smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
github.com/comphack/comp_hack
images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMTU1NTYwNzEyOTE0ODYyMDkvMjc3NDk2NTQxNTM3ODk0NDAwL0xOQy5QTkcifQ.BPeIJC8dF0pX91FSXjY7dY9otnE
images.discordapp.net/.eJwVy1EOgyAMANC7cABKOwvq_w5CkCCJWgb1y-zuy97_e8zdD7OaXbWNFWCrI0nf7FDpsWRbRMqRY6vDJjkhqsa0n_nSAYTM7F1AWnCaPbkFKNDk3Iz8IuYQCD28P3dt_2DbVcz3B0qZI3g.CEwxJMHLzfN6a34gSDnh6gY6z1I
youtu.be/sUuUjONtsB0
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So is the Apocalypse DLC worth downloading for first playthrough or will it make things too ez?

>We'll never get any attainable Demonica figures
I remember there being a garage kit but I'm not going to even bother with that. Why did they make such a nice design only to never make merch of it?

I downloaded everything and the armors don't seen as broken as the ones from IV, so long you don't spend too long farming grimoires or buy overleveled servants in the black market it should be fine

>Anthony's quest line
was Atlus trying to tell us something?

Guys, should i test the smartphone or listen to Asahi?

Why wouldn't you test the smartphone?

Because curiousity?

dont test it

>tfw the SMT PS1 remakes store already english test in basic ASCII but the japanese text is fucking impossible to change
why

>listening to women

I actually really hope that the 3DS game is a remake of SMT 1+2. I won't even lie and act like I have the patience to play through those games but I'd like to in an updated engine

This is truly the shin shin megami tensei

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

>le 80's angels

SMTIV would have been more epic if it was 1980s tokyo under the dome

Is this going to become a meme?

has anyone even played smt1 and 2? they come last in popularity poll and nobody talks about them shits

played 1 and it didnt age well. its hard to compare it to 3 and 4.

Most have played them going by those bingo cards from a few threads back.

They just aren't highly rated because they are shitstains on mainline

mainline only has like three games without them

>they are shitstains on mainline
kill youre selve

新女神転生 will redeem them

fuck off Asahi

Asahi is really cute and helpful.

I'd fuck her honestly

I'd fuck her immorally

This.

that's a cool sex toy

>Liftoma doesn't work on cursed tiles
What's the fucking point then, Nocturne

is there a version of this without CA?

>Asahi protects me when Dagda could just revive me

Was thinking the same thing

Was pondering the possibility

Shesha was going to eat your soul, and Dagda can't revive you from that.
Of course, Asahi didn't know that, so it's more of a plot convenience thing

What was even the point of that scenario in the first place? Surely they didn't think the audience would even care with such bad characters.

So you wouldn't get a chance to kill Asahi yourself. I don't know that's my best guess

people who like things like Persona 4 eat up cheap writing like that.

I have nothing against character focused writing in mainline in theory, but the characters have to actually be good or you just get a stupid mess like Final.

That's the worst part about the scene.

>Those who are rich, beautiful, and aggressive are righteous
>It's main figure disguise himself as a highschool girl
What did they mean by this?

Lucifer is sexy.

I'm at the Cathedral in SMT1 and Tokyo has just flooded. I've gone outside and looked around a bit at the entrance of the temple but neither the Law Hero or Chaos Hero will say anything other than "Go take a look outside and see what happened." Where am I supposed to be looking?

is there anyone who can code or knows someone who can code that also liked playing smt imagine?

there's a pserver in development based on the last jp build github.com/comphack/comp_hack

here are some screen shots

images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMTU1NTYwNzEyOTE0ODYyMDkvMjc3NDk2NTQxNTM3ODk0NDAwL0xOQy5QTkcifQ.BPeIJC8dF0pX91FSXjY7dY9otnE

images.discordapp.net/.eJwVy1EOgyAMANC7cABKOwvq_w5CkCCJWgb1y-zuy97_e8zdD7OaXbWNFWCrI0nf7FDpsWRbRMqRY6vDJjkhqsa0n_nSAYTM7F1AWnCaPbkFKNDk3Iz8IuYQCD28P3dt_2DbVcz3B0qZI3g.CEwxJMHLzfN6a34gSDnh6gY6z1I

>nanashi puts his feet on a box labeled DANGER
>right-side-up
phony

I really love exploring in SMT and just finding my own way, but I think the biggest issue is how samey dungeons look. My sense of direction is decent and obviously a map helps, but it gets kind of dull looking at the same pattern over and over with little variety. Even SMTIV had this problem to an extent, but with more wide open areas or alleys with nothing to do besides loot a corpse. I'm not really sure how I'd fix it, but I can't be the only one who feels this way yeah? At a certain point you just end up looking at the map instead of the map and zoning out. Especially dull when you have to do backtracking for quests or if you missed something. Maybe I've just been burning myself out on dungeon crawlers.

Raidou is pretty cool guy

no mt2 no vote

>this whole sidequest
wtf

To the user I was talking to about the fiends in the other thread, just got to the third Kalpa and had the cut scene with the fiends and then proceeded to beat White Rider in Ikebukuro. I think things are going to work out, thank you for your help!

