/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Disowned:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143026
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Bosses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lore solved.

second for pilgrims of dark was the best invasion covenant

Reminder to bread bakers:
post the previous thread as a separate post due to tripfag filter

It is rare for an NPC to actively lie to the player [hello Petrus], but that doesn't mean they themselves couldn't be saying what they believe is truth, only it's based on faulty information.
It is perfectly possible that not even Yorshka herself know her heritage very well. I mean, she doesn't even rightly know what a bird is. The game provides plenty of a case to treat what she says as more smoke and mirrors than strictly the complete truth.

But this is getting into the realm of fan theories that are better left unsaid unless we want to dredge down that path, which we probably don't.

I'm new to these thread, what does that mean?

>But this is getting into the realm of fan theories that are better left unsaid unless we want to dredge down that path, which we probably don't

Yeah... I'm gonna pass. Thanks, though.

That would require at least a full minute before the links can be posted in either thread, one to tell users to migrate and another to link back to the previous thread.

The thing that makes me not trust everything that Yorshka says, is that the description on her chime says that it was Gwyndolin who named her. If she really were one of Gwyn's children, then she would already have a name.

>tfw /dg/ is going to be killed by the nioh general and For honor all the while it has one last DLC before actually ending

Goodbye fags, I don't care much for the DLC at this point since none were good since DS1.

>tfw you get your normie friend to pick up DS3 and he says the game sucks because he can't mash buttons to kill Iudex

There are multiple generals which have to get re-made since they get no posts till page 10 and this isn't one of them as far as I've seen, it's fine, don't be a drama queen.

>robes of vecna + improved alacrity.webm

Why would Destiny players abandon their game in order to flock to a completely unrelated PS4 exclusive?

>That would require at least a full minute before the links can be posted in either thread, one to tell users to migrate and another to link back to the previous thread.
true, but at least the general doesn't get filtered for linking to him

Really? I wish I had gotten invaded in the Chasms then, I never did.

Considering the only reason to buy a PS4 is for exclusives, I'd imagine any exclusive medieval simulator would get their attention. Won't stop them from coming back for the DLC though, if only to lay the corpse to rest.

Personally, I'm waiting for Kingdom Come. I don't care if it isn't an exclusive, it's made by guys who actually know how to make and use real armor and weapons. That counts for something.

Apparently the WA was changed to Charge but it won't let me do it.

This seems like actual fun. Obviously doesn't work online?

I think that's all for movelist changes. He gave Wolnir's Sword Morne's WA but I don't have that weapon.

some anons are autistic and attach a name (plus "tripcode") to everything they post on an ANONYMOUS INTERNET ANIME IMAGEBOARD
some other anons are autistic in a different way and filter all posts by and responses to tripfags

if the OP links to a previous OP that was created by said autismal nameuser, the second group of autists wont see it because their filters will consider it a response

>pcuck admits bloodborne is his favourite game of all time after finally investing in a ps4

welp! why are you guys so poor btw?

It does. All players would need to have the patch enabled though. Apparent;y there's a password for the arena (Patch) but I'm not sure how populated it is.

I'll give you a rundown

>all summon slots are replaced with invasion slots
>host can be invaded by up to 3 invaders at once (up to 5 in sotfs)
>host cannot go through boss fog until all invaders are dead
>NPC enemies can attack invaders and host even without using a giant seed
>invaders are sent home with rewards if they kill the host or another invader
>host gets effigies and ascetics for each invader they kill
>invaders can have red or blue auras depending on ranks in BoB/BS, and look like dragon spirits when wearing black dragon stuff
>abyss phantom color is technically a phantom color, and can be overwritten by ring of the living
>abyss invasions don't count as sins, so that one ultra greatsword doesn't lose damage from it

>tfw you could do this webm in das2 just by equipping the right gear to become immune to magic damage
>tfw doing that in the arena and running into pure sorcspammers

Oh wow, that's pretty cool actually.
I'll probably give it a try after DLCII and after confirmation that this doesn't softban you.

Who the fuck lets a tripfag make a general?

>after almost 2 years of drooling over YouTube videos

Sounds like he was already invested in it even before the PS4.

