boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/156531550/#156585510
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/122500883/#122533669
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFt_AvWsXl0fEx02iXR8uhDsVGhmM9Pse
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvgIVNDU-Dxjb3eukDF5W0l0-6ShO9OiM
homph.com/steam/
pcgamer.com/doom-benchmarks-return-vulkan-vs-opengl/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=7nTB5azSvAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Game Maker is a respectable development platform.

if you're a faggot

I'm finalizing menus. Battle preview soon.

>do nothing
Oh look the Aggy Daggy option.

>tfw I'm sitting here looking at the thread and not programming

How many subtle Veeky Forums memes are you putting into your game?

well like i just need to learn how to sprite and how to use dev tools
really just looking to make a pixel shit RPG that has elements from multiple games
actually i want to do a small project to learn how code, if random anons like it, i'll do something bigger. If alot of people like it i'll do a nice game and sell it
if it turns out to be shit i'll just leave with some computer science knowledge

Bhutan did nothing wrong.

>pixel shit RPG

rpgmaker, they have their own thread too

Any AGDG games make it to Steam recently?

Already got:
Social Interaction Trainer
Abyssal Zone (not AGDG lol)
Aliens Go Home Run

youtube.com/watch?v=x_xeq9l7DNY

Only the finest.

let is the most retarded fucking term, math or programming, doesn't make any fucking sense

it's a declaration you don't need to give anyone permission, you're not asking politely, you are saying "this is how it is"

riks of rain

Where did you learn to make a game like this?

r e c e n t l y

It is a poposition.

It's a very good term. It's not a request for permission.

I bet you don't say please and thank you either when googling, do you?

>pronouncing doge as do-she

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

autism

I went to college for game design

i want gameplay very similar to the old paper marios.
like a pixel action RPG but paper mario gameplay would describe it more accurately

too bad you are using it in the context of a statement, it's wrong and confusing, I can't understand you, speak english motherfuckers

>tfw object oriented programming

>current year + 2
>being a commie

you have to go back

>OOP
>90s
>pepe
yeah that fits

Tfw mixture of functional programming backend and OO game.

youtube tutorials, UE4 answer hub, and playing DMC3/4. It also helps that I had moderate programming experience from various other projects.

>Social Interaction Trainer
Is not an /agdg/ game.

>b-but googs posts on /agdg/!!!
Show me one (1) post where he posted progress of SIT on /agdg/. Actual progress, not an advertisement.

>game
Where?

Any tutorial examples?

He posted... incremental... advertisements...

Literally the only paradigm suitable for gamedev

oldest one i could find
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/156531550/#156585510

are you looking for anything specific? modeling/animating? programming?

Modeling and animating for that type of DMC style game.

I could only stand 10 seconds of this. Disgusting.

older.... there should be posts from 2014 but the archive doesnt go back that far.
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/122500883/#122533669

data oriented ECS is the future

Got doors kinda working. What does aggydaggy think about non-linear stories in vidja? Should I force some type of linearity to form some cohesion or just let the player go through it as they will?

>got a BSOD while deving a month ago
>now backup my project folder to my mega account at least 5 times over the course of a day

How much backup is too much backup?

I like nonlinear storytelling. Something tells me your game will benefit from it.

from the thumbnail I thought this was sourceshit

Which model looks better? I kind of want to get away from using the default but... my modelling skills... are not that good.

Just use version control and have a remote where you store it. Now you've got a changelog AND a backup!

the source "look" is pretty aesthetic

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFt_AvWsXl0fEx02iXR8uhDsVGhmM9Pse
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvgIVNDU-Dxjb3eukDF5W0l0-6ShO9OiM

I pretty much used these two tutorials for learning Blender. As for DMC style animation, just study DMC animation. Like, there are youtube videos with the full DMC4SE movesets. Pull those up and use them as a reference. Or record yourself playing and study that. Try to use exaggerated, dynamic poses for your keyframes, make quick movements, and slow down for the recovery frames. General animation stuff.

How do I make root motion work in Unity? It just resets back to the origin.

There's this if you haven't seen it yet. But, there are a few more out there

homph.com/steam/

The plot thiccens

I know because I run it

it looks like scp 178

I want to say that is Rust, but it looks like some sort of disabled Rust.

Homph, post feet please

Is this your "first visible output" milestone?

