/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, with a focus on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
/cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got one a bit like that
except it's less "apartments next to farmland" and more "farmland in my city centre"
and I cant see any reason why I'd move it.

Why does Wiz only say interesting stuff in that shithole?

[XCOM INTENSIFIES]

Because Wiz is a fucking retard

>Stellaris
>take a bunch of colonies from long time rival
>slowly purge the colonies while moving some of my own people over there

>Remove Ayys

It's hard to believe it's been only 12 turns.

I've dropped an average of 2.5 atomic bombs every turn. The explosions and the resulting fallout has been the only way I've been able to keep up with the waves of much more advanced Mongolian forces.

The plan is to stay the course, build fast 3 movement guerilla units with altitude training to dart to Mongolian border cities to take it after dropping bombs and destroying their fallout shelters, allowing for the quicker annihilation of those cities. The UN is also almost done. With my vassal states of Indonesia, Assyria, and Denmark, voting myself hegemon may be the only course to victory.

Are you the one who did WWI with ICBM barrages?

>My main complaint about Sector/Planet Management AI was that it would accumulate minerals and energy but would very slowly upgrade or build new buildings on tiles with pops when it could afford it, if ever.
>Wiz makes no comment on this
>sector AI is still gonna be completely fucking useless

No ICBM's yet, but I did fight a WW1 era war with Mongolia a day or two back. It resulted in me only claiming one city before having to retreat to defend against the Danes. Mongolia did nuke one city but besides that it was rather non-nuclear.

Hope u guys don't mind me posting space battles.

what ship style is that? or is that the old guard

Dark-skinned Plantoid ships versus Molluscoid ships, it seems.

Just theory crafting here, but if the sophons get the 100% production on hot and then use there science output to terraform most of there worlds to hot, wouldn't they be unstoppable? Or does terraforming work different in ES2

dark skinned?

It's a workshop mod.
There's also a white/blue variety.

On that point, I kinda wish we didn't have to rely on mods for those different colours of ships, feels like it could be a base game feature.

Time to kick some dimensional alien ass!

It's from ISBS: Doomsday Weapons & Ships
These are the Leviathan class

Good luck, hopefully your fallen empires won't kick their ass for you.

Like most of the quality and UI mods.
>Paradox quality.

Dont worry. you will be able to buy the RGB [species] ship pack for only 5.99!

What will replace the Robot revolution now that you can turn into robots?

So what's the best way to go about squashing other civs in Stellaris?
Vassals cost influence, conquering adds to your tech cost for a really inefficient work force, unless maximum negative ethics divergence negates that and makes xenos drift towards your ethos more.

Please. I'm sitting here just looking at the title screen. I want to go to fight, not sit there and tech up while ignoring everyone.

Tech penalties are pretty easily offset by just building a few dedicated lab planets so just go fight.

Grey Goo catastrophe when?

I heard there was a war demand in stellaris to eliminate them but even as militarist xenophobe im not seeing it. Is it just a mod or am I doing it wrong.

So at the end of endless ledgend the sun just disappears? Auriga doesn't orbit a star in ES2

"Cleanse" and you need purge policy I think?

Fanatic Militarist/Collectivist

Military Dictatorship

Industrious/Strong/Rapid Breeders/Decadent/Repugnant

Go full Zerg rush, forget about having a tech advantage and win early with superior numbers. 3 low-tech ships will always win over 2 medium-tech ships, and then you can just swoop in with a science vessel for those debris. Make sure you aggressively expand to new worlds for more starports.

Curious, I never noticed that there's Goa'uld parasites.

only fucking problem i have early is space stations because getting to your first 1K fleet takes a fucking while is there any other way to deal with space stations?

What parasites?
I didn't see anything.

The slug thing penetrating the skull.

What are you talking about?
Are you sure you are not delusional?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
>stellaris will never be like this despite being a strategy game where you control hundreds of ships
>it will never actually feel like it made an impact

Not really, but Industrious+Strong+slaves will help you snowball quite a bit. And you can always just go to war in order to kill your rivals' mining stations and research their debris. Maybe kill some science ships too, and of course you can take any planet without a spaceport easily.

Look at the picture. The black slug on its head and wrapping around its neck

user, you clearly see things that not exist. What black slug? There is no black slug.
You need to visit a doctor so you can be fixed.

There is no "black slug" in that picture, user. How stoned are you?

I take a small amount of personal pride that I took part in one of the previous record breaking battles in EVE the one where someone accidentally jumped a titan into enemy space That I podded a supercap pilot in it felt great even if it did result in him hunting me down for a month.

Well...one of the random insults for molluscoids is "parasite".

Also iirc, early spaceports don't have shields and so are more vulnerable to lasers than anything else.

There. Is. No. Black. Slug.
What. Are. You. Talking. About.
You. Are. Becoming. Hysterical.

To the guy who is doing those screenshots of ES2's plot lines, what do the Patriotic Shipyards and Emperor Module for the United Empire do? I can't get 4 militarist laws active.

that might explain it, I thought purge was on by default in xenophobe

What's the point of egalitarian (individualist) and authoritarian (collectivist)? It's not like you can't play as a monarchy/democracy without these two.

>egalitarian and authoritarian are opposed
What?

Please refer to them by their proper names of Noble Objectivism and Liberal Fascism.

I love how some creatures in Stellaris are cute to the point of goofiness, and others are just hella creepy

What's the "aesthetic" weapons of Stellaris?

