>FAQ and What to Play

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Roguelike News:

Latest Infra Arcana build:
jii.moe/ry6i-QmPe.7z

New IVAN update: 0.5.8, adds a new dungeon, a new win condition, new god effects, new items and bugfixes:
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases

Poschengband update to 5.0.5:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8223

Poschengband 5.05 competition:imp skillmaster:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php?showcompo=201

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

What a noble sacrifice! -

Other urls found in this thread:

underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/casual/casual.txt
crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/casual/casual.txt
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_Logical_Font_Description
youtube.com/watch?v=R2uZyTm_w0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>faulting this badly

for shame, /rlg/

ded fucken general

Would post screencaps but actually have to get shit done today

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ignore my thread. I made it because I didn't see this one until I refreshed the log.

>both threads are page 10
It was nice to know you, /rlg/.

Utgard-Loke's a cunt. Also, throwing rocks in general.

without tummy shitposting there is nothing to keep the thread alive

Shut the fuck up.

Since /rlg/ is so dead, might as well post me tabbing through popcorn

Shut the FUCK up

why do you do this to our beautiful thread, user

Liberals are trying to shut down /rlg/ because they heard PCB uses Trump magic.

What does an "excellent feeling" actually mean? I expect it relates to the vault I found, but it was quylthulgs in the glass castle so I fucked off and didn't have a chance to loot.

Like someone said last thread, pcb needs Tome2 theumaturgy so you can build the wall.

there is already a BUILDWAL spell
not in Trump though, it's in Nature

buildwal would be pretty OP in the trump spellbooks actually since you also get dimension door

the level feelings just measure the amount of dangerous shit and/or loot on the floor. there's like 9 messages and each one means more danger + better loot than the last

"special feeling" is special and means there's an artifact around

give me some ideas of things to pretend to be upset about so I can get the crawldevs to change them

I'm thinking either:
>Gozag is a gross parody of judiasm as evidenced by some esoteric bullshit I'll look into later involving potions or blood libel or whatever
>The 'good' gods are all offensive christian stereotypes (God wants you to kill things/Has silly laws). There should be no 'good' or 'evil' in the game.
>game unfairly discriminates against players who want to roleplay their troll as a vegetarian
>fucking elves REEEEEEEEEE

food
remove it

be japanese and be offended by their misuse of the name "tengu" for a thing that obviously is nothing like the nip folklore demon

Zin triggers me. As someone who faced persecution for being a trans Christian, I can't stand seeing an aspect of a "good" God be so hateful of someone changing themselves.

No mutations allowed? Even if I'm becoming my true self? No thank you, Zin.

being a persecuted christian in the US is just a religious right meme

nobody else cares unless it's in a non-christian-majority nation like somewhere in the middle east

How do you get the PCB font looking so nice? the regular linux font just looks like ass.

not my screen
personally I use Consolas which is a proprietary MS font
i've heard anons suggest Ubunto Mono

friendly reminder to slay serpents instead of orb guardians

I honestly don't think there's an enemy in DCSS that scares the fuck out of me more than orbs of fire.

Hunger cobs were pretty awesome.
Also suppression moths.

Orbs of fire are legit nothing compared to ancient liches, I've never been as threatened by OoFs but I've been nearly destroyed by ancient liches multiple times because they can summon tormenters and hellfire mobs AND also do a shit ton of damage on top of that.

But for some reason OOF seem to have an uncanny ability to splat me when ancient liches don't.

How do you uninstall a PCB version in linux? looks like the new one is 5.05 and I have 5.03.

moths of suppression in a zig

Why does corrosion, torment and hellfire exist? How is reducing all the efforts of the player to build up good defenses worthless a good design decision?

Because you can easily defend against that.

Torment and hellfire are only really a thing in post 3-rune games, and any character beyond that point is pretty much impervious to normal damage so you basically have to have attacks that ignore that defence.

Extended is already 90% shit mobs 10% managing torment/hellfire, removing them would make it more of a cakewalk than it is already is.

>muh line of sight
if you were supposed to killhole, lure, or stairdance, they wouldn't go so far out of their way to discourage those maneuvers.

Um, what? Lichform + Yara = immune to torment and can undo corrosion easily. If you take Gozag and use AoE spells you stop caring about hellfire too.

It's already 2 days and I still have this shitty amphetamine withdrawal.
The worst thing about it is that my DEX will always be set to 0 so I can't hit shit.
And I can't craft anything with -400 morale.

o rly?

