Are Hyundai cars actually as awful as they say? Why?

Are Hyundai cars actually as awful as they say? Why?

I remember watching a review of that car on Top Gear and they said it "looks a bit like a Ferrari" keep in mind that they were testing a red one...

God damn the Tiburon is good looking, but what a piece of shit.

the older ones were basically disposable cars, then they finally decided to try and basically copy the Japanese. i will give it to them that they came a long way in the last 10 years, but theres no way id fork out the money for a Genesis sedan when i could get a Lexus that has years of Toyota renownment for the same price

the old Elantra were easy to work on at least, i was a mechanic for years and some people bought early 2000s Elantra or whatever for a couple hundred needing a trans or whatever and we would fix em up. dropping the drivetrain is cake

The new Genesis cars actually look good though, new Lexus' look like awful technoshit

>The new Genesis cars actually look good though, new Lexus' look like awful technoshit

Should we tell him fellas?

They are trash. Cars you get when you don't care about cars or yourself

I have a 2006 Sonata with a 3.3L V6

The exterior is rusting just a tad on the rear right fender

The car's suspension and seats squeak alot during cornering in cold weather, silent during warm weather

Sun visors are held up with Velcro because clips broke, this was something fixed in later years

Interior isn't the greatest out together thing, but no fading or rattling

Mechanically it's fine, literally as good as a Camry of the same year

But I've heard the same year Elantra was a total turd

But that they made that massive of an improvement says something. More than some other automakers retreading stuff for 10years.

Tell me what?

The better Hyundais are inferior to Japanese equivalents all around (note: Japan's been getting lazy), the worse ones are just awful in general.

>Are Hyundai cars actually as awful as they say?
Yes they really are that awful
>Why?
they have no own know-how

>cartridge filter that you have to remove the engine cover and 6 bolts to get to
gross

hes almost correct

i'd agree if the fuckin koreans werent copy pasting euro designs

i love my Coupe, but the 2 cars i had before it were really awful hatchbacks.

i'd fucking kill for a Genesis in this country (uk) since they ended the Coupe :(

I used to hang out with three guys who all drove 03-06 Tiburons. I think they all bitched about electrical problems. That seemed to be the biggest issue.

>Tell me what?

I think we should tell him guys

MUH MANUAL
MUH RWD
MUH 0-60

I don't like Mondays
>tell me why
I don't like Mondays
>tell me why
I don't like Mondays, I wanna shoo-ooooot
the
whole
day
down

You know it's FWD... Right?

Once they did the 10y power train warranty, they cleaned up their act.

I've got a 2001 Grandeur XG300. It's a dream to drive and for its time the interior and features are great especially for what I paid for it. I've been servicing it my self and have had no issues with it since I've fixed the initial problem with the engine speed sensor when I bought it.

Obviously each person is going to have a different experience, but I owned a 2004 Tiburon tell 2013 and I had hardly any issues with it. I replaced the water pump, engine mounts, and that was it. Very solid and reliable car. I must have gotten lucky because I heard the Tiburon had all sorts of issues.

They are improving but still arent great. Id say competitive with modern nissan ecovox reliability which is like cheap old focus tier shitbox reliability.