/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Hardin is not allowed in /pg/ threads anymore
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS (why the fuck are these still here)
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

>Anne x Phantom
>Futaba x Joker
>Haru x Pego
>Makoto x Anal
>Ryuji x Cardio
>Yusuke x Art
>Morgana x Everyone
>Goro x Daddy Issues
>Shiho x Kamoshida
>Sojiro x Wakaba
>Sae x The user that has his name on her ovaries

Daily reminder that Morgana is a slut!

Daily reminder that these are the optimal pairings in P5

Anal with Makoto!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

Fuuka daki

Fuck you OP I had a new bread in the oven and it was way better than yours
Now I have to wait 750 more posts to share my memes with /pg/

Still missed some autism in the OP, but at least avoided more added meme shit.

There are actually a lot of rumors about DMC5 floating around though. There will probably be an announcement within the next year or so.

Also
>Platinum will only be making Taro games from now on
How is this a bad thing?

Having allergies with a traitor!

Ryuji is for Ann!

Ann is for Ryuji!

>How is this a bad thing?
Because Taro's a hack who can't direct a well designed game to save himself and Platinum deserves better?

>Picture of Yuki
Delete this, replace it with a picture of Lavenza

>>SCANS (why the fuck are these still here)
>archive.is/U8Ka0
>archive.is/FaYLc
you forgot to remove these op

I want to break a vow with an autistic fox!

>just last thread someone was saying there are no shitty sadayofags here
>there's some faggot spamming pics this thread
hmm

I know, I just wanted to outspeed the meme fag from the past OPs.

Why do they always repost the same art

But you kept all the memes anyway you dumbass

She doesn't have that much from what I've seen

the picture of yuki can stay, it adds character

Because Sadayo gets none

you can't leave us all hanging, you have to finish your thought

I'll finish you Goro

This is my wife (and teacher)

Who gets the most fanart? I'm genuinely curious, I don't use twitter or even check pixiv much nowadays so I've no idea.

I hope you and your wife (and teacher) get cancer and die.

>he actually believes this
For starters, the new NieR demo alone has better gameplay than anything Platinum has released since Bayonetta 2, but more importantly, I could go on for quite some time about how there is nothing inherently wrong with how Drakengard or the original Nier play if you're that interested in off-topic discussion.
>He never played Demons' Score

>gameplay fag
>in a persona thread

Ryuji is a gorilla!

Goro/Yusuke/Neko and Futaba I think.

At least I avoided new ones added.

Goro and Makoto

Reminder that Persona Q confirms that Fuuka is canon in love with MC

>Saefags at it again so soon
Was one anal devastation somehow not enough

joker, goro, neko

nobody has said anything about sae

Haru needs more art

No one has to, Saefags being the loud and unruly ones is practically assumed at this point

Platinum haven't released a game since Bayo2 that wasn't Activision shit. NieR's demo is mediocre next to all of Platinum's other games, and their usual charm is squandered by Taro too.

>gameplay fag
>in a persona thread
Putting aside that you throwing this cheap quip in here undermines any points you were trying to make about Taro being good at game design, it's also just a plain fucking dumb comment. Liking Persona for its characters and story doesn't mean I'm not going to have standards for other games and will eat anything with garbage gameplay up. NieR has nothing else going for it besides music and gameplay, and with Taro at the helm - that's gonna fucking suck.

You sound insecure

I'm gonna buy it for 2B's ass.

Surely you see the irony of this right?

>responding to awful bait

There is nothing loud or unruly about either of those posts

alright so who is falseflagging as who right now
I can't keep track of this shit anymore

That looks pretty good desu

God damn it user. You burned my bread.
What did I tell you about doing that?

You might as well just go for it. /pg/ won't be having any more sophisticated a talk for any extended amount of time, and based on past threads it seems like it's just this one user that is really mad enough to get involved.

i wish more actually good artists would draw art for them that isn't totally ooc

Why does she have costumes again? Her costume doesn't change in cutscenes nor in battle(The short cutscene where she gives you buffs). Now that I'm thinking about it, why does she even have an AoA picture again?

that's fanart

I'm pretty sure that this is fanart

>Why does she have costumes again?
Because people would complain if she didn't. They may only be visible in Safe Rooms and at the Dungoeon entrance, but if in those places she just kept her regular outfit, people would get more annoyed.
That AoA image is fan made though buddy.

Costumes so she looks cute in safe rooms I guess. I'm disappointed you don't see her UFO hovering about more in combat.

Please God, let me meet him. All I want to is to find that perfect boy I know exists. He’s sweet and shy and my age and likes all the things I do, perhaps even is on this site itself. The boy who won’t secretly think I’m a loser, the boy I can cuddle with (even if only possible online) and spent nights talking to and laughing and sharing happiness. Someone who can reciprocate the love I put in, the boy who I can make feel safe and secure unconditionally and can fill this gaping, empty void in my heart. Please, just let me find this person. I’ll change everything about me if that’s what it takes. Please, I just can’t take the loneliness anymore.

