Classic Car vs Motorcycle

Ok Veeky Forums, help me decide what i should spend my hard earned paycheck on.

I want to buy myself a new toy, but am having trouble on deciding what i should do. Do i buy a classic car and drive it while i (possibly) fix it/enjoy what it is, or should i buy a motorcycle?

Im looking at spending 3.5k, which can get me a good quality bike, or can get me a road worthy classic that may not be all that pretty.

>i already have a reliable dd, so this is just for fun
>i have full access to an auto shop with car lifts for free, along with Mechanics (got to love the military)
>live in an apartment complex, but can have extra vehicles.
>in Alabama, so dont have any extremes to worry about other than heat
>work is less than 3 miles away.

>mechanically inclined

>experienced rider

>may be wising up to the idea that im not invincible

So with that info, do you think i should buy

A: Motorcycle; good quality and dont have to put any work in it, though my riding is limited by weather and the fact that i could die much easier

B: buy an old car that may have rust and shit looks, and the temptation to upgrade things ($$$), but be safer and have that all american classic.

And FYI, im talking like a 1000cc+ cruiser or a pre 1972 classic/muscle car.

Other urls found in this thread:

superstreetbike.com/build-200-hp-suzuki-hayabusa#page-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You'll be throwing more into the car over the long term.

And a classic car being safer than a motorcycle is debatable.

Are there any good mountains for riding in Alabama? You should get a dirt bike, much more satisfying than a street bike in my opinion. If no good riding areas, get an old muscle car and hoon the shit out of it

That was one of my concerns, but since i moved, i seem to be surrounded by cars that i love. So if i get one of those, i may be ok with doing it if i plan on keeping it.
No trails that i know of near me

Bump

>And a classic car being safer than a motorcycle is debatable.

I think about this all the time. I can say with confidence that in most cases I would rather fall off my motorcycle going 100mph than crash my NA Miata at any speed above 60mph.

Bikes are fun but sketchy as fuck desu, get a clapped out chevelle or nova for 3k and hoon till frame rots

And to answer your question: IMO, the only real reason to get a motorcycle is because of the access to sport bikes. Even if you aren't really into the whole sport bike scene, there is something to be said for such a ridiculous machine. It will grant you acceleration experiences that most people will probably never get from a car, at least not without spending $100k.

Cruisers are cool too. But I am fine with cruising in my car. Motorcycles are cool because you can buy a 170whp sport bike for less than $3k. Stage 1 bolt on and you're lookin at 315whp

I consider what will happen when stacey runs into me cause she didnt look up from her phone. Or my worst fear, a blow out.

One will sip gas, but definitely kill you. The other will suck gas and might kill you. idk lol

Fun but sketchy vs clapped out/pricey but muh Vee-ate

What bike can you cheaply "bolt on" "stage 1" parts to go from 170-315 horse?

Wtf?

Hayabusa

Can you provide links?

I find it extremely difficult to believe you can "Stage 1 bolt on" for almost double power.

motorcycle will be 10000x more exciting

classic car will be for comfy cruising and feels

I have both. I enjoy both, but I never want to get rid of my truck, yet I have no attachment to the bikes I have owned. I believe that a good car, you'll keep until it or you dies but bikes come and go, unless that bike is unbelievably special.

The answer is always fox body mustang

So far the car is winning. I guess another thing is the fiance would prefer the car since she doesnt want me to die.

I guess Veeky Forums did it, they finally helped me. All without mentioning a 3k civic!

Mate get an old truck with a bench seat, and make it fast. You'll love it.

Distinct lack of links.

Seriously, why talk shit on the internet.

superstreetbike.com/build-200-hp-suzuki-hayabusa#page-11

>Intake
>Exhaust
>ECU
>Race Fuel

200hp

Stop talking shit you sperg

Classic owner here. Get the moto.

>stage 1 bolt on

Shit, didn't realise I was playing Need For Speed Underground

Classic faggot here, get the moto.

Just do both...