/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #666 - Hell on Mobius edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3Vynew5mrw
youtube.com/watch?v=KvCDlspW0UM
pastebin.com/f2mYw8Jr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime Rotor.

first for fast

Why doesn't the social media team ever announce their streams ahead of time?

Well well well, what have we here?

FAST

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=_3Vynew5mrw

TOO FUCKING SLOW

Fun Fact: The very first story Ian Flynn wrote and Tracy Yardley! drew (the See Ya Later Chao! backups) were meant to be published in 155-156

Alternate thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=KvCDlspW0UM

Thanks for linking this in the last thread!

DID YOU KNOW? - According to Omochao Eggman's mustache is fake!

What kind of metal would Breezie listen to?

DID YOU KNOW? - According to Eggman, the Wisps are more powerful than the Chaos Emeralds!

Eggman's mustache is real! REAL!

Dammit, I thought pic-related would be a perfect image for this thread.

Omochao is a fucking liar. He thinks he's a know-it-all, but he's not.

did big get retconned from being blaze's dad?

As part of MAME's 20th anniversary, they managed to get a dump of Segasonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol

Maybe it's a different Big?

>Blaze's Dad
That's Big's descendant.

He actually fucked someone.

Pretty sure her dad is just a non-related big looking cat.

Where can I get these comics?!

Diggin the op guy.

IN THIS WOOOORLD

Japan

Why did the number of the images on the Booru go down?

I remove duplicates and non-/sthg/ stuff as I slowly go through tagging it.

You're the hero this general needs

What's the most obscure Sonic game out there /sthg/? This one seems like a pretty good contender

Sonic Eraser

Sonic's Schoolhouse

Thank you.

>tfw this artist went retired

pic related

But most definitely not the one we deserve.

I'm the guy who had trouble with generations.
I tried to play 1 and even with save states I found it frustrating as fuck. I also thought it was not fun and not about going fast at all because if you go fast you die. I honestly think it was just another shitty platformer of the time, hard as fuck but without the fun of other challenging games.

>inb4 why the fuck are you even still trying if you hate it retard

I don't know. I honestly don't know.

Consider quitting video games and pursuing movies. You're obviously not cut out for this
>Sonic is about going fast meme

>not about going fast
Good job you figured it out.

1 is more frustrating than the other classic games.

I find it funny that you have so much trouble.

It's probably not going to be the same for you as you obviously have a lot more trouble than me, but S3&K was the one that really sold me the classic games. I don't really like 1 or 2 that much, but I loved 3&K. But I don't think I would have if I had gone straight to it so I would still say man up and go through them and see how it is for you when you get there.

What are your guy's thoughts on the different Sonic Boom writers
pastebin.com/f2mYw8Jr

FUCK OFF MAN!
I just have a lot of trouble with these shitty games and it's pissing me off that they're not generally considered hard.

It's fucking annoying me. I can play games just fine.

The point of Sonic is to learn the level layout so you can go fast.

>Save states
FUCKING SCUM

But seriously, this game was about trial and error, you'd go fast the first couple of times and get your shit handed to you. Several Game Overs you'd go slower but get further and then you'd die on a later level.
But then you'd kinda know the previous level layout some more so you know roughly the way to go to save lives, and you'd attemot the part you died at again.
Repeating, you'd get fucking great and fast at GHZ and Marble Zone by the time you start hitting the final boss.

Using save states just mean you never learn.
DKC is better in almost all conceivable way though.

>It's shit because I'm bad at it and went into it with the wrong mentality
Like I said, try not being shit at the game

>they're not generally considered hard.
>I'm having a lot of trouble with it
Sounds to me like you need to git gud.

Define what games. A while back you said Dark Souls was easy, but how many 2D platformers do you even play?

I never said dark souls was easy, just that I beat it.
Not many, I mostly play mario games I guess. It can get kinda hard on later levels but it's always fun.

>Baseline difficulty is Mario
Okay, now it makes sense.
You can't handle a game that actively pushes you to get good and learn the mechanics rather than hold you hand

>Mario doesn't push you
I don't know man, Sunshine was difficult as fuck.
And SMB 3 gets ridiculous later on.
Although there was more of an agreeable learning curve.

>SMB3 gets ridiculous
Ha, wow.
Though I will agree Sunshine is retarded, but only in certain instances

It doesn't help that the game is shit.
I found the level design really shit so I don't even want to "get good".

>whole gimmick is gotta go fast
>oh yeah let's make everything after first world slow with spikes and underwater and shit

apparently the reason why the classic games had moments that made you slow down was to make the fast sections even faster

>whole gimmick is gotta go fast
Nah nigga we ain't doin this again

>Whole gimmick is go fast
There's that meme again. Even if Sonic 1 is not as good as the other Genesis games (Which you should give a shot as they are far better), it's still an alright game

You're like those journalists who hold righti n a Sonic game and when you die, you complain the game is too hard and the franchise is shit rather than making an effort to actually be halfway decent at the game

How the fuck is it not?
It fucking is.
That's the only thing he's got, he runs fast.
Well excuse me for thinking the whole point was to go fast.

Generations, at least 3D sections, are all about that. Actually the most fun I had with this series so far.

I died a lot to World 7 + 8, ;_;
I personally have played Sonic 2 it's not hard any more, I guess cause I haven't played Mario too much that's where my gripe is.
Although Mario's a hard platformer in the old games. You ever completed Mario 1 son?

