Nothing triggers me more than seeing a wagecuck still working a retail...

Nothing triggers me more than seeing a wagecuck still working a retail, customer service or fastfood job in their 30s or 40s. Like How the fuck can anyone be satisfied with low pay all their lives and not do anything to better themselves? Is this some kind of mental disability that prevents them from sitting down and contemplating how much of a failure they turned out in their lives? What the FUCK is wrong with them?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQj6gwO2hfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm in my 40s
I work multiple hourly jobs because I want to focus on my business
If I stayed in one serious job, I'd be expected to work long hours, I'd probably be manager or director level by now
How would I have time for my business?
I'm comfy. You jelly

I'll free them one day

Hahahha omg my lord how many times I've heard this or similar from people in there 30-40's in McDonald's when I worked there in my teens all I'd hear is 'I'm only hear for a while just so I can focous on my University course' or business and then literally years and years later like 5+ I'll go back and get a burger or something and they are still there hahaha

They usually have a family to feed or drug addiction or multiple felonies or something that takes up more time than progressing their career

>be my roommate several years ago
>working at Whataburger
>dude in his 40s-50s is there working along side him
>middle eastern guy
>not a manager
>says he's been there for about a decade now
>turns out he used to be an airline pilot making close to six figures
>9/11 happened
>airline sacks all airborne employees of middle-eastern descent to avoid incidents with customers
>he applies everywhere with no luck
>Whataburger picked this dude up and MATCHED HIS SALARY
>CONTINUED MATCHING HIS SALARY FOR ENTIRE TENURE
>still works there now, happy to have a gig, but even happier to be working for someone who embraces who he is instead of leaving him out to dry

tl;dr - burger joint in texas saves the day

>the fuck can anyone be satisfied with low pay all their lives and not do anything to better themselves?
not being educated enough?
being immigrants?
employers wanting to hire younger people?

Horseshit no business would ever pay a high salary to a common grunt especially in fast food. He must have known somebody high up in the company to be getting that kind of charity.

Obviously you've never been here in Texas. We're awesome like this

I have a 40 year old and a 38 year old wome. Both the same team member level as me at Krispy Kreme. Like...are you fucking kidding me. That shit is sad. We are young adults from 18-22 and these two old fuckers are in this minimum wage job? Seriously?

if a major airline fired him for his fucking ethnicity he wouldn't need friends in fast food.

the legal settlement he'd win would buy about 50 of those shit shacks.

Great story my dude, I'll file it under things that never happened.

if its a pensioner, its likely the only job they will be given to try and force them out of the company.
since unless you can prove they cannot do the job you have to pay them a shit ton of money for leaving.

they're usually the store owner, area manager or store manager.

if they're the employee they probably just want easy lives

i know bro

last week i was at burger king and this middle aged cunt wanted to take my order
so I ordered a large vanilla shake and then threw it in her face because she fucking failed at life and should khs

she was all shocked and on the verge of tears lmao fucking poorfags

whatever you need to tell yourself to get through each day buddy...

as he posts this from his computer in his room at his parents house

people try and fail.. life aint a walk in the park, especially if you are doing things with an element of risk.

I am 31. Work at McDs. Started out making 5.15 in the window and now I am a GM making 47,000 base, not including bonuses and other perks. I feel the same way about people that old still making minimum wage because its kind of a waste. Like, people put in no effort and expect to make 15 bucks an hour. Opportunity is there...but only if you bust your ass to get it.

Not everyone has it easy in life. Not everyone has the same level of intelligence, grit, and so on. Not everyone can be a zuckerberg.

that being said, you do kind of wonder why they haven't become at least a supervisor or something. But again, look at what i said before.

If you're really "working on your business", you'd be working on your business and not at some shitty minimum wage job while deluding yourself on a Russian mechanical watch manufacturing forum.

Gtfo.

You really shouldn't take joy in the misery of others. It's not a good look.

I've actually been to Texas and it's a shit hole inhabited by the scum of the earth, so knowing what I know makes the story a complete fantasy.

>Texas
>Awesome

Where abouts exactly?

Please stop lying, you must not actually live here

Grocery stores are the worst for this shit, I mean they are insane. There is this person at my local place, not sure if its too local so won't specify. However, he has worked there for a decade so far. I myself have gone through college twice, bank teller, loan officer, Masters of Finance, gunning for Senior now in this same time.

