/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>land vehicle edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>user's vlog
youtube.com/watch?v=KwaT_LjPEvg

>user's Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=apUkFJ7QEAg

>Bird Deaths
youtu.be/J3fl55uDspY
youtube.com/watch?v=pARZR9CHk8Y

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ixYVhVhorHY
youtube.com/watch?v=E6nUfpsip8A
youtube.com/watch?v=lbJteXlPOUQ

>RWD Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=NgS93jelnzo
youtu.be/5L0KlZAfmO4

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lfRTPWqo_zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

RIP in peace to the unreported dead Hondas
>Press F to pay respects

i like the yellow lude

never knew i could have my headlights down but high beams on

I don't think that's normal user

Bought a dashcam recently, have only had it a while but have already managed to record something noteworthy.

Was just a pull between my Prelude and some 5.3 Silverado, but I wasn't expecting to be able to catch him and it was a nice feeling to be able to relive it.

youtu.be/lfRTPWqo_zw

Looks good, those fuckin dashcams do better in bad lightning than most cheap phones, I'm saving up for a Garmin.

The quality on the dashcam itself is 1080p and looks amazing. You can make out plate numbers and everything. I'm just paranoid, so I uploaded at a quality where street signs, plate numbers, etc. are nice and blurry but it's not unwatchable.

10/10 purchase, especially for someone with liability insurance it's stupid not to invest in one now that the prices have come down.

Thinking about putting the integra up for sale. How much should I ask for it?
bone stock, 124k miles, 5spd, B18C1 that came with the car. Honestly there's an LS from 2000 posted nearby for 4,500 with 135k miles so I was thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 6-7, what do ya'll think?
Only cons are
>1/6 speakers work
>minor ding in rear quarter panel (mostly paint damage)
I plan on installing new speakers whether I keep or sell it, but if ya'll think I'm pulling a boomer-tier move let me know because I really like this car as a daily.

Think I'm gonna do fog lights soon. One of my LED low beams went out so I'm gonna do a warranty claim to replace it. Went ahead and got new ones already in then I noticed the fog lights use the same bulb as the Denji low beams. When I get my old pair replaced I'll use those for fogs. Not sure if yellow or clear lens though.

I got my A118C a long while ago and it's great. Got the whole setup including SD card for $90. Very worth it.

It'd be interesting to see that race from a dig and slow rolling

Why are you planning to sell it?

Kinda want another car.

My damn dashcam beeped at me because I had yet to set it up properly and I edited it out, but you could hear both engines straining as soon as we are both straightened out. A dig though would be interesting, since it would be lack of torque vs lots of weight.

and by "kinda" I mean "entertaining the notion" because most of my options wouldn't make for good DDs, which the new car would have to do

Timing cover is warped with marks from contact with the pulleys and has no gasket, but it hasn't interfered with the belt or hasn't damaged it.

Put it back on or wait to find another?

Put it back on, an exposed timing belt can pretty much last it's use life, so one that's covered but not 100 percent sealed shouldn't have a problem either.

We're getting a new timing belt on there, so I was a little worried. Hope I find another one.

>Change eld
>No error codes
>Maintenance req is still on
>???
>Inspect engine more
>Notice more caked burt oil under valve cover where it mates with head
Fuck
>Fresh oil in a hard to see spot under manifold
Fuck
>Also notice hose connected to powersteering resivoir has a gash under the clip holding it on
just
>Valve cover gasket has given up entirely and is now like jello
Didn't even know this could happen
>Check trans fluid
>Its sarting to show signs of burning
About time. Dad probably wont let me use the garage for flushing and changing it.
I still have no clue what the maintenance req is so im just checking literally everything.
My cars going to die soon isnt it?

MAINT REQD is just a 7500 mile oil change light, no biggie.

Repainting/fixing my hubcaps, worth or nah?

New is 20 bucks. Lots of cool styles on Amazon if you don't want the generic AutoZone and Walmart options

I've considered it but idk.
New shit brakes get them covered in shit.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Its filled slightly too high but my trans fluid is slightly too low.

I'm not saying your car is doing great, but that's all the maint reqd light is, you can turn it off by holding the trip reset button on trip A and then turning the key the the ON II position.

