Hello Veeky Forums, i need your help

hello Veeky Forums, i need your help

i'm turbocharging an n/a car, meaning it's time for gauges. i already had a wideband installed (it's currently in n/a, but wanted to check whether the current carb was properly jetted and whatnot...)

today i learned that i have to have an oil pressure gauge in case an oil line goes awol. thing is, i don't want my dashboard or the cabin in general to look like starship enterprise, with a boost gauge, an oil pressure gauge and the wideband as well.

is it possible to have a more discreet system, that is, the wideband by itself, and a dual gauge consisting of both boost pressure (hopefully with vacuum) and oil pressure, at the same time? searched for two hours, and all i've found were expensive $300+ systems.

picture unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

theespressoshop.co.uk/en/Astoria-Dual-Pressure-Gauge-60mm/m-3254.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i hate webers

i've only had experience with the weber dgv so far, which is what i currently have. i absolutely love it.

it's a fuckton better than the oem aisan carb i had before with all its vacuum lines and diaphragms. fucker once flooded the engine with gas and wouldn't start.

I put 2 different webers on my 22r and they both piss me the fuck off, also 300 dollars for a gauge cluster that does everything you want doesn't sound that bad desu famalam.
Any reason you don't wanna go megasquirt?

for internet brownie points

in all seriousness though, i'd like to experiment with carbs a bit more before eventually moving onto fuel injection. that's a dgv (or dgas) you've put on that 22r. did you buy it as a kit or did it come off from something else?

also, the $300 gauge system doesn't tell you everything, just oil pressure and boost pressure.

That was one I had lying around my garage, it was originally for a nissan pickup not a toyota, I ended up buying the redline kit for my 22r so it looked cleaner and I hated that one too.

idk about the gauge issue tho, hopefully somebody here knows of something that will fit the bill, too bad it's not obd2 or you could just use a tablet lol

bump?

apparently i can also use fuel pressure senders for oil pressure since they are essentially doing the same thing so...

are there also any 2-in-1 boost pressure and fuel pressure single gauges guys?

Save up and convert to EFI. Boost + carbs = shit

>searched for two hours, and all i've found were expensive $300+ systems.

That's because that's all there is. There are no cheap multifunction gauges. You could make one if you want to get into arduinos and the like.

>Carb+turbo
Ohgodwhy.jpg

Blow through or draw through?

>Save up and convert to EFI.

the more i research into this the more i realize how true that statement is, sheit.

blow through

>blow through

Hope you're modding the carb to handle positive pressure.

boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, plastic floats, secondary venturi jetted for boost (primary to be left as is for day to day driving in traffic), and if i decide to go crazy i'll throw some nitrile gaskets.

that's all i think.

>i don't want my dashboard or the cabin in general to look like starship enterprise
You don't need to.

The wideband and boost pressure gauges can be removed after the calibration work is complete.
An oil pressure warning system doesn't require a gauge. A pressure switch and a bulb or buzzer would work just as well.

i'd like to keep the wideband and the pressure gauge, simply because i'm running a carb, which doesn't alter fuelling like an efi system would...

on the other hand i didn't think of an oil pressure warning system like you mentioned. i'll check what i can do with that one, thanks.

wideband/boost gauges are common fan, use google

Or you could just re-jet and use the solex carb from a Renault 5 turbo since its designed for boost and high fuel pressure straight out the box.

constant depression

A rare part like that would probably cost nearly as much as converting to fuel injection.

A carb hat is probably a better solution.

the only reasonably priced thing i've found so far were coffee machine dual gauges. both sides read different resolutions, they're cheap, and definitely resist the pressures. the only thing that i don't like about them is that i'd have to run high pressure oil lines into the cabin...yeah, nah, not gonna happen.

theespressoshop.co.uk/en/Astoria-Dual-Pressure-Gauge-60mm/m-3254.aspx

was trying to avoid buying another wideband since i'm a piss poor student, but yeah, i've seen what aem offer. interesting, too. at least i'd only need to buy the gauge, and not the sensor and looms, i think.

from the little i've researched, they're rare and expensive, as are their parts. i'd prefer having something more modern and common, like the dgev i currently have, to which i know i could buy parts and jets and shit from the nearest speed shops with ease.

sorry, didn't understand what you mean...

well that's the plan.

>sorry, didn't understand what you mean...
Use a constant depression carburettor. Although my depression is pretty constant too.
These dual pressure gauges look breddy neat. I think doing it purely mechanically, with oil lines in the cabin would be correct.

>turn on car
>oil line pressurised
>bsp line gives out
>get a faceful of oil
t-thanks Veeky Forums

in all seriousness though, i did find those, but considering i'd be running less than 15psi of boost, they would barely blip those gauges :(

Is it an old car? You probably don't want these digital ones then right?
What is your dash layout like atm? Could you use a multifunction gauge to replace multiple gauges then use the spare room for boost gauges?
Using electric for gauges but not engine control kinda triggers me tbqh.

Nah just put the gauges on the drivers column, it looks good and it's functional