/ORG/: Russian Comfy Edition

/org/
>aka 1 day overlanding while eating mcdonald's in your 2wd shitbox general
>aka converting 2wd shitboxes for more money than it would cost just to buy a 4x4 general
>aka taytayposting general
>aka MEW posting general
>aka snowrolling general
>aka mapposting general
zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
>aka birb posting general
>aka russian jimney master race
Let's see your best woodland shots!

Also everyone besides pigenon is welcome in our discord:
discord.gg/SenfAyU

Jeep passed it's WoF, taking it out with a mate next weekend hopefully, and finally got to take it home from my work where it has been for 5 months lol

Finally someone who knows how to make an OP

burb posting general?

NEVEREVER

Lol, this fucking op image.

I have some cool ones.
This jump almost costed guy his front axle.

WAT DE FUCK

>modifying vehicles

>owning a vehicle

hello friends, rate my build

>knowing and understanding the concept of a "vehicle"

Get off this gen and never come back.

>transporting one's self from one location to another

>thinking that you are a single being and the universe expiriencing itself

>existing

>he hasn't transcended into a meme

So a buddy of mine said Murphy needs an "I'm not a rapist" sticker on the back. I thought it was a joke until I saw how it looks parked under a street light in the back of a deserted carpool parking lot.

Ayyyyyyyy! Any progress on the 6.5 swap? Still curious on how you'll get a TCM to speak to an OBD2 PCM in regards to running a FB2 in there.

Russia has mall crawlers? This makes me sad.

Seems unfinished. What does the end game look like?

I have a TCM that will work if I swap to a 91-93 80e. But my 97 80e has stronger internals. (IIRC they upgraded them in 94, 96, and 99) So I need a TCM from a 94+ 6.5 NA van, or I can go aftermarket. Local yard is parting a 94 P30, I need to call them up and see if it's a 6.5.

>Bought an HX35W because I didn't feel like cleaning the H1C to paint it
It's supposed to spool faster but the shaft assembly feels heavier. Could just be bearings aren't broken in? I'll probably put a wicked wheel in it.

Sup /org/, I have some money coming into my hands soon, and I made the decision to trade in my 4WD RAV4 for something a little more hardcore.

Currently I'm trying to decide between a '04 Tacoma, '12 fj cruiser, '03 4runner, and a '99 land cruiser.

Leaning towards the land cruiser or the Tacoma, but I wanted to see what you guys thought, and what things would factor into the decision(room for improvement, cost of upkeep, part availability, integrity overall, etc.)

They are all stock, Tacoma somehow isn't rusted, is at 130k miles. I live in Tennessee and would take it out probably most weekends for respectable trails, but nothing insane. It would also get used for commuting, but that's not a priority.
The land cruiser is an i6, and in pretty decent condition, 150k. The fj is my uncles and he's used it mostly on pavement 110k. The 4runner has 80k, but has some cosmetic damage on both passenger side doors from sideswiping a pole, as well as being owned by a teenager who no doubt drove it like shit.

Unfortunately they are all automatic, so I'm unsure if that means I should not consider any of them. I drove a manual in high school, but automatic since. How important is it for offroading?

They are all decently priced. Mods would come later, and I'm less concerned about their cost than I am the initial investment. Although if someone has advice for ease of modding that would be helpful too.

The Tacoma isn't much more hardcore. You're just trading off wheelbase for a little more suspension travel, mostly in the rear.

I'm not big on yoters but my vote would be for the Land Cruiser.

There are several things I find worrying about your post.
First is the fanboyism coming from looking at vastly different vehicles that are related only by brand name.
The second is that you consider any Toyota "decently priced"
The third and most important, is that you think automatic is a disadvantage on trails. Automatic is an advantage for the predictability and ease of use on trails. Manual is fun to hoon in but let's be real you don't want to be traversing long trails making use of all three feet...

I'm quite new. Yeah I like toyotas, but I figured it wouldnt matter since they are all in good shape. What I should have said instead of decently price is that I'm fine paying what they're all asking. The manual point was a question from ignorance.

I was mainly hoping for advice as to what would make people decide one over the other, as I am not really informed as to what matters.

Basically, I came in because every time I google offroading shit, it's just blogs/forums from wranglers or videos about mods without a lot of explanation.

