byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13834
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13756
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/13830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder:
Give librarian a DJ alt title
Give him some way of broadcasting musi similar to the pirate station
Let him construct playlists with links written on paper

MAKE LIBRARIAN GREAT AGAIN except he always sucked

KILL MECHANICS

you can already embed youtube videos on nanopaper (paper mechanics and the librarian get). When writing on nanopaper press the help button for instructions on embedding

>traitor CMO and mediborg in one medbay

That wild ride was beautiful.

>tfw you accidentally, subconsciously make somebody adopt your speech impediment out of nowhere
th-thanks

wasn't me
I upgraded a chem dispenser and some DNA scanners

>Say Hi to Rin in the hallway
>She chlorals me, and smashes me head in with a toolbox and spaces me
>She said in ahelps that only Antags Roleplay so the kill was 100% valid

Hypothetical scenario: You confiscate a scientist's illegal assault rifle. However, you have no way of knowing who actually produced the rifle.
Is it reasonable to assume they printed the rifle themselves?

Always assume that they did.

Did he think the gas would leak out of a pipe with no ends or something?

Are you roleplaying as someone with Tourette's syndrome or something?

to be fair, you deserve it for giving him a modicum of attention

i don't like this image

It's not unreasonable, but it's just as likely that another scientist printed the rifles and handed them out to the department.

It doesn't matter anyway, it's a possession of a weapon charge whether they produced it themselves or not.

Also
>botanist is being a shit and growing kudzu and splicing vines into all sorts of random plants
>continually come into botany from kitchen and destroy all the kudzu
>this goes on all round and he says he's growing 'weed'
>oh well, just a bad botanist player
>sitting on the way to the shuttle
>shuttle arrives
>see him dragging a kudzu tray towards the shuttle
>chase him around and repeatedly push him out of the way of the doors as he tries to drag it into the shuttle
>finally get a pull grip on it, drag it into the library
>he follows after
>he gets the tray and starts moving back down towards me just as i throw soap
>he slips, i grab shit in his hand, the soap, and the tray
>pull it all the way down a long hallway
>he limps after it, ZAS hurt him somehow on the way
>it spawned vines on the way which i cut down
>he gets the tray
>i throw more soap and slip him again easily
>run back to the shuttle with 30 seconds left
>one of the doors is taped shut and i almost don't make it
>watch out the window
>he has 5 seconds left
>walks into the shuttle entry hallway
>enters the one with the taped-up door
>tears down the tape
>opens the interior airlock, but not the shuttle one
>shuttle leaves
>he almost definitely flew out into space and suffocated to death with his kudzu

Oh it's definitely possession of a weapon, but unauthorized combat gear construction is its own charge too.
Since making and blowing a lockbox leaves no evidence..

I have never hated a speech gimmick as much as yours, god bless

Or just let him have the fucking assault rifle you sperg shit. He's just going to make another one, and then he's going to have a grudge against you.
Instead, tell him "Keep it in your bag. If I hear you waving it around, or find out you're making any for anyone else, I'll come down on you like a hurricane. Don't make me regret trusting you."
Now you have someone out there watching your back as opposed to wanting to stab you in it.

Who was that bitch who had a word she said all the time? Something with a Z in it I think? Fuck I can't remember it's going to drive me crazy.

>He's just going to make another one
No sir. Unauthorized combat gear production is 10 minutes and forced demotion. I am legally required by my job to get this guy out of Science.
Plus the charge for possession of a weapon is 7 minutes. All admins support the notion that if you have charges totaling 15 minutes or more your sentence can be upgraded to permabrig.
He's not going to be anywhere near that protolathe again if I can help it.

This. You can't crack down on everyone, just try to keep them getting out of control, keep some sort of peace and get them to trust you.

This is how metagrudges are born.

Lesson number one is "trust noone".
Lesson number twelve or so is "trust means nothing to Science or Cargo".

>I can't follow space law, I'll just metagrudge anyone who arrests me!
Go edit the wiki faggot.

this is how good cops are born

god's speed, user

don't pretend you don't remember marisa, ze

>WAAAAAAH I DONT WANNA FOLLOW THE LAW THE LAWS MAKES IT HARD TO POWERGAY

Break the law, get punished. Act shit, get hit. Metagrudging someone for doing their job is immature and petty.

