds swinging on every unbreakable thing
>He often stops moving and waits until I go somewhere
>He keeps missing the fire towers and I have to stay there and point to get him to activate them
>Hold his hand through literally every single inch of the poison swamp
>Save him from an invader (and Heysel) that he had zero reason to fight because I cleared out the area before the Legion
>He stands still for about 5 minutes and eventually BCs me

Covenants were a mistake, even the easy shit is hard because other people are shit.

Yes, you have to attack her, run away, go to Farron keep and get invaded by pale shade. Then remove the sin, continue on and repeat the process for the second pale shade invasion.

No, you have to sin against Yuria (kill her) to get the Londor Pale Shade to invade you before Irithyll.

He has 3 version of crystal breath and multiple melee moves.
Sinner does uuhhhhh, a sword combo and a thrust like all DS2 humanoids?

Lost sinner was an Artorias reference originally. Then they got nerfed.

So I have to remove the sin twice to get both invasions?

Try getting concords kept. Sunlight medals are piss easy in comparison.

Punch Yuria to piss her off before you beat the Undead Legion and get invaded by the LPS in the swamp. Absolve the sin at that grave immediately if you want to summon the LPS and get its gesture, then repeat the process for the invasion in Irithyll.

>Lost sinner was an Artorias reference originally.
And a shitty one at that.
Actual Arty fight looks and feels like it's a whole generation ahead of Lost Sinner.

That's how I did it, you could probably only do it once and just steer clear of Yuria while she's pissed off at you I guess. Though there could be a risk of her leaving if you don't remove the sin as soon as possible, I'm not sure on that part.

Seath was also a late-game boss whereas Lost Sinner is an early game boss.

More moves do not make a better boss. Especially when that boss is meant to be fought with pyromancers spamming fireballs at you.

Oh, wait, I can't remember the details, do NPCs not invade after boss kills in this game? I've done everything except beat SoC.

Seems unfair to say a few sword combos don't really amount to anything, but a few types of breath attacks is somehow variety in a moveset.

Adds are a shitty way to increase difficulty though it's DS2 we're talking about, hordes of enemies is the only way they could ever maintain any semblance of difficulty.
Moveset variety actually makes boss fight more varied which is an important component of a good boss battle. A boss with literally 2 moves is worthless because both of them are instantly memorized. This is why Soul of Cinder is so good with his enormous moveset pool and move combinations.

>do NPCs not invade after boss kills in this game?

No they do not. If you've pretty much already beaten the game then you're locked out of most, if not all, NPC invasions and probably most questlines in general.

>punch yuria three (3) times with empty hand before killing abyss watchers
>quit to menu/teleport away
>get invaded by shade in swamp
>kill watchers, clear catacombs and get invaded in Irithyll
>remove sin
The only downside to doing it that way is that you can't really come close to Yuria in firelink because she will try to kill you. Talking to Hawkwood and Greirat should be fine because of the distance to her.

I've done the vast majority of questlines already, it's no worries. It's just this and Creighton's set I wanted to pick up

>Soul of Cinder is so good with his enormous moveset pool and move combinations.
He is worse and more easier than nameless king who has only 3 mobies

The actual arty fight is stiff and janky. He moves like a robot and only looks cool because, as a DLC boss, he's loaded with more and more detailed animations than main game content.

Sinner was a good boss before they killed its AI. Too many nips complained because they couldn't wrap their head around a non-linear game

So, /dsg/, when did you come to realize that Wyverns were people?

And Sinner has more swings than 3 types of breath that can't even damage you
So sinner has more moves according to you!

No, he's not. NK only gets shitters with low vig, it's really easy to learn his moveset pool.
SoC can be a total asshole if he wants to with combination of his buffs, sudden ripostes with no parry animation and a shitload of rollcatching moves.

Rolling to replay in grorious nihongo

>Try getting concords kept.

I am. Collecting sunlight medals is what I'm doing to break the monotony of waiting around for a damn summon. The only covenant item that I don't have trouble getting is bone shackles because lots of hosts die even if you genuinely try to help them.

They aren't. Fuck off, Nameless Loser.

I can drop you pale shade and creighton stuff if you're on pc.

I hope the painter girl gets eaten by a giant pig

Happens to me all the time in Ariandel. Put down my sign for Friede (even hide my sign a little bit, next to Gael's) and still get summoned to passive hosts who want me to guide them through the whole DLC.

I wouldn't mind, but Ariandel is a fucking slog to get through and I have no idea if these hosts want me to show them every single thing or just want me to get them to the boss quick. I should probably just take them to the Gravetender boss instead.

>Loser
He outlived his entire family, spent his life in battle and died the way he wanted to.
Of all gods he had the best fate.

I prefer the Final Boss over Nameless King. NK is really disappointing.

Or you could make a new thread before the old one has almost 800 posts and is on page 10, so I don't have to.

Delete this post immediately

I have a character at sl120 with all the npc questlines complete, with just the SoC unbeaten and I want to get darmoon blade. So either I make a new save and do the whole game all over again for the 10th time or I grind concords.

Why can't from just add the blue eye ord in? As a red invader I'd be happy with getting invaded by darkmoons to boot!

I'm not, but thanks for the offer user

>Infected with Pus of Man, a human entity related to the dark
>cutting open the head of one gives you the Dragon Head Stone, which claims it was used by human worshippers to become dragonoids
>intelligent enough to co-operate with Lothric Knights
>Crowded around Archdragon Peak, the hangout of dragon-worshipping humans that seek to transform into dragons
Should be obvious. Wyverns aren't natural dragon-descendents like Drakes were. They're semi-successful human ascendants.

parrying is hard on ps4

>Why can't from just add the blue eye ord in?

I'm still amazed it wasn't in from the start. Lack of full orbs was an issue for everyone in DS2, I can't believe that their response to that was one full red orb and no blue orb.

R8

Blue orbs don't really need to exist. There's not really much difference besides the fact you get to be an overleveled shitter and that the other player won some invasions

Any tips of farming Swordgrass? Just keep murdering Ghru?