My theory is the grocery store pay and benefits become acceptable for some people, like OK I am making 12 hr, some light bennies nothing much and job is satisfying because I am a baker or florist and I guess I could see it.

Some people are just happy with low pay and to see Rogue One 4 times and chill through life maybe have a kid and get laid once or twice.

why do you care what others do in life, it does not effect you at all yet you get "triggered" and waste your time writing about them. you are not better than anyone else, and you will never be successful with this mentality.

Whats a good field of work for a seemingly normal guy with crippling anxiety to the point where I experience delusions? I stay in my wagecuck restaurant job because any sort of change in my life results in panic attacks.

I wonder this too and I'm a 27yo wageslave. But mostly it's either immigrant, stuck paying bills and loans they can't get from or they're just old people looking for spare change.

Funnily enough they keep telling me

>get out this job or you'll end up like us user

Unfortunately, I don't have the looks or personality and only a 2.2 (3.0gpa) maths degree.

Obviously they didn't give him that as the reason for his termination. Firing people is easy as shit, especially if they aren't part of a union.

>Obviously they didn't give him that as the reason for his termination

>let's fire thousands of employees of a certain ethnic background
>nobody will notice or complain or hire lawyers

still filed under things that didn't happen

>be me, 16 y.o. working at Wendy's during high school
>make friends with co-worker Dustin who is 35 and has been working there for 15 yrs
>find out he works at the McDonald's across the street for more than 10 yrs
>guy is in questionable relationship with this other weirdo guy named Woody who works on the weekends when he doesn't have shifts at the mushroom plant

When I was in college, I got a message from an old co-worker that both Dustin and Woody died in a freak car accident together. I always liked the guy, but in all his years, he never got promoted to anything, not shift supervisor, not nothing. He worked mornings at McDonald's and evenings at Wendy's. Drove a piece of shit van and on his time off, he had a classic rock cover band he played in.

Nice guy, but could never make much of his life. The other old guy I worked with at Wendy's was fat as fuck and had a really awful stutter, so I guess I understand why he was stuck in a shitty job. Nice guy too if a bit of a dolt, on my final day before I went off to college, he rolled up a blunt to smoke with me in the parking lot.

So the guy flipping burgers makes twice as much as his store manager just because he has brown skin?

This story is so full of shit and makes zero sense.

lol

I work a security job. At least its quiet, pays above minimum wage and has a set schedule..

anyone bartending over 25 is way worse off.

Depends on individual state laws dummy

elaborate

You're supposed to have learned all the floor jobs and have started on a management track by then.

When I worked at McDonalds in college I quickly cycled through all floor jobs and at the end of 5 months I was calling all production and drive through operations. They told me they wanted me to start attending management prep classes and begin transition to restaurant manager. They wanted me to run the place by 30 and perhaps go into corporate.

This wasn't all that long ago. I'm a chemist now, so of course I turned them down. But if you aren't a complete loser and show initiative you should be running the place by your 30s.

find a better job than bartending part time to network for your real businesses

also find a better job for getting laid

>eating a burger that took over 9000 liters of water to produce and then gives you cancer
Probably not a good idea freind :^)

Exactly right, Anonymous Poster! I'd much rather chow down on a vegan burger topped with Daiya's famous cheddar-style shreds!

What's your "business"?

That's the only way we can determine whether what you're doing is worthwhile or not.

maybe they dropped out of college because they dont have a good place to study.

Fuck off to reddit

fuck off back to redddit

I'm 30 and I change tires for 20 bucks an hour. I hate my life

It may well be a mental disability. That's what I have.

This

No one is "satisfied" working a wagecuck job. They usually do it because of bad choices they've made growing up. They make bad choices because of a shitty education system. No one sees themselves working at McDonalds at 30+.

>asking 20something NEETs to judge me
ya

OH, look it's this thread again.

Back to /r9k/ with you.

I'm 34, and a data analytics director at Charter. I pull down $138k a year, plus bonuses, plus an 8 to 5, M-F shift when not traveling to our vendor sites, plus 40 days off paid (combining vacation time, sick time and "personal holidays,") plus health insurance that is equal to an ACA "Platinum" plan for $220 a month, including vision, dental and scripts, plus free cable. 9 years hard work with my company, and this from being a $13 an hour phone rep. My lowest paid people, hired with no practical experience, come in with a $55k a year salary, 30 days off, and all the other benefits I listed.