Good on you, user. We need more officers like you.

Then the worst case scenario is you have your trust betrayed, and get to have a "But... Why? Glk, ack," You whisper with your final breath "I trusted you..."

Which is infinitely more fun to play out for both parties, more interesting to watch, and will both humanize you and make them feel bad.

As opposed to best case scenario if you took the gun? "lel I showed that shitter security stronk no guns on my station" While everyone else on the station says "Wow fucking shitcurity in full force. Hope he gets cancer."

Learn the error of your ways. Make friends.

Oh god fuck you that's it

>j-just let me keep my gun and kill you later, fugging shitcurity!!
>it'll be more fun for me!!

If a guy is toting a rifle he's not looking for friends, he's looking for targets. In the brig he goes.

I don't like guns, too big, loud and obvious. But it gets under my fucking skin when sec loses their shit over contraband. Most people in space tuck away some means of self defense, especially when shit starts getting real. Taking away peoples ability to defend themselves instead of looking for the things they want to defend themselves against is petty.
Thirst for brig-valids is infinitely more detrimental to the excitement of rounds than antag-valids

I pity Traders, because they need it.
I pity Medbay, because the station needs them.
I don't pity you. You don't need my pity.

>Thirst for brig-valids is infinitely more detrimental to the excitement of rounds than antag-valids
Hell no it isn't.
Powergamers fuck antags over a lot of the time because of scrub gloves or other paranoia shit.
A greytider getting brigged doesn't fuck over the round.

>Thirst for brig-valids is infinitely more detrimental to the excitement of rounds than antag-valids
>"killing all the antags 12:15 is worse for the excitement of the round than brigging the shitter with a gun"
i hope you remember this post and feel embarrassed for writing it sometime

>Wizard/Blob/Cut on station
>Him/It/They fucked up my workplace, fuck this
>Arm up, time to end this
>Bump into HoS/Officer/Warden/Captain
>ILL BE TAKING THIS YOURE UNDER ARREST
>They confiscate gear and proceed to be useless and/or die immediately

What sounds like a more interesting fun round, lone scientist takes down xeno queen? Or shuttle gets called because lol xenos, half station dead other half full of plasma but hey at least we got lots of arrests lol

>wizard shows up on the station
>all the shitters immediately run after the wiz with their scrubgloves equipped and assault rifles in hand
>"BUT DUDE THE WIZARD WTF WHY ARE YOU TASING ME"
>"THIS MAKES THE ROUND MORE INTERESTING AND FUN"
Sorry, no.
I don't think so.

And no of course I won't arrest you for a gun during bleb or if you're implanted during cult.

>cult on the station
>science 90% likely to have cultists
>letting them have guns

if the cult has been at your workplace at all you are 100% primo cult suspect

>lone scientist is the only one having fun in scenario A
>scenario B people get to have fun trying to evade the xenos, then become xenos themselves and have fun chasing down the crew
which side were you arguing for again?

We've just entered the realm of step 4 folks
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13834

Did this fucking dumbass get unbanned from Sec already? Holy hell this serb is fucked.

>rin is unbanned from sec
Goddamnit, just when I wanted to get back into the groove of enforcing the law.

this faggot went out of her way to steal my cow and put useless junk in botany.

what is wrong with no-fruits as they are? Beside the sound I see nothing wrong with them.

They can cause lag in very high quantities.
AKA, same as every other fucking botany plant.

You can get them really easily, you can use them to get any other fruit really easily, they lag the fuck out of the client when you see a few of them.

but why try to remove vox and those weird plants that are in pots around the station. Also why make them unmutatable.

Despotate was of the opinion that they were broken balance-wise. Most people disagreed with him and his PRs were closed.
However, the PRs being opened got N3X15 to look at no-fruit, at which point he realized that high numbers of them are capable of causing lag due to the way they work, which IS technically true, so he proposed fixing that by turning them into slot machines. Some people agreed with this decision, others didn't.

Personally, I think that problem could ALSO be fixed by making them immutable, given that we've had no-fruits for a YEAR without issue, and they only started becoming a problem within the last month after botany gene splicing was reworked, allowing botanists to easily produce hundreds of them.

