/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Could not withstand the daily reminders:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Sure, post fashion

Tip: Take your pictures at the first bonfire in Archdragon Peak, the lighting is perfect

>literally a dark souls 2 boss with a shitty slow mob as a backup
O&S are piss easy, kys.

Fucking Christ, why do I need to waste so many goddamned points into Vitality just to be able to hold a few more items? Each point is giving literally 1 point to equip load, this fucking sucks.

FC continuing at Distant Manor Ledge .

passivefagging and hornet rings are for retards, bring them if you want, but you're still a nigger.

I did at Anor Londo just for the mood.

Why yours so dark though?

Does int/fai cause weapon buffs to do more damage? Or if I'm doing a buff build should I just get enough to use the buffs I want?

If you've been to the Catacombs, Fire is a pretty good bet. If not, that Occult Club you picked up in the basement is pretty good.

Assuming that you're summoning Solaire as a distraction, you can get a few good cheap hits in with your Pyromancy flame when Ornstein is distracted at the beginning of the fight, with luck you can empty out all your casts on him and then be ready to bash him in.

And as pointed out, Ornstein's increased size makes him much slower, and he has trouble hitting things that are to his sides or back, so closing the distance and being ready to dodge out of the butt slam is pretty good. If you need cover, he also gains Smough's weakness of being unable to path around the pillars, so you can use them to heal if you need to.

First for T H I C C

go away drake

>want to make a Dark Souls 2 themed character
>full Faraam with Dark Greatsword
>neck seam on its own set

Are there any areas in DS2 that force me to use a specific type of weapon, like Catacombs?
Or any areas that force me to kill myself irl, like Tomb of Giants?

Yes it does

>buff build
Eh?

fuck off retard

>passivefagging

Playing passive is Dark Souls. You can't have one without the other.

fc NOW

Going, just give me one second I have to respecc a bit more vit

DID SOMEONE SAY RINGED CITY?

>tried it once and died to a oneshot mechanic

>lolol kys

Off you go that way friendo
>>>/reddit/

Nah

Be sure to always have a torch equipped and lit in undead crypt.
That way the grues wont eat you.

To me there's a difference, do you just play passive or do you always wait for the opponent to attack before you do and not even once throw the first attack

Infusions are available much earlier in SotFS, but no, to my recollection you don't need anything specific for most areas. Just be wary that certain enemies will have different elemental resistances, and the DLCs will fuck up caster and spellsword builds because most of the enemies have absurdly high resistances to everything but physical.

As for areas, Iron Keep and Shrine of Amana are probably what you're looking for. A few optional areas in the DLCs as well.

Not the best wording I guess, I meant throwing enough int/fai into my build so I can use weapon buffs.

Not a buff build per se.

Okay guys so I beat DS1 without ever invading anyone. I'm playing DS3 now and I'm kinda bored so I want to use one of these red eye orbs and roll up on a nigger and see what I can do. What do I need to know about how this works?

So do they ever explain what the cursed rotted greatwood was or why it looks humanoid? Is the arm part of the tree? Is it something inside the tree?

i just wish i could wear smough's legs for fashionsouls without fatrolling

How do people manage to only have like 20 Vitality if they use heavy weapons? Are they not bothering with a shield or is there a ring or something that lets you carry shit?

If you just plan on using the fire buff, dont bother, use a resin instead

Resins are like 90 damage and to get even 150 out of a buff takes significant investment

>tfw vordt's greathammer, and by extension, most frost weapons are shit for duels they're great for invasions due to healing compounding status buildup

shields and heavy weapons are redundant. Most heavy weapons have smallshield or higher block capabilities

>das1
i think so but fuck if i know
>das2
no, but the buffs add a % of the weapon's damage and elemental infusions scale with int/fai so it's sort of the same
>das3
yes they do, also staff enchantment matters

Something about placing a bunch of curses inside a tree because why the fuck not

Now it's sentient because it's full of curses because why the fuck not

it's literally just a tree that the undead settlement residents "emptied their curse into" or something like that

Fap and havels rings with no shield is essential for ultras unless you're naked

hornet riposte

You can block with weapons? As I've tried with the claymore and it hasn't worked out well.

duels or invasion?

I'm pretty sure Vordts r1 r1 into Snap Freeze will instantly freeze people.

Okay, final question is does stuff like Sacred Oath/Carthus Beacon/Power Within scale with inft/fai or is the buff static?

not really except in the DLCs
you need something with good range to kill the heghegs in Loyce
and you need something that can actually hit picrelated on the weak spot at the bottom instead of bouncing off its invincible-everywhere-else spots. whips or curved GS work well
or just walk away from them because theyre slow as shit and not very dangerous

most big 2 hand weapons have pretty good resistances to block with

blocking with something is always better than blocking with nothing

Sure can user-kun.

Claymore isn't really a heavy weapon. Fume Ultra Greatsword has medium shield blocking stats at 80% physical, ~50% magical and 55 stability, although it does weigh nearly as much as a full set of armor by itself.

It's a PS4 screenshot, it fucks with the brightness

snap freeze alone is enough to freeze most shitters, especially on low levels

Sacred oath does not
The other 2 aren't worth using

dsg pc fc

Shrine of Ameme will be terrible if you don't bring a bow.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pvp basics:
unlike in pve you can usually only stunlock people for 2 hits
dont bother mashing r1 3+ times because if the victim isn't a tard he'll always roll out before the 3rd hit
the host will probably try to run away and estus if you get him low so be prepared to nail him with a running attack

Thanks guys.

Are twinblades viable for chopping up everything in pve in DaS2 or will I just be chipping away at health?

