/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Already Dead: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/22104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PURGE FILTH

I kinda feel bad for him.

Someone was looking for the Old Hunter 'box art' a while back, happen to found pic related

Is this actually supposed to be one of Orphan's moves, or is it a glitch? It's so fast it literally stun locks you, and he *can* hit you three times in a row with it (maybe more) and just kill you outright

Marry the Doll, purge filth, executioners r gay, Kos/Kosm, aaahhhh, etc etc

Matt Ryan's wife looks like a Pthumerian.

>All I want are Bolt and Arcane triangles
>Tempering, Adept, Fire, Fire, Fire, and the absolute gem of pic related
This is torture.

>Did I reply to the wrong person?
You replied to the right person, but I guess I'm not who you thought I was.

In the artbook, the Cainhurst Servants are called Cain's Servants. Who do you think Cain was?

I wanna fuck Queen Yarnham for platinum. Do I have to play through all chalices or can I focus on Pthumeru? At DC Pthumeru right now, taking a break from edgy McWatcher of old.

Also started a new hunter, this time str instead of skl and oh my god it so much easier. Got rid of cleric beast and died first at Gascoigne. Got him on my second try but overall everything feels much more fun.

Cain, the literal biblical Cain, was the son of Adam and Eve, who killed his brother Abel out of jealousy. He traveled to the land of Nod, east of Eden. As for referencing the Cainhursts themselves, possibly because they are killing their "brothers" (other hunters), or their sin. I doubt Cain in the BB context was a figure in Cainhurst castle, though

You will need bastards of loran for one and red jelly. You have to do all 8 story chalices to beat her.

You can essentially focus on just Pthumeru to get Yharnam, although you might have to run through one or two others once for materials. Check the OP for the chalice speedrun guide, there's a single image that shows you the path, what you'll need for each one and where to find them.

How do you think they could pull off a sequel?
Have it set immediately after the events or in another area that slowly becomes affected by the curse of Yharnam?

I don't know if I'd like a prequel very much.

That's... actually pretty nice.

How bad is this build?

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/22104

> artbook

Now that you remind me, I remeber the artbook was uploaded here, but the definition was a little bad, did someone get a better one? if yes, please share.

I got a radial one of those too but I savescummed over it instead of keeping it because sharp gems are useless. Try farming the ithyll watchers for non-tempering gems; it will make you want to kill yourself. I was just looking for an adept gem - the second most common drop after temperings - and it took like 30 tries to get two (one thrust 32% w/ hp drain and one blunt 30%, which is what I was looking for)

Also, what's wrong with fire? I haven't had that much of an issue with finding any of the three types in Isz. Like one hour of farming and I had multiple arcane 27%'s, a bolt 27% and a fire 26%, and a couple ones with shit curses and 25%.

The difference between 25% and 27% is really pretty small anyway. I still destroy shit with a 25% fire watchers gem, a cold abyssal and a 23.1% fire gem in my axe

Thanks, I thought I was going to hate the hairstyle and drop it for my other hunters with the longish curly hair but ended up falling in love with the spunky tomboy look. It's now my default hair AND doesn't clip with so many tops, which means I could comfortably wear the foreign garb with no clipping.

>How do you think they could pull off a sequel?

They can't. They straight up can't. Bloodborne is a self-contained story and setting. Some anons and I were discussing this last thread, what I was saying amounted that it would thematically and conceptually just fuck over the entire first game. So many of the weird little details, timelines and figures in Bloodborne were left to interpretation on purpose, to make you really feel like an outsider, and to make a sequel, to make an ending canon, would undo so much of what they've done already.

The problem is, making anywhere else important, making anywhere else have eldritch bullshit or blood ministry undermines Yharnam's centrality and importance to the events of the story, so what's the point? It's fanfiction. I mean, what can you reveal that you haven't already? Bloodborne's big selling point was the hard left turn into cosmic horror, you can't do that twice.

Maybe I should stop trying to spam 1-800-BEYOND

Mind sharing the sliders?

Lower loran is not needed to get there, skip that and you'll save some ritual blood

why does chalice-starved beast spam the insta-kill bite? wtf happened

>HMLS with 820 AR
Is this true power?

>Also, what's wrong with fire?
I don't want/need any more. I was tentatively looking for two and now I have five.

>I still destroy shit with a 25% fire watchers gem, a cold abyssal and a 23.1% fire gem in my axe
10:1 you'd get more AR if you swapped the 23% for another Cold.

