Are humans the most well designed animal?

Are humans the most well designed animal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Us3zOoeITcg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_poor_design#In_humans
youtube.com/watch?v=tAgAim926s0
youtube.com/watch?v=aXY-3Cuo9pE
7chan.org/fl/src/You'll_vomit.swf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2819812/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No dinosaurs were.

But although humans are weak and frail they have the best intelligence so they can manipulate their environment.

But if you put a human and a velociraptor in the room both naked, the velociraptor would be technically the best designed out of both animals.

>most well designed
pic related

Came here to post this.

>designed

kenhambeingaretard.gif

Ah, yes, Veeky Forums, the board with well over half religion threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=Us3zOoeITcg

Fuck no. Humans and little bitches that can't do anything without tools etc.

>tfw you will never be a tardegrade

C U T E
U T
T U
E T U C

If humans are the most well designed animal, then how come my penis is only 2 in?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_poor_design#In_humans

God has a sense of humor. Unfortunately he's fond of dick jokes.

Humans actually have much larger dicks than most other primates.

One of the shittier designs for a bipedal creature desu.

you could interpret this question as design by creator, or design by evolution

the brain alone makes it obvious

We have the largest dicks of the monkey family.

le ken ham face

No other animal can run marathons like humans

Our strength is shit, though

It's sharks or horseshoe crabs.

>high percentage of humans cannot find a mate or keep a mate around

>well designed

Most well-cucked animal to exist.

Fuck my life.

Then why have we existed for over 200,000 years and are the dominant form of life on the planet?

I don't know, but that certainly isn't the case these days.

So many single cunts and gay/lesbians. So many divorces and breakups.

And I still have no gf.

>And I still have no gf.
Get a real girlfriend (male) user.

>design by evolution

You could interpret it that way but then you would be demonstrating a lack of understanding of evolution.

No.
We're pretty shit in a lot of ways, as are a lot of animals.
You can't really measure being "well designed" because everything is pretty fit for its niche. If you faulted an organism for some trait then you'd be faulting a square peg that won't fit in a round hole when you pried it out of a square hole just moments prior.
You'd need a good metric and then demonstrate how that correlates to being "well designed".

No, not at all. We're weak. If humans were not more intelligent than almost any other animal on our planet (bar dolphins) we would have either died out, or if we didn't we surely wouldn't be at the top of the food chain (to the point we bend nature to our will).
I remember watching a documentary that stated that what allowed us to become what we are is a mutation that made our blood vessels that carry blood to and from the brain became bigger, while the ones that do so to the muscles that move the jaw became smaller which turned out to be much better in the long run.

If we are so perfectly designed, why have we yearned so long to have wings?

Divorces and breakups are not harmful to human breeding so long as they manage to churn out at least one offspring.

Heck, its what many animals do: fuck then go their separate ways.

That's wrong.

Not penguins, penguins stay with their one true love together their whole lives.

No because I still haven't breeded

youtube.com/watch?v=tAgAim926s0
youtube.com/watch?v=aXY-3Cuo9pE

look like my vacuum cleaner bag last time I cleaned my house

Where did this "hurr humans are physically shit" meme come from? Speak for yourselves you fat fucks.

No animal is as agile and as comfortable on both land and water as humans. Long distance humans can run faster and with better endurance than any other animal (yes even horses). Sweat glands give us the ability to regulate our temperature and thus exert ourselves without having to pause from overheating like the vast majority of other animals do. We have better and broader range vision than most animals. We're the only good runners and swimmers that are also able to climb. And of course we have fingers and opposable thumbs which means we can grip, lift, carry, and throw things, which is beyond the reach of almost any animal but primates, and this is without even getting into anything that requires any sort of finely tuned dexterity.

In terms of overall physical fitness, I can't think of a single animal that can measure up to humans.

source?

>Divorces and breakups are not harmful to human breeding so long as they manage to churn out at least one offspring.

They often don't breed, though. Nowadays you still see a lot of divorced couples with kids, but that's because they formed the family in different times where it wasn't socially acceptable to do anything else. Times have changed and now relationships are very fluid, with kids being only for the most stable couples (and not even all of them).

got your back, famalam
7chan.org/fl/src/You'll_vomit.swf

No. Consciousness was a mistake, it makes our brains inherently inefficient. We'll be utterly outcompeted by the first aliens we meet.

The OP should been more specific about what he meant. Like many have pointed out, humans are not the best in many utilitarian categories, but then we have le art and le philosophy etc.

Question was too broad imo.

No, we're going to destroy the planet and all of the wonderful life that resides within it. Humans as a whole are pretty disgusting, yes this sounds autistic, and yes its edgy but its the truth, we're cancer. We should never have stood upright.

