/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 5th:
AD 62 – Earthquake in Pompeii, Italy.
756 – An Lushan, leader of a revolt against the Tang Dynasty, declares himself emperor and establishes the state of Yan.
1597 – A group of early Japanese Christians are killed by the new government of Japan for being seen as a threat to Japanese society.
1859 – Wallachia and Moldavia are united under Alexandru Ioan Cuza as the United Principalities, an autonomous region within the Ottoman Empire, which ushered the birth of the modern Romanian state.

>News
CK2 DD38 - My kingdom for an interface
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Italo-Ethiopian_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.

ded game dead therad

>40 memes early
I knew I should have made a new thread at 700

CK2 East Asia Expansion WHEN

t. Andy

BASED

what's your checksum?

What's the warscore to make peace in a coalition, as I can't see any reason why they aren't making peace yet

As long as the leader accept it, any.

"7dd8"

You sure you are putting mods in the right place? Cause it doesn't sound like it.

That doesn't sound right.

Does this look right
How would I fix?

*vomits*

t. Andy

Let's add in the American continent and Antartica while we're add it. Have Santa Claus invade Europe with his 250k stacks of reindeer hordes.

Its not like the developers are already throwing away the series credibility by adding succubi and ilerminaty societies in the year 874 by producing a $29,99 costing DLC combined with yet another game breaking patch.

t. Alexy Grandy

No, it's not right. They go in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod

>Have Santa Claus invade Europe with his 250k stacks of reindeer hordes
Santa is literally Odin so that's unironically what the Old Gods start is for

Well, that's the thing, I have tried putting them there, too, and it still didn't work

What the fuck? Why are there so many fucking provinces? Is the whole map like this?

La Plata

Can someone explain the immortality quest to me?
I forgot to turn off magic shit, a little brown girl came to my court and taught me about immortality and whatnot.

Now I'm at the last quest, she gives me some sort of herb tea and tells me it's time to become immortal

I have three options:
>drink tea and attempt to meditate myself into immortality
>don't drink tea and attempt to meditate myself to become immortal without it
>abandon quest

Option 1 results in me dying and being reborn into a child's body. It's shit.

Option 2 just says I "get possessed by a strange spirit", the mystic leaves my court and the quest is over as far as I can tell.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone actually being immortal, what am I missing?
Is it a stat check?

Was Helsinki really 28% Swedish in 1836?

yeehaw

yes

>Its not like the developers are already throwing away the series credibility by adding succubi
Is Dark World an official expansion now?

Proof?

no

There's no way to pressure your warleader to sue for peace right?

Proof?

Based Erdogan

>he didn't inherit burgundy and blob into Holland for Austrian colonies

Yeah as a dictatorship you can do whatever you want, but the event still happens as an absolute monarchy.

Well that's where it should be. Maybe you named your "mod" folder to "mods" our maybe it's your checksum. I think your checksum is wrong. You should either verify the installation or download from another place.

>no PU with Hungary
>no Burgundian inheritance
>Italy out of the HRE
>allying with Bohemia
>allowing Bohemia to annex HRE members
>losing a land war as Austria
>letting Ottomans take provinces in Hungary

SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS PLAYTHROUGH
0/10 KYS

how can you even lose as Austria, honestly?

based freme

Mod folder is properly named, I will try a download from somewhere else and see if that helps.
Thanks for the help lad, truly appreciated

hugg me buds

It's 1740. When should I start playing as the 13 colonies? Should I just switch over or should I just release them peacefully for ez mode?

>The Swedish Aristocracy is starting to get butthurt because they want reforms
>Literally everyone else has 0 militancy, no reform desire and is totally happy with my rule

>Italy was reigned in
>0 manpower when I could have claimed bohemian throne
>Bohemia was my ally and they annexed once leagues were founded
>removing religious centres when hungary was at war and only lost at the end
>PU war with hungary when religious centres started
Second proper playthrough of them, what else would you advise that doesn't require savescumming and can be done in 1

le Sami Aristocrat may may

>Man that'll be so easy just capture Brandenburg and the war will end
NO IT DIDN'T, we're like 10 years later here, eahc 1PM can field 20 stacks somehow with rebels at home in all provinces
I'm just going to look up console commands at this point

Caribou Count.

>6 Samis earn more than 2320 Swedes

any console command to stop a war between two nations which I don't control in eu4?

Some players can have the HRE completely centralized by the 1510's

>I'm just going to look up console commands at this point

Pathetic. You're the reason Victoria 3 is going to be even more casualized than HoI4.

