Miata vs. pic related

For 15K EUR, would you rather buy:
>A stock Opel GT (basically a Saturn Sky Redline)
>A stock NC Miata 2.0L

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Possible alternatives:
>5K RX-8 with 10K gas, oil and rotor seal fund
>5K NA/NB with 10K in rust removal and BOOST
>W30 MR2
>Z3 2.8L

get the opel GT its gonna be so much faster then anything else you could get

you gonna be DDing?

I think a C5 Corvette might be barely doable on a 15K budget, which would be faster. I'm not looking for balls-out speed anyways.

Yup.

Keiichi Tsuchiya favors the Saturn/Pontiac/Opel

Z3, I just don't see the appeal in the rest mentioned except RX8 but that's another story.

>implying I give a shit about some weeb's opinion

>I don't see the appeal in a lightweight RWD convertible funmobile
You're a wierd one.

Also, why the Z3 then? It's not the most balanced (thanks to that long engine), fastest, or most powerful.

Based on looks. Yeah I might get called gay or hairdresser, I get that but it's the nicest looking of them all. It's heavier than the rest but I don't care.

>Judging a driver's car based on looks
Found the badgewhore.

Well you asked what car on the list would Veeky Forums buy, I gave you the answer. But honestly I wouldn't buy neither because I hate cars.

>But honestly I wouldn't buy neither because I hate cars.
That's a double negative, and why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums then?

I have a question to ask but there's no Miata general and I don't know how to make one. I'm also waiting for my stew to be done.

Get the Opel.

>god tier japanese drivers car
>vs.
>general motors rolling shitheap

gee whiz op, what a hard decision.

>yfw the Japanese preferred the Solstice/Sky/GT
youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4

You clearly get the GT. Miata a shit

VX220

If you can find me an unmodified LHD Speedster in Europe for 15K, that'd be a great option.

However, most of them cost around 20K, and for good reason: they're a better car than the GT. However, I'm not too keen on buying an older, British-built car with Lotus-tier maintenance costs for more than a newer GM-built roadster with GM running costs and similar driving enjoyment. Also, I'd love a turbo model, and those are even more expensive.

combined, toyota had much more recalls
>more jap cars have been recalled than american
>"muh god tier japs"

If you check on mobile.de there are currently 3 under 15k (2 Netherlands, 1 Poland).
One of them is even the 2.0T, but it is yellow..
Fucking sweet cars, I've always had a boner for them even if they are probably way past my driving skillz.

The Polish one is far from stock (respray + rice), and both of the Dutch ones aren't Opels, they're RHD Vauxhalls. Hell, I wouldn't even care about the yellow if it was LHD - but it isn't.

is the miata made by toyota you dumb faggot?

no. It was made my Mazda, who were owned by Ford.

>moving goalposts

Looks like you're right, I should have checked them more thoroughly.
Please accept this random manta as an apology.

and are either of those two companies toyota?

>15K EUR
A challenger appears.

I don't think a 15K EUR Cockster is going to fit into an Opel GT or MX-5 maintenance budget.

A non-S 986 can be found for under 10k in good condition, and a decent S usually starts around 15k. Maintenance-wise they're obviously not Civic or MX-5 tier but they're far less expensive than, say, an Audi S4 (which might be a bit of an extreme example now that I think about it).

Also two trunks, it's far more practical than the GT/Sky.

Yet the newest 986 will be older than an NC or GT, which will further compound the maintenance issue.

It's just another option in the price range to consider, they're still good cars and they're in the same category.

Here's another option to consider.

Considered it, but I'm not finding any LHD models here in the Netherlands for less than 20K.

Keep an eye out for them, I've seen them drop below 15k every now and then.

Just get the fucking GT.
99% of people shitting on them have never seen one, let alone driven one. There's a tripfag here who occasionally pops up by the name of Kappa, who bought a black Sky Redline and loves it.

Most of those aren't very original (there's lots of riced ones around), or they're RHD, or they've got pretty high mileage.

I'd much rather have the GT anyways, because turbo. In stock form, the GT packs more hp and torque than the S2K does with a small chiptune on it. On a warrantied chiptune, you can get around 295hp and 400Nm of torque out of that 2.0 Ecotec, which is pretty much the only mod I'd want.

I know. I'm not really looking for the alternatives that Veeky Forums is coming up with anyways.