WHY THE FUCK DID TOYOTA BUILD A LIGHT WEIGHT AND GOOD LOOKING TWO SEATER THEN GIVE IT NO FUCKING POWER I FUCKING HATE...

WHY THE FUCK DID TOYOTA BUILD A LIGHT WEIGHT AND GOOD LOOKING TWO SEATER THEN GIVE IT NO FUCKING POWER I FUCKING HATE THOSE GOOK CUNTS IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE A 500BHP MOSTER IT JUST NEEDS ENOUGH TO BE ACTUALLY FAST LIKE 275BHP AND A DECENT AMOUNT OF TORQUE OR SOME SHIT FUCK YOU JAPANIGGERS FUCK THIS I HATE THIS WORLD FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86speedfactory.com/jackson-racing-c38-supercharger-system-2013-ft86.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's RWD and people love to sue the shit out of manufacturers if their precious lil fucks wrap around trees even when it was 100% their fault

IDGAF about the lack of power, but it should have cost $20k and not $25-30k. That's the main problem with it - the price is not fair for what it is.

Thankfully, the used market is taking care of this problem with each passing year.

>the price is not fair for what it is.

The thing still sells like hot shit so THEY don't give a fuck.

They released the first truly enthusiasts' car in decades and dumb niggers can't stop complaining.

Go do an engine swap or put some of the bolt on turbo kits, it was meant to be a tuner's car

nigger i drive car with 60hp and its almost enough, kys dumbfuck

t. someone who doesn't know what the jackson racing supercharger is

ft86speedfactory.com/jackson-racing-c38-supercharger-system-2013-ft86.html

or maybe you're a poor piece of shit, idk famalam

this, you're never going to need that much power anyway other than on a track, and if you bought one to track it you're a retard, because a caterham is cheaper and much better on a track

>centrifugal supercharger systems
>ever
Why would you want a supercharger without the whine? Fucking kill you are self.

This isn't an enthusiasts car

The yaris type r is faster

>"hurr this lightweight sports car needs muscle car characteristics"
>"did i mention i have autism"

Because people see a car that LOOKS fast not that it is fast

The brz feels like a corolla under normal driving conditions, kill yourself

>man pepperoni pizza is fucking delicious but you know what since were on a plane it's so out of place omg i cant eat this
Fuck you faggot I want my supercharger to whine.

stop driving it like a pussy then, you dumb faggot

i bet you haven't even driven it, & even if you have, you haven't taken it to redline on public roads

Why did Toyota make a "lightweight" sports car with lolnopower that still manages to be slower in a straight line than a car with 25% less power even than that? They must have realized pretty early on in the designing stage that they were going to miss every performance target and end up with a useless shitcan that barely competes with ten year old designs.

Centrifugal supercharger still whine. The sound comes from the belt drive, not the screws or bearings.

250hp is not "muscle car characteristics"

Fast is relative you retarded faggot. $25k for a RWD coupe with 200 hp is neither a good deal or a bad deal, it's just what they can sell it for. If you think it's so bad go out and buy another RWD coupe with 200 hp that costs $20k. Oh wait, you can't.

The corolla is faster than the gt86

>tfw you realize an ND or Fiata with a tune makes more power on the dyno than an 86 with a tune

Daily reminder

DELETE THIS

the '70s and '80s say otherwise

nd miata makes less whp than a toyobaru with a tune

the fiat 124 is for faggots who enjoy wasting money on an inferior car so i won't even consider it

here's some facts on the 124 i've mentioned before:

>single cam
>autistic 240z ripoff design
>fca reliability
>heavier
>more expensive
>all these drawbacks for an inferior vehicle

the 124 is basically a shittier & uglier nd miata.

>inb4 assmad replies from mentally disabled fca shills

the nd miata & toyobaru are both pretty great cars in their own respects, the fiat 124 is a literal rolling shitheap only purchased by niggers who are fine with paying real life money for a piece of trash.

>even if you have, you haven't taken it to redline on public roads
people like you need to have taken their licence away
kys boyracer

>Raspy 7000 redline just for 200 hp
You're a cuck if you think that's okay. Why wouldn't you always want power on tap? Again, kys

>RWD
>Coupe
>Lightweight
>205hp
Muh di-
>156ft/lbs torque
>with a dip right in the fucking middle
BUT WHY THOUGH

It's not the 70s and 80s you dumb fag

butthurt muscle car fangirl

In the end it doesn't matter why people buy the car.
They buy it, corp saves money by using cheaper engines and also saves money by less lawsuits because a weak car is harder to wrap around trees

>"this car is slow"
>"i don't want to drive it fast"

congratulations, you are one of the dumbest faggots on this board.