I don't know why but tiny pops always seem to get way more money than bigger pops

>oy vey remember the 6 samis goy

hip

No I mean when we are winning the war by more than 50 and my ally still refuses a white peace even though he has a balanced persoanlity and half his lands are occupied I call BS, also when Brandenburg is fully occiupied and yet does not sign for peace
And those who centralise in 1510 savescum and arne't having fun

yes

But of course Ironman mode, even when it's not letting me get achievments won't lewt me use the fucking console

Alright lads im going to attempt to get the extended timelines mod on a pirated eu4 version, wish me luck

>Let's add in the American continent
they should desu, but there should be no contact between the americas and the old world, it should only be there to simulate a historic path towards the eu4 converter

*buds*

tag to one of them, type winwars then end the war

DON'T CHEAT

Am I groß enough already? All human factions and kingdoms are under the Empire.

>not playing ironman
babby

I unified the HRE in ~1660 as Austria, even without having the Burgundian inheritance.

Restart, play ironman.
- allies:
1. Hungary (you want them to remain strong for your PU)
2. Castille/aragon (depends on starting rivals - Castille better in long run because Iberian Wedding, Aragon more useful before this),
3 Poland/Bohemia/Brandenburg (poland best to curb Ottomans, Bohemia strongest but will turn heretic on you later, Brandenburg not really useful),
4. Milan/Savoy/Liguria (useful for trade power, but mostly needed to be able to fight Venice/Papal state).

Gameplan:
- Before 1490: Keep Italy in the HRE. Annex or vassal-annex Venice and the Papal state. the event for HRE-italy has ended, release Rome or vassal-release the Papal State

Burgundian inheritance is luck based for a part, cant help too much with this
Bohemian PU is an event, so don't bother too much with it
Hungary PU should come quite quickly, 1550 at last I guess

Curb Ottomans if you have strong allies (feed hungary provinces you can't afford to core, like Wallachia etc).
Do not allow blobbing in the HRE. The more independent princes, the easier your throne is to keep, and the more income you get from it.
Make 100% sure to win the religious war in the HRE (should be quite easy most of the time, but if you're unlucky you suddenly fight this against Bohemia, Ottomans, France and Muscovy).
If you want to blob, do it outside of the HRE (or at least leave the Princes intact, do not take annex members).
Stay friendly with the electors

ideas: Influence,Diplomatic,Religious, sprinkled with military ideas of your choosing.
between 1600 and 1700: easy unified HRE

No

How do you embrace institutions faster?

t. João Moacir da Silva

Dumping all your monarch points in a single province.

Oh you don't have the Common Sense DLC?

Too bad kiddo, should have bought it for only $14,99

Why is paradox so jewish?

>70 posts in and the thread ACTUALLY contains vicky posts
Best thread in weeks desu. EU4 posters RAUS

Because there are enough retards out there that actually buy the $318,14 worth of DLC.

Never forget that its 0.15% of mobile gamers that make up for over 50% of the revenue.

Go to the options and have the AI go to peace whenever possible turned to yes. I keep it on no until I want them to stop and then swap it when theyre like 60%+ so they end the war.

I am playing ironman you retard
Bohemia is still catholic and even removed protestand provinces captured in wars
got all land for Reign in and did
I tried to get hungary PU one generetion early but then they hated me
I went diplomatic, offensive, religious
Always been emperor
Steer the content like you steer trade, just spam m8

That's actually impossible too, as each developement mana only brings it up 1%, so you'd need to "develop" a province 100 times before it got bigly.

doing wil lupdate when peace is made

That's false, you will get an exceptionally increasing amount of institution mana every time you dump monarch points. Check the little book on the province screen.

I dont need to reset for changes to take affect irght

I dont think so. But in reality its like smashing the A button when catching a pokemon. There is no way to prove that it does anything so... It might just only work when the war is close so if youre losing one sided it might not help.

I didn't pussy out, I just made the game go its rightful course

no it's around 2000 mana, which is way less than 100 times.

In a horde coop I think the oirat player developed an arid drylands province for both feudalism and renaissance and got it up to around 50-60 development.

You know you can just tag over to a war leader and end the war that way right?

Tagging requires console commands and is thus disabled in Iron man mode right?

Yea but you have achievements disabled so I figured its not iron man.

W&B

Yeah I said I have ironman on but achievements disabled for some reason

>you know you can just cheat right

Thats what he did, he switched it so that AI makes peace easily when he was losing a war. Only difference is that tagging happens instantly.

>italians
>losers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Italo-Ethiopian_War

How much did you have to blob/console command to get that done?

Zombiemod lad. I got the French Cultist flag you wanted.

It's a play on the hourglass from the memento mori again. I thought the symbol would look nice on a flag so I made it.

Don't worry, for the USA I'll do something more related to Millerism like you requested.

DELET THIS

>console commands

lad what do you take me for, a cheater?

>italy

>No Malta

>zombies would form nation states
What the fuck am I seeing here, lad? Have you had another accident?

Does anyone know how to activate DLC on a mac?

HPM has got to fix that Russia balkanization.
>cossacks forming a state
>tartaristan
>ural state
>all those caucasus niggers