It is Rust, what do you mean by "disabled"?

Rust is disabled because it doesn't have monads or traversables

True, but that doesn't exactly warrant a distinction between "Rust" and "disabled Rust".

the whole 'main:loop part, maybe I haven't been paying attention to the latest developments but, this looks weird, even for Rust.

No, no, you've just had too much of the Kool Aid.

Please, there's not a single answer anywhere on google for this. It doesn't give me the option to unbake the transform, it just says that root motion is driven by curves.

>'main: loop
That's a loop label, which allows me to break out of the entire loop even from a nested loop.

>700 lines of code to get a triangle on the screen
>DX11/GL4 driver runs faster anyway

Tier-1 dev was threatening to push the button

>>DX11/GL4 driver runs faster anyway
No, no, they really don't.
pcgamer.com/doom-benchmarks-return-vulkan-vs-opengl/2/

Maybe if you're an Nvidia peasant.

Reposting last nights progress, translators will be able to suggest translation edits while theyre playing the game

are you john carmack?

No, just some random user that assumes you would know the 101's of optimizing if you're going to use Vulkan.

fukken memes

oh shit here he come

the king bone

>still .gif
>still slowdown on particle explosion

vp8 webms are deprecated

gif is better for pixel art

prove me wrong

nothing wrong with gifs, but there's definitely something wrong with your games performance.

>mixelrixels need gif

that last frame where she distorts into a wall oh my god

>mixelrixels
multilayered memes

>walking on air

brava

left

Yo but realtalk, unironically this. Figuring out a decent pooling system for Components still fucks with me though.

ok sorry i'll fix it nah

I must've missed this, I like what this implies
what's the gameplay like?

you know you only need to simulate a small portion of the particles and have the rest follow

it'll look basically the same and run 10 times better

>text clips out of bounds
>text jumps to new line on reveal

Done with this attack. Probably shouldn't have bothered polishing it yet and tested it in Unity first.

This is one of the regular enemies and is supposed to be a little bit mindless and just follows orders, since it's a wooden version of a golem. So I tried showing that a bit in the way it moves.

you
I like you

cool

>blaming shitty performance on your image format
C'mon now

I code in C++. Why would I want to code in Rust or Ruby on Rails?

looks pretty nice, my dude
how long did that animation take you?

Why is it slowing down with the particles?

the whole weekend, so 2 days. that's given that I procrastinate a lot. started watching Blood-C.

Rust is safer and simpler and has a nice module system, build system, and package manager.

I think the weakest part is the end attack. It looks cool as it starts and lunges in, but sort of becomes awkward at the end in that crossed pose. Maybe have some sort of snap back out of the pose?

Need to add some smoothing to the particle emitter on the eye, unless this is a robot. Too many sharp angles.

Does simpler imply simplistic? I do need some of the more esoteric elements of C++ for efficiency reasons. Especially controlling data access patterns and cache coherency.

Sounds a good pace to me.

Its a hacker rpg set aboard a colony ship en route to Proxima Centauri, so you have things like the ships systems to hack into, change the course into a star, sabotage the oxygen generators etc. Or try and situate yourself to be the most wealthy person once the ship lands and the colony is formed, things like that.

Gameplay is like scanning a target system to see what programs it has running, then trying to form an attack based on its defenses. For example if you portscan an address and find out it has a mailserver running, you might devote your CPU to running a fuzzer program to search for any bugs or vulnerabilities that mailserver executable might have, and if you find some package them up with other exploits you have (to get past a firewall, or deliver it as malware via an email attachment to the admin). Or use your CPU instead to mine cryptocurrency so you can just buy your way in, or try and figure out the mailserver address via some story mechanism like a disgruntled employee.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nTB5azSvAQ

Here is a playthrough of a couple demodays ago, obviously a lot is missing.

Thanks for asking.

When the root motion node is set to root transform in unity, why does root motion stop working? It gets rid of the option to bake the transform and replaces it with one that just says "root motion is driven by curves".

hmm I can try that out. I was wondering whether movement of the arms should look slow and laborious to emphasize heaviness, or if it moves fast like a blade that cuts the wind.

thanks for the input.

>Need to add some smoothing to the particle emitter on the eye
that's because the framerate is dipping down due to the screen recorder slowing things down. it looks acceptably curvy when I'm not recording to video.

because every particle is it's own object with physics and collision detection