I hate the hairstyle 2bh, but the face looks pretty cute.

why does it matter, just circle around him and he can never hit you

because it's annoying

You're annoying.

>HMLS 902 AR
Don't let your dreams be dreams.

outstanding

>survive a fire doggo charge at point blank
>is this a dream?
>insta killed the next time
It was a dream.

Really? That's nice since I'd rather not fight abhorrent beast again for a while. He was a bitch in the last Loran chalice I went through.

Counterhit damage is a bitch sometimes.

I can't handle all that damage.

>I'll prove him right! That'll show him!
You are annoying. And bad if BSB is killing you.

>that filename

>10:1 you'd get more AR if you swapped the 23% for another Cold.
a little bit more, but for my saw spear or my saif, it only increases the AR by like 20. I've got like 5 cold abyssals and I'd rather just have 5 converted weapons that do like 4% less AR on the stats screen.

I'm not sure if the damage formula favors scaling gems over percent gems or vice versa when applying moveset multipliers, though (or neither). It seems like you get more bang for your buck with two percent gems and one cold abyssal, rather than two cold abyssals and one percent. Especially if the weapon has high base damage

i only just started, so no, i'm not very good, my neckbeard overlord

have you done anything productive today or just sat here shitposting

Well it sounds like they're going to try to do it anyway.
If they do I bet it'll be some kind of
>Yharnam is ruins now, all life in the local area ascended with the hunter and left the place empty
>nearby city checks on it after there's been rumors from treasure hunters and the like of the dead city full of strange devices and impossible things
>The Dig begins
>turns out the hunter ascending fucked things up even harder and reality is starting to bend in the area
>even more time fuckery and geometry fuckery

I can't really see it remotely working any other way but then again Miyazaki has shown people don't know what they want until they have it.

you really got him there pot

That thing is on the first loran dungeon and you can't skip that. That's one nasty boss too, I never figured the timing to dodge it effecticely

i know i did

What's stupid is we don't, shouldn't and can't know what ascension actually means. Childhood's Beginning can have a lot of implications, one of them meaning we just become a surrogate child for a Great One. The Doll has been our 'mother' , or guardian, the whole game and it seems to become almost literal in that ending. Maybe it means something totally different, who knows. If there is a sequel, there should be absolutely no mention or reference to the Good Hunter in any way, shape or form, but even then that's a reference, which annoys me.

All that amounts to aliens = bad and stuff goes weird, which we already know. There's nothing new to bring to the table is the problem.

Esther

My dude

You should've just hit him

So how do off-shapes work? I'm getting ready to go full korean on my bloodtinge build. I just farm the 31.5 circles and with enough luck they drop as 31.5 radials/triangles?

I missed.

And then got stunlocked because I didn't press circle

I got greedy

>I'm not sure if the damage formula favors scaling gems over percent gems or vice versa when applying moveset multipliers, though (or neither)
Definitely neither.
Although, %s are definitely better than Scaling for Viscerals.

>It seems like you get more bang for your buck with two percent gems and one cold abyssal, rather than two cold abyssals and one percent. Especially if the weapon has high base damage
I've run the numbers on several weapons (Saw Cleaver, Kirkhammer, Rakuyo, and Church Pick so far) and all of them get more AR from two Colds and a 27% than anything else except one Cold and two 27%s, but even then it only gives about 2-20 more AR.

You are right though; one 27% and one 24% isn't worse than two Colds by a lot, and you'll definitely get better viscerals.

Yes, and pray to Kos that they have the right primary effect, and a good curse.

what we actually need is a dlc instead of a sequel

Yes.
Pray to Oedon.

That's a nice picture, got more wallpapers?
Pretty sure that that's not a glitch. It probably punishes over agressive players.

He still needs the 2x red jelly to make the great Pthumeru Ithyll chalice, and you can only get it either from Lower Loran chalice or Great Isz chalice (or from NG+ lecture hall).

So it's either lower loran or isz, but you have to do one to reach queen yharnam

Alright cool. Why couldn't the Bloodletter come with a circle slot on one of its versions?

I goofed up

Sorry for all the delays by the way, I'm a bit busy with something on the side.

It's fine, as long as you can at least run in and do some damage

You at fog?

>i only just started
Oh. Well then strafe clockwise.

>have you done anything productive today or just sat here shitposting
Hey man words can hurt you know?

yus

No, a prequel with all of our favorite characters but younger!!!