>P5 text boxes are only designed to accommodate 2 lines
>Atlus USA ignores 30% of the text box and has a giant font that uses far more space than necessary and takes up 3 lines despite not making the text box any larger to fit the extra line
Literally how are they still allowed to localize

Post your doujin ideas

if generals like /pg/ are still allowed to exist, Atlus USA is still allowed to localize.

this triggers my autism

no one posts in /pg/ anymore and it dies

Goro stop posting

Anne get's raped by an Incubus

how about something less realistic

I seriously don't know what the fuck they're doing. The Japanese version makes it blatantly obvious they can use far more of the text box than they are, and their stream made it clear they're not limited to keeping the text boxes the size they were in the Japanese version, so I have no clue why they're making lines that could fit on 2 lines and looks far less awkward take up 3, especially when they're not making the text box any larger to fit them. It feels like they're just being stubborn on the whole font thing though, everyone has brought up how awful it looks, even Hardin mentioned he was aware of it, but they haven't changed it at all. Given how top notch the graphic design and such in P5 is, it's fucking sad to see a company like Atlus USA handle it with such lack of care.

He's such a cute little brother.

>they haven't changed it at all
Do we know that for sure?

I know it's fanmade, but there is an official AoA portrait in the game

Looks like this? Just the eyes.

That's different to the crunchers. Those portraits aren't only used for AoA's. It also shows up in the stats screen, and since Futaba has a Persona with its own stats, it makes sense that she has an image.
For what it's worth, she actually only has that sort of portrait in the game files for the Status screen. There is no portrait in the AoA files for her, even though they use the same image.

It has fluid controls, a consistent amount of danger, and smoothly implemented bullet hell mechanics. Arguably much better than the original NieR as well. Not having a million different combos that serve no purpose other than to get a higher score keeps it from being objectively inferior to DMC while there is still enough mechanical difference between the weapons to keep it from being a button masher like MGR or Okami.

In the original Drakengard, everything was sacrificed for evoking negative emotions. That's why everything is rated based on the number of enemies killed while every enemy is tremendously annoying in some way or another. Cavalry are annoying to chase. Crossbowmen make it impossible to kill shit with the dragon. Red dudes make magic null. Shield dudes knock you down constantly. And so on. It follows that all the secret weapons necessary to get Ending E require going through an absurd amount of these tedious enemies and obnoxious design choices only for the actual ending to be even more agonizing (but still a genuinely decently design rhythm game given the context of a dissonant soundtrack) only for the complete and utter lack of payoff as a form of karmic punishment for how pointless and masochistic it would be to actually deal with all of that nonsense to get the ending. The endings get procedurally worse because the amount of jackals to kill becomes procedurally larger.

Despite it's problems I found it to be oddly cathartic how Caim's attacks slowly passed through enemies with no crunch like butter and the repetitiveness of the tedium equally desensitizing, allowing me to get more invested in Caim's insanity. I still found the music and gameplay to be consistently nauseating throughout the first couple of chapters, which was complemented by the morbid color palette established during the first chapter.

>NieR has nothing else going for it besides music and gameplay
It's like you've never played a Tarou game before.

Fuck.

Why is her smile so cheeky

>every enemy is tremendously annoying in some way or another. Cavalry are annoying to chase. Crossbowmen make it impossible to kill shit with the dragon. Red dudes make magic null. Shield dudes knock you down constantly. And so on.
If you like that, then sure. This isn't a movie, I'm playing it for fun, and that isn't fun. Sure, the director may have been trying to make me feel frustrated, but how does that benefit me? I'm just going to feel frustrated and not enjoy the game, which is poor design, regardless of whether it has a reason.
Sorry, but I like my games to be fun. It's fine for you to enjoy otherwise, but it's just not for me. I'd rather Platinum do what they do best, which is make a fun action game, not humor a game designer more focused on pissing players off than making a fun game.

Why is everyone so cruel to each other

Because she is cheeky? Morgana too. And Joker as well as he's the same as Morgana.

So is this fanmade?

cute apricot

Why are so many characters in P5 cheeky?

That cutin is used whenever she saves the party from a blow that would've killed someone. She has a different one for each of her Personas that triggers at other times.

they are a team of roguish anti heroes

No, that's in the game. That appears occasionally when Futaba helps out, like if you start a battle and Futaba uses her "Position Hack" ability, which immediately gets all enemies into a knocked down state and held up.
Apologies for the lack of a better quality picture.

This is the point where we address the problem of surface-level players, but that's secondary.

The important part is that you assume something is shit just because it doesn't suit your tastes when those two things have no correlation under any circumstances. If that were the case, none of James Joyce's books would exist, Laurence Sterne and Joseph Heller would eternally be branded hack frauds, and Redline would be considered the greatest movie of all time.

Again, NieR's gameplay is perfectly fine this time around for reasons previously described. Platinum mainly picked it up because they wanted a shot at making an RPG for the first time anyways. Chances are, they'll expand and continue producing numerous types of games, so if you want to complain about something, make it Scalebound's cancellation.

Why are you trying to compare video games with shitty gameplay to literature dude

>If that were the case, none of James Joyce's books would exist, Laurence Sterne and Joseph Heller would eternally be branded hack frauds, and Redline would be considered the greatest movie of all time.
Wew

bro what if like light and dark and opposites and shit bro

Well, not really.

Although according to the PQ manga, MC is most compatible with Fuuka

Because those books read like shit. It's a suitable and recognizable parallel.

No, according to the PQ manga he's the most compatible with Rei

You're really giving Taro far more credit than he deserves to be frank user.

I meant out of the SEES girls, but you're right

It's almost as if games and literature are different mediums that people expect different things from

I don't like any of you.

same 2bh

Well that's a goddamn shame, because I like you.