A japanese minister becomes wonker trying to make an energy source out of gods, acquire the brains to rule Lylat, and then get carried around by a braindead waifu until his demise
What's not to get?

>playing DeSu on my 3DS while menu music is playing
>asian roommate comes into the run dancing
>knocks 3DS of my hand and it breaks

is your roommmate mexican?

every time.

Didn't they teach you about reading comprehension in preschool?

He broke your hand?

i don't get it

I find this hard to understand.

no comprendo

Is colonialist neoliberalism Law?

Do demons fart?

depends on gender

Is the enemy encounter rate tuned down a little in SMT2? I'm about done with SMT1, and making my way through the Cathedral wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to stop every two steps for 4 minute battles.

>check to see if someones streaming SMT because bored
>its always people streaming persona and nothing else

I do that too, sometimes.

Once found a guy speedrunning Nocturne's TDE.
The estimate was around 14 hours.

PinkPajamas? He also speedruns Disgaea and EO.

I'd like to see an SMT with more varied areas.
Like, demons terraforming tokyo to make nightmareish hellscapes out of it.

For example, jack frosts could take over a park and make it gradually get colder. Or chaosfags take over a building and turn it into an escher esque nightmare

Yeah, that would be really interesting if they didn't phone it in. Like Strange Journey with the themed sectors but less... Garbled, and more focused in one area. I always thought Orkus's giant warped department store was really cool, just a shame it was limited in scope by the underpowered original DS. I'd love to see more creative ideas like that fleshed out on a more powerful system.
Exploring the ruins of Tokyo was interesting in SMTIV but like I said before, it kinda wore off after a while and felt too same-y. I was really looking forward to exploring the Expanse, but it being a generic forest but all white was kind of disappointing. I'd love to see that more fleshed out and maybe play a better role than being a lame teleporter puzzle.

>difficulty affects compendium prices
Who thought this was a good idea? Why?
Those prices are so inflated it's unreasonable.
Is there any reason at all why I shouldn't just lower the difficulty for the time of fusion and set it back up after I finished?

Huh???

Whaaaaaa...???

Bring more macca fuck boi.

I'm not a good goy, Capcom, I ain't buying your DLC this time. I pirated it, but still I don't wanna grind.

>lower the difficult
Look at this nerd not playing on apocalypse.

youtu.be/sUuUjONtsB0

He can revive him inside the egg by pretending to be on their side. Only when Toki stupidly goes in does Mitra-Buddha makeit impossible, and they'll be too busy fighting tneir ways through mooks.

Cosmic Egg won't hatch until YHVH's dead too, which Krishna doesn't know.

friends ruin everything and dagda was right

How long is Megami Tensei I?

Who is the strongest SMT protag including spin-offs?

Although excluding the seemingly limitless anime style power of "friendship" Persona protagonists have.

My macca is probably on demi-fiend to be honest.

nanashi

>walk around in incredibly shitty-looking, randomized excuses for dungeons for several floors
>filled with enemies that you can't talk to, that don't have their weaknesses displayed, and that give shitty EXP on top of that
>then have to rummage around the final floor some more for an item
>fight a boss, but only for ten turns because ???
>repeat
And somehow Twisted Tokyo is still fucking better than the endless saving and reloading in vanilla 4.

>endless
But it ends soon after you enter Tokyo.

>angels
learn too spell

It has almost been a month since Atlus published the anniversary site, and it still says "Coming soon" on the 3DS Project. What do they gain from hiding it for so long? People are gonna lose interest

Is there an actual hidden alignment system in Apocalypse, like there was in IV?
Or will the ending route be decided by a single dialogue choice at a certain point in the game?
I've been denying Dagda at every point up until now only to be forced to go along with the story.

What emotion is this expression trying to convey?

Both. If your dialogue choices doesn't match the route decision you make, then there is a penalty.

>Is there an actual hidden alignment system in Apocalypse
Yes
>like there was in IV?
No
>will the ending route be decided by a single dialogue choice
In a way, but not completely

Penalty to what?

I like Walter how he would callout bullshit and I felt he was more rational than Jonathan. But then he goes all like "only the strong matter" and got all edgy.

Which sucks. Why can't you go neutral but have Walter and Jonathan live and see your point of view? Having them defect from you and each other no matter what is kinda depressing.

>Walter: Wait, Jonathan, we can't be blindly following orders without hearing out the other party first.
>Lilith: We will open the Hellgate and slaughter every last human in Tokyo.
>Walter: Yes, that's a wonderful idea, my mistress.

For siding against how you've answered. Like if you side with Dagda through out the game and came to the point of choosing the route and you choose your friends, then Dagda gets angry and deletes all your demons in your party/stock. If you do the opposite,then your friends crush all your items in your inventory.

Ah, so that's a one time thing that happens after the route lock?

>such is a samurai's skill

Yeah.

>start playing Final after IV
>get to the world map
>"aw they changed the awesome track from the original"
>"it was so good it went like... what was it again"
>can't remember how the original sounded like because they new tune is too catchy.

It's good man.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc