/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #471

''Let's Ride Into The Sunset Together'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=OD4hSJybyCY
youtube.com/watch?v=apr60Dh0BXE
latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-trump-nation-oregon-20160502-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

I sincerely mean this: Max did nothing wrong.
She was given that power and she still used it mostly to help others.
She is allowed to be happy and think about her own needs for once at the end. And nobody can criticize or demonize her for it.

When Joyce and David are out of the house, we all know what Chloe and Max do.

Hop like rabbits!

K8 is gr8

Pricefield is best field

Christ how are these threads still going

The Partners in Time continue their adventures!!!

> Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
> Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
> "I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
> Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
> Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
> They end up living in Chloe's truck.
> After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
> Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle
> Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe
> Chloe is abandoned once again.
> Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
> Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
> Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
> Max wakes up.
> "Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town."
> Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

Max is #1

Because Chloe is her number one model

>Storm is about to destroy town and take away my family and friends
>"WAAAHHH! It's not my fault! I did nothing wrong! Everything's all about me!"
>What about me? What about what my life's ambitions? What about my sisters?
>"What about you, Kate?"
From the bottom of my heart, fuck you /lisg/ and fuck you Max.

>Not Brokeback Mountain edition

One job user

Chloe does appear in some of Max's works (Which gains her some notability among Max's fans, who know she's the photographer's wife)
But anything like that (or lewder) is reserved for Max's private albums. Not publicly shown or published.

user, come on. The first time it was posted it was actually kind of funny and original by bait standards. But it's amusement factor wears out every time it's posted. If you're gonna post bait then try to come up with something new.

Friendly reminder to ignore stale copypasta, shitposting, bait, and imposters.

Stay comfy! (^ ^)/

Hopping is fun!

>Joyce winning the supporting girl contest so far
That's actually a nice change. Glad I helped with that. She deserves more credit.
Even though she and Chloe had their differences in the past, I strongly believe they would get closer and be more understanding to the others situation. Even Chloe and David would learn to get along.
Nearly losing each other in the storm would really bring the realization how close they were to their family being torn apart. It would be a wakeup call that they need to talk, respect each other, and just give a proper chance.

To be fair, most Bay-pickers don't do that.

It is obvious that Max used her powers not only for good and for others instead of the selfish and evil shit the majority would use them for, but she used them actually thinking - and being justified in that thinking - that they were given to her to prevent the storm, and throughout also given no reasons to believe they are actually causing it (no matter what she does with her powers, even in a reality where she'd never discovered them, the storm is coming).

Even if Max caused the storm, which is not evidenced in the game, she is not responsible or to blame. Basing the ending choice on that would be tragically blind and absurd in more than one sense. The ending choice as I see it can only have meaning if it is made free from any such guilt and blame and feeling of obligation, gets one of its primary meanings for both characters and the narrative precisely by breaking with that self-blame and self-doubt. The most meaningful choice for the player (and the character) can be one they feel is right, even if only as a gut-feeling rather than a strong emotional motivation, because of the relation to characters and narrative. Arguments and interpretations are the most meaningful when they tie into that emotional and sentimental quality of it, and outside of that, should in my opinion primarily deal with narrative reasons, not logic or morals or any other boring out-of-narrative consideration that you're better off reading existing scientifical and philosophical debate on, than apply to such a narrative that deals with characters authentically and sentimentally, not as a science-fiction thriller or trolley dilemma simulator.

And I just can't see a greater motivation for such impossible choices, for such human choices, than love. And it's a great love here, one the narrative revolves all around. Thus, it is its proper conclusion to me, that it prevails in the end once more, above all. Among other reasons.

What is everyday life like in coastal PNW small towns anyway?

I dig.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

Tradition goes a long way...

Brooke loves of you

We love Brooke.

=kek

youtube.com/watch?v=OD4hSJybyCY

My family are not racists! Stop slandering them.

As them, we are everlasting.

That cheeky buttgrab though.

Can you blame her?

Nope.

Besides, she's saved her ass so many times, she basically owns it now. She can pat and tap it whenever she so desires!

And that desire is mutual.

She's just celebrating Easter and Jesus' resurrection with her senpai!

You did it!

Would you tickle Max until she begs for mercy?

If I were Chloe, totally.

*muffled laughter*

Good night everyone.

