First car

I'm buying my first car, and i'm having a price range to about 7500$. As cars is expensive here is a little limited what i can get. I want a car with at least 200 HP and nice comfort. Any recommendations?

What do you think of a 1998 Mercedes S-class W220?
m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=90525617

Terrible choice. Maintenance is going to suck, and the car is probably stuffed with shit you don't need distracting you while you're learning to drive. Focus on something smaller, cheaper, and more forgiving.

Seconded. The maintenance costs will kill you if the insurance for that doesn't already.

Get a civic for 3k

lmao good luck when anything out of the ordinary happens to that car. Garage mechanics will fuck you in the ass while holding hands and tickling the balls of your insurance company

Mercedes Service will LOVE you. Cost too much to maintain.

Sauce of info u ask?
- I had one...

Get a used 5 door hatch that was cheap when new. Good mpg, reliable, and plenty of space for friends and stuff.

>old Mercedes soon at 300 000km
>rust
>gone its entire life in Oslo seemingly
>sold by a guy named Milo

Sounds terrible. Dont go for some aged luxury vehicle with too much old technology that is both a pain in the ass aswell as expensive to fix.

Get something cheap and sensible like a Toyota Avensis/Corolla, Skoda Octavia or similar in good shape, and drive it until you've saved up to buy something newer and in better shape, or you have a larger cash reserve incase of severe repairs on an old Mercedes or similar

Just dont be that guy. Dont blow all your money on a seemingly perfect vehicle, only to find that its shit and you now have a broken car & absolutely no money

If u want a merc get an e or c class. They are much cheaper and running costs wont fuck u in the ass

Great choice user
A lot of them come prestanced these days .

Buy a cheap and good condition car. For a first car.

Why is there always "should I buy this high mileage luxury brand car as my first car?" threads?

>20 years old car
ebin

nothing wrong with a 20 year old car

but a 20 year old mercedes? JUNK

subtle, I like your posting style

>first car
>probably has no experience wrenching
>wants a 20 year old S Class

At least look at an LS400 or something

Because the teenagers who post these threads don't know anything about cars

They will buy an old piece of shit with terrible fuel economy simply on the basis of "muh horsepower"

Cant find any of those here tho

How about you look to your neighbour and buy yourself a Volvo 740 or 940?
The 2 and 2.3 litre petrol engines are pretty much unkillable if taken some sort of care.
The old "brick" Volvos are also huge and the engines are physically quite small, so there's lots of room in the engine bay, perfect place to learn wrenching on as the engine is facing the correct direction thanks to FR layout.

They're also quite cheap due to being so basic, they have very little going on in terms of amenities, like you'll get electric windows and heated, maybe leather seats at best.
In the bottom of the basic bitch models you have fuck all going on aside for dashboard lights and a simple blower.

Only problems with them is that they are ugly as sin, have extremely shitty suspension for driving fast through corners and their center of gravity is quite high so the car has a tendency to handle like a ship in the open seas and tipping hard during tight turns, sometimes so bad that the car feels like it's going to flip over.

buy a soap box car then do an LS swap and smoke niggers all day

get a sonata no older than 06 with the v6
get an old v6 camry
or just get a civic or prelude if you can find one

>first car
>is poor
>wants a 20 year old luxury land barge with 300,000km with 15L/100km fuel economy

I just don't understand poorfag logic. It's like you want to stay poor.

only one (1) real option

Poor people generally don't buy 7500$ first cars

$7500 is not that much for a car in Norway

My 2003 Hilux was $10300

>first car
>used ancient Mercedes
If you want to regret your decision in a week go ahead. Or you could stop being a badgewhore and just get something newer, cheaper and more reliable, and save up money on something better later on. $7500 won't buy you class, especially not with that old shit, so don't even try.

Doesn't matter. If you have 7500 to spare for a first car, you won't have too much trouble paying for gas, especially in Norway (you guys have a lot of oil, dontchya?)

Harharhar

I think it was exactly $2 per liter regular petrol/$7.56 per US gallon today

Why? The government pushing EVs or something?

Partially, but fuel prices have always been high due to heavy taxation, although the rate of the increase in price has drastically gone up for the past few years due to environmental concerns, the realization that diesel isn't the super-eco engines they were believed to be and more

But yes, there is an increase in pressure to buy EV/hybrid, mainly in the form of tax/fee cuts on such vehicles, and ICE-engine vehicle bans on certain days being very likely in the near future. They tried a diesel-ban for one or two days some months ago, which didn't really work

civic for 3k

spend the rest on a dual sub sound system, anime girl body wrap, 15,000 watt HIDs without projectors, and nitrous kit, and cocaine like a normal teenager.