All of that is kind of to brag, but also to put some shit into perspective. You've been grinding at McDicks for 10 years (at least, could have started when you turned 18 in 2003,) and are just making barely 3 times minimum wage, and you're making less than my guys (the lowest paid of which was hired with a HS diploma and a couple of SQL certs, and nothing more.) Before looking down on your own people, who are earning a living the best way *they* can, remember, you're a fucking loser compared to a huge part of this country, and you probably don't like us looking down on you either.

How can I get a position like this senpai

To the Charter guy, I have an interview as an outside sales rep coming up for Charter. Is that a good place to get my foot in the door. Or can someone with your power give me more of a push. I have previous exsperience as a feild technichian. Instilation and troubleshooting. Along with drop burrys. Also posses knowledge on vendor and Mso relation shipps.

If you're serious, recommended qualifications are (and honestly, this is pretty standard for my company and the Cable/MSO industry:)

Minimum:
-BA or higher in business, finance or mathematics (preferably statistics,) or 2 years experience, or any equivalent combo of them

-Actual experience with Excel, and it doesn't take much. While being able to build macros and run VB script, or tie into SQL is nice, just being able to fucking run a multi-level pivot table without fucking it up is a big leg up.

-A basic understanding of how call centers and finance works. This largely ties into the education/experience part.

Optimum:
-Developer level Excel experience, SQL experience, and other big data solutions experience (Microstrategy, Tableau, Cognos.)
-Experience with staffing and services platforms, like eWFM, Blue Pumpkin, NiceIEX, etc. Hell, that one alone trumps most of the others.
-Experience with call switches and software, like Avaya CMS or Siemens HiPath.
-Knowing someone inside the company who can vouch for it all.

If you want to joke about "I'm just doing this while I work on X" or "I'm just working this job till X comes along"
you better be joking about bar tenders. You are literally a glass filler up-er and dish washer.
There is no forward progression, there is no increase of income, you have no real specialized training or skill set. Bar tenders are always stagnating, waiting for something magical to happen to them. The worst part is, if you are a guy there is no hope for you to out perform a female, even if she does a lesser quality service than you. If the job qualification of 'female' trumps any skillset you have, its a dead end job for you.

Sum it up with this; Anyone ever seen a bartender that was on the verge of great success?

Cool I took a whole Business Intelligence class. The pivot tables and shit weren't that bad. Do you use SQL and Visual Studio too?

It's a terrible place to get your foot in the door. Outside sales/Direct sales is tough. With that said, you can post for a new position internally in six months, so do your best and you should get a better shot.

If you actually do have field experience, try for that. Alternately, work with your local HR team and manager to come up with a career progression plan. They'll expect you to have a 1 year, 2 year, and 5 year goal in mind. Come to them with that and they will do their best to make sure you have a path to make it happen.

Charter guy, im extremy under qualified. So when do i start? You would think 2 years of career Technical school. With most outstanding business student award and top salesman 2 years runing with being the FBLA president. Along with a school ambasador would get me somewhere in life. But fuck me right, anyways... when do i start? Haha

Two of my guys who work development use Visual Studio. The rest use SQL Server Management Studio. We also use Tableau for our biggest of big data.

I'm going to be blunt. Outside sales will take any meat that walks through the door as long as you have a clean piss test and no felonies. It's just like our customer retention team. Extremely high turnover.

That said, if you can make it there for six months, you can make it in any other department once you've got the training. Focus on getting those six months done, start working with your manager and HRBP to get a career plan going, and good luck.

I'm currently 33 old guy who had working as dishwasher and I realise that I have no true future as dishwasher and decided to learn computer programming and web development. I wished that I had learning programming much earlier...

The older people who keep doing low payment either don't think about their future or don't want to leave their comfort zone. Some people love the job or don't simple care about career success.

