How many of you own or have owned old Mercs?

How many of you own or have owned old Mercs?

I bought this 1983 300D with 435K miles on it 2 years ago and it still runs great.

if i could find one here in Canada i would buy one in an instant

'83 300sd with 280k

I have a 92 300D, 240,000 miles, runs like shit

how many miles have you put on it since you bought it? have you had to fix anything on it?

I have a 240d sedan, it was my grandpas and he passed it down to me because I'm the only grandson who knows about cars. Odo is broken at 102k no idea how many current miles.
Pros:
>engine/trans are simple and bulletproof
>COMFY
>tons of parts available maint. and repairs are simple
>can actually get to highway speed (see cons)
>classic so inspections are easy
>sometimes you catch people 'mirin
Cons:
>67 hp diesel is SLOW 0-60 in over 1 min range
>electronics
>something is always broken, but car still runs
>rust
>slow
>no A/C (no bueno in Texas)

current is a '93 with 109k, my first was a '92 with 130k

'87 190e 16v

Currently everything leaks, working on fixing that atm.

>yfw this is old now

send it to the scrap yard

have a '93 220E, but a local dealer has an '89 300CE in pretty good condition with just under 100k miles on it, he's asking for over 7 grand though so im leaning towards no

My neighbor has one in silver. Every time I drive by his house I want it even more.

Opinions on the 190e? Was thinking of getting the 2.6 because I drive a lot of autobahn, but I'm a bit worried about fuel economy, since I dont make that much

I have a w123 300d turbo
stupid thing wont die, windows work when they want, revs to 5k because transmission is getting lazy

Old Mercedes have long gearing so they are very economical for highway driving

can confirm, the 30km of open road in my commute makes my old merc competitive with my swift for overall consumption

ive been looking for a 240 manual in la for months. All the nice ones are overpriced 5$+ and the cheap ones are falling appart.

Friend had a 240d and it was the worst POS ever. The slowest shitbox could pass it like it was standing still. Transmission was also fucked. I'll never fall for these meme cars.

automatic 240 are too slow to be useed in city environments, i hear manuals are doable

I am driving a 1994 C180 esprit. It has 305.000 km on it. Passed the yearly technical test with minor relaties. I love it.

i have one, its pretty much perfect except its slow and its starting to get rust