opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/pedro-montoto-garc-a/monday-practice-6-04022017-battle-of-stoicism
youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0aCDmgnxg
the12principles.tumblr.com/
youtu.be/XYjTtQopDPU
youtube.com/watch?v=S9HYycG0e4s
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf63RNFemXIbigyetY0JRNekjOQpyaBrz1Wh-X4VYx1LbOOoQ/viewform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for how do you feel about a girlie voxel delicious brown girl?

spending the day with my game :)

couple of days worth of work. Will implement combat next. Most art is placeholder

i heard /agdg/ likes screenshake
i have the lifetime supply

>L�VE

Repostan shitty music in the search for feedback.
soundcloud.com/pedro-montoto-garc-a/monday-practice-6-04022017-battle-of-stoicism

---PROGRESS---

Posting in this general every saturday is becoming my only highlight in life.
Anyway, changes since last week.

-Added sprites for the player and enemy_1
-Made everything react and change to slowmotion, including animation speed, cooldowns and bulletspeeds and various effects
-Various effects for game feel, i dont like the screen effects 100% but i needed something and it's ok for now.
-Added sound effects for most things that get pitched down and up which im quite proud of, sounds cool. Shame u cant show it in the webm.

Next step is actually a level and some level art to see if it can be a game on its own. (I forgot to include the webm in the last thread)

Voxels never looked good in the entire history of humanity and never will until the heat death of the universe

>it's another "blender turned stuff inside out when mirroring" episode
thank god that's a really simple placeholder mesh

I'm a lazy shit and don't have the motivation to do good models or textures. Can I hide low poly shit with a pixel art shader?
Devil Daggers comes to my mind and it looks amazing as far as I'm concerned.

-> P R O G R E S S (?)

I know right? Goddamn.

That said, I find voxel terrain + billboarded 2D sprites to be okay...

Oh well, guess I won't be getting any downloads then.
I'm definitely keeping something simple for the comfy jam, and I like her anyway despite some changes that I have to do.

simplistic != easy

But yes, there are definitely tricks (especially when it comes to animation) that can make your shit art seem pretty decent.

>Adding ammo limits (instead of the infinite ammo but limited mag size as before) effectively forces the player to collect & conserve ammo, but I still need to add a way to fight even with 0 ammo.

Maybe go with a Doom approach, killing enemies when you have low ammo/hp drops just that. Maybe implement a melee for the times u do come down to 0 ammo.

This is the greatest vidya inventory system ever made, anyone who says otherwise is shit

god bless lord british

>Next Jam
>but it's actually the current jam

It's fun, it's very physical, the only downside (and it's a pretty big one) is that it requires a fuckton of precise clicking.

God help you if you've got a little bit of wrist pain.

Yeah, I have something like that already implemented (Hp drops are prioritized when runnin glow on hp). But I guess I'll add melee anyway, it'll spice up the combat.

I like it. I also would recommend a higher weapon carry limit. It adds to the depth of the game if you place enemmies right.

>tfw equipment wasn't about best in slot bullshit

How do I make MMO lol?

step 1: give up

Didn't you have umbrella girl? Why not use that?

Step 1) Assemble a large team
Step 2) Assemble a large amount of money
Step 3) Use the money and the team to make the MMO
Step 4) Release the game P2P
Step 5) Add lots of cashshop bullshit
Step 6) Make the game F2P

>jam game
>use existing
Whats the point

better than using ugly voxel graphics imo

It's not easy, but it's faster.
What tricks for animations do you know? I'm a complete beginner in animating.

If my free itchio game has donations enabled, does that make it 'commercial' in the context of CC licenses?

I can warn you guys you should have a consistent sleep schedule. I was working on this when I got sleepy and ended up sleeping the whole day away. At least I'm continuing it now.

It's cute
Can I keep it?

My autism prevents me from gamedeving most of the time so I would rather work for 2 days straight if I manage to get into that state.

Well, not tricks as much as just generally following "lively animation"

"well animated" is a lot easier to make look great than "well drawn".

Here are some interesting things:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0aCDmgnxg

the12principles.tumblr.com/

Devil Daggers in particular still requires fairly great models and good texturing.

discipline > motivation

>forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do

wagecuck mentality

You consistently impress me.

tfw theres a big hole in my virtual daughters face that i want to fix
tfw cant because theres a big hole in my real grandads face
why did you have to fall pop pop :'(
i hope you feel better soon, sitting here in the hospital lobby anxiously waiting is the worst feeling :(
youtu.be/XYjTtQopDPU

Nah man it's

Forcing yourself to do something you want to do.

The old chibi one? Maybe, but I have no idea what kind of environment I can make in that style.

>ugly voxel graphics
That's your opinion man. I actually like the voxel art, I just can't do it a lot because it's still basically pixel art.

>living at the whims of your physical needs
I dunno to be honest that sounds more like the gutter a wagecuck lives in

only unmotivated people say that

How's that gutter, user?