>100 hp/L
>bad

hey cletus, get your dick out of your sister & go buy a muscle car if you're too fucking stupid to downshift.

How am I butt hurt for dismissing the myth that asking for the brz to have more hp is "muscle car characteristics"? You're fucking stupid, today's muscle cars are over 500hp in some cases like the hellcat having over 700

When will Veeky Forums realize It's supposed to be a fun car and not a fast car?

He said a it's a car made for enthusiasts not for benchracing faggots on an Angolese dooding forum.

What the fuck does hp/L have to do with speed? Are you a complete fucking retard?

Please just fucking go find a bridge and jump off it you useless fucking cuckold.

>driving fast on public roads
>"congratulations, you are one of the dumbest faggots on this board."

perfect logic

This.
Also for insurance reasons.

GT86 is fast as fuck, I bought one (well actually I went for the BRZ) only a week after test driving it. I was expecting slow shit and only test drove it on a whim, took it out and pretty much redlined it 5 seconds after leaving the dealership as I was expecting slow. It's fast as shit, people are just retarded and think it's meant to be supercar fast because it looks like a supercar. It's still fast but not super crazy fast, I burn off plenty of people at the stop lights.

This x 1000.
Fucking bus riders complaining yet again.

Kekk you drive it like a corolla huge fucking nigger.
KYS my dude.

but alphonse, you don't have a car

>implying hp/l matters more then power to weight ratio

Also, the fiat 124 makes over 160 horse out of a 1.4 (better hp/l, not like it matters when discussing anything other than engine characteristics), and also has 30ish ft/lbs torque more than the 86/BRZ

All three cars make around 170 horsepower with a tune. FA20 has near zero tuning potential.

>even bringing that fagbox to this discussion
see

>facts

>single cam
wrong
the intake camshaft is in software, it has all the capability of a DOHC engine with VVT and less rotating mass.

>autistic 240z ripoff design
you dumb autistic cunt, the original 240Z intentionally aped styling cues from the original 124, it's coming full circle.

>fca reliability
Assembled by Mazda, the only FCA part is the engine, and you get stock forged internals, oil separator system, and a hybrid turbo just like every other 1.4 MA-T.

>heavier
not enough to make a difference

>more expensive
base 124 starts at $21,000, base Miata starts at $24,000

are you done being a dumb cunt?

200 != 0
Your argument is invalid
You are a retard if you think a manufacturer can/is going to release something lightweight and with a 1:10 power : weight ratio for cheap.

You really think Toybaru COULDN'T put a more powerful engine in it? I'm interested to see why you think that is, perhaps it's because you are a fucking retard, kys.

>fun

the fuck is that?

$20k these days gets you either subcompact or basic bitch cars. it seems like $25k+ is the new norm for, i guess you could call them, standard cars

They could, but then you need to change/upgrade everything else and you lose some reliability.
You are the moron.

Yeah lets go and engine swap my brand new car.....fucking retard

>not been on Veeky Forums for almost 1 year
>see this thread
>"oh look, things are just as I left them..."

>buy a brz
>complain about it.

K.Y.S my man.

You could never ever reach 80% of the potential a GT86 could offer you.
Certainly not with your bus pass.

There's nothing to 'change/upgrade' you clown, you think they finished designing the whole car before they knew what drivetrain it would have? It's part of the design process. They knew they were building a sub-200bhp shitbox right from the get go.

>Squeezing the life juice out of a badly engineered four cylinder (with torque dip)
>Fast
Yeah nah. There's a reason why people love turbos and v8s, it's cause they don't feel anemic downlow
When did anyone ever say "oh no my car has too much torque!"
Don't get cucked by them

>Hp/L
Confirmed retard, move along.

You've never driven a faster car

>"nuh uh it doesn't have a single cam"
it literally does you shit-for-brains

>"the original 240Z intentionally aped styling cues from the original 124, it's coming full circle"
yes retard, & the original 240z actually looks good, this pile of trash doesn't.
if you're gonna copy a design make that shit at least look good.
i wouldn't have this complaint if it looked good, nigger.

>"the only FCA part is the engine"
yeah buddy, the most important part of the car, is made by a company known for god awful reliability
in other words, everything is made by mazda except for what you actually want to be made by mazda.
fucking retard.

>"not enough to make a difference"
so the engine is smaller than the miata, with an autistic fuel economy turbo, & the car is heavier, but it makes no difference?
>"it's literally slower in every way but i'm going to ignore it for the sake of being a stupid argumentative nigger"

>"base 124 starts at $21,000, base Miata starts at $24,000"
Sport Miata w/ Manual has $24,915 MSRP
Classica 124 w/Manual has $24,995 MSRP

Assblasted busrider detected, stay BTFO.

