Tires

Where does Veeky Forums buy new tires?
Do you get them online, or go to a local shop?
Install yourself, or pay some other asshole to do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

today.com/money/best-cheap-tire-services-wal-mart-sams-costco-or-sears-1D79823875
redding.craigslist.org/zip/6019444851.html
medford.craigslist.org/zip/5981473301.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Usually get them through a local shop. Guy gets me the exact tire I want, and gets me good prices & excellent service

>online
What? You want amazon to send 4 tires to your front door?

>have friend that owns tire shop
>I get them at cost
>lets me use his machine to install them myself
>balance them myself

can you think of a reason why not?

>Order 4 tires online
>They arrive
>Take them to local mom and pop shop
>Have them balanced and mounted for 15 a tire
>Proceed to promptly destroy them doing some hektik skids

Friendly Local Mechanics. They wouldn't dare stock shitty tires, and they can get pretty much anything delivered to them.
I just stick with the ones that were on it originally, though. I don't need expensive performance tires on a generic hatchback, but cheap shit costs more in the long run.

I get them free off craigslist

I just use old shoes to add more tread. Works like a carm

Personally, I buy them at Sam's club. They are just the cheapest around in my location.

>needed 2 pirelli tires
>quoted local places: all around $415 each.
>Sam's club was $225 each

>buying new

Its like you want to be jewed by the tire jews.

Unless you know how to inspect a used tire (wear, bubbles in sidewall, etc...) I'd recommend against it unless you just need 1 tire and the other 3 are already old.

www.tirerack.com

I wanted Nokian allweather tires under my Brick. So I found a workshop nearby that sells and installs/balances them. So I went there and got it done.

Usually get remanufactured tires. The are considerably less to new ones.

I have a guy. No idea where he gets them, simply call him and he texts me the choices of tire-set to have.
>From Nokia to Linglong whatever the fuck the chinese sell

Oh and there's a tire-machine and a balancing machine at my workplace. 10 min to learn and never have to pay for that shit again.

>Sam's Club
Pic related

I go to Maynard and Leisure in Nashua and have them install.

I like going to costco. While my tires are being put down I can grab a chicken bake and a berry smoothie.

Nice semislicks

Discount tire
>pop a tire on michigan potholes
>get a new one free
Prices aint bad either

I buy them at work, pick the newest tires we have pay what we pay for them, mount and balance them myself. Working at a distributor is nice.

THIS

>Personally, I buy them at Sam's club.
Yep, Sam's Club is good for tires in general. Costco has better deals on Michelin for some reason. But if the set of tires is not much higher, I have gone to Les Schwab since they have given me free flat repairs.

Pics plox

>$60 for 20 minutes of work

Holy shit. If only you knew how easy it was to mount and balance tires.

Buy them online, mount them myself. Used to get them balanced at a shop but im about to just buy a balancer and do that myself as well.

>20 minutes of work

Are you fucking 14?

Mount and balance of 4 tires is 10 minutes tops.

Spending more than 2 minutes a tire and you're a dog fucker.

and your the guy I have to take my damn tires back to and have balanced again and again since the bitch shakes at 130

>2017
>Buying new tires

It's a Jewish scam. Tires don't wear out if you know how to drive right.

local shop so I can check the numbers
>over ten year old tires are no good

>Implying I don't roadforce them

Get on my level m8

>trusting tires from used shops run by lamarcus and zhang with keeping your shitbox on the road

T. Horse carriage with iron wheels

i use discount tire, i'm too lazy to do my own tires so getting free balancing and rotations is pretty nice

>buying new tires

>get them from the junkyard, craigslist if I'm feeling sassy
>pic is all the tools necessary to dismount old tire and mount new ones

>he doesn't have a hookup at the mexican tire shop

Please don't disseminate shitbox wheeler-dealer tactics to the normies.

>have a hookup at the mexican

Motherfucker I AM the Mexican.

kek

My mom and pop shop charges $2.50 to install each tire and $3 more to balance them. Put your thumbs back down and do some searching.

Seems to be difficult to do it correctly. Not to mention the balancing machine. The shop space, etc etc.

It isn't.
We charge 20$ per tire mount and balance. $25 if I hit the button on the machine that sets it for sticky weights.

This

Mexican tire shops are legit.

Im surprised at the amount of people who get a tire perforation and think they need to buy a new one when they can go to the Mexican shop and have it patched for 7 dollars.

Seen a dude buy that fix a flat kinda can for 11 dollars at wall mart. Nigga what.

for me its the mcchicken

>Bring Veeky Forums memes in here.
I bet your tires are folded 1000 times.

Costco has best price on Pilot Super Sports.

>that first aid kit rolling on the street
>Fuck this shit, I'll not be needed anyway

kek

How much weight do have to add on average? I went to 4 different places till I found somebody that did it right.

Depends.

If I'm just wanting cheap shit, I'll get Douglas tires at Walmart.

If I care about the tires, I'll go to a local bridgestone tire shop.

What do I do with an old set of tires? If I put them on CL for like 40 bucks will someone take them? 2 are kinda bald and 2 have some tread left.

A-anyone use tire kingdom? There's not many choices around me and I was wondering if they were good or just pep boys for tires

this

>mfw i did this with a set of pilot sports last year

amazon is so based.

Tirerack is GOAT.
Set of 4 RPF1s wrapped in some Hankook VentusV2s, with free mounting and balancing. Shipped right to my door in about 3 days. I love it.
Pic related(iPhone pic so probably flipped)

Local shop run by a 93 year old guy who's been selling my dad his tires for 40 years. I feel like Hank hill going in, he's my tire guy.

