Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Somebody tell me what I'm looking at

Good job

Ruined paint

Well don't stop now, keep going

This was the last pass on the panel
Will waxing it now do anything? Or is it just straight up fucked where I burnt through the clear?

buff it out

So why the fuck were you even doing this?

Because it badly needed a cut/polish
This is only on the front quarter, my guess is there was no clear which is why it looked dull...not that there was crap on the paint

That poor little ute

Shoot some spray can clear over it and buff it again

oh god kill it with fire

Is this actually a good idea?

How does one check if there is a clear coat on a paint job before they cut/polish? To avoid what happened to OP's UTE

Got a random orbital buffing set as a gift for Christmas and was going to attempt this once the weather warms up but I don't want to make the same mistake

Buff by hand like God intended.

You could've just washed, clay and wax the car like a normal person.

youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g

So tell me, what did you do before buffing it, or did you just cut to the chase and started buffing?

Stop posting your shit Holden.

Get a Falcon or get the fuck out.

Falcunt spotted

Should have applied by hand idiot, if you don't know what you are doing you have no business using a buffer

Full clay, then started doing this
Cousin treats his megane rs250 like gold and said its "foolproof" then gave me his tools and taught me how
Then I fucked my front quater panel...

Oh lawdy

Poor crappyv8uteguy

Oh fuck its this ute, that makes this actually sad

I feel for you OP, were you using a non-oscillating orbital or did you press too hard or what?

I had an oscillating orbital
One side was more faded than the other so I thought Id probably have to respray it eventually
The paint is pretty bad even in the areas where the polish was good
Im going to seal it, then in about 6-12 months give it a full closed door respray, I need a hardcover anyway so at least I dont need to try shop for a red one now

Ur moms pussy XD

You think that we should take another pass at this? 'cause I'm still seeing paint here and it's starting to MOCK ME