>the the
to the*

Why did we ever quit the side profiles? Personally I liked it a little more. By the way C9 in the current collage is the same car as F15 in the dead if it matters.

There's a key turn sequence to turn it off did you do that?

Go new covers my nig

its the oem ones from the 80s

>check price of fuel injector
>$53.59 each
>over $2000 if i do all four
JUST

200*
fuck

Oh well then your better off running a cheapo set so they don't get stolen or lose one. I would try to fix them too

>open passenger door
>Side moulding on the door pops the moulding off the fender and bends

The fuck I just adjusted that fender Sunday. Good thing I got more 3M tape.

>tfw vacuum advance advancing too much
>tfw gas leak from one of my injectors
>tfw don't know if they're related problems
I just wanna fix the misfires and not burn down my car ;_;

what the FUCK are these little plastics nubs on the windows of my friend's 09 civic?

I see similar things on other modern cars. Never found out what they were.

>tfw modern cars so boring they have to make up new shit to put on the exterior

>gas leak from one of my injectors
same here bro
same here
floods the engine, too. hot starts means foot on gas to 3k like the ricer i am

Window nipples.

Sell it for 5k and buy an 87' mr2.

Mine might be doing the same thing. I remember driving to get ramen with a friendo, and starting the car after and it dying unless I gave it gas. That could be more related to my timing being way off though.
My gas is leaking out onto the intake manifold. It's not a huge amount, but if it gets worse I could be in for some problems. Gonna try replacing all the seals before buying new injectors.

I guess my TLX is kill, rip in pepperoni

That happened to me when hanging with friends
>chchchc brubrububururu.....
>"hold on"
>chch-BRAAAaaaaammm
>"Ok."

F

And I drove it today, nobody told me it no longer exists, back to the bicycle.

You never had me.

You never had your car.

Spotted a good looking CR-Z about 158 miles away (lel midwest) at a Honda dealer. Gonna stop by the bank tomorrow to see what kind of rates we can get.
>2013
>23k miles
>manual
>no nav screen
Fuck that nav screen.

>Grab CD slot phone mount
>Plug phone into aux

Better than any nav screen.

They're completely useless if the driver owns a smartphone. They're probably becoming standard because it's cheaper to make a screen rather than a bunch of buttons and knobs.

Every single user interface I've tried sucks.

I can see them getting better with Android Auto that actually works with your phone instead of some stupid proprietary software that will lose support fast. That's my plan if I ever mod my car to accept a double din unit.

leave it to car companies to skimp out on hardware/software
Blackberry's RIM should have jumped onto the car infotainment train instead of throwing themselves under the bus that is the smartphone market.

If anyone has a 1 st Gen Honda Fit or specifically a 2007 Fit Sport with a problem with the rear hatch. I think I found the problem.

I have a whole series of photos but basically the actuator weakens and can't connect the cable lever to the lock lever via the white
plastic arms

I'm going to try and grease it and maybe use a dremel to widen the slot the white arms slide in allowing it to travel easier.

I can see that working, a bit like Apple's Car Play or whatever thing with Volkswagen.
Dealers could make a pretty penny off of it too, and open a huge open source aftermarket.

Reminds me of how Nokia suffered a similar fate with Windows.

F for Nokia.

>tfw still using an S^3 device
F

So I got this big ass tool bag that I always keep in the back of my car. It's heavy as fuck and I know I don't need all that shit with me in the car at all times. What should I keep in the car to keep it lightweight?

>1/4in stubby ratchet with long and short sockets
>3/8in ratchet with long and short sockets
>3/8in breaker bar for wheel lugs
>pliers and cutters
>zip ties
>phillips and flat head screwdrivers

That's off the top of my head. I swear my tool bag weighs over 40 pounds. Having it compact would also help for any junkyard runs I do in the future.

How old is that?

>got my first real smartphone in summer 2013 because NEET
>always had the latest one since then

A fast phone helps me a ton for work. I power use the shit out of them.

I got it in may of 2011 when I was 15, I told my mom I'd keep it as long as I could because she was paying 399 shekels, so I did, definitely needing something new for LTE because the browser has no HTML5 javascript support and I don't want to tether.

