Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm (embed) (embed)
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

yanfly.moe/2017/02/04/comic-lets-make-a-database/
soundcloud.com/kami-46088156/spacelab
youtube.com/watch?v=WSIjegyAmdk&feature=youtu.be
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The other thread died with only 288 posts. Come on anons gotta keep it alive

New Yanfly comic btw: yanfly.moe/2017/02/04/comic-lets-make-a-database/

Okay anons, answer me these questions 3

1. How big is your database?
2. How do you make your database?
3. What's the worst part of database work for you?

Page 10 already? No!

I've got 45 character in a game and I gave them unique classes and skills. I still have to make the enemies, troops, items, and special animations.
1. It's gonna be big.
2. One piece at a time, from top tab to bottom.
3. Animations: how do they work?

>mfw i really do make everything up on the spot

Congratulations, you are a Ralph like me.

I was going to post "a what?" but then i realized i was retarded.

>Ralph is a bit too plugin reliant

Man that drives me crazy. I'm always seeing people saying stuff like "is there a plugin for basic treasure chests".

If you go to a room and all the doors you check say "It's stuck", would you try checking them again, try to use items or just assume that you ended up in a dead end and close the game?

hell yeah

If you post progress, the thread doesn't have to die!

Depends on what I learned from previous gameplay, but otherwise I would just check them again.
Items don't come to my mind unless it tells me I'd need one.

I have 20 out of 75 skills down and finalized.

If you want players to try using items on a door, you should have an item selection window pop up. Don't require the player to open the menu.

ANY DEMOS
?

seeing other people's progress inspires me to work on my game.

1. About 144 skills not counting the enemy skills. Though most of those are identical other than element and status.

2. I made placeholders before hand, besides for the enemies which I'm making up as I go along.

3. Being done with it, database work is fun.

>need to grab a plugin for stealing
Why do they do this?

>database work is fun.
This, much more fun than putting together maps. Although that's probably because my tilesets absolutely blow.

soon user ;-;
right now I'm working on going back and making houses and shit so my towns aren't empty or all just locked doors

What I want the player to do is checking the door 4 times before he manages to open it (note that the message would change slightly every time you check). I was just wondering if someone would close the game before doing that. Or if, for example, somebody would equip an Axe and then try checking again.

>player to do is checking the door 4 times before he manages to open it
that's way too many times, there's really no point in that. it adds nothing to the gameplay and its not a "puzzle", it will just confuse people

I would move on expecting that this door is just decorative.

Speaking from personal experience, I would most likely close the game (if that was a dead end and there was no where else to go). I think you may want to make it clear from the first interaction with the door that it needs to be interacted with multiple times. Something like "The door is locked, but..." and then something that clues the player on interacting with it again. I don't know the circumstance of why it opens after 4 uses so I can't give you a clear example, but make sure the hint isn't vague enough to be misconstrued as something else. (like, don't say "but pushing on it might be enough to force it open" because some people might think that means running back and forth into the door without pressing use)

But if the player just opens it on the second attempt, it doesn't really feel "stuck", IMO.

Also, note the messages go "It is stuck", "It is stuck...", "It moved a little", "Some kind of wood broke! It is open now! ".

It is supposed to teach the player to check objects multiple times.

But you are trapped in the room.

That seems too obvious to me. Wouldn't the ability to save inside the room indicate that it isn't a dead end?

If you're trapped in the room, and the room isn't too big, and there aren't many (if any) other objects in the room, than it might be fine. Is it also the only door in the room?

I still think you should include a hint when first interacting with the door. It might be too obvious, but if this is suppose to teach you that interacting with objects multiple times is necessary, than I don't see that much of a problem. It also just makes sense, if the door is able to be opened after a few uses, then I think it should be apparent with every interaction that it is coming closer to being opened fully. Otherwise is seems like a bit of an ass pull that jingling with a doorknob a few times managed to break open the door.

>It is supposed to teach the player to check objects multiple times.
that's a horrible game mechanic, lazy writing. make actual puzzles to solve, not filler time-wasting shit.

This

LF Humble Bundle 2 link, the one listed doesn't work. Looking for Classic School Tiles to be more specific.

Anyone can post some "evolved" skills? I want to see how to balance the damage between an early game one and a mid game one.

it really depends on your numbers, my dude.

Hell yeah

I should've set a limit for myself making this game.
I'm already making the 11th dungeon and I have 3 more planned.

godDAMN mv's tilesets are so incredibly bad
i'm just gonna parallax the shit out of everything using FSM's resources from 2k3

>there was an RPG Maker DS

I am having a big issue with the current SV setup, somehow the enemy being on the left side of the screen just doesn't feel right.

Any ways to make my battles look like this or should I just settle with the current setup?

ya and it was poo but the resources are pretty ok

>enemy being on the left side of the screen
Haven't you ever played Final Fantasy?

Can any musicfags give me some feedback on this? It's the first thing I've done that didn't make me throw up after reahearing it a day later.
soundcloud.com/kami-46088156/spacelab

>Any ways to make my battles look like this
Learn to JavaScript. It isn't that hard.

7,8,X and 12, uninstalled 13 after the first 30 minutes.

in yanflys battle core plugin you can set the x and y values of your battlers, and you can easily move the enemies to the right bu just moving the sprites on the troop page

Huh. Well, 7's got your battlers on the right, and so do 1 through 6. Also other SQEX games like Bravely Default and Bahamut Lagoon.

