>you will never own an Rx7 FD3S

JUST

wait wut

>how to make a car balance at 90/10

>Rx7 FD3S

Just say FD, tryhard.

just get a corvette c5 instead

I know. Such a sad feel.

Honestly there are nice models around me for 20k but i just don't have that kind of money to drop on a toy car (Espesh when my real dream car is a clubman)

Just wait for them to be able to be imported from Japan. Early models can be found for like ~$5000

Corvettes are only good for their engine. Rx7 is much better looking. Fax b

should had just bought a corvette, if you're going to buy an rx7 you're going to need to commit to the rotary that's what is special about the rx7 and you could add more power with turbos/ more rotors

An ls1 is barely heavier than a TT13B, once you factor all the plumbing

thats not my car.

what if the 13b that was in that car was absolutely shot.

Personally I wouldnt LS swap an Rx7 but I can appreciate a clean swap when I see one.

If you go single like most people do the car becomes significantly lighter.

This isn't even true. Why do people keep saying this?

An overpriced unreliable meme mobile, wow what a loss.

I know most of you guys weren't alive when RX7's were still in production, but their reliability was legendarily poor. Only car i could think of that got a worse shake was the 1st gen DSM's.

Seriously, rebuilding the engine every 40,000 miles? Nobody is gonna do that in a country where that's the average mileage people drive every year. So they were constantly broken down.

They're great race cars and nice around a track but they are expensive to own and get terrible fuel economy for the non-existent torque.

I'd much rather a same year Camaro SS.

Welp, this thread is going to be a shitfest.

Grab the popcorn

>rebuilding the engine every 40,000 miles?

Holy shit who would take apart a perfectly good engine every 40k miles?
I'm not sure you could even destroy a rotor in 40k miles unless you ran it without oil or screwed bulk boost into it or something.

laziest b8 I've seen on Veeky Forums. you don't even deserve a (you)

>people acting like a fucking Japanese weeb car is unattainable

Is it summer already?

It's notthe rotors it's the turbos

What nigger

Do you genuinely believe people rebuild these things more than once every 200-250k kms?

You're a real spaghetti monster m8

How did the fd compare to the 911 of that era?

because ls fanboys can't accept that their glorious engine actually ruins literally every car it's put in because the owners are so autistic they literally just spew "muh hp, muh tq" without understanding anything else around engineering.

Not every 40k it's not. Besides, going to a single is an easy option that everyone should be doing regardless. This whole unreliability meme is out of hand.

lol rarely anyone daily drives an Rx7 FD.

>Seriously, rebuilding the engine every 40,000 miles? Nobody is gonna do that

wrong plenty of people do that.

>They're great race cars and nice around a track but they are expensive to own and get terrible fuel economy for the non-existent torque.

100% agree with you but it's still a stupid fun street car to own.

>I'd much rather a same year Camaro SS.

Good for you, I find them to be ugly. i would say most people find them ugly compared to the FD

>Youtuber put an ls3 in his cayman/boxter
>Had almost double it's power
>Even better mpg
...[spoiler] it was even lighter [/spoiler]

what are you saying? that a 200-250k km rx7 will already be rebuilt once and be getting worn out again? sounds about right

A C5 vette is better, at least the gearbox is in the right place - unlike that underdeveloped crock of shite

>once every 200-250k kms
christ are you fucking retarded or is english not your first language?

>Underdeveloped
You mean overdeveloped right?

No, I don't.

Well then you're a sped.

That must be nice.

why was the rx7 consistently faster around tracks than the c5 then?