Obviously you don't want a greyhound bus but length isn't as important as many here make it out to be. They're just fans of small "cute" vehicles and try to justify it. You can wheel any of them. Buy the one you like the most and make it work. All have shortcomings, but that's what mods are for. I've seen Wrangler guys go on about how difficult a trail is and about how great their Wranglers are only to be followed down the same trail by a crew cab F250 taking it with ease.
Buy one. Wheel it. Gain experience. Use that experience to figure out what you'd like to change about the vehicle. Figure out how to change that. Often those mods you didn't understand in the beginning will start to make sense once you have some context as to the purpose behind them.

My biggest issue with Toyota 4x4s is that for what you'd pay for a stock one, you'd have a pretty good build with anything else. Financially they just don't make sense to buy into the years that most people use for this stuff. Paying $6000 for a Toyota when a comparable 4x4 from a different manufacturer is $2000 because you think the Toyota "holds more value" is absolutely retarded, and yet people do it every day. Ignore the brand. Nothing holds more value than something that is already finished depreciating.

I like the ghetto snorkel

>that fucking snorkel

Uaz 469 reportin in

L A N D C R U I S E R

T..thanks desu, can you or anyone else give a probable list of mods that would need to be made for the LC and what I'd be looking at paying?

Is it gud

Nah, only japs do this kind of thing.
Lol i can share some old photos taken by me and of me. These are from 1999, one of the first offroad competition here

Of horse not.

Buying a 3inch add a leaf lift with lower control arms from rough country on my 98 Xj. Does anyone know if the kit is complete or if I'd need anything else? I've never lifted a vehicle before.

Good off-road? yeah, takes me where i want.
the thing about soviet cars like this is that they just don't care too much where you're driving.

Is it comfy? hell no
is it silent? pfft its a soft top.
is it warm? If you wear tulup and ushanka then yes.

But it is hell a' fun to drive!
And parts are dirt cheap.

Could someone plz gib quick rundown on the solid axle vs ifs debate?

No.

Current stage of my build: Unsure of whether or not to upgrade my shitty lift kit(RC 2.2 2.5" kit) to a better brand and 3.5" or put in lunchbox locker up front n selectable in the rear.

no

Just fuck off. Nothing worse than borderline retarded millenials who want their hand held and given a paint by numbers build.

Why lift it more? Low is good for short wheelbase. Want to install bigger tires? You'll need some stronger axles first.

Just skid plate the bottom

Also if/when you upgrade to Dana 60s you can fit bigger tires with no extra suspension lift by trimming the body or buying hiline fenders.

How much is even " some money"?

Also where are you

~$10k at most.
Tennessee.

I will not fuck off, I simply was looking for handout information, never made an attempt at saying I wasn't. Figured since it was a general no one would care

Michigan bro?

Honestly, aesthetic. I would like it to be a little higher. Eventually going to go to a set of 37s once these tires are done (35s right now) I've got a truss/gusset kit for the D30 in the garage I'm waiting for the time off work to burn in.

I have been tossing around the idea of building up some one ton axles for some time but who knows really. Know a guy selling a set for $600 an hour away from here, deciding factor here is how much I'm willing to dig in and tear apart a '14 which right now isn't very much.

Could run 40s right now without any issues since I cut the stock fenders and run low offset rims other then eventually grenading my front axle...

Ontariobro
I think hes got the yellow YJ

Buy an XJ sitting on 33-35 tires for under $5000 (lots of them around with solid bumpers) and use the other $5000 to buy a daily.
Use your rav 4 money to maintain both of them for the next 3 years (depending on how "fun" you want the daily)

Do you happen to know where I can find an LSD for the Dana 60 in my ferd? Back axle btw

>tfw no qt suzuki to lift

Why the ever living fuck do you want to do that. Aren't you poor?

>have '89 MJ project
>considering finally selling my bought-new econobox daily for a '99-01 XJ (fixed heads of course)
How stupid is this
How terrible would my luck have to be for the crank sensor to go out on both at once

With 37s you'll eventually pop a rear axle shaft. Unfortunately for you the rear axle is not full floating, so the wheel will walk it's way out once the axle shaft breaks. That's one of the many upsides of 1 ton axles, full float rear, so if you break an axle shaft, which is unlikely, you can still drive out.

With 40s your axles would barely hold together on the street. That Dana 30 won't like 37s at all either. Don't waste money on either stock axle, just save up for the rock jock Dana 60s that just bolt in using the stock suspension setup, they have the brackets already welded on for them to bolt right in. That's the easiest way to upgrade axles, regular one tons are not super expensive to buy, but once you've rebuilt them, regeared them and installed lockers and new brackets to bolt them under your jeep you'll be in at the same price or lower then just buying a prebuilt rock jock Dana 60. Plus then you have to run 8 lug wheels, with the rock jock axles they will use the same stock 5 lug so you can keep running your current wheels.