Could someone confirm if the 4K user was posting here yesterday?

/dsg/, apparently

it is a degenerate community with tripcodes and discord drama

Nobody lets him. Nobody lets him breathe either, but he keeps doing it.

memories, eh?

literally who

wow

Will you retards stop responding to this platform war bullshit. I want /v/ to leave.

These threads are pretty much just a indefinite spiral of posting bait and getting (You's)

God damn Oceiros is resistant to magic...

God damn Old Demon King is resistant to fire...

trap him behind the one corner with the tree and roots and throw firebombs until he dies.

>not running pyromancies on the side for cases just like that

>ocieros
>pyromancy

I know right, I summoned Cuculus on my pyromancer playtrough she just kept dying, because she too is a pyromancer.

But Oceiros isn't optional for me, so I guess I have to punch him to death. Feels stupid for a sorcerer run.

Nah.
I already have the dark hand for situations like this, just annoying to rely on other stuff as a sorcerer.

My fiance bought me DS3 and Bloodborne (Both for ps4), and She'll be coming back in 4 days. (I've played DS1 and 2) But still. Any advice?
>inb4 'git gud'

Play das3 first.

just play the games cunt

Can i have your gf?

poke a hole in the condom so she gets pregnant and has to stay with you forever

That's so flattering

There any way I can reach at least 33.8 poise without Havel's Ring?

>Any advice?
marry her

>decide to help people a little bit in carthus
>summoned
>host is wearing full fallen knight with dark chestpiece
>farron meme sword
>spike shield, so he must've killed siegward
>doesn't stand in my warmth
>gets killed by the deathball.

You don't lose the shield when you toss Siegward's armor down the well. You can get two of them per playthrough.

You don't meet the base reqs

It'd help if you posted your weapons, faggot

>100's of hours across DS1/DS3
>just invaded for the first time
I've been doing it wrong.

Can't change my weapons. I can only change armor or shave off stats through Rosaria.

>invading in farron keep for about 2 months now
>honest to god 95% of hosts with fallen knight headpiece at minimum
>ALL turboshitters that lose their minds when I start sniping them from across the swamp while remaining both invisible and silent
Is there any other set in the souls series that became the official "shitter" set so quickly upon release? Seems after the first weak the set had already become infamous.

Will do.

Your weapons have weight though, we can't help you if you don't show them

literally just post the link to the mugenmonkey page user

Nioh and For Honor will never bring the same feeling as dark souls though.

curved sword R2 is also broken, players arm bends in an impossible way and clips his head

Every souls game has a shitter uniform.
>DaS1
>garg helmet
>DaS2
>vengarl helmet + full drangleic set
>DaS3
>fallen knight
haven't played DeS at its prime and haven't seen anything like that in BB

What are some good str weapons? I'm really fucking tired of all those shitty straight swords and weeb katanas.

Also one handed thrust attacks with ultra greatswords practically snap the player wrist in half

DAEMON FISTO

>I summoned Cuculus on my pyromancer playtrough she just kept dying, because she too is a pyromancer
Cuculus doesn't cast fire spells, she only uses poison and flash sweat. She's actually pretty great so long as you can keep the boss off her since poison racks up tons of damage against him. Or just pour toxic mist all over him and watch his hp bar wither and die.

BB was Yahargul set.

>DaS1
>garg helmet
>DaS2
>vengarl helmet + full drangleic set

What's the story behind these choices? I have never kept up with the fanbase very much prior to III so I have no idea.

I thought I's would be the Artorias Set?

Yea but I meant how quickly. Not sure about garg helmet, but didn't it take at least more than a couple days for people to realize how fucked up vengarls/drangleic set was? Fallen knight seemed to become a shitter set the very second people found it.

didn't stop her from dying.

Also her poison does nothing against the boss, so all she amounts to is, just boosting the boss' HP, which makes your job harder if you're trying to keep her alive.

Did I do good?

Trying to get to that point with the current weapon set.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/143026

>BB was Yahargul set.
Probably from the sheer physical defense of it. I really like it for the design and making Yahar'gul Defectors, but I would imagine the main Hunter's set to be the shitter's choice garb

First heavy armor you get in the game without farming. That's it.