>Get solid 2k a month in hand with job security
>Invest 1k every month with avarage returns of 7%
>Millionaire after 30 years

Meanwhile
>Veeky Forums "investor"
>Some office job
>Spend everything on the next meme coin
>Pay hookers the rest of your money
>Try different money making schemes
>Fall for a dozen pyramid schemes
>Savings after 30 years 0 dollars
>Move back to mom and kill yourself

Never judge a mans wealth by his working position, you might just be the cuck in the situation

>2017
>still working

>confirmed NEET

2k a month is absolutely nothing. Once rent and bills are paid you'll have a few hundred to put into savings if that. Try living on your own without your parents to do everything for you and you'll understand the value of money.

I like with 2200$ a month.

495$ in rent - heating is included. It's very small apartment. A studio with a closed kitchen in a kinda shitty neighborhood (not dangerous tho, just full if immigrants).

55$ for the Internet

300$ a month on food

80$ to buy my bus pass

25$ a month in electricity

10$ a month gym

200$ other expense like buying clothes or going to bar.

I save 1000$ a month dude. If you are frugal you can make it.

2k a month 30 years ago is enough for a single adult to be comfy

we need to make this a sticky already.

>cost of living is higher in big cities but you can find higher paying jobs
>apartment in big city: minimum 1.5k a month and can easily be more
>apartment in middle of nowhere: 300 a month

For proof, go on zillow or any housing website and actually click on somewhere else for once

$1000 a month saved is solid my dude. Do not listen to the naysayers. You should really aim to increase your salary though.

Nothing triggers me more than seeing a commutingcuck that needs to sit in a boring ass job until they are bald and have cancer while 16 year old kids make millions with 5 minutes of vloging.
Is this some kind of mental disability that prevents them from sitting down and contemplating how much of a failure they turned out in their lives? What the FUCK is wrong with them?!

youtube.com/watch?v=WQj6gwO2hfM

We don't know where he is from. $2200 is top tier in certain places.

>be a rich kid
>make a vlog
>that vlog actually makes you more rich
>you make money from people looking at you past a glass ceiling

my uncle either owns or runs 6 dunkin donuts here in florida, not sure whats up with that
dude lives in a 5/4 on 10 acres and drives a lambo (tho hes selling it cause 7MPG highway, kek)

if you actually work up through the ranks apparently you can make it far.

publix is actually a good floridian wage cuck job, easy promotions, 401K, health, etc etc

I know someone who started as a bager and is now the manager of 4 stores living comfy.

that being said i love my comfy m-f development job, but thats not the path for everybody.

but if you're still literately flipping burgers at 40 KYS

shut up and get me another order of tendies, bitch

I worked a few jobs in food and it seems like basically all they want from you in order to get promoted is to do anything at their beck and call. They aren't really interested in initiative or intelligence. I always got the impression that they just wanted people who would do what they were told no questions asked.

I always ran into the scenario where the scheduling manager would fuck up the schedule because they wanted to save costs and labor, and so they were always understaffed. And then they'd call me and other people while we were off, and ask us to come in. If you told them no, they'd try pressuring you and guilting you. Like a 16 year old making $7.25/hr is supposed to give a damn about "the team"

How do I into vlogs. Seems like you can make a shit ton just really talking about nothing if you get enough exposure. I realized most of the channels i watch aren't that interesting or funny. And yet it's still way better than anything on TV and they all get hundreds of thousands of views per video.

Age 22, cashier at Sears. AMA about my shit job

And the name of that pilot...

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Please like and share

why would you get angry for such thing? is it that you are afraid you end up being of them?

if you are well off you naturally do not look down to people, you dont have to. i respect and treat all people well and im doing probably better than 99% of people here

Only success a bartender could get is having a day job and saving his bartending money to open his own bar.

what about at a grocery store? >_>

Depends on "success." My younger brother is a bartender in the Vista area in Columbia SC. Nicer area with prices that keep college students (except perhaps post-grads) out. He takes $400-$500 a night in tips usually, up to a grand if it's a really good night. He picks at me because he makes more than I do. I pick at him because he can't take a vacation longer than three days.

He's pleased with his station in life, as am I. To each their own.

Unless you're moving up, you're stagnating.
I got moved from cashier to customer service after about a month, and it's my first job.
A lot of people who had been there longer complained, but they're the same people who cause problems and don't listen or learn.

