/ng/ - Nioh General

Okatsu Edition

Previous thread

>Countdown:
1 days, 0 hours, 58 minutes and 12 seconds.

>New Information:
You can gain glory from killing revenants, these glory points are used for unique items/disguising yourself as another character
You can summon story NPCs such as Ginchiyo or Hanzo to complete levels with you
Various factions based off historical Sengoku period houses exist for you to join, they each have unique stat benefits, rankings and weekly "faction battles"

>Various images and video from an incomplete playthrough:
dropbox.com/sh/2kimuai3qvfpt58/AABlTxra7Hl9wdxWX1xNuLPZa?dl=0

carry limit on matchlock is pretty low, need to stack a lot of unlimited ammo to play zombie shooter.

>1 days, 0 hours, 58 minutes and 12 seconds.
wait does it really unlock that early?

go back to bloodborne you filthy cuck

Otani was such a shit for not giving us Moth girl

Fighting through that bridge is gonna be a ton of fun.

You know somethings up whenever there is a sudden increase in revenants.

Monday night, midnight. Depending on your timezone, yes.

>dying to onryoki at that point
holy shit people are bad

Have you farmed him? Does he give his head as a helmet?

>tfw no ps+

I know. And somehow they were able to get the game before me. Fucking aids

I'm really curious how so many people were able to find stores that put it up for sale early.

the tri-state area has a gorillion mom-and-pop video game stores that break street date consistently

chinatown in nyc has like 5 within 3 blocks of each other

Oh nice, we're back. The Nioh threads on /v/ are absolute cancer by the way. A lot of shitposting.

Sadly none here where I live.

Yes

>Sony goes the way of nintendo
>Starts console banning people that play non-review copeis of games way before release date.

TFW I would pay for it.

The helmet he normally wears of course

BTW, not his hat, his head as in glowly horns and all just like ogress/onryoki.

Is there a known max level yet?

Seeing as there are level 320 twilight missions, it will be high.
99 in all stats maybe?

Just so we're clear.
Your build will be what effects you put on your gear and what spirit you choose.
By the end of the game you'll have so many stat and skill points.

For people who wants to spreadsheet optimize their build should instead figure out which gear effects that can't appear together (for reforging, soulmatching etc)

I certainly hope not. If that is the case I guess we will have to select a meta for pvp in this as well.

I suppose this would be quite easy to do at least with the way to respec books work.

I can dram that they cap it at like 200 and keep going up in mission level so it just gets harder and harder though.

I've only killed him a couple of times but I think it's pretty certain he doesn't drop his head

Have you yet encountered the in-game drops of the beta rewards?

They did say those were obtainable in-game. If there were other boss head helmets, they would probably be as rare.

He looks great. I wish we could get the set he wears in the Famitsu image.

Gear level caps out at 150, that's much more significant than character level.

This will be the PVP area.

You can.

[no]

In NG+, I wonder if it goes up in NG++.

So how are you guys gonna approach stat levelling?

Nope, nothing

I'm one and a half region away from NG++ so probably tomorrow I can answer that unless someone else is already on NG++

the general actually 404ed at the perfect time, all the shitposting from here moved into the /v/ thread

Previously I saw someone say that after 20 in a stat most weapon damage bonuses are negligable from said stat
Does this mean its best to get your weapons scaling stats to 20, then only worry about stats needed to wear the gear you want?

>stat leveling
Yeah that's what i am interested as well. I planned to do a (vit/end) heart/spirit build but it seems spirits usually only provide bonuses to other stats and such. I guess we should always level two dmg scaling stats to use the two different weapons.

If they put in a warrior difficulty but somehow didn't make a conqueror difficulty the significance pasta maker is going to come out of this game extremely disappointed.

I've seen some equipment effects that are bonus damage when target has a certain debuff, poison, lightning, paralysis etc.
Like the hino enma helmet has 40% bonus damage against paralyzed targets.
Mite b good.

Weapon/armor stat>guardian spirit stats>survival/arts stats

So, say, if I wanted to do a Kurisigama/Axe build, I would focus on leveling strength and dexterity, then toss on whatever I need for my gear, then worry about spirits? Though I'm pretty sure the rabbit spirit is gonna be my go-to

don't need PS+ for revenants

You'll get so many stat points and the gain from leveling str/dex beyond a certain point will be so minimal you'll end up putting points in other things, like for example magic even if it's just to get one spell or even no spells and just to unlock the various passives.

Sounds good to hear, thanks for the responses
Now I just need the damn game

I am actually a little sad about this if that is the case.

Kind of kills build variety.

Not really
People will have up to two weapons, all of which varry in approach
Some might delve deeper into magic or ninjustu, some might not touch either
You'll have A weight limit speedsters, C weight limit tanks, and mid-tier B general-purpose characters
Then there is the different guardian spirit effects, and of course, most importantly
FASHION

>all the shitposting has effectively killed any excitement I had for the game
this is good
this means I will be able to function tomorrow and most of tuesday without itching to play the game

build variety is more about gear and the skills and spirit you have equipped. if you look at the spirits for example a lot of them have pretty strong identities, like the pheonix, peacock or yatagarasu, and you only get to use one

>+15% unlimited onmyo
what does this mean? I finished the last trial using 1kat and never browsed into the magic/ninjutsu/spirit side of the game

I suppose. But even then the difference between gear isn't really that high. It more or less supports if you want to dodge or block and what stance damage you want to buff. Since Ninjutsu and magic are mostly buffs you can't really make a "magic" character if every character has everything.

