Keeping the car

How long do you guys plan on keeping your current car(s)? Do you want to hold on to it for as long as you're able to, are you looking to replace it or are you perhaps unsure?

Share your thoughts and feelings!

I have one that is a keeper in the garage.
My "beaters" i tend to replace them when they start to get tired. I like to buy used cars so i buy them when they are like 5 years old and low milage and replace them after ~10years or if i find a good deal with a car i like

That Series is good to go after a bit of work.

>Acura
Maybe a year. I really want a 4x4, 4.0l Ford ranger with a 5speed.
>Ferd
I will never get rid of it unless it gets totaled
>Honda Shadow
I'd sell it right now if a buyer came up

She was a keeper 2 years ago, now I have problems out the ass. Probably time to let her go. Transmission died, ignition coil went, starting to rust, CEL is on again.

F

Best pic I have from 2014, better one from last year, notice body work on back.

Civic, two, maybe three more years depending on how well it's maintained it's value vs it's reliability at that point.
Passat, I honestly don't have a plan for her. I do drive it more than the civic, and already have most of the specialty tools needed, so I don't see myself parting with it anytime soon.

>92 Cadillac
Until it catches on fire at 150k miles.

those passats in europe are pretty solid, but they have the legendary 1.9TDI. The 1.8T isnt known for very good reliability

I have a designated beater shitbox, I won't be too heartbroken when I finally have to get rid of it. I really like my other cars so I plan on keeping them indefinitely.

>2013 m3
keeping it forever. or at least until the day it shits a rod bearing and grenades the engine

>2000 tundra
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. I will never leave this truck and will always fix it. The only way I will is if it's hit by a meteor or stolen by some tweaker.

Yep. That's the reason I bought it. My parents had a 1.9tdi in Spain, and when I moved to America I saw this one for cheap, figured it would have an air of familiarity, also the only car in manual I could find for the budget. The 1.8t has varying degrees of reliability, depending on the generation and maintenance. It's been a lot of work but dammit I've grown far too fond of it.

My 1983 300D Turbo-Diesel shall never be sold.
Till death do us part.

447,000 miles and still running well. She's in good shape. Great interior as well. Paint is...okay. I think I'm going to keep it completely original

>tfw you love your car
>tfw you will keep it perfectly maintained
>tfw you will never abuse it
>tfw you love driving it
>tfw you want to keep it forever

>tfw you know you probably wont get to keep it forever
>tfw you know someday it will probably get smashed by some bitch on her phone
>tfw you will watch your car die
>and there is nothing you can do about it

That exact thing has happened to me before with my first car. I loved my 1997 Ford Ranger. Had it two and a half years.

20 year old dumbass me had bald tires on the back and lost control on a wet bridge and flipped. It was painful.

>2002 Saturn SC2
reliable shitbox, but open to replacing it
>1991 MR2 Turbo
i just want this fucker out of my life

sweet mercedes, I almost bought a an '85 300TD

85 k3500 one ton
Survived this far, solid truck, might as well keep it

300 dollar 1993 mighty max
Don't know what the fuck to do with it. Keep, sell or full rallycar... Possibilities

Volvo 240
Bought this as the maintain forever DD. I hate everything and everyone.

Motorcycles are a fluid commodity in my life.

i'm considering buying a beaten up w123 200d because at least it's not a fucking golf 1, is this a responsible thing to do

everythings for sale...

'99 Ford Ranger
5 -spd Lima 4 engine.

it's fucking slow, the gears are hard to shift into, CEL is on again and no radio.

when it fucks up for the last time i'm getting rid of it and rather get a used F150 or silverado from some dealer

Let me get at that mr2 for free99 m8

I have a 4th gen Nova and plan on keeping it as long as I can, I got it running and in good shape, 18 to the gallon after a new top end so it's not bad as my daily either.

>94 Civic hatch

Never selling it. Maybe a reshell at most. The drivetrain is easily replaced for cheap if it goes out. I just did the head gasket and timing belt last November so it shouldn't be going out any time soon. Many miles ahead of it.

Sorry it's gonna get a small oil leak and you'll sell it to some guy instead of fixing it.

It had an oil leak, but I fixed it already.

Saab 9000 and 900 I plan on keeping forever.
Saab 9-3, eh nobody would want it, it has hail damage, but I'm not going to stop maintaining it, so it will probably hang around for a long time.
Triumph tr6, it was my dad's, so I would feel bad letting it go.
Jeep,fucking POS filthy pig can go right now.

Probably forgot to replace the crush washer

Nah it was a failed oil level sensor.

I'll take that Series I if nobody wants it.

I have a volvo 940 i drive myself and an opel astra g my wife drives. The astra will probably be replaced for something new and safer. The volvo is my keeper. My plan is to continually improve it until I'm satisfied. This summer it's getting new seats and electric windows, the engine is pulling fine, so I'll settle for scrounging the parts as they come along. Hopefully it will end up as a nice sleeper.

In the process of rebuilding my beloved wj after my mom totaled it. I plan on maintaining and keeping it forever as a DD

Never getting rid of it, but will continue to buy other cars.

I get a brand new car every 2 years on lease

>13 civic
Until it blows up and/or becomes unreliable

>75 Chebby Scottsdale
Forever. Small blocks are cheap and modern trucks are for cucks

Pic related (E39 540i 6-speed stick). Bought it new. Hope I die before it does.

i paid too much for it and now it's trying to kill me

send help

About to buy a 1985 Dodge Ram 150 Extended Bed. Gonna keep it as long as I possibly can. If I can save enough I"ll only sell it if I find a good offer on a Lil' Red Express.

That's a car to hold on to, nice.

It's going to be 6 years old when it's fully paid off this year. It's showing no sign of stopping working any time soon, so I'm going to keep it for a few more years.
I honestly just like the damn car, despite it's few flaws, and I don't want to go through the process of buying another goddamn car again for a few years.
And besides, I have a motorbike to buy this year. So I think I'm gonna give it another three years after it's paid off towards the end of the year, and see how long it survives.
100k miles or 10 years are the limit, though.

I've had my miata since 2008 and love it even more than I used to. It's nearing a quarter-million miles and I'm more than willing to keep it going indefinitely unless I total it.

I'll probably get another car (likely Forester 2.5XT) but won't sell the miata.