Hey user, your favourite car is shit

>mfw

1995 Corvette:
Weight: 3,239 lb (1,469 kg)
Horsepower: 250 to 405
Torque:330 to 385 lb-ft
MPG: Up to 17 city / 27 highway
Dimensions: 179″ L x 71-73″ W x 46-47″ H
Wheelbase: 96.2″
Sticker Price of "Top" model: $66,278 (adjusted for inflation)

'95 RX-7
Weight:(2,685–2,954 lb)
Horsepower: 255 to 276
Torque: 217 to 263 lb-ft
MPG: Up to 18 city / 24 highway
Wheelbase: 95.5″
Dimensions: 169″ L x 69″ W x 48″ H
Sticker price of "Top" Model: $63,496 (adjusted for inflation)

yes, tell me again about how the FD was so superior.

see
and see literally any car review comparing the two at the time

FD can turn.

Which has literally nothing to do with reliability, cost of ownership, or fuel economy, which were the points i originally made and was called a troll for making.

For fucks sake, I even said it was an amazing track car. But yes, continue to move the goal posts. I can do it too. Why are corvette's still made and yet RX-7's aren't? (Hint, one is a tried and true concept, the other was failure.)

Way to ruin it, you dunce.

It's not my favourite car, that's for sure.

But also, i like cars with flaws so idk it's characteristics actually just make it more endearing.

see
and stay mad

they are perfectly reliable with < $1000 worth of mods.
>caring about mpgees in a sports car

That's just like, your opinion man.

RX7 last year sold in US was model year 1995
C5 vette came out for model year 1996

Show me a published comparison of the C5 vette against an RX7...

>they didn't come out in the same year so track times cannot be compared
hmm interesting

user made claim that the RX7 was faster than a C5 around a track consistently, I want to see evidence. There isnt anything published that I can find,.. probably because no auto journalist magazine is going to compare a new generation car against a discontinued one you couldnt buy anymore.

why the fuck do you need an auto magazine to do the comparison for you? just look up the track times for both cars and compare them, retard

I was actually comparing the 95 FD to the 95 C4, specifically the "spirit R" vs. the ZR1. Unfortunately there isn't any sort of comparison in lap times between these two cars available, however lap times were not what i was talking about.

Also, if you dont compare track times conducted on the same day, preferrably by the same driver, then the comparison loses relevance.

People who pull who try to draw conclusions otherwise immediately telegraph their lack of experience with driving on a track.

Track times can change drastically within the course of a single day, based on weather conditins and track surface temps alone.

13B-REW weighs around 320 pounds fully assembled (including 26 pounds of intake and 35 pounds of turbo assembly/exhaust manifold)

Aluminum block LS crate engine weighs 418 pounds.

A complete swap will add around 150 pounds to the car, with 100 of that on the front axle. Assuming a starting weight of 2800 pounds, and a starting weight bias of 50/50, that comes out to 1400F and 1400R. After the swap it will be 1525F 1425R, for a total weight of 2950 and a weight bias of 51.7/48.3.

Youve never driven on a track have you?

See

>Aluminum block LS crate engine weighs 418 pounds.
not fully assembled.
also you did not take into account transmission weight and the fact that the ls engine is mounted higher and much further forward than the 13b

Ok thanks for the clarification

A normal FD sure, shit's literally cheap on the Japanese auctions since cunts are afraid of dumping money on rotary maintenance.

>The meme was originally 120,000 miles
>That somehow turned into 120,000 km
>That turned into 80,000 miles
>That turned into 80,000 km
>Apparently that has now turned into 40,000 miles
How long until people start talking about rotaries requiring rebuilds every 25,000 miles?

You'd be lucky to get 20,000 miles out of one of those things. I saw guys rebuilding their's every 15,000 miles. What a ridiculous design, an engine you have to rebuild every 10,000 miles.

>not fully assembled
Yes, fully assembled. Weights for both engines are dry and without accessories. The LS doesn't include manifolds, though.
>also you did not take into account transmission weight
I did. A T56 only adds like 5-10 pounds. The Mazda R-type transmission is god damned fucking heavy. I should know, I've got two in my garage.
> and the fact that the ls engine is mounted higher and much further forward than the 13b
It's not, they mount to roughly the same place. The V8 is about 25-30% longer. I accounted for that in my napkin math.

