Jeep WJ grand cherokee

So the /o sticky has this car up as an honorable mention. Looks like I can get one under 5k with around 120k miles on it. I'm looking to get a limited, with quadra drive (for snow).

Besides the usual things, anything specifically I should look for when inspecting these jeeps?

Just dont

He found the hidden hover mode.

There's lots of these and all likes of people drive them and will drive them to the ground. If you're looking to buy one be sure to take it on a long test drive so any problem areas will come up

>water cars cheat activated

Wj is shit

thanks will do. for the record: I am not planning on doing any serious offroading.

Then just get a civic.

Yeah most people that own them don't. It's a grocery getter to a lot of people which is why there's so many pictures of broken ones, they get driven a lot and a lot of people don't take care of them

Except that's not a wj, that's a wk

Interior is cozy if it was treated well, things to look for are electrical issues, listen for bearing noise, and avoid powertech v8 at all costs (get AMC i6). Most wj were beat on but one that was treated well is a good buy IMO.

we have snow where we live so I want to get something with 4wd

Same shit

They almost never catch on fire.
Kek

Jeeps that aren't 2 door wranglers are for soccer moms

>Cuz wranglers are for men!!!
Hahahahahah

All jeeps are for girls

On phone so I'm not going to get into a long explanation but one thing that disappoints people is the Quadradrive system because they don't understand that it requires wheel slip to work. Google up info on Quadradrive and VariLock.

1999-2001's had a bad problem with blend doors breaking off the axle on the Limited's. Supposedly fixed for 2002 but those do it too, just less often. Again Google. Oh and heater cores leak a lot too.

V8 WJ's with tow package had a hydraulic engine cooling fan. Works fantastic until the control solenoid dies and the fan doesn't work. No new solenoids available from FCA. A Lincoln LS solenoid can be made to work but costs $200+ new. BTW this caused the demise of plenty of 4.7's due to running hot and dropping valve seats.

4wd won't help in snow. What good does it do to spin all 4 tires if none of them have traction.

Good to know- might as well buy a civic then

>doesn't drive

Also a wk. I've had a 99 wj in my family for 18 years, which I now own, and never had suspension issues. Granted I've taken great care of the thing, new tie rods and tie rod ends, new shocks, new bearings and axles front and rear. Nothing failed but I did all the work at 200k along with a bunch of other stuff. Is there a link where I can read about this? You got me curious.

Can't argue with this, things are tinderboxes

Inb4 check engine light and oil pressure in pic, both resolved. Oil pressure was bad sensor and check engine was bad fan relay

Also OP don't get quadra-drive look for one with the selec-trac

Any electrical problem ever. That's most post-AMC Jeep designs though.

A civic with snow tires is adequate

Yeah perfectly adequate
>moron

>drives into a snow drift
>blames the car
Git gud faggot

You have brain damage

good to know, thanks guys.

You shouldn't be driving anywhere in 2 feet of snow.

But you can in a 4x4.