15% chance to not use up a charge of whatever onmyo item you're using

It means onmyo is unlimited at 15%.

Push start you fucking moron.

can you get date masamune hat?

Again, build variety will come largely from what effects you put on your gear.

There is a ton of different effects.
Put a lot of "+% damage from behind" and have use the various skills that lets you swoop behind people.
Go for +Ki damage/Break with +Grapple damage and focus on breaking peoples guard and stamina
Stack all the (Critical) effects (usually powerful but only active when you're under 30% HP) with the guardian that automatically activates living weapon when you take a killing blow.
Combine status effects with +% damage against targets with status effects

Yup, I liken it to Diablo II. The gear is the fundamental basis of your build, your spirit and skill points complement and accommodate it.

damage from behind on gear is you taking less damage from behind not attack

you can't put "a lot" on

I meant just gear=armor to make it clearer, on weapons only you get extra damage from behind

not sure if your offhand weapon bonuses works but then you can only have the bonus twice anyway

>first guardian is the best in the game and only requires 10 spirit to unlock all passives

nice

Just tried stacking +damage when target is paralyzed (hino enma helmet and some accessories)
Picking out a random 2kat with paralysis on and did water sword on onryoki, water sword went from doing 100 per hit to 500.
Too bad paralysis effects ends instantly they get hit so it was only for a couple hits, poison might be better.

Is the Takeda clan in this game? Takeda Shingen is my favorite samurai

Shingen himself is not, the game takes place in the year 1600. The clan is one of many you can join for the online component, though.

>person interested in samurai
>weeb
Mate that's not how it works

The Takeda clan got destroyed in 1582, game takes place mostly in 1600. So no Shingen. Maybe we'll get a throwback to him in one of the DLC though, especially as there's a mighty good chance that Kenshin will get something in "Dragon of the North" -- the Date fought the Uesugi during Sekigahara, after all, and though Kenshin is dead, he'd make for a great yokai like Nouhime (Yukionna). Would be weird to have Shingen entirely absent.

Then again, the Uesugi might get nothing either. Wouldn't be the first time a Sengoku game cucked them during a Sekigahara scenario in spite of them being part of the catalyst for it historically.

t. Literal weeb.

>know history of a country not america or europe
>weeb
Neck yourself.

A weeb is someone who fetishizes Japanese culture or acts like anime/video games are the end-all, be-all primer on Japanese culture. Nothing I said was even remotely close to being weebish. Otherwise a shitload of military historians are weeb according to you, which is retarded.

Holy crab, weeblord here going on full blast.

>calling someone a weeb in a nioh thread on Veeky Forums

you better watch yourself kisama

>Going on full offensive.

You're cute, CUTE. Don't forget to do your ninjasu, Naruto.

What weight class is the red demon armor for Ii Naomasa clan bonuses?

Explain in what way EXACTLY in full detail why his basic explanation was anywhere near weeb-tier.
Go ahead, i'll wait.

Calm down weeblord.

I think it's light armor.

why get light armor get all the cool shit heavy armor should get more sets for investing in stamina

Why go heavy when you can go medium and get best of both world?

Why go medium when you can go light and have all the stamina you ever need?
>inb4 I don't wanna die when i get hit
Don't get hit.

Because I never run out of stamina on medium, get extra defense on medium, and don't have to waste money on glamouring because medium armor fits my aesthetic tastes the best anyway.

I suppose those who've lived in darkness just can't imagine the light.

Got that one from orange ninja chronicles, weeblord?

Great thread

How are the later levels? I havent seen anything from mission 9 and onwards

>guy with kusarigama and full ninjutsu build blows living weapon on a single oni and still loses half his health
this is the average player

I tried to avoid it, I don't like environmental spoilers, so I don't know how complex or big the areas themselves are. But all their themes seem to be pretty varied.

>game will be delivered a day earlier

Soon

>tfw Shipping soon

That's just what it says. Watch it have a hold-by date.

>user doesn't know they screwed the pooch on delivering proper amounts to distributors

Game's already in my city mate

Doubtful. Canada Post always ignores those anyway.

>Canada
Should have figured it was one of these faggot.

What's it like having stable economy, healthcare, crime rates, and employment?

You....

You....

Double-monarchist.

>What's it like having stable economy
>employment
I don't have good news user..

>This game might actually make me buy a ps4

Y-yeah? W-well at least you don't have any politicians that a-act like d-drug addicts...

Don't worry user, usually Amazon.ca ships things through Purolator so even if you select "two-day shipping" you don't get your game for a week. I only just got Yakuza 0 on Thursday. Thankfully they shipped Nioh through the post.

Also it's nice knowing that the only real crime is if you're stupid enough to go downtown after dark or get too close to the homeless natives. Makes it easier to avoid.

we have ones that don't stutter like faggots at least.

Here, have some OC.

do the tittles prestige points share between characters?

Watched this for like a minute going "Fuck, how many of them are there?"

-

Haven't followed since Beta and saw my mate playing this earlier, it crashed during the first "Boss" fight after the cutscene; is there anything else I should be aware of before jumping in?

Trying to go in as blind as possible but would like to be prepared for any technical bullshit.

I haven't heard of any other people crashing, hopefully it's not a big issue.

Ps4 pro is having crash issues.