I'd rather more, smaller things, more DLC, but I don't know exactly what you could expand on. I'd like a bigger Byrgenwerth to explore since it's so central to the story, I'd just like to see more of it. But maybe that really is all there was of it, you know?

>That's a nice picture, got more wallpapers?

Boy I got plenty

>tries to use perfect grammar
>starts a sentence with "And"
xaxaxaxaxaxa

If anyone cares (I know you don't) I made some more phone papes. I'll drop them in case anyone wants them.

Ok cool

I would care, if I had a phone.

I've actually only got a few huehue

>young maria
i'd be ok with this

>he thinks there's anything wrong in starting a sentence with a conjunction
You have to let go of those kindergarten superstitions.

That's funny. Never noticed that the hunter is missing is right leg much like Gerhman. I see something new about this game every day

Why not post the artbook?

tfw not sure if I want a sequel to BB or just another game with quick combat like BB

Gregor, I need to go somewhere so I'll be back later; maybe. Thanks for helping me m8

and you have to let go of being a faggot who attempts to use perfect grammer

I'm not even the user you were replying to, but you should at least attempt to know grammar before calling others out on it.

This whole debate about sequels is missing the simple point that worst thing about any of the sequels we've used to point our argument (DaS2 and DaS3) is that they completely gutted and restructured the base gameplay.

If you took BB's engine, changed nothing, but gave us an entirely new 1p and chalices, no one would complain, as long as the 1p plot wasn't like, completely off-the-wall. It would fundamentally be exactly what everyone else has said they'd be okay with; another DLC.

>exploring the chalice dungeons with laurance and the lads
>clearing the streets with ludwig
>chasing a beast from a far away land with the league
>kill vilebloods in the name of the healing church
>loran before the scourge
What else would be cool in a prequel?

I don't know why i hated this game so much.
It's so good.

but im not even trying to use perfect grammer, i could if i wanted to but its the internet. hes the one trying to use perfect grammar but fucks up
all you really need on the internet is an occaisional , and . and ' and you're good to go.

I'm not even afraid of ever getting BB2 simply because of the reasons you stated.

If they keep the core gameplay and speed with a new story that connects with the lore of BB everything will be fine. DaS was meant to be played slowly, raising you shield and rolling away from danger from time to time. DaS3 however took BB and took to next level. I pray to god that we get a sequel

You really couldn't. You can stop pretending you aren't a high school dropout.

you're right, i'm sorry.

thanks for the helpful tip, mang

whatever you say m8, thanks for the (you)'s :3 just dont be so pretencious in future
my (you)'s are worthless unfortunatly for you

>It probably punishes over agressive players.
that's not over-aggressive though; right after he misses his underhand is exactly when you are supposed to hit him (but not more than once or twice unless you can flinch him)

I had the same exact realization.

I was so salty after finally playing it. I didn't like Forbidden Woods, I didn't like the way the story progresses after killing BSB (and I still don't, but I can't hold it against the game), I didn't like how converting completely removed weapons' phys damage, and I hated Chalice dungeons.

Opinion's completely 180'd. The worst thing about BB is that there isn't more of it.

I'm sorry too man. I'm just butthurt that Watchers won't give me good gems, and that you posted a picture of a dude's gross belly. It was wrong of me and the other user to just attack you, without considering that you could be new. That's not what /bbg/'s about.

I was just calling you out on your kindergarten belief that you can't use conjunctions to start a sentence, but alright. Perfect grammar on the internet isn't pretentious, and don't act like it takes any more effort than writing without.

that guy () seems to be triggering you, do you want some memes?
here ya go sport, i hope you enjoy them

What I have is very, very incomplete. Never found the full, proper thing, only saved what was posted here.

bloodborne memes for everyone :)

No. That's way too much exposition. It wouldn't even feel like a From soft game

Thinking about it 'over agressive' is a dumb way of saying it. More like anything risky or any slow attack (which most likely does more dmg, just like the jump attack in the webm) gets easily punished. Maybe he triggered the multihit by beeing to close and right in front of Ook. Not entirely sure though.

I disagree. It's not just the gameplay people are afraid would change, I know I haven't even thought about it, what we've been discussing is the story. There's no potential storyline possible that won't seem like stupid fanfiction. Everything went just far enough in Bloodborne that to go further would start to mess it up. It can look like Bloodborne, feel like Bloodborne, but it wouldn't be Bloodborne. What you're describing is some kind of perfect sequel which we know won't happen.

>DaS3 however took BB and took to next level.
huh?

Here, have another one. You can stop now.