I love it!

What spline axle shafts is it?

Long story short, no one that wants to do serious offroading should have IFS. If all your doing is basic overlanding it'll do what you want though. (Pack some extra joints)

baja senpai

didn't we tell you faggots a while ago that driving in the sand off road really fast isn't offroading? fuck outta here

baja is a form of off road
no it's not crawling
crawling isn't the only version of off road
fucking retard

Unless you're running 50+mph through the desert, SFA > IFS

If you tell someone with IFS that SFA is better their defense is that they don't "need" SFA. But that's moving the goalposts. No one NEEDs SFA, it's just better.

Could I still do 50+ in the desert? As in is the IFS simply better in that case, or completely necessary for safety?

IFS is better for that case, but is not required. Just have to be extra careful with the suspension and and steering geometry to ensure you have ZERO bump steer

I enjoy the fact that both /ORG/s (one capped and this one) have now both resulted into IFS shitposting.

We strongly need some sort of copy pasta to settle the debate in one post instead of 50

>not having ifs AND irs

fucking plebs

>no dual i beams tho
lmao

i'll take $400 for "prerunner questions", alex

>Not having 6wd with air lockers.
>not being a diesel
>not having 340:1 gearing reduction
>not having 42 inch tires
> not being on full floated axles
>Not serving in vietfuckingnam
>not carrying 5 tons of cargo, 30 troops and towing a howitzer
Fucking pleb

>howitzer
>vietnam
Thanks for pruning the trees in the jungles, user

>6wd of air lockers
>5 hours of inflation and deflation
nah

This one's not shitposting though.

yet

Aww, what, you think I'm using arbs compressor? I got 120psi on tap. And pruning trees? I rip those bitches down. Enjoy playing in the sand box.

So far so good, IFSfag.

>His front suspension isn't a strong independent black woman

I have a solid jeep. But nice try, IFSfag :^)

>be downtown
>no parking spaces in parallel park area
>pull an acura in front of a fire hydrant with my 20k lb winch
>park where he used to be
Damn /org/ life is comfy

Bronco II or Ranger for offroading? Which is the better platform? Which will be cheaper to maintain?

>5 bros with matching cars...
>wait, only 4 cars

what's that one dude doin

>specifies bronco generation
>doesn't specify which generation ranger despite it having a longer year of service
Also why something from GM or Toyota?

Skele-truck

I was rec'd a bronco by my buddy for their durability because he has one but he also owns a miata so I'm not sure to trust his advice.

What dirt cheap cars do you rec then?

We already settled it several times over... It just keeps coming back up though. The people that bring it up aren't even beating a dead horse anymore. It has already gone through a meat grinder and sold as Prime meat at a "suspiciously low price". The people bringing this debate up are just swinging clubs at nothing at this point.

Dat turbo

That really looks fun! I wish we did stuff like that where I live.

Those bronco and k5s are pretty good if you can find them without rust. Both are great vehicles. What's your budget? Our resident swiftposter has more information since he's the fordcuck here.

About 1k since I'm still paying off school and I plan to use this as a weekend hoon wagon

What does /org/ think about an off-road miata for shits and giggles?

Will cost around $5000 to upgrade with the appropriate tires and lifts and bumper guards. 1k will not be enough to buy and maintain (especially with the off chance of a used vehicle requiring some fix) and old offroader.

The lift kits I'm looking at for Miata's are pretty steep, I might just stick to a bronco or K5 depending on what's available.

>tfw no baja bug under 1500 in your area

for $1500 it'll be rusty as shit. buy it and run it into the ground. the most fun offroaders are the ones you can slam at 15mi into a tree and not care about. good luck user

I'd argue that the best offroaders are ones that aren't totaled when you do dumb shit with them even if you're not worried about them. $1500 is a good chunk of money.

put a solid bumper with a stinger on any offroader with rock guards and strong skid plates and that's the point

i was just pointing out that due to the rust, you can bump into trees and rocks with them and not care about the dents you make. don't go driving into large stumps tho

IS
THIS
BLUE
MEMELORD
CRUISER
GAL

Welcome to baneposting general. First rule is you don't get to bring friends. Second rule is not to tell anyone anything.

ppl are using him now?

Yes. The fire rises, brother.

no but i am

sup faggot

>saving my ebin memes without asking

oops forgot my ebin meme

what ebin memes you cuck

>forgetting your ebin memes
you deserve to be robbed and your truck deserves to be shot

>he says while posting another one of my ebin memes

pls no