Whos got the right of way here?

Whos got the right of way here?

If you're at a solid line, you yield, if you're not at a solid line you have the right of way. Pretty simple.

The American tourist.

this a parking lot or some shit?

Just give way to your right. It's not hard.

the one that isn't driving on the wrong side of the street

This is why New Zealand's fucked

All these fucken pommys coming into the country and getting into the Transport Ministry and building fucken roundabouts

I can barely work out how two laned ones work let alone this shit

The person coming from the right. Easy.

1. Give way to your right.
2. Don't turn right from the left lane or left from the right lane.

I do.

The one in the roundabout.

Satan

In Italy we're literally full of roundabouts.
The right of way is of the one who takes it. It's literally that simple.

>I can barely work out how two laned ones work let alone this shit

How to use a European roundabout...paths are marked.

>Whos got the right of way here?
They need to make roundabouts a required part of american driving exams. But they aren't on the exams.

Doesn't matter; not enough cars to require 'right of way'. Just change your speed so you don't hit each other, and you're fine.

It's literally marked on the road...

The 'american tourist' route to exiting a magic roundabout?
> I've been here for days, this car's so fuel-efficient I've only used half a tank, and thank god I was able to get someone to deliver pizza from a scooter through the window.
> He didn't speak english, though, so he couldn't give me directions off the roundabout.
> Just kept shouting 'turn left, turn left'...

>tfw I learnt to drive in the town this roundabout is in.
it actually works quite well, and the best part NO FUCKING TRAFFIC LIGHTS

on this roundabout both paths are fine.

How the fuck does it work?

we have a saying

I have a similar thought process when it comes to all junctions.
The trick is to minimize the time you spend in them - less time spent in the roundabout means equally less time for accidents to happen.

By going 150mph when the speed limit is 20, you increase the chance to avoid accidents by a whooping 750%.

My logic is not flawed. "Speeding kills" is the ultimate meme.

As an American, do people actually have problems with these? They're so much more convenient than 4-ways. Plus it's fun to go in a circle.

>As an American, do people actually have problems with these?
Do you mean regular roundabouts or big-ass roundabout hubs?

They are very problematic when driving an unfamiliar car, in an unfamiliar place, driving right hand drive when you are used to being lefthand, on the wrong side of the road, and theres 3 lanes in the roundabout with stoplights mixed in.

It was an absolute cluster fuck trying to figure that shit out. That being said after a few days you get the hang of it and its no big deal.

>t. american who rented a car in UK last summer

The thing about that roundabout is that it looks scary as fuck. Like it would stab you if you get close to it. But when I look at it bit by bit, it might be much simpler than it feels.

First of all, driving in a roundabout is easy as hell. Can you drive into the roundabout without colliding with another car entering/on the roundabout? Yes, drive in, no, stay out.

Then in this roundabout, you should probably just take the exit that is most towards the path you want to go and keep driving into a roundabout normally and then choosing the right exit. When I think about what kind of a route I should take if I come in from one street and exit to another, it feels kind of obvious what route would be ideal.

I imagine the difficulty for me would be the fact that you need to drive everything in the opposite direction.

me