Trading Goat for Datsun

Hey let me run something past you guys. I want to trade my truck to get back into a sports car. It's a Lifted, Black 2001 Dodge Ram on 33's. 170k miles, 5 speed 5.2L with headers and a flowmaster
Im considering this guy's wrecked 2003 350z. 140k 6spd with front end damage. Clean title and he has all the panels color matched and ready to install. All I would need to buy myself is a passenger door (and paint it) and a control arm (afaik) what do you guys think?

Goddamn iPhones. Here's the Z, the wheel was not damaged but the tire was and he's replaced that

Bump, damnit Veeky Forums I need autists to see the potential here

trading a half ton for a sports car is a pretty radical change

you should seriously think about all the times you have or havent hauled anything or had furniture in the box, because youre losing alot of convenience when you get rid of a truck for a small car

Fuck that car.

Had a beautiful 94 Miata as my daily for 3 years. Got rear ended so I bought my truck, it's been fun but I have more than 1 vehicle and want to corner again.

Not very often do you get body panel damage only. Odd that the car's written off and there's no frame damage.

Front compression rod bushings are common to fail, OEM sells the arm only so you'd have to replace the unit. 03's had notoriously weak trannies. Everything is common G/Z issues.

pic unrelated

i had a truck written off because of hail damage, it was softball sized hail mind you..

Written off as in salvaged? It has a clean title. I have a friend with a spare tranny from his Fairlady, and I'm prepared to replace some suspension components but I'll price the damage when I see it personally

>lifting a half ton on 33s

A stock ranger can run 33s.

>wanting an oil burning, transmission blowing, electric plagued scumbag car
Have fun fixing everything

Bought it this way, planned on getting 15in wheels and running 35's but I'm losing interest

Other friend has had his '04 for 3 years with no issues. From what I've seen they're hit or miss, but I've always been a Mazda guy so I could be wrong

Wasn't accusing you of it, just pointing it out I suppose. From your thread it was pretty obvious you bought it that way. Don't trade for that car btw, you're getting fucked. You can sell that truck for way more than it's worth and but something much nicer.

No hard feelings, never been a truck guy but I appreciate all vehicles and I've enjoyed learning. The problem is Ram's are dirt cheap here if they burn gas. My truck was $3800. So when I see the chance to get that car, put ~$600 in and have a $6,500 I have to ask you guys if I'm crazy

have you personally inspected the car? i doubt thats all the damage it sustained

That's way way way fucking more than $650 in repairs. Don't do it.

Not yet, and I agree. But I'm pretty good at assessing damage and have access to any tool and all the time I'd need. It can only be so expensive, so I'm asking if it's the best case scenario would you guys do the same?

Control Arms and Bushing kit-$200
Used door from CL-$150
Painting myself- at most $100
Misc extra broken shit - $200?

All the other panels are there and color matched

How shit, if you go through with it OP you would be making one of the absolute fucking dumbest decision I've ever fucking heard. Like who in their right mind would think of selling a truck, for a fucking piece of shit weeb shitbox. Like I can't even fathom why you'd even consider it at all.

> Yes I'm fucking mad.

It's not a real truck. It's a Dodge.

Getting 30k fun miles out of this shitbox and flipping it only having spent the price of my cheap truck and a couple parts? I think I can have fun and make money. That's my mindset

Well you didn't come here for advice, you came to justify your decision to people that don't matter. You're delusional, living in a fantasy world, and looking through rose colored glasses. I'm not going to be mean, but make your bad decision, and please don't complain here after.

or just save up and keep your truck and invest later on once u get the money. youll regret ridding that truck.

Your truck is probably worth a lot more than a wrecked rice bucket. Sell it and then buy something with cash.