If you have TSO/Makhleb you don't even need to do that, just kill them fast and kill enough popcorn to regen your hp back or use your numerous stockpiled escape consumables.

Or just roll over everything with chei-statue form.

What, do amphetamine withdrawals give you 48+ hour seizures?
Aren't TSO/Makhleb for people that are bad at crawl tho?

based retard
just drop a thread under your opponent's foot and light it up

Who's Yara??

Done it: underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/casual/casual.txt

>Aren't TSO/Makhleb for people that are bad at crawl tho?
Not really, they're just very,very good gods. Just look at the top speedruns(ignore the 1st bugged score) 2 Mahkleb, 1 Chei, 1 Vehumet characters.

i dont know but id love to have her violently unravel me some time

Whoops, wrong dump, sorry. Meant this one: crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/casual/casual.txt

No, I mean it in the sense of "they are a crutch that you can go without by playing better."

That's a lot of unrandarts. And a lot of +10 randarts too.

You might as well just play godless/Xom for all your games then,since all gods offer some type of advantage in one way or another that allow you to do things that you would not be able to with a godless char.

You kinda tend to accumulate decent gear if you clear some zigs.

Most other gods aren't all but designed for postgame though.

a crutch is a thing that helps bad players but harms good players (nobody with two working legs wants to carry that bullshit around), like auto skill training

the word you are looking for is "strong" or maybe "OP", not "crutch"

Oh well, I'll have to replace a ring. Just noticed that it got changed to *slow by an update.

Why the fuck does every single fucking car in CDDA have no wheels
Every
Single
One
Is that what the zombies and bandits went for first? Car wheels?

Makhleb/TSO can easily be worshipped all the way throughout the game, TSO's advantages just show better in extended and really the choosing/switching to him is not any different form choosing Trog, he just confers a massive advantage that increases your chance of winning the game, which is presumably what you're playing to do.

all the cars have at least 1 thing wrong, usually either wheels, engine, or electrical system
maybe the explanation is that the survivors fleeing before you already took all the working ones
but then why are the grocery stores full of food

Two ways:
1) Get Curses support (i.e. when you run ./configure and whatever other options, make sure you have Curses supported and figure out what goes wrong). Arch users will probably want to install ncurses5-compat-libs from the AUR, for instance. This is by far the easiest way, but **you don't get extra terminals**. If you know how to set your terminal's font, then you're done.

2) X11.

You'd want to install some form of xorg-xlsfonts for your system if it's not already there. If your system is smart, it should link your existing fonts to equivalent XLFD versions.

Then, run xlsfonts to see if it's populated with fonts. If it is, then run xlsfonts | grep "[name of font you want]". For instance:

* xlsfonts | grep "ubuntu mono"
* xlsfonts | grep "consolas"

And so on.

You can learn the font name elements here:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_Logical_Font_Description

But in a nutshell:
* Pick the fonts that end in "iso10646-1". You can just add another pipe to the above commands and do xlsfonts | grep "consolas" | grep "iso10646-1".

* Bold and medium correspond to bold and regular/unbolded text. If you want it to look like 's, use bold.

* "i" is for italicized, so use "r", for Roman.

* The first two numbers (usually 0s) that you see correspond to ways to set the font size. The first is by pixels: setting pixel size to 20 makes it 20 pixels high. The second is by tenths of a point size: setting point size to 150 makes it a 15 point font. **ALSO**, if it's not clear, you should just use one of these (probably the point size option). The other font option can be kept at 0, along with anything else in the line that's at 0.

So for instance:
-misc-inconsolata-bold-r-normal--0-180-0-0-m-0-iso10646-1
for Inconsolata 18pt.

After that, you'd want to set that ANGBAND_X11_FONT in your environment (or whenever you run PCB).

I find that Angband font rendering on X11 tends to look like ass no matter what, but bigger font sizes look better.

Why did they take all the duct tape, glass jars, and plastic bottles with them when they left?

WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE THE SEX TOYS

aight, thanks user. Will try and get it working.

Yeah, I know about burning trick, but my food supply is low.
Can't wait at the same place forever.
For 1 less point, Shower Victim is much easier than Tweaker start.