>Yes, fully assembled
no it isn't. it is closer to 450 fully assembled
>It's not, they mount to roughly the same place
wrong. it would've taken 2 seconds on google to find out this is the case.
>The V8 is about 25-30% longer
look up the lengths of the blocks and get back to me
>I accounted for that in my napkin math.
no you didn't

You should call up Chevrolet and complain about them sending out complete crate engines only partially assembled.

it's a dream of mine to own of these eventually. 19 and neet rn but in around 3 or 4 years ill have the disposable income to own of these. hopefully they don't double in price

>everything you need on an engine comes in one package when you order a crate engine
would be great if this was the case

forgot pic

I have an RX8, that's 1 better than 7.

>look up the lengths of the blocks and get back to me
Oh wow, I based that on my 4 banger. I just looked it up and the LS is almost exactly the same length as the 13B. Not sure if that's the point you were making.

In that case, the 13B weight I provided is incomplete as well because it doesn't include accessories and a harness and whatever else.

kek, where the fuck are you getting your information from that a fully dressed ls motor weighs 400lbs and is the same length as a 13b

>27" vs 16"
Yeah, exact same length

Oops, nevermind. It's 610 mm from bellhousing to crank pulley compared to 506 for the 13B. That's pretty much what I originally claimed.

>bellhousing to crank pulley
>on a 13b
you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. the engine block is 410mm long on a 13b

You're including the alternator in your LS measurement but not the water pump in the 13B measurement. You're not wrong per se, but it's disingenuous at the least.

no, that's comparing the engine blocks (the bulk of the weight), like I initially said you retard.

Okay, so it's 410mm compared to 533mm, which is exactly 30%, and therefore within the 25-30% range I gave earlier.

>what is power delivery for 100$ chris:

>tfw no rotary gf

Survivorship bias
The ones that have lasted this long are likely to keep lasting, as long as they continue to be maintained the same way
The weak have been culled, so to speak

Because it's a fact that LS engines are more light weight and compact than most japanese motors.

Kaisuke fucked up, man. She totally would have been supportive of his racing ambitions. All he would have had to do was not say "fuck off, cunt."

Rotards have yet to give an answer to these two posts.

I know you weren't alive when the RX3 was in production, but its reliability was legendarily good. Only cars I can think of that could match it in grassroots endurance racing are the E30 and MX5.

Seriously, rebuilding an engine every 200 race hours? That's unheard of. People stopped bringing spare engines to races.

This it's also really easy (and quick) to rebuild a rotary compared to a piston engine.

stop making me feel this way

Yeah.....
No

pic related

also,
>gm has never won le mans
top kek

>Seriously, rebuilding the engine every 40,000 miles?
stop posting any time

>that's the average mileage people drive every year
seriously, stop posting

>muh torque
yep, you should definitely stop posting

>40,000 miles
>that's the average mileage people drive every year

lmao holy shit

The way how I understood that, he liked her too and that alone would fuck up his racing.

He would no longer be able to ride "balls to the wall" because in the back in his head he would be careful for her.

Even if she would support him 100% and not take even a second of training time, he drives suicidal when racing, and she would stop him from doing that.

In my headcanon they get together later when they all move to proper/safer legal racing. It's a good headcanon.

YES I WILL
DELET THIS

I'm so jelly

it doesn't always need to be the best car or bang for buck car.
If you don't like the car leave it alone. It is an enthuasiast car and it will always stay one.

Where can I subscribe to you headcanon?

You already did

I actually have one on the way from Japan.

It's due to land this Friday.

2002 Type-R Bathurst. It's a June build so one of the last FD's from the factory.

V excited.

Delet this

Here it is at the docks in Osaka

that one looks sweet

sadly the Germoney cars with LHD are too expensive to ever be able to get one

basically any car worth getting is too expensive here in Germanistan

Got any more
Pics like this?

of fds or generally?

Jap Imports are dirt cheap compared to the German Versions, but I prefer LHD over RHD. Gotta bite the wallet then