/ovg/ - The 86 saves the day again edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread . New thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Dx0BDCaa!sExG11vNVXXlDPe44FgQlvUZO3mn6lVo_1bGmo_3lxw
discord.gg/ejK6p
gravelvideogame.com/
pretendracecars.net/2017/02/21/unreal-promises/
pretendracecars.net/2016/11/29/all-possible-simulation-value-the-review-of-brick-rigs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for OVGT86

bring on the Veeky Forums webms

post webms

why isn't /ovg/ having a Discord?

>cosmo
>not a busrider

Pick one

memefags
nothing to gain over using the thread

dunno, having an ingame racing voicechat or something but I guess Mumble is there for it

Please James don't reveal our secrets.

We do, although it's only really a back up in case the mumble or thread ever eat shit for whatever reason.

Do it James for the lulz

it's a fucking Chinese botnet

The backup mumble is belarusian mumble faggot

send link

OVGT86 kinda feels like a successor to OVG86.
I'm not feeling vallelunga or mugello, but the whole "low power rwd fun car" always brings good and fun racing.

Because it will be filled with memes instead. Though ovg already "has one" I guess, but it's pretty dead.

Optional skin pack is on the OVGT86 server. You do not need it to race but those skins have been added for variety.

mega.nz/#!Dx0BDCaa!sExG11vNVXXlDPe44FgQlvUZO3mn6lVo_1bGmo_3lxw
Unzip to [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common]\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_toyota_gt86\skins

have any of you faggots downloaded Project Cars?

I purchased it a couple months ago for cheap.

now that it was free for a while im looking for people to play with

wished for streets though, eco tires are ew on a tight track like Brands Hatch. Ah gonna have some good slides

Understeer Simulator? I just can't get it to drive right

Crack for AC when?

any girls(male) want to swap pics on kik?

When Greece pays their debts.

Wait, so it's no longer free?

discord.gg/ejK6p

>stop liking what i don't like
niggers in the thread were talking about f1 indy and nascar.

you have to look for a proper setting. (assuming you use the controller)

Im not sure. it might still be free but not for long.

where was it free

Using a T150 wheel

xbox one marketplace

Oh yes, "Free*" with Xbox Live Games with Gold™

Is the AE86 server down?

>not using your Good Boy Points you earned from mumsie to get xbox live gold

was it up?

What AE86 server?

The AC one, it's all the same shit box man

Livemap says it's up

>people are this poor
>they invade my thread with their cooties

>/ovg/
>not poor

What's the best way to get a copy of Race Driver Grid? I'm actually kind of surprised it's not on steam but Grid 2 and Autosport are

anyone1 else not come on mumble anymore since all the hot girls got chased out? (valrys kira racecar)

It was very recently removed from Steam due to the licenses running out.Just before that it was given away for free on Humble, fuck know how you missed that. Regardless, eBay or desu are your options now.

>was free in december
>removed from steam in january
shit, now i feel retarded

I don't play on consoles, dumbo

>my thread
>my

checked

Sure what's ur Kik bby

yeah that's right, got a problem?

see

nosteam.ro my friend. It's shady but all the other torrents have font bugs

So never.

fuck off

we already have proof of autism here, don't post this shit

>low power
those 86's from ae86 club weren't really that low power, also they had proper racing setups and other important things. GT86 in AC is just a street car, except with no tyres allowed (but i love this series concept nevertheless).

>tfw night race in 86's was my first night sim race ever
>tfw fell out on first corner, right along with half of other players

i hope for more good memories after this one

gravelvideogame.com/

It's basically Motorstorm made by Milestone

are the graphics intentionally bad, like a nostalgia thing?

>accessible physics
reeeeeeee

A baja mode could be great fun though.

>Gravel
Did they see that Dirt was already taken and panic?

I think you missed the apex.

As someone who drives up Pikes Peak a few dozen times a year, I can tell you it's not very accurate.

muh ue4

You have to try to get UE4 to look that bad. It doesn't look half that bad out of the box even on lower settings.

Wasn't he 16 seconds or something slower in real life
That's pretty shit

It's because off road racing games can only have one word in the title
>Dirt
>Fuel
>Pure
>1nsane
>Gravel

Anyone here play Midnight Club LA? I can't stop replaying it, it's just so fun and the soundtrack is great and there's so much content. I never see it discussed on /v/, or any other racing game that's not Need for Speed or was released more than a year ago.

>never had a PS3 or X360
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wanted to play this game ever since it first came out but I never had the opportunity sadly.
The customization options were something I was really interested in and looking back at videos of it nowadays, it's still pretty impressive how this game (which is almost 9 years old) can offer customization that's just as, maybe even more detailed than the latest NFS game.