>single cam
If it's so inferior, tell me why the fiata is faster around a track
>design
Literally just your opinion
>reliability
The only non-mazda part in the car is the engine, and if you can't do maintenance on a l4 you shouldn't be talking about >muh fix it again tony
>heavier
Incorrect, weighs hundreds of pounds less than the brz
>more expensive
Literally the only good point you've made, good job

You should probably go drive the car (I have, which is why I'm defending it, it's really fun to drive), and actually do some research before you try to shit talk a car you know nothing about

>not immediately LS swapping every car you buy
kys

>Everyone ITT that hates the Godly GT86

i'm comparing it to the nd miata in that greentext you fucking mong, not the toyobaru.

toyobaru>nd miata>literally every non fca product ever made>fiat 124 cuckbox

they didnt build it for splerges they built it for the primary age group of buyers 65 year old white men

>not wanting a fast car on an automotive forum
What even are you here for

The GT86 can't even reach 80% of its own potential. kek

>Caterham
>Cheaper

Yeah.. No.

That makes him the opposite of a busrider, fuck off shitposter.

>Not denying the buss pass

I knew it. Way too obvious.

Also
>Nice trips, time to kys.

Buzzword losers with slow shitheaps use

So am I you daft cunt, that's why I posted the base MSRP of the fucking ND Miata.

How can you place the toyubaru over the nd if the fiat is better than a the toyubaru but worse than the nd?
Really makes you think

>he needs more than 100HP to go fast

You can't even afford a used one with a boxer that needs the headgaskets replaced. You're whining about something that will never concern you. Kill yourself.

im not even the guy you replied to fuckwad, plus quit projecting about riding the bus it's embarrassing

This.
/Thread.

Are you saying car enthusiasts who like to tune, upgrade and do all sorts of stuff to their car aren't interested in performance based metrics including lap times?

You're fucking retarded

I like mine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

everyone hated jesus when he came to earth too. I'll keep my godmachine if you guys don't mind.

meet me on the touge faggot

>he wants to get there in 3 and 1/2 minutes at WOT and then blow up his engine once he's there

>its literally an updated Toyota corolla
>HUUR DURR ITS A SLOW COROLLA

My front wheel drive shitbox cobalt SS LOL GM FANGURL car gets 130hp and TORQUE per litre! Stock easy can reach 150hp/l

>
Not the guy whom you replied to but:
>nuh uh it doesn't have single cam
Strawman

>yes retard, & the original 240z actually looks good, this pile of trash doesn't.
if you're gonna copy a design make that shit at least look good.
i wouldn't have this complaint if it looked good, nigger.

Begging the question

>Sport Miata w/ Manual has $24,915 MSRP, Classica 124 w/Manual has $24,995 MSRP
Nice statistic you pulled from google, but if you actually build one on the Fiat site for Canada it's 22k usd for the basest of base models, and in Canada they tend to be more expensive.

The image is fitting and applies to your comment though, especially since you're so buttmad and need to resort to ad-hominem 1.3 times per sentence.

BTFO

Hell cat is 650 hp

Are you making some kind of assumption that 200HP now is not as fast as 200HP 30 years ago?

This

An 86 is a Corolla

How is that muscle car characteristics? It can still take a corner just as well as it could previously, only with a little more grunt to get off the corners, Refer to your own image for further assistance

So out of curiosity how much did the original tofu box cost back in the 80's and compare it to the cost of the new meme machine? Adjusting for inflation of course.

How extremely relevant.

it doesn't need power.
If you want to dragrace your automatic sports car buy a stang.
it costs the same as all other jdm sport cars, bit cheaper then.

it is an enthusiast car which is why busriders and benchracers hate it.

because it's supposed to be cheap and "entry-level". It's basically miata hardtop. I'll buy it just because it's so weak and nice, making it perfect car for relatively poor everyday driver with some basic love for cars. Install turbo if you feel like it.

first initial d artstyle was so much better. it's like umineko, everything looks like shit but facial expressions save the day

I'm considering buying an SW20 because it's literally faster and more fun. Is this a good idea?

you people are giving me cancer

it was 5k so autistic busriders could afford it after 5 years of saving up their allowance

jk it was 28k

>SW20 because it's literally faster

is it.

>fast as fuck
>15 sec 1/4's

Congratulations, you're as slow as a stock 240sx.

>It's basically miata hardtop

While being slower and heavier than the same year miata.

all the gay and hairdrassing jokes in the world isnt worth it, even if that was true.

Yeah the turbo SW20 is faster than the GT86