Artorias set is late game and takes actual effort.

>poison does nothing
You're on drugs, user. Poison does percentile damage, and against bosses that's between 20-30 hp per tick.

dark souls 1 - bandit

vitality 20
endurance 20

scholar of the first sin - explorer

20 vigor
20 endurance
26 adaptability

Bloodborne - Noble Scion if you like guns, Cruel fate if you like guns that are thinly veiled as magic, military veteran if you despise guns and magic.

30 vitality
20 endurance

dark souls 3 - warrior
27 vigor
20 endurance

depending on what type of character you want you can go pure strength, pure dex(skill in bb), or both (quality). Strength generally leans towards heavy weapons, but can use extremely overpowered greatshields. Dex weapons are faster, more specialized weapons like rapiers or spears. Quality weapons sacrifice everything over versatility. Generally longswords and halberds.

For all games: Endurance never goes over 40, Vitality doesn't go over 50. No point in either of these can be wasted before you hit those softcaps. Don't put stats in anything other than your HP stat, endurance, strength, or dex (adaptability in das2) until you are much more familiar with the game(s)

I really hate how this huge stupid sheath ruins an otherwise really cool weapon.

God damnit, I am dying on Oceiros.

How the hell do pvp twinks get to NG+2 at SL much lower than mine? I tip my mitre to those guys.

>poison does damage
I mean it's alright against bosses but it would help if not every boss was immune to it. Also, it does fuckall against mobs, the poison infusion is never worth it. Might as well just keep a normal weapon and throw on a rotten pine resin once in a while.

I am familiar with the games. I have 350 hours on DS2 with ONE character, and I have 230 hours on DS1

No twink is good enough to beat the game at low SL, so they cheat the rings in

made it sound like you played them but never beat em desu

s-sorry

Most bosses aren't immune to it, though? Even Wolnir can be poisoned, and he's literally a skeleton. You just have to keep them in place long enough for it to activate is all, and for some bosses that can be tricky.

Poison is for bosses when you don't want to fight. Layer on toxic and poison (use storyteller staff for poison, it's better), and they'll die with no effort at all.

Against ODK while you're against the clock since she has low HP and estus, that's very small

Ditto. Dropped it from my spellsword build because it just didn't match any other part of it.

Why does DaS2 have the most armors out of any Souls game?

You're talking to a ng+12, 100Mil SM
Bow, bitch
Just kidding, it's okay, thanks for the advice, user!

I don't know man, I've never had that problem and always found her helpful. Poison rocks in pve.

Doesn't help if you're a pyromancer, with fire being your main damage source.

I have no problem keeping her alive on any other playtrough, but that was the one I decided to actually summon her, because I was in NG+2 and heard I have to keep her alive to get a weapon and some outfit, which just so happened to be my pyromancer playtrough.

they had way too much funding given the relatively low successful of dark soroos one and hired way too many bored developers

das2 could've been so much better if it didn't focus on the meme of dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over and losing your souls again and again and again and again and again

Why aren't you using toxic mist or dark fire orb if you're a pyromancer? ODK is weak to those.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Bosses
Not really. A lot of them don't even make sense. Abyss watchers is immune to poison. But the most annoying part is how everything bows down to bleed, it's insane.

I did.

I even got rused into trying storyteller's staff, but all of those things damaged the ODK too slowly, and Cuculus loved getting smashed by his big mace.

Watchers are surrounded by a poison swamp so there's that.

>people editing misinformation into fextralife

I hate my job.

The answer to your question is "dark" enemies and bosses (pus of man, monstrosity of sin, abyss watchers, etc) are immune to poison but weak to bleed.

Just use the armor optimizer. It's just under required souls.

>linking to kekstralife.
>working for kekstralife

Honestly, if people would stop editing in every rumor they hear on reddit without at least double checking in the game first, it wouldn't be a problem. It's the popularity that kills it.

Of course, bullshit is regularly posted here too, so it's less any one place and more a constant tide of misinformation everywhere.

Well shit thanks.