>Driving
>Coming to a stop
>Car stalls

Car used to stall but it was a clogged throttle plate. Cleared that out but wtf

>Drive back home
>Stall once more and then just rev at stops to keep the rpm above 2k
>Smell gas
>Check underneath and its dripping gas like hell

It's one of the hoses. How fucked am I? How much should I expect to have to pay to get it fixed? How difficult is it to fix yourself?

If you did the work yourself, not much. Probably a gasket or a line needs replacing.

Almost anyone can be a YouTube mechanic, or even learn from a forum.

The stupidity I'd expect from a shitposter, sage'd

Use lighter close to the lines to find out which one is leaking

Thanks for the actual answer I guess the 16 year old edgybabies just got their new shitbox this semester

dont let it get to you. ive seen some diy stuff if youre really pressed for cash but if say just take it in.

>le edgy 16 yo shitbox owner maymay

sure thing m8

also stop fucking breaking fuel lines when you are working on your car

>breaking fuel lines when you are working on your car
>"cleaned out throttle plate"

wtf makes you think op even had anything to do with the hoses leaking if they had to check underneath??

what material did it leak from

is your fuel line attached correctly? if its not or has a crack in it, new fuel line is $1/ft

A smaller buddy of mine went under because I can't fit without it being jacked up. He said it was one of the rubber hose lines but he isn't sure. I'll jack it up tomorrow and see for myself.

I was thinking I could just buy some high pressure hose and clamps and cut the damaged bit and just put the new hose over and clamp it tight.

Strangely enough, I just went outside to check the leak and it wasn't leaking anymore. I think the car only leaks when it's hot and the hoses expand.

>Strangely enough, I just went outside to check the leak and it wasn't leaking anymore. I think the car only leaks when it's hot and the hoses expand.

If the hoses run to the throttle body and they only leak when hot then it's a leaking coolant hose. The throttle body gets warm coolant to keep the throttle blade from icing over when it's cold outside. You probably just disturbed a hose that had aged. Not a big deal, but don't drive without replacing it.

It reeks of gasoline, though.

I should also mention that this problem started since late last night yesterday when i pumped some gas. This car has always acted weird at pumps. But if it is a coolant hose, could i also just cut out the damaged portion and place a new pressure hose with some clamps as a fix?

The fuel smell might be another issue altogether. Does this car have throttle body fuel injection?

its entirely possible the hole is small enough to only leak under pressure, like you said. Given how cheap the hose is, you're only asking for unnecessary trouble by not replacing the whole segment.

>It's one of the hoses.

It's not rocket science my dude. Check to see if the hose is faulty or if it just popped off.

I believe so.

So what should I be careful of in case I do just cut the damaged section and place a new hose over the edges and clamp it down?

>So what should I be careful of in case I do just cut the damaged section and place a new hose over the edges and clamp it down?

Do you mean stuffing one end of a hose into another hose and then clamping it together? If so then absolutely do not do that. That's just asking for failure.

Don't buy a used BMW if you can't diagnose a simple vacuum leak

Damn. That's all I could find people doing to fix this other than replacing the whole thing.

It's not a BMW.