>go to the arena
>win 9/10
>go to /dsg/ fightclub
>can't even touch people

the true dark souls starts here

don't listen to this shitlord just do amana with no ranged weapons if you're not a casual

Right on, and he'll probably already have a cooperator in there with him, right? I think someone said that last night in here. I just spent all the souls I was holding on a level so I really don't have anything to lose here, I just want to know vaguely what to expect so I don't look like a scrub.

Nothing in particular. Just know you'll lose your souls if you die in their world.

I have just enough autism to have come up with a theory. So we know that being hollow is called a curse, and that the boss is described as "Curse-Rotted", so I feel as though there is a connection between them. The other thing we can find is that in the Undead Settlement there are skeletons that have root structures growing in them, along with people that have straight up turned into trees. In addition we can see hollows in Lothric are also metamorphosing into trees. So I think that as the Undead Curse progresses you go from person to hollow to tree and grow from there. So the Greatwood was likely at one point a person tree like we see around, but hollows came to "dump curses" i.e their dark sigils into the tree in order to prevent them from losing their minds and corrupting the Greatwood from a tree shaped like a person to a sentient and malevolent being. The Transposing kiln is what the settlers used to dump curses in it, and the weapons made from it are fuck you they had them on file.

beacon is ok with twin weapons or caestus because they can get "4-hit" combos just from 2 l1s

Yeah i wasnt having a hard time or anything, the buttslam caught me by surprise as you can imagine, it wont get me again, I just thought I should probably do something about the fact I was hitting him for less than 100 per with the zwei before I go attempt it again.

What if the new DLC has a new ending where you bring the dark pigment to the painter girl, and you escape the cycle by going and living in the new painted world?

M U H

yeah if you use redeye orb you will almost always be against summoned phantoms

if you want easier pvp you can try something like watchdogs of farron or aldrich faithful depending on where you arre in the game

This will most likely happen. DLC is endgame anyway.
Maybe even two endings, another being accepting dark soul into yourself and becoming a new pygmy.

What's Watchdogs of Farron about? I'm in the Farron Swamp right now but only have it about halfway explored. I like this area, reminds me of farming large titties from the leeches in Blighttown.

It would kind of feel like a cop out to just go "World's Fucked" and go chill with Gael and the painter.

Prepare your anus for a 3v1.

If you think Gael is gonna make it out of this DLC alive, you are sadly mistaken

god, greatmaces are so fucking good once you learn how to use them well.

So many random parts of the standard greatmace moveset truecombo with each other, like 1HR1 in 1HJA, which can combo immediately into a 1HrR1 due to the rolling attack bug

World is already fucked. You can at least chill in a comfy snowy world with Gael, Painter and maybe some people from Firelink and let the world rot and reset meanwhile.

Were you embered when you went through Crucifixion woods?

Watchdogs are an auto-invading covenant that gangbangs people in there. You just walk around with the cov equipped and will periodically be summoned to kill players who are in that area.

holy fuck fog I just did 900 damage in two hits lmao

>the rolling attack bug
hm?

also do you mean true combo, as in if you hit 1hr1 you are guaranteed to land jumping + rolling attack afterwards before the host gets out of hitstun

>you can actually save him
>but it's as hard as keeping that NPC in Ludwig's boss room alive

Hold the fuck up, you LIKE the swamp in DS3, the game with no ring to make waddling in mud faster?

That place is cancer, and there is no way to mitigate it.

I remember these guys, i would position myself to their left and swing my BKUGS, the end of the swing where it smashes into the floor would one hit them.

I can't remember if I was embered in there or not but I sometimes forget to log into the network before I play so one way or the other I never got jumped in those woods. That sounds fun as fuck though tbqhwy.

use quickstep weapons retard

I never had the ring in DS1 either until much later. I had no idea you could return to the Undead Asylum until some point after Anal Rodeo and the Lordvessel.

Yo if we have to keep him alive in a bossfight then he's gonna need a rework because the fucker has a bad habit of trying tank everything.

most of the swamp is just ankle deep tbqh, there are only a few wading spots

>blow all your FP on quickstepping.

It's still fucking cancer.

A headshot sound played when you hit me

what did you do?

>not having at least one blue flasks for when you need FP
you only have to blame yourself

Nah, greatmace 1HR1 into 1HJA is a guaranteed truecombo

do an 1HR1 immediately after a 1H jump attack with any weapon in the game to perform a rolling attack

>You can actually save him
>It's during a boss fight
>But if he dies, he dies permanently

>Still manage to keep him alive
>He only laughs like Ludwig's NPC and has no further contribution

>final DLC boss has a special animation of consuming him you can't interrupt

I'm a sorcerer, you fuck, I sure love going back to bonfire over and over again, because I have to fight the Ghrus and use quickstep to get each useful item one at a time.

There is literally no reason not to have rusted iron ring in DS3.

because he has the blindfold on

>He only carries two estus flasks

Any skilled CE wizards here? Is it possible to moveset swap the Hollowslayer GS 2HR1's to a Fume UGS?

Fucking sweet, I killed both of those faggots. Got an ember, a pale tongue (no idea what the latter is for) and about 6000 souls.

>I'm a sorcerer, you fuck
oh, then you should have at least 4-6 blue flasks, so quickstepping a little ain't a problem for you

grats user!

>oh ashen one, glad i survived
>by the way feel free to use anything left in painted world even the painter herself wink wink

>tfw no ugs/ga/gh with quickstep
>tfw no crossbows with a magazine
>tfw no paired (repeating) crossbows
>tfw no strength straight sword

Poison is nowhere near as bad as you're making it seem, also healing is free so if you're ever low just chug. Also as a sorcerer that means that most enemies don't pose any kind of threat to you so just shoot your spells and walk to the items you want and then leave.

>UGS with quickstep
i want this