If I needed new off-road tires for my Jeep, I'd still do it through him just to make sure I don't fuck up.

depends entirely on the wheel & tire combo
my pilot super sports + Ray gram lights take 0.00 to 0.50 ounces per side

my friends XXR's that I mounted took 6.25 ounces on the outboard, and 1.25 ounces on the inboard for one of them. I re did the setup twice because I was in complete disbelief that they were that bad, but I turned off round off & remounted them to the balancer & got the same numbers

Well sure, if you work at a shop where no one comes by and you always have an open tire machine, in addition to rushing everything as fast as you can I'm sure you can do 4 tires in ten minutes.

>Uses dogfucker as an insult

Tire """""tech""""""

Gtfo faggot.

No one outside of nascar does that. Also, if you're some lowly wageslave getting paid by the hour you're just fucking yourself rushing like that.

Walmart.com, they have lower prices than most places. I can get a BFGoodrich Gforce sport comp 2 for my car for $88 with free shipping.

I purchase Mine from Carrol Tire here in Richmond. Get a shop to mount them on the wheels.

how much did it cost?

kekekekek

I'm a chef at Wendy's and I make $100,000

Tires are just my side business.

Everything with shipping, around 1000.

>Mount and balance of 4 tires is 10 minutes tops.
Hmm, not at my Sam's Club. It takes so long I just do my shopping inside and then get the car after they parked it. My Sam's does things fast, but they don't rush my car.

today.com/money/best-cheap-tire-services-wal-mart-sams-costco-or-sears-1D79823875

I have a chinese guy who always sounds angry buy my tires for me. He also has some younger chinese kids install my tires for me because I enjoy sitting in the waiting room with the complimentary drinks and I'm not poor.

At Les Schwab, they have all the popcorn I can eat and all the free coffee I can swill. While it is more expensive than the bean counter Sam's Club or Costco, their shops might be helping the community too. Of course it varies based upon the manager of the area. My local Les Schwab shop hires one of those non-profit organizations to be the runner for tires from a centralized warehouse. That organization hires only elderly retirees that need a job and extra income to make ends meet. So it is deliberately less efficient than Sam's Club. Is that good or bad for the local community?

I buy them used at €15 each.

did anyone else notice the twingo background ?

Dude do not eat the popcorn at LS. If you sat there for more than hour you'd know what's up. People coughing into their hands then picking out popcorn by hand, people dropping it on the floor and throwing it back in, and I'm in an upscale area, not even hickville or something.

Do not touch anything there, trust me.

my local pays me to mount tires and gives me a blowjob. fite me irl nigger

>redding.craigslist.org/zip/6019444851.html
>medford.craigslist.org/zip/5981473301.html
I'm this guy →

The staff puts the popcorn into the popcorn bags. But I understand your warning. It's why I don't even like going to fairly new upscale movie theatres because the teenagers will put their shoes onto the chairs after walking on the soda pop and spilled food/candy floor. I got tired of spreading a towel in my driver's seat to avoid cross contamination from my pants and shirt. There are always low-quality people everwhere no matter how much money they have.

Tirerack.com has tires, but the price really goes up when they need mounting (fee), stems (fee), TPMS reset (fee), balancing (fee), balance weights (fee). Then multiply 4X for the four wheels. Since I didn't buy the tires at the shop, there is a used tire disposal fee too. If tires are bought there, they don't charge a disposal fee for each tire being replaced.

>Spending more than 2 minutes a tire and you're a dog fucker.
I've seen them work, and 10 minutes to mount and balance is too fast. 5 minutes per tire would be just on the outside of impossible speed. The old tire has to be removed from the rim and then the rim is quickly checked for problems. The new tire is looked at. The balance machine takes a certain amount of time as well as the rechecking of balance after weights are put on.

Amazon, watch for warehouse clearing and have prime for free two day shipping to your door.

I then have a buddy do the install, balancing and alignment for a meal.

Impossible. They have to remove the old tires from the rims without damaging the aluminum finish. Slapping things around in a rush is bad.

>people dropping it on the floor and throwing it back in
I remember a girl working at Orange Julius that dropped a bun on the floor. She simply picked it up and put it on the prep area. The LS seemed pretty clean to me.

Wendy's tires are pricey, old, and busted.

I work for one of the largest tire and service chains in the US, as a tire technician. Aka wageslave, ask me anything.

Do I need to get OEM branded TPMS sensors, or will generic ones work for my chevrolet? I have no idea and the dealer is no help (naturally) about whether or not TPMS are standardized instead of being manufacturer specific.

i work at discount tire
kill me

Do any of you guys use pirelli p4 all seasons? How are they? Are they worth the pirelli name tax?

fuckin kek

For me it is Sam's Club, the best tire distribution center.

>tfw just got tires from discount tire
>tfw I paid like $60 extra on two tires for shit I don't need
"((((((((discount)))))))) tires" is expensive desu

>Do you get them online, or go to a local shop?
The local Sam's Club is lower-priced than Costco for Continental ProContact A/S. I'm using them now, and will probably get them again if I can't decide to get Conti ExtremeContact DWS A/S for the next time.

>when they can go to the Mexican shop and have it patched for 7 dollars
Some of the local tire shops give free patches as goodwill marketing in hopes of getting your future business. Les Schwab has always done that. My local Sam's Club does that for all members although their warranty only implies it is just for tires bought at Sam's. So that must be the local manager's policy. Since managers change at Sam's, be sure to check with current policy.

>if only I had the 2 machines for $60

You fucking idiot