>the thought of being in control of your actions gives you violent cognitive dissonance
Really activates my almonds...

stop projecting on me

To be honest I would not hire anyone of you. Lack of skill, discipline, temperament, and mentally unstable creatures are not good stock to invest in.

Soon I will be as famous as Todd but for high quality reasons, while you remain mired in the sewers of agdg. Never will you experience the great sensation of success, and you will remain as failures until your death arrives.

It's Game Over for you.

>soon I will be a meme
see that user ? I won't hire him

What drives people to shitpost like this?

(You) is one hell of a drug. You will see, the retard will get atleast 5.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9HYycG0e4s

>the look on those police officers when he confesses

Progress!

Maybe I'll texture him after work.

>literally insane unity-dev

mm look at that sweet robooty

>Adding ammo limits (instead of the infinite ammo but limited mag size as before) effectively forces the player to collect & conserve ammo, but I still need to add a way to fight even with 0 ammo.

I'm facing the same issue currently, and some of the things I've tried to come up with might help you out, i might use one or more of these but most of them don't fit my game and might fit yours instead

>Melee weapon only usable when you're out of all types of ammo that gives the drop tables a higher chance to drop ammo
>A different approach to the first one: Being able to quick-melee with your guns at no ammo cost and reduced damage but with a higher chance of ammo drops from the get-go
>Ammo pack drop chance inversely proportional to the amount of ammo you have
>Ammo packs spawning when you're low on ammo (think like half life 2 and medkits)
>Rely on a secondary attack method (my game has spells and regenerating mana, you could add secondary items instead) until you get ammo
>Shopkeepers that sell you ammo but give you a "pity discount" and give it out for free if you have no ammo or very little ammo
>Being able to sacrifice health or energy for ammo

Another approach that I don't like but you could use that i've seen in other games (like relic hunters zero) would be having disposable guns that come with their own ammo that you can gather from enemies that while you can reload with your own they still have some ammo left in them

I'd love to make art for your game!

Oh yeah? What engine are you using?

no, thanks

You really have nothing better to do with your lives than starting this shit every thread?

Before I answer, first tell me what engine you are using.

It's literally the funniest joke I've ever heard! I have to repeat the joke in this thread every hour to make sure everyone knows how hilarious it is!

> post shitty webm of your game
>tfw no one cares enough to even make fun of you

At least you have shit to show. Me, it's like wow, GUI screens, so fucking exciiiiting.

That usually means your game is good enough that no one hates it, but not good enough that everyone sucks your dick yet. So you get less replies overall.

>post webm of your game
>no replies
>somebody posts a wojak meme talking about not getting (you)s
>suddenly afraid somebody will think you're the wojakposters and will mock you for the memes you're not responsible for

Let me be your artist
Let my visions guide your mighty fingers

sure but what engine u using tho

I wouldn't post if mine was the only zero replied webm. We share the burden friend.

Can I be the shitty zero reply webm too?

>can't program
>can't make art for a programmer because it's literally impossible with memes lurking around every corner
oh well it's fun to look at other peoples' progress

You're getting boring, memer

>yet another "trust me i really am an artist but im too dumb to realize that posting portfolio right away is something every artist should do when looking for someone to work with" post
this kind of memes is the worst because it makes /agdg/ look more bonkers than it actually is

>looking through old assets
>see this
What da fuk

>driving artists away out of meme-induced paranoia
new low, /agdg/

i'm sorry but this skill cannot be learned
you are either born with a talent to do art or you are not
there are no inbetweens

way to prove my point

Show your art.

>tfw when you died you lost all your equipment
god that was pain in the ass, kids today wouldn't survive that

>implying the reply won't be something among the lines of "i won't post my art because i'll get bullied by pleb like you" or now, because i'm posting this, "i would've posted my art if it wasn't for this user who correctly predicted my every move"
you're wasting your time

if I was an artist I wouldn't post here either because of people like 890

i'll give you points for being honest about not being an artist instead of pursuing the dumb meme

Name suggestions for a toy train set building game?

Timbertracks

I'm just replying to say that I'm not who you were talking to, and that you should take a break from posting

Living life on the fast lane

somebody's gotta do the dirty work

sick loops

Train set building simulator 201X

zheleznodorozhnaya stantsiya

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf63RNFemXIbigyetY0JRNekjOQpyaBrz1Wh-X4VYx1LbOOoQ/viewform

reminder to participate in the survey

i'll keep posting this for a few days, 24 responses so far

it wants the succ

This could be massively fucking cool. Obviously a first-person mode right? And maybe some "living" pieces, like a deer family near the tracks that look around, minor activity seen in city windows, birds...

No idea where you're going with it but goddamn I want to play this now.

Scaled it to the point of exaggeration
Would be neat if I could leave arms as platforms, but I didn't plan on it until now
>dat bitch slap

I used the wrong player position it seems

I added more city data and now have 20 of the 28 initial cities for my bounty hunter game. Damn, creating content takes a lot of time.