Paradox is just being retarded.

Don't start shit.

>even if it did result in him hunting me down for a month

>its not that all people all born equal and have equal opportunity, ambitions and ability and there is no need to enforce equality
> no need at all

All the energy weapons imo. Missiles and strike craft are pretty sweet to watch too, shame they're garbage.

Kinetics are just boring to watch because there really isn't anything exciting visually about a solid slug of metal, no matter how fast you fire it.

It did cost him a few tens of billion ISK in implants and like 2 months worth of training in t3 cruisers.

EVE sounds full of autists with overinflated egos.

Nah the amount of ISK he lost because you lose implants when your pod gets blown up was worth like $100. He was right to be mad since I'd basically ignored actual combat targets just to grief him once his supercap got blown up. I'd still do it again given a chance

>putting money in a game
Nah, he's shit. You were right to blow his face.

It's full of dudes doxxing important internet spaceship guy and cutting the power to his house so they can strategically ambush and kill his spaceship while he's logged off except that he foresaw this and installed a backup generator.

Everything in EVE is worth real money whether you actually put it in or not.

Did he send you any message?

So, now that it will be possible to turn xenos and slaves into livestock and eat them, will you make a cannibal empire?

... N-no?

>implying I'm not going to make an empire of ass so that I can say I eat ass.

>ship turrets placed so that they shoot through the ship

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw didn't notice it until you pointed it out
Fuck you.

>Ship turrets all placed only along the top and side

It doesn't matter anyway when all the fighting happens on a 2d plane.

Damn right I will

Hopefully someone makes some Twi'lek portraits for that authentic experience.

HAK HAK HAK

How do I get gud at this fucking game? I have the largest fleet and a technological advantage but every time I go to war I just get butt fucked by the assholes around me.

You must be lost child refuge. Welcome in Swedearghhh...

>play as Imperium of Man
>defenses spreads too thinly to be efficient
I can't tell if you're a moron at playing or a genius at roleplaying.

man I cannot wait for stellaris 1.5

the game might actually be worth playing

don't use missiles

don't save your screenshots as .png

don't be one of those fags that pretends to be the imperium of man, seriously, there are so many of you fuckers

Get allies and vassals.
But I notice that now allies and vassals don't follow you anymore and just do shit.
So git gud.

I think at this point removing missiles and torpedoes would be good as they suck as completely.
BTW Do they plan to do something with AI and combat or it will be untouched?

:^)

Hey guys

Where can I find the newest patch for CIV6? Haven't played so far, just pirated back in November and wanted to start now.

Do I have to get every update? Or just the last one? And if so, where?

OP says /rsg/ so here goes.

Anyone here played 0 A.D.? How is it?

Oooh, I like the graphism. It's old school at fuck.

Humanoid ships are tje ugliest fucking thinge since the armors in Oblivion.

They can make pretty ships, just not for the player.

Little bit of both

Are missiles really that worthless? I have around 100 missile ships in my navy I guess I should refit them.

I'm trying to roleplay so I don't want any vassals.

What is that?
Some mod or something?

Yes. They are slow as fuck and AI spams the point defence because its so easily available.

Galactic Nomads event. Happens at 25/40/65 or never in a game. They'll either try selling 15 cruisers or want a colonizable planet in your territory.

I wonder if i could be possible to make Migratory Empire possible, maybe even a playable one.
Something similar to how TW Attila has migratory civs and sedentary ones.

What about bomber and fighter crafts?

1.5 Banks brings orbital habitats, it's only a small step to add a thruster to the things. Same with mining/research stations.

It would be possible if most resources come from space(aka asteroid mining, energy collectors, etc).
Now it most come from planets. There are whole systems stripped of any resources.
Silly.

Good for killing AI fighters and missiles. They are still fucking slow.

Just give a space resource gathering specialization bonus to Migratory Empires. Something about how they spend all their lives in species has taught them how to more efficiently collect resources in space compared to planet-bound empires.

They could just generate power with solar arrays on their ships. Whenever they jump into a new system they would huddle up to the star for a bit while harvesters gather minerals before moving on. Might be cool

The war is over.

After dropping 45 nuclear bombs on the Mongols over 18 turns the war is over. By the end the nuclear hellstorm had finally forced the Mongol GNP below mine and their military force finally fell below 1,400,000 (mine was 750,000 for the entire war). I was able to rush one of my brave guerilla units in to irradiated Mongol territory and take Cork. I rushed up as many units as I could muster to fortify the city and used the city's own airport to drop in even more. Ultimately Genghis Khan offered peace with a small gold concession. I took the deal because I wasn't certain if my units could fend off a counter attack against Cork in the irradiated land.

With a few Citadels I will secure Cork and 4 additional Uranium, doubling my supply. If war comes again I will be in even better position.

It may not come to that though since already I have enough United Nations votes to become World Hegemon, even when my vassal's votes aren't counted.

How'd you get the camera to track with the ship?

>be relaxing in my empire just research and chill
>suddenly fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>defend myself and protect my galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy

Q

I really don't understand that. I mean for other races sure fine you are pretty bad for genociding them. But fanatical purifiers legit only have 3 states of diplomacy

1) Preparing for being at war
2) At war
3) Rebuilding after having been at war

And their wargoals are always either cede (which they will then purge) or cleansing planets. Wiping them it legitimately is making the galaxy safer.