Wrong cutepic.

Sleep very well.

>The irrational tragedy started with lisa
>"haha :), I'll let them guess how much they should water the plant, even though it's knowledge they should obviously have"
>"it was definitely a scripting error that caused that information to be omitted, not me giving you a taste of my idiotic world view, haha ;)"

HeHE!

Literally did nothing wrong

fuck off michel

You know who else is #1?

Me.

I was kidding, dork. That's you! That's right, you are also #1.

Max is .5 and Chloe is .5
But put them together and you get 1!

>Crap teacher
>Crap photographer
>Crap villain
F-, see me after class.

Is Brooke excited for any upcoming games?

I bet she'd love the new Zelda game.

Brooke's dead

>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview

Is that from the fanfic?

She flew everyone to safety ok.

I will forever be amazed how much Chloe grew on me.
I'm sorry I ever doubted you!

yep,
which was inspired by this masterpiece:
youtube.com/watch?v=apr60Dh0BXE

>like saying it's a silly teenage crush Max will be glad to have left behind
Hey now. I never said she was glad to leave it behind. She's on the older side of her teenage years and more capable of discerning her emotions from hormonal impulses, but there's no guarantee it isn't a relationship fueled by nostalgia, early hormonal desires and the stress of dealing with near death experiences. With the exception of time travel, LiS operates in a real world setting. It's fair to expect the usual success rates for teenage romances and relationships formed from traumatic experiences. The romantic in me says Max and Chloe would make it, but the realist gives them a 70/30 chance.

>For how butthurt you like to make others out to be, I only very rarely see anti-Bay shitposting of that kind.
First off...
>Hurr durr, idiots say Max is a murderer.
>Only faggots--like the lesbian protagonists--call Max a terrorist
>There's no justification for the Bay ending.
Secondly, I'm not shit-posting. I'm voicing a fact based opinion. Degrading it as shitposting proves that many Baesiders are butthurt.

>I agree that the logical inconsistency is a lame way to look at the ending decision in.
Here's where we disagree. My own interpretation is that the storm wasn't caused by Max and that there was a way to save Chloe without sacrificing Arcadia Bay. But, those aren't the rules that the creative team laid out nor the options. The artists decided to go with the ending choice. As it is their work, I respect that decision, regardless of my personal feelings.

Part of the reason it's polarizing is because of the emotions tied to the final decision. That's an achievement worthy of commendation.

Mission accomplished.

Normally I'm paid for my writing. Cough up some cash and I'll do it. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for inspiration to strike.

>I'm posting things based on facts
>Where no facts about this topic exists
lolno
You're just parroting what the game says when the game itself cannot support its own claims.
"I'm right because I say so". That don't fly when it comes to proving a point or voicing an argument.

Many here have already just said "fuck what the writer and directors intended" and we are [perfectly right to do so. Their word is not the word of god when what they say or show makes no sense and contradicts itself.
As far as I am concerned, Dontnod are players to the game just like you or I. Nothing more and nothing less. Their explanation of things is a theory that was not proven because of how many things were left unaddressed.
Just as what is posted here are theories of hypothetical world-building. The difference is the theories here have consistency and pay attention to the details, their theories are a jumbled mess that do not arrive at the supposed conclusion.

>implying Max did not convince Chloe to become a SuicideGirl to further her photography career

She's an underrated character. Joyce lost her husband, raised an emotionally damaged daughter on her own while working a shitjob. She's an EverdayHero if there is one.

Boring and economically depressed since responsible environmental reforms have crippled the logging and fishing industry: latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff-trump-nation-oregon-20160502-story.html

Nice use of the studded belt. +10 punk points.

It makes me uncomfortable seeing Max in Rachel's clothing. It's another reminder that Chloe is holding onto the idea of Ms. Amber, even though she was something of a placeholder for Max. That's another reason to question the long term viability of their relationship.

Interesting backstory. Wasn't aware of the inspiration. I'm not a fan of quasi indie-folk-pop, but it fits the tone of the video game. I'll listen to the songs from the soundtrack once in awhile outside of the game because of their association.

>Where no facts about this topic exists
>No facts about teen pregnancy, suicide, LGBT issues, drug use, prostitution or abnormal psychology exist.
You voted for the Donald, didn't you?