Any tips on designing characters?

Slight redesign. Is this alright? It's also meant to be somewhat... boring if that makes sense.

I'd say you should switch the double doors and the benches around

Those were going to be tables, kek. I still need to rework them. It's supposed to be tables that have complimentary snacks that apartment lobbies sometimes have. Like free coffee or muffins or something.

Maybe add a painting or two

Thanks user.
Yeaaah but it just doesn't feel right to me, maybe it's because how I imagine the battles to look but this is simply bothering me.

yeah I grew up on paper mario so the FF looks weird

Noted. I'll create a few.

I use the MV character creator to mock something up, and then I redraw it myself with modifications.

Post progress!

One of three towns in my game.
Fuck RTP, but I'm too lazy to find another tileset.

Just modify the RTP. It's really not that hard and can make your game look at least a little unique.

Just changing the color or adding a few pixels can make your game look different.

You're missing some shadow on the right most point of that pier.

I didn't notice that. Thanks.

Using this method I was only able to move the MC sprite, but the casting, shadow and enemy attack still connect at the default position.
This is the furthest I could push the enemy to the right because of my 16:9 aspect ratio.
I knew it was to simple to be true.

Also they keep moving in the wrong direction while attacking, but I was hoping to eliminate that completely.

I guess I'll just have to live with what I have, It's not that big of a problem.
Oh man I LOVE IT! It really captures the feeling of a beach town, I can already smell the fresh air and feel the cold ocean winds.

Looking good bump!
I haven't even started my maps yet.

Looks... really big. Like, a pain in the ass to navigate. It also desperately needs decoration. This is a good start, but it's not finished.

Looks nice

I'm down to just 17 more skills to go!

How do you get away with ripping off monster designs, scenes and music?

Call it a homage and avoid directly stealing assets.

those look pretty good desu senpai

But what if my whole main enemy is based of an already existing enemy from another game?

aka ugly humans who transform into demons

you did something wrong, the shadows and animations shouldnt be on the other side of the screen still
also, to make them move the correct way when attacking make their step distance negative so the move the correct direction
you can manually set the x and y of your enemies by editing the database files

>ugly humans who transform into demons
Just do it, the concept is hardly original

Well, I presume you'd have to add your own little spin to it. Like changing the type of personality.

Meh. Just apply some changes.

Here you have Zudd, the three-horned demon goat

btw, to manually set the x and y coordinates, open up data/Troops.json and edit this file

Who cares. Literally all of my content is stolen. If I wanted to profit off of it, I'd just alter minor details and if anyone says shit tell them it's inspired.

I fixed the link bump

I like it, reminds me of earthbound

I finished all 2 skills for each character!
Now I guess I'll write up the antagonists and areas.

it's not an ''rpg'' but if its made on rpg maker it still counts right?

youtube.com/watch?v=WSIjegyAmdk&feature=youtu.be

Sure

Damn, that looks nice.

What do you guys see in that content that I am missing?
Are my standards too high?

I mean it's impressive for being made in RPG maker.

at that point just use game maker

rpg maker is more comfy

So my MC battler sprite sheet is 4200x3000-something, is this going to be an issue and cause lag?
I plan the monsters have the same sized sprites (512x512)x15 images on a single .png

No idea, only one way to find out user

What the fuck is this shit, how am I supposed to find solutions to my problems when all forums threads have been deleted?

you can ask here

I've been using the google cache for the last couple days, but is right too.

Not him, but how can I edit positions of enemy actors in VE's actors battlers if I do something with knockback? (VX Ace)

I don't want to be a nuisance but I guess I have no choice.

So I've installed Kadokawas SVActorPosition plugin and it's apparently not working, no matter how I chance Actor 1 (my only battler) parameters nothing happens when I test the battle.

I have the 1.3 version of MV.

They weren't deleted, it's just that some dumbass thought it was a good idea to change how the urls were formatted. You can find the thread by changing the url to the current format.

That, that seems to work to see the threads, however I still cannot find out why isn't working
I have YEP core and battle core installed with like 3 other plugins.

Threadly request.

Does anyone know the Script Call command for Set Move Route in MV? Particularly, I'm after the Repeat = 'true' part of it.

I know how to do all the individual stuff inside the move route, like setting transparancy, change image, set opacity, and even the Route commands themselves, but doing so skips the Wait, Skip, and Repeat parts of the Set Move Route option.

And because this type of question is almost always met with "Well why bother with a Script Call at all? :^)", the reason is because I want to reference the events by variable instead of repeating the same code xx times for every possible enemy.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0

>tfw the call for set move route isnt there.

I'm going to make a modern city that involves two mafia-style factions fighting each other.
How should I go about making a map like this?
Also I noticed there is a frame-rate lag on huge maps, so should I just split them up?

Use an "overworld map" esque city with points of interest. You can walk around the city at large and areas you can enter pop up. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

How the fuck am I supposed to make my enemies look cool if I only have 3 frame of animation available?

Why is MV so lame?

I'm also working on making a large scale city map. I highly suggest splitting them to within 50-150 units width and height.

The only limitation is your ability to code. Others have done multi-frame battlers. I think there may even be a plugin for it somewhere. I love MV, and I've been using the maker for like 16 years.

Mobsters usually have a turf in which they control the business, so splitting the map up would be a good idea

I decided to draw it out first, will post mapshots when I get to actual map making.

safety bump