Definitely worth it. Service providers have gotten good enough to where I dropped my home internet and just tether off my phone while I'm home. It's leagues faster than the 6.5m/bit DSL AT&T gave me. Literally my only choice at this apartment complex when they know they could be giving me U-Verse or something from this decade. They rather charge me $100+ a month for that shit instead

Fucking jews.

Even to this day I've seen 9mbps on the 3G HSDPA+ and 1 up with a good signal, plenty for shitposting on the go, even the cheap 4 core phones like the Samsung J3 my mom got are really impressive.

That's pretty badass for 3G.

What I got now is just about 40 times faster than my old DSL. Paying a fifth of the price too. Only adds $25 to my phone bill to have unlimited LTE tethering. T-Mobile is so fucking based.

AT&T had a 150GB data limit too. Charged extra if we went past that.

>18.45 up with 80ms
Fuck you could game on that, my TWc cable always says 13ms and shit but when you're gaming it feels like you're 500ms behind other players.

Yeah I've been waiting years for them to have some kind of unlimited tethering plan. Jumped on it as soon as it started. It can be a bit spotty at times but even at its slowest, it's better than what I used to have.

It's real nice to download a 30+GB game the same night I buy it. I used to have to plan out when to run my downloads so I can have it ready within a week. Plus had to deal with the data cap bullshit, and the random outages.

That's pretty good, I also held onto my N8 because I had an unlimited data plan for non smartphones back in 2011 when they were going hard with the 2GB cap and ATT didn't know my Nokia N8 IMEI, now they do and It's unlimited but slows down after 3gb, definetly gonna get T-mobile under my own name when I get a better job.

Yeah they're a 10/10 provider. They say my priority for speed is dropped after 28GB of data usage but I don't even notice it. Currently at 34GB. I've done 150+ with no issues when I downloaded a bunch of games.

Total noob to wrenching here, thinking about getting a CRX, how easy or hard are they to work on yourself? What common problems should I look out for besides the usual used car red flags?

Will be submitting my car to the collage when I'm back home this weekend lads, I look forward to being part of the Honda senpai

You gotta do what you have to do

B

>tfw unknown gas leak
I think it's probably my evap valve

>It is a guide for the window as it closes. It is only needed for closing the window when traveling at higher speeds as the airflow sucks the window outward. Why you see it on cheaper cars probably has to do with the thickness of the glass and the build of the window frame.

Your photo expired user see I also made an announcement in the past two threads in the OP

Yea fuck those nav screens. Anything touch screen really. You can't feel then too adjust them while driving

I'm surprised a later year of that generation has that kind of problem.

Join the collage btw see

>Did speed test four times for my Wi-Fi
> 2, 3, 11, 11mbs
I thought I had more :(
My data is """unlimited""" but they slow you down after 2GB iirc. Pic related for my 4GLTE

Easier than newer cars. Oil burning/leaking and power steering leak if it has it. Don't be surprised if your alternator or radiator needs to be replaced within the few years of owning it. They might still be original

What do you have?

I liked my snow picture, I'll get another one.

Gonna need proof again

For more freedom. The new one adds more character and a different attitude.

Rust/body rot, abusive owners and poor modifications. They are civics so mechanical parts are available, but still very old and not everything is gonna work or feel right. Plastics and body panels are challenging to find.

If retro aesthetic is for you, get a first gen. If you want a project car, get a second gen because double wishbone all around rather than torsion bar and solid axel.

>VERY SOON

>tfw waiting for civic si news

Need this little piece from an EF Civic to properly do my horn later. Any guesses to how much they'll charge at the dealer? I'm looking at $15 online. Part itself is 5 and shipping is 10.

About 8 bucks at the dealer. Sweet. I'll have it tomorrow.

>Tfw the coupe isn't a liftback

Cmonnn that rear window is useless anyway might as well have been the modern day Integra.

They probably kept the roof as long as they good for muh rollover safety, but I would've appreciated an integra liftback.

>good
could*

Here's my sticker and my next post will be the picture

Lel

Welp
Aftermarket gasket or just use RTV?

Kek you will be if any delays happen

I'm surprised the price isn't more extensive at the dealer.

Will re add your 15 TLX fàm.
Don't forget it'll expire within a year.

For what?