>a few
You need 100+ to start lagging the game. Audio distortion is the big problem.
So that you can't get the weird plants and vox plants easily, and so that you can't mass-produce them with grasserelle dev.

That REALLY depends on your computer Mr. GTX 800+

It really doesn't.

>someone actually bothered to make this image

Wasn't no-fruit just a tofu block with a stem until you pulled the leaf off? Why does it need to have the cyclical animation?

Alright, where's your multiple computers to test this for us

The issue is that the animation deleted and recreated the item to make the icon change, this done a lot would cause lag. The new animation is just a regular old animation, meaning the lag is gone but now you can't time your hits and get a specific thing out of it.

Works on my machine

Doesn't on mine, looks like I'm right then

>Uses magboots to stand up to criticism.
I'd say that was a sick burn if she wasn't loaded full of tricord, derma, and kelotane.

I know you are just trying to be edgy, but if you are gonna demote someone for this you better have proof they actually made the weapon.

How is having an illegal weapon griefing?

shitposting in people's records gives me life

nobody said "grief" until you showed up

I had an idea a little while back, it's a horrible Idea that'll never get implemented but I have the need to say it anyways.

>All heads now have access to the IAA's demotion stickers, allowing them to more effectively administer their department.
>Heads now have access to a special employee record that allows them to put down notes that last between games.
>notes aren't recorded between games if they're an antag.
>new antag objective is to clean your own/other peoples notes

>the inter round shitposting would be glorious
>of course, everything would be taken with a grain of salt, because it's not like it's written by an actual admin.

That would make IAA even more useless. The record keeping thing implies that people would static name, which many do not. It also would be cumbersome with the amount of people logging in at different times, changing characters, ect.

That actually sounds hilarious. Plus, I like the idea of giving heads more departmental responsibilities, Heads only really feel like an all-access department pass in rounds where being a head doesn't have a direct game-mode impact like Rev

Not really, it's just for fun so who cares if people don't static name? And it wouldn't be any more cumbersome than the trillions of library books in the system

____ ___ ____ __.

>try to talk to n3x15 in discord PM to apologize for being an ass
>he goes and complains about it on the coder discord
>i go onto the coder discord and apologize there too
>he disconnects from the coder discord
I don't hate this guy, and I don't want him getting frustrated over fucking no-fruit, what do I do

accept the fact that he'll be leaving soon due to him arbitrarily finding little shit to have meltdowns over

what

lurkmore

what did he mean by this?

wyci

Wait for his next meltdown when he quits again.

Yep.

He's gone yet again.

so. Player notes but ran by the players.
Nice.

and nothing of value was lost

What did he even accomplish this time around?

Who?

Here's a picture of every meaningful contribution he's made since returning

preference bug fix

he did the supermatter thing and killed poly I guess

Nope, he didn't fix it, he just changed the text and said it was a fix.
The real fix was done by Zaers.
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13756

Well, OK, nevermind. Looks like he's still around, which is good.
I'm not gonna invade your IRC so I hope you have a good time and good luck writing your book, man. Sorry again for being an ass.

>Mr Pain asks a perfectly legitimate question
>the collabs just delete it
Why can't our collaborators take any criticism?

I think this shows just how much of an utter autist Nex really is. He literally hates someone for trying to fucking apologize to him.

>Someone makes a perfectly legitimate question in a ban appeal
>Pain forumbans them because "muh peanutgalleryposting"
Why can't the admins take any criticism?

I don't really blame him. In his mind, he's trying to merge a very sane perfect PR and getting stonewalled by some autist.
I dunno how to level with him and get him to slow down a little. Maybe messaging him wasn't the right way to go.

Ciders are legitimately some of the worst people on the planet. Even outside this shitty game. It's just a fact

There's a time and a place for voicing your concern over a PR and it's not in a fucking bug report (hint: it's in the PR)

remove zas
replace it with something less shit
getting slammed into crit by rushing air with no recourse is not fun

Git gud

>no recourse
What are magboots
What are office chairs
What are firelocks

Oh boy if only the PR was up for more than 12 fucking hours so that people would've had time to voice their concerns in the PR.

Take it to the PR and stop your peanut gallery bull in a bug report.

Hell there's even another issue already about it where you could post that
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/13830
Just not in a bug report man

>Betrayed literally every single time

Mods are asleep, post waifus