Going fast is not a right, it is a privilege. Speed must be earned through skill, know-how, and a positive, can-do attitude.

See Though if you really think Sonic is all about instant speed, play Rush. I'm sure you'll enjoy that and Advance 2. All you gotta do is hold right to win, should be good for someone of your skill level

The point is he CAN go fast, not that he'll always be fast.

Even in modern Sonic, you still have to slow down on some sections or do some platforming here or there.

What do you want, just a running Sonic game where you jump after it gives you a 3 second warning to do so?

I played rush a long time ago and I could 't beat a boss or something and quit. That's all I remember.

Maybe the series is just not for me.
Stop saying I'm shit because it really triggers me.
I'm not saying I'm good either, just average.
The games are fucking hard.

>Stop saying I'm shit because it really triggers me.
>Stop triggering me by telling me the truth
>The games are hard I'm not shit
Like I said before, git gud or git out. Maybe movies are more your thing. Then again you'd accidentally cut off your finger with the CD or some shit

>Then again you'd accidentally cut off your finger with the CD or some shit
That's harsh, dude.

>complains he's shit
>gives poor reasons for being shit
>Don't call me shit guys

Try... not being shit?
Or just find a different series. I dunno, if you like the comics and animation you can chill, or you really like the lore of Sonic or what have you, but I'd recommend DKC if you want a good platformer if you'd like.

>Stop saying I'm shit because it really triggers me.
Can you and everyone who thinks like you stop coming to this fucking general?

What's considered non-/sthg/? I ask mainly because of ABT's work and the difficulty of knowing if Chauvels posted art here first or not.

Stuff that wasn't originally posted here. If someone doesn't know if it was or wasn't, post it here. I'm not the one tagging/pruning the galleries, just thought I'd help clear it up
>or what have you, but I'd recommend DKC if you want a good platformer if you'd like.
He'd probably bitch that he can only take two hits and proceed to die in the first level I guarentee it. Maybe Kirby is his speed, assuming he doesn't die to Wispy Woods

Hey /sthg/ it's the cute barefoot girls hour!
Post Sonic girls without their footwear, in a non-sexualized way, that convey pureness, delicacy, connection with nature...
Don't care if it's paws, toes or blobs, everybody is welcome!

Capped for hilarity.

Go easy on him, anons.

Anyways, if you can't play the games, you got the shows, comics & other stuff. No need to leave the series, senpai

STOP
THE GAMES ARE FUCKING HARD, IT'S NOT ME

You're making me go Sparky levels of autistic here but just stop. These fucking games are hard, not of average difficulty.

>If someone doesn't know if it was or wasn't
Kind of hard to know what you're clearing out due to the sheer amount of content; most won't immediately recognize something's missing. Best err on the side of caution.

>You're making me go Sparky levels of autistic here but just stop. These fucking games are hard, not of average difficulty.
user, due to brain problems, I have awful hand eye coordination. I still cannot hold a pencil or pen the correct way, and I sure as shit can't throw a ball correctly. And yet I could beat the classic games. What's your fucking excuse? They're not that hard senpai
True

The games get hard, sure. But practice and you'll get better.

>Sparky levels of autistic
One, you'll never be THAT autistic.
Two, if you know Sparky, then you've been here before, if you just like the comics or cartoons or shit then that's fine, but most of us have played the classics so much it's second nature to us to not be that bad at them.

"Average" would be clearing the game with no regard to time or completion %. Sorry user, but if you can't even beat Sonic 1 at least I don't know what to tell you.

You are autistic though, that's just fact.

Speak of the retarded devil and he shall appear

Goddamnit Sparky you could set a watch by you.

Sparky, you're pretty much a mainstay around here and it'd be weird if you were gone, but you hit autism levels that shouldn't be possible.

From someone who has completed the classics a lot, Sonic 1 is probably the hardest out of the bunch, with Sonic 3+K being considerably easier. Bosses are harder in S3+K though.

You really aren't in the best position to judge, Sporky

I usually leave up any art uploaded that's from someone who has drawn stuff here. Really, I just mostly get rid of art I know is just saved off of tumblr, dA, etc. that isn't made by anyone here/isn't related to /sthg/.

So what's the easiest and hardest Sonic games then? Or just general difficulty.

I'd imagine Generations is the overall easiest.
Not sure about hardest. Rush got fairly annoying later on with the constant bottomless pits.

I found sonic 1 to be quite easy up until the silver sonic fight near the end.

Also blue spheres is stupidly hard.

My problem is not that I can't beat them. My problem is that they don't even have a reputation for being hard unlike other games of the time but they clearly are, that's what gets me.

I lurked while playing generations.

>Silver Sonic
That's Sonic 2 amigo.

>Sonic 1
>Silver Sonic?
>Blue Spheres?

Generations is the easiest when not going for 100% missions.

Hardest is either Unleashed or surprisingly, Lost World. Or Sonic 2 Game Gear
>Sonic 1
>Silver Sonic
I'm gonna mcfucking slap yo
>My problem is that they don't even have a reputation for being hard unlike other games of the time but they clearly are, that's what gets me.
That's because most people have basic hand-eye coordination, something you obviously lack

Speaking of difficulty, how do you think 2017 will rank up in terms of how hard it'll be?

I think you mean Sonic 2, senpai.

Hi, IGN.

They have good taste. What, do you seriously think Ice Cap wasn't the best Sonic 2 level?