I'd have to say no. Childbirth is a lot more dangerous for humans than other animals, due to us having relatively large heads for our body size.

>can die by eating perfectly good food wrong
It's ironic i'nnit?

As far as I'm aware this isn't exactly a unique trait for humans, though probably not for the same reason.

If I were designing a perfect animal I probably wouldn't have the tube used for eating share the same one used for breathing

if humans are so good at running why does it destroy my knees every time I try to do it

The hell are you talking about?

Because you suck and you're probably fat.

We aren't the dominant form of life on the planet.

At risk of starting a semantic debate, the designs made by evolution are still designs.

>But if you put a human and a velociraptor in the room both naked, the velociraptor would be technically the best designed out of both animals.

lol no it wouldnt, youre implying that both animals would be in a position for survival. the velociraptor may be more agile, quicker, and armed with an array of features allowing it to kill/consume better, but that only proves it's better designed for that specific scenario. How does that prove it to be the better designed animal? Hell, how are dinosaurs the best designed animal?

>We'll be utterly outcompeted by the first aliens we meet.

Please stop with the "humans are barbaric savages who can't hold a candle to extraterrestrial civilizations" meme. It's utterly contrarian, and to assume that, for whatever reason, we're at the bottom of the universal food chain is flawed in numerous aspects imo.

>we're going to destroy the planet and all of the wonderful life that resides within it

lol so
are we born with an innate moral duty to care for other species?

>Humans as a whole are pretty disgusting, yes this sounds autistic, and yes its edgy

This is the only phrase you've typed out that holds any truth so far.

>we're cancer. We should never have stood upright.

?? You do realize any other species in our place would do the same thing right?

Macroscopically, we are. We're Earth's current global superpredator, how does that not make us the dominant form of life on the planet?

but aside from that OP; No. We're not. We're doing alright for ourselves, though.

">we're going to destroy the planet and all of the wonderful life that resides within it

lol so
are we born with an innate moral duty to care for other species?

>Humans as a whole are pretty disgusting, yes this sounds autistic, and yes its edgy

This is the only phrase you've typed out that holds any truth so far.

>we're cancer. We should never have stood upright.

?? You do realize any other species in our place would do the same thing right?"

was meant for

Then how come blacks still say they have bigger dicks?

choking, friendo

Evolution is a blind man playing ping pong.

Humans included.

Wouldn't you need to make at least two offspring to keep your species alive in the long run?

>what is rape

The Barn Owl also apparently mates for life. I live in San Diego county and barn owls are fucking everywhere. They make a god-awful nails-on-the-chalkboard screech every now and then, but I love the big bastards because we have mice in our yard and the average barn owl eats no less than three rodents per night, each.

So there you go, some random facts about a very badass monogamous raptor bird.

Isn't 200,000 years of existence not really that long in terms of species survival? Didn't Homo erectus last for a couple million or something? Not sure, I'm basing this off half remembering

You're right, user. 200,000 years is a relatively short time in the long run, we're still a young species.

this question is better fit for >>Veeky Forums anyway desu

>chronic lower back problems

>vestigial wisdom teeth

>until recently women commonly died in childbirth

>heavy brain case balanced on needle-thin spine

>No natural protection from the elements; relatively hairless naked mole rat look

Yeah, no.

The female human's hips are too narrow, and can cause miscarriages or death via childbirth. I would say no.

Velociraptors as in the meme raptors from the movies or the bird-like ones the size of wolves?

Because like all men, black men have size envy. If only 20% of humans have penises over 7 inches, what makes you think the majority of them are going to be black (except a few African countries where the average really is 7, but there's a few European and South American countries that come close).

t. nig who genuinely wishes he was an inch smaller

Can somebody please create a bullet point list on what aspects in human design is flawed and what realistic solutions based in nature would alleviate human deficiencies.

Why did Erectus last for so long? The last of them were alive when we were heading out to Asia.

dat brain tho

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2819812/

Average african penis length is 7.1 in

Average western penis size is around 5 in

inb4 "my penis is 7in", yes we know. Its called average for a reason. If you're talking abberant, then there are plenty of 10in penis in africa.

Sources please, all i can find is some African nations with either (self-reported) 6,5 inches or around 6 inches. The same length as some European and southern American sizes.

Most African nations seem to be in the same range of 5,5-6 inches as most of Europe.

Based on everything i can find, i would say there is only 0,5 difference at most.

no. humans are pretty much the most bugged large mammal there is. we've evolved pretty late from really different species living in really different ecological niche and we're barely half ready.