Now i'm fighting an uphill battle to get to the next position up since it's management.
Tbh i'm not even sure why I want it besides just proving that I can get it. It would make the rest of my college jobs easier if I could just apply up to a management position.
I enjoy the challenge, solving problems, etc. but I really just want to be able to do what I want, and see what I can do. To do that at work, I need more power. To do it outside of work, I need more money.

I spend most of my free time dreaming of having some real dreams. The only constant dream I have is being able to go where I want, and live the way I want to.

Life it tough.

this is my first job, and I've only been here 3 months
how long do you think before I should start hinting at wanting something higher? one or two people I know told me 3 more months

There are no universal truths, it depends on your boss. I was upfront and honest. I was open to learning everything, and took my job seriously. I never hinted anything, I slapped it on my application that I wanted to move up. I spoke about it to my boss multiple times.
Luckily my store is cool about that stuff.
Don't listen to anyone who isn't higher up than you. Develop your own personality and style of doing things.
Basically, just do whatever will work, don't wait or bullshit around. If they don't take you seriously, or jerk you around, look elsewhere. If you can't do what you want, it's a waste of time anyway.

This, or related. My father in law and sister's husband are both franchisees but often have to work the stores because average employees are so irresponsible

I have thought about working at a pizza place because I have always wanted to. I have a good paying full time job though.

It's a motherfucker out there user for some. I'm mid 30s going back for my masters, working a part time job to help make ends meet.

I know a millionaire who used to be some stupid lawyer who works at McDonalds part-time, he's retired but works there because he met his wife there and it brings back memories/nostalgia.

He's very happy and content with his life, OP isn't

I find this so hard to believe.

How could a man whose time is worth so much do something so menial and brainless for "fun"

Veeky Forums memes aside working in a corporate environment gets boring pretty fast and it's not what Hollywood dresses it up to be, what is money worth relative to the stress and utter wageslavery that your life becomes?

The guy is in his mid 40s and from what I'd imagine has more than enough to retire on, gets him out of the house and grounds him to reality from the impression I've got, makes you grateful for what you've got type thing combined with as I said the significance of what the restaurant meant to him

I know a couple who are family friends and who used to be Uni lecturers and now run a frozen icecream place, life isn't a dickmeasuring content it's about enjoyment and I guess thats what they get enjoyment from, if you're already a millionaire why would you give a shit about status?

Just because you have done nothing with your life doesn't mean anyone cares what you think. The dude won and finished early. He has no reason to keep trying so hard, unlike you tryhard.

I guess if it grounds him.

I'd do something like gardening, woodwork, painting, etc...

I make $100/hr.

On a scale to ten I'd say my effort at work is about a 5.

filing reddit tales

>implying they can afford college/trade school as a 40 yr old living off minimum wage

What a super hero

You have a small penis.

All right - help me out Veeky Forums.

I've been working on/off wagecuck jobs since age 16, I've got IT certifications and a chemistry degree, 26 right now, I've worked in fast food, retail, was manager of a post office - but I seem to have a commitment issue when it comes down to long-term deciding upon a career and trying to remove myself from this nihilistic rut. I'm perpetually stuck in this indecisive thinking, it's like I freeze.

I already have a 9/10 girlfriend (feel free to not believe me, but it helps to say I got with her in uni while it still looked like I had a clue). Family and friends are becoming expectant of me to settle down when there is no worse time for me than to settle down right now, that would be a nightmare.

I've went from leaving my manager position to spending a year out in Eastern Europe with gf's family, to going back to having a 22 year old showing me the ropes in fast food, it was quite humiliating. Still, I'm not in danger of not being laid. One hot girl actually called me 'romantic' when I told her I worked in fast food. "you're just holding out until you know what is right, user." Fucking lol. It hurts to live.

So -- How to get the long-term plan? Either way it seems I'm in for hard graft. I'm wondering whether to do something finance/accounting-based (means I can work in a bank in the mean time - already did banking experience in the post office etc. while I do a finance/economics course) OR, I go for 'the dream' - a PhD in chemistry which is like the women's studies of STEM and is not paid well.

Thanks for reading if you did - what do?

Yeah, the last fast food place I worked at, had an ex-army sniper and an elderly un-tenured physics professor in the chicken section. No one believes me, haha.

DO the phd then manage mcdonalds bro. super romantic.