>Many here have already just said "fuck what the writer and directors intended" and we are [perfectly right to do so.
If you ever learn to write, I hope your work is treated with the same disrespect.

>At the end of the day you're still going to be stuck with a story that isn't very well thought out.
Sad, but true. Most of the evidence points to the Prescotts summoning the storm, but why would they call the bunker "StormBreaker"? Is it because it will save those inside from the storm or break Max and stop her from causing it?

Good job bringing politics up where it does not apply. As well as comparing fantasy to real life. Not biting that hook so you can just reel it back in.

If I ever learned to write, I would ensure the story made sense from start to finish.
I don't disrespect that they wrote, I criticize the parts I feel the messed up on and since they told me to fill in the blanks with my own thoughts, I have done so.
I have no obligation to believe what they were suggesting because they did not convince me. They are entitled to their views on the story and its intricacies and I am entitled to mine. Neither is correct.

"Welcome to Two Whales. *mutters* (best food you can get in this shit town) Whaddya want?"
ONLY Max is allowed answer "you" to that question.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

ILL HAVVA

Oh fuck

I'll have the fish tacos in the women's bathroom on your break.

"Dude. What the shit? We don't even have a drive-thru. Get your busta ass outta here."

I'll take a Double Triple Bossy Deluxe on a raft, 4x4 animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease; make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.

>based Christian Divine

Christian and Luc have been the only voices of reason from Dontnod.
I'd like to think Christian was using his ability as dialogue/journal writer to point out how ridiculous the story was getting.

Bacon omelette AND Belgian waffle. A carafe of water with that.

If they were real and I were there, I would genuinely tip her a five-figure sum. Tell her to take Max somewhere nice that night and ditch the waitress gig for good.

>carafe
>pretentious parchment letters

>not Pricefield

REWIND THIS!!!!

See, I don't really get this attitude.

It wasn't just a case of a borked ending, the entire structure of the final episode (and in retrospect, quite a lot of the game) is just kinda broken.

There's a massive split between the murder-mystery stuff and the supernatural stuff, with neither having any actual relation to each other; there is literally zero resolution to the supernatural stuff, with the developers all-but admitting they didn't even know how it all worked and fudged the rules in sections; the murder-mystery stuff turned out almost as setup at the very start of Episode 1 (hue Nathan is the bad guy responsible for Rachel's disappearance), with very little in the way of any interesting red herrings or ulterior motives, with the Jefferson twist (and Jefferson's character subsequently degrading into a "hue I'm actually a cartoon psycho") showing up out of nowhere without any reasonable setup, and with too much of the actual "plot" and investigationing being shoved into a single episode for no real reason; etc.

The point is, we're praising them about which of the two -broken- endings they personally decided on. But the fact remains that it's a choice which is sitting on top of a structure that is fundamentally broken ... and -all of them- are responsible, in some way, for it being that way.

You're a good person, user.
She's only doing that job for a little bit of money and also to help/hang out with her mom.

>tattoo on the left hand
triggered

>Maximum Victory and Marshfield now get the same response as if they were Warryn pairings
For fuck's sake, this general has become uncomfy.

One Pricefield delivery.
Sign here, please. X________

To be honest, I like the art in those few images. But I strongly dislike the pairings. At least in a romantic sense.
Rachel and Chloe would be friends (But any feelings they shared were canonically one-way) and Max and Victoria wouldd have some form of friendship and friendly rivalry.

Is there a difference? All three involve characters that do not like like each other in the game.
Max likes Chloe and that s independent of the player's choices.
So while Warren fans may be obnoxious and delusional, Maximum Victory fans are just as unrealistic. As as Marshfielders (But at least they harmless and don't shift character personalities around to accommodate their ship).
Regardless, /lisg/ has ALWAYS been majority Pricefield, and even hostile towards anything else involving Max/Chloe, and it's not going to change.

>even hostile towards anything else involving Max/Chloe, and it's not going to change
Complete and utter horseshit. I've been here right since the beginning and it was never like this back in 2015. Fuck off with your revisionist crap.

Pricefield and Chasemarsh double date!

Chloe getting drinks for herself and Max, and Kate waiting for Vic to show up. And of course Max brought her camera to snap snots of anything that caught her eye.

My life has already been turned into a simulation. How creepy.