Rate My Car

Parents got me a used 2000 BMW Z3 convertible as a graduation gift. Got 130,000 miles and cost them $5,300. What does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

zroadster.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

manual or auto

Is this the one with the shitty engine?

Not much of a sports car but i suppose it'd be a comfy cruiser, the looks leave a lot to be desired but hey that's subjective.

Nah user that's pretty accurate. Literally the ugliest bmw series I've ever witnessed.
It's not an attractive roadster.

I think that you have awesome parents and you should respect that fact and not drive it like a faggot or rice it out. Also if it's not a manual you are now gay OP, congratulations.

Auto-verts are for women only.

Sell it and buy it for something fun and Japanese.
Or be laughed at by the opposite sex.
>He must be compensating for something
>Laughing girls.jpg

Auto

Nah, this is the later revision with the V6. Lots of power feels great to drive.

You got fucked.

buy something fun or japanese*
Seriously though OP please sell this.

>V6

Its an I6 retard. Open the damn hood.

>Autotragic convertible roadster

>auto
its garbage. The automatic they paired with this is awful for that engine
>v6
it's an inline six. if you want to keep it running well you're going to need to learn to wrench
it's probably the 2.8, which is actually a decent engine actually

i mean...you could manual swap it, but it's tough

True dude, I adore my parents. I would've probably preferred a manual but the fact that im able to have a car like this is nice, so im not complaining.

Mfw OP is not only autotragic but knows next to dogshit about cars

All good OP, I drive a manual v6 mustang so we'll be in the same boat for a while. Although I bought it with my own cash and can fit a 10ft ladder in the thing.

Im not afraid to admit it, its true. Cars are a new hobby for me.

i wouldn't thank them just yet. without knowing how to wrench a z3 will start clawing at your wallet since you won't know common issues or easy repairs and will probably go to a dealer for everything

if you fix everything yourself, it's not too bad

I could just get Veeky Forums to tell me how to do it. Right guys?

>this
Euro maintenance is no joke.
I kinda agree with the user that reccomends a jap shitbox.
You look young and if you're parents are handing you cars you probably can't afford to live with an older german car.
The fact that it's auto makes it even worse.

>your*
Ftfy euro cars aren't even hard

No OP, go here zroadster.org/ or here www.bimmerforums.com/forum/

Veeky Forums will just call you a faggot and post benchracing stats of how a miata is faster than your """""sports"""""" car.

no
go to the z3 forums and start reading

actually wait, shit, you need to find the previous owner quickly and get as much information from him/her as possible as to what they fixed and when. otherwise you're flying blind

assuming you
>can wrench yourself, or learn how to
>have basic tools, or purchase them
>have a space to work on the car
>have a history of what components were replaced and when
>have a working knowledge of common issues with that specific engine and chassis and are willing to replace things before they break
it'll actually treat you really well and cost well under a grand per year to maintain

>Car a ugly shit
Looks like it has downs syndrome

Thanks all for the advise. Im going to be living with my parents throughout community collage. My dad is good with German and Italian cars. He can help me fix some minor stuff and help pay for any maintenance. (Im not trying to sound like a snob with rich parents. Im very thankful for my parents willingness to help me financially.)

It'd be leagues more beneficial to just start fixing shit yourself. If your father has not taught you anything about cars by college* he'll probably not teach you anything now. Unless you were one of those faggots that never hanged around their dad when he wrenched. Still though, learn it yourself.

t. college graduate fag that was in the same place 4 years ago

I take offense to that, as a florist with a turbo Saab 9-3 convertible.

I am disgustingly gay though