F-150 Sport

What's the deal? A guy gave me a ride in his brand new F-150 4x4 Sport and I was less than impressed.

Nothing about it screamed "expensive luxury truck that's also cool"

Kind of a sucker buy it seems.

Do you hate America, pal?

I'm Canadian and the Ford F-150 is by far the most popular truck. I'm just curious about this new thing...

Note: I'm only talking about the Sport edition. The F-150 is legendary.

It'd be better off as a 2-door sport truck rather than a fuck huge 4 door truck with a small bed.

I haven't ridden in the new aluminum generation but i have a 2010' F150.

I like the ride

It's much more refined compared to how trucks used to ride 10 years ago.

> Luxury
> Pickup truck
Pick one. If you want luxury, you buy a luxury car.
If you want a pickup truck, you buy a truck you can hose out.
Or is this marketed to the 'I might want to move half a pallet of stuff once or twice a year so i need a truck' crowd?

>Or is this marketed to the 'I might want to move half a pallet of stuff once or twice a year so i need a truck' crowd?
It's definitely marketed towards the "F-150 is badass" crowd.

I would steer clear of the aluminum body; any body work is going to cost ya extra.

You don't have to pick one. I could easily drop 80k and get something as nice as a high mark Lexus.
Welcome to the Free Market.

Yesss bring back the BROnco

Well, I meant something like this. But Bronco works to I guess.

Same thing...you guys don't think the "sport" edition is a sham?

It's not sporty, performance wise. It's just a appearance package to give off the impression that it's sporty both inside and out. So yeah, it's a sham.

They could of just revive the dead Ford SVT Lightning.

Who told you it was luxury truck? It's not a king ranch or Lincoln... It's a $30k truck, That kind of money gets you a nice Kia or base Accord.

There is no way that truck in OP's pic cost 30 grand.

40ish if it's the Lariat. Still, That doesn't get you much when it comes to sedans. So don't expect a truck that cheap to be hella luxurious.

The Sport isn't designed to be a "Luxury truck". That's what the platinum and the Lariat are for.

>40k doesn't get you much when it comes to sedans

New f150's look ugly as shit, sans the interior

the new superduties look fucking hideous too

Then there literally no point in spending that much on a truck if i'm not going to get much. Better off with a regular base model truck.

It's the most popular truck in the us. Hell the F-Series is the most popular vehicle period here.

This.
never thought a pickup trucks could outsell fucking cars.

Sport is just an appearance package.

The trim models (XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch...) are what impact the feature but still they aren't really luxury vehicles. It's still at it's core a body on frame truck.

They've come a long way though.

nope

man, i fucking hate new pickups. they're all designed with the crew cab and super crew cab in mind first and foremost. so while i hate crew cabs on trucks with a flaming passion, the new trucks just look terrible without them. i wish we'd go back to the days where a truck didn't cost you a whole year's salary+ and they were for work, with limited amenities and designed for a regular or small extended cab.

really the only trucks i can justify having a crew cab with are the 1-ton+ trucks

>tfw ywn go to a dealership and handpick the perfect 7th gen F150 and be able to pay for it without selling your soul to Ford

You can get a base model truck for $30k you know.. A few grand more than a BRZ. Nobody's forcing you to get the $70k king ranch.

That's still 10K more than the old trucks adjusted for inflation. It also doesn't fix the market problem that modern trucks are basically SUVs with box beds or that they still look like ass or that they're not as solid as the old trucks or that they will never last as long as the old trucks and that they will always have useless shit like power mirrors and power windows and power locks and power seats and on-board anus massages.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I much rather prefer a single cab truck with a long bed and a """"luxury"""" like interior like back the in day (pic related), for example a king ranch/special edition lariat/anything equivalent, or it's own unique trim exclusive for a singlecab. But let's be real, that's never going to happen.

The truck world has changed and the market wants four door trucks with short beds, and to me, that really defeats the purpose of a pickup truck due to the limited cargo space in the bed.

yep, least there's still a lot of old trucks hanging around because they were built like tanks. still great farm trucks if you ask me.

>tfw our old 8th gen lariat with all the extra shit put on it was worth 20K in today's cash

>GM shill detected

and damn it, why won't my niggers mow my lawn for free anymore????

this

>chebby s10 owner checking in

Fuck all the new trucks. Get a small truck and make some cheap suspension upgrades and you'll ride smoother than that brick on wheels. Fuck newer trucks. Even Mazda's old trucks road better.