Why not pick up a ps3 or 360? Easy to find, cheap of course, and has a neat little collection of games that are also cheap. But pick one up before they get into that ps2/xbox territory where the games start being sold for their original retail price or more due to scarcity.

And as for the game itself, yes the customization is really good. It's a fun little arcade-style racer. The only flaw is that the default controls are weird (using the analog stick to accelerate/reverse and the triggers to change gears) but thankfully you can make a custom control set.

>tfw never got Fuel when it was cheap and it's been off Steam for years

;_;

It's gonna be shit m8, UE4 can't do car physics

>ue4 can't do car physics
that's why there are programmers in team. you can write whatever physics you want, you don't need to use prefabs from engine examples.

Show me one UE4 game with good vehicle physics

I thought about picking up a PS3 some day for the console exclusives I missed.

>default controls are wierd
>analog stick to accelerate/reverse and the triggers to change gears
Nigga what? That's exactly how it should be done. Atleast for the Playstation contoller
>inb4 you're talking about the xbox contoller
alright, I get your point

Brick Rigs

absence of evidence is not evidence itself

I guess the flying spaghetti monster is real then, there's no proof he isnt

>ue4 can't do good car physics because I watched a tutorial on youtube once and don't know anything about game engines
lmao

Your example doesn't work since there is no proof either way and burden of proof is on the one who makes the claim.

I have evidence to back up my claim, you don't

Please, present it. Be it the proof of the noodly appendage or UE4 car physics not working. Because in the latter the first comment still applies.

pretendracecars.net/2017/02/21/unreal-promises/

:)

>James
>Credible

Nice ad hominem

>pretendracecars.net
Sorry James but I'm not giving you adrevenue. You could've just posted your proof in the thread instead of making me read some article(?) you've written.

Two can play that game
pretendracecars.net/2016/11/29/all-possible-simulation-value-the-review-of-brick-rigs/

I'd like to put emphasis on these sentences:
>The Steam store page lists Brick Rigs as a dynamic driving and destruction physics sandbox powered by the Unreal 4 engine
>the game’s physics engine handles your creations quite well. I’m not going to say this is some hidden gem of a simulator, but controlling your vehicle with a standard Xbox 360 pad warrants an experience similar to BeamNG or Rigs of Rods.
>Weight distribution comes into play depending on where you’ve placed each block on your car.
>the damage engine allows you to limp around sans bodywork – running over the various pieces that you’ve left behind on the side of the road
>there are even options to change basic spring settings in the garage menu for that extra bit of mechanical grip.

sounds like good driving physics to me

>this 30min-in-development amateur touge game is shit, so everything is shit
it's a fucking graphics engine, you can even rewrite original physics and collision functions if you feel like it

So not only he tried to clickbait me into reading his article, he also proves himself wrong?

Quality journalism.

You know ad hominem is an argument based on the targets personal qualities? You calling it an ad hominem makes you self-aware of your credibility.

There's a difference between Milestone and Sector 3 though, Milestone actually made their physics engine and can reasonably port it to UE4 while S3 has been living off ISI's work.

Also, Milestone have said they have been working on UE4 for like two years so unless they're dirty lying loud italians, you can reasonably expect them to have worked out how to make it work as they wish.

Ad hominem isn't always a fallacy. In this case it is a valid argument.

If S3 was just living off ISIs work, Raceroom would have tyre pressures from the start dont you think

So they took isiMotor and made it worse?

Now I am TOTALLY confident they can make a great simulation, thank you.

Ranek shills pls go

raceroom drives pretty good senpai

Because it's isiMotor

Does anyone know if there's a rip of the fictional sponsor decals from the Need for Speed games (e.g the Touge Union or Noise Bomb decal on this car)? I'd like to do some replicas of some of these liveries, and it would be nice not to have to create the sponsors from scratch.
I know these decals appeared in Pro Street, Shift 2 and NFS 2015 but I haven't found decal rips from any of these games
Did anyone ever try doing that? Is it even possible?

But it doesnt have tyre pressures

Literally unplayable

I suppose you can try to use TexMod to dump the texture and rip the logos. I can't remember if these were available in the vinyl editor, or just baked into the default textures though, so you might have to dump a car texture and do some detouring.

Thanks, TexMod sounds neat
I only see people using TexMod with the NFS games developed by Black Box (up to Undercover) but it should work with all DX9 games, right?
Is there maybe an equivalent software that works for DX11 games?