>hungry
>need to find more food
>encounter feral hunter and zombies on the road
>shit keeps teleporting
>can't outrun them because depressant and depressed cut down my speed by half
>finally burn all of them
>still hungry
>encounter more zombies

Doesn't look good.

Don't get out when there's moon outside, k.

been spectating this guy, this is just pure mastery of the game.

Slime for the 1st rune as a level 12 spriggan..literal balls of steel.

You know, I knew rF- would put me at a disadvantage at some point.

But I'm still mad about this.

But will he actually kill TRJ.

I feel bad for calling you a retard now because you didn't call me a retard back. Sorry. Have a (You).

idiot, what did you expect?

Alright, boys, how do you play the wizard start in crawl?

I want to play with Kiku and branch out to necromancy, but I dislike the elementalist starts and I've already played a ton of conjurer.

you hit things with mephitic cloud and then you stab them in their ass

Ok, was going to try NaWz, so their aptitudes should make it easier to get mephitic up and running.

>NaWz
That sounds like a pain, why don't you do DrWz?
They're pretty beefy AND they move at speed 10

Mostly because I prefer the naga midgame, bardings + AC bonus + constriction allow you to be semi-melee while still casting spells. The earlygame isn't too painful with ranged options anyway and I like draconians as transmuters mostly.

>DrTm
muh brotha
>need a bazillion fighting/UC/dodging/Transmutation
>literally only need those skills
rawr I'm a dragon

You're a big P!

Just gonna leave this here

youtube.com/watch?v=R2uZyTm_w0M

The most exciting time of day has finally come.

What a horrible night to have a *CURSE*.

We did it, /rlg/! We defeated the Serpent! Now who wants to commit suicide first?

>monk

Has anyone tried an Alchemist on PosChengBandR and have tips on how to use them? There's almost no documentation outside of the brief class description - what the heck do Infusions do etc.

Tell me the last time you saw a FIRE DRAGON on D:10.

there are plenty of things that do fire damage by D:10
most of them are rare but even one of them will fuck up your day forever

infusions are DIY potions that you illegally pirate/copy but they have shitty DRM that prevents you from ever taking them out of your special infusion inventory except to drink or evaporate them

>mystic

I don't get any of that healing bullshit, and you better believe I'm not a fucking tonberry. It's all punch, all the time.

What's the point then? Just saving on your actual inventory slots so you can carry more shit?

the point is that you can craft more of them
also more inventory slots is always good

h*ck

Best font setup for Windows?

use Consolas

So these are gonna be the new abilities in the next version of Demon. I think some could use better names.

Also, I'm not the dev.

>You see a deer.
>You feel Vile Alchemy...
>You Infernal Touch the deer's Numbing Spear with your Burning Hands!
>The deer's Numbing Spear Emits Void!
>The deer gains effect Wild Frenzy!
>The deer Dives at you!
>You Spoil Touch the deer!
>The deer Harasses you and uses Impaling Thrust!
>You gain effect Ever Ready!
>The deer uses Filthy Thrust! His Ionic Spear Rends you Asunder!
>Bright Blood pours out of your Lucky Star!
>You use Hunter Cry! Your Lucky Star is about to Icy Break!
>The deer uses Lethal Thrust and Ionic Pierces you! His Fire Lord emits Flash Shock!
>You Defile Touch the deer!
>The deer Volt Thrusts you! He's Overloaded! His Brain Shaker Bolt Sprays Furious Rage inside your Lucky Star, Sets you Alight and Disables your Mind!
>You gain effect Ghost Shock!
>Calming Rain pours into you!
>There is so much!
>You Meditate.
>You gain effect Guilt Veil.
>You fall asleep in deer's Cold Embrace...

can you use trunks as actual storage in CDDA?

Not that this isn't impressive for less than an hour of thought, but why a deer specifically?

All I know about Demon is that there's a deer you can link with.

Figured it out, I'm a dumbass. New problem. Why the fuck is my character suddenly fucking blind? I'm playing with classic zombies, so it couldn't have been some voodoo shit right?

Linking with that deer produces a literally infinite number of hounds.

How exactly is he still alive? That blue jelly hits as hard as a truck and he only needs to take a single spit from any of those acid blobs to die

>so it couldn't have been some voodoo shit right?
In theory, no, but it's likely they missed something.

Could also be parasites, I think, if you're in the habit of shoving raw meat in your face.

First time I speculated a speedrunner, I was wondering why a level 14 spriggan was in Cerebov's realm.