/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got started before Gehrman could join in:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Shills will post detailed information on February 8, ignore fake "leaks" until then
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/143/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Need to spawn shit for my build.

Have fun with the Ghrus.

I'm not done posting shitty WebMs

>That picture
Who is the best Lord and why is it Nito?

Shit nigga swing your weapon.

Nito did nothing wrong.

>5 games in the series and there are people who still don't adapt to phantom range

At this point, are you sure it's not your internet?
Or maybe play sometime later, and you're just connects to people who are far far away?

Finally reached silver tonight. When I get Gold I'm fucking done until the DLC.

Stop panic rolling and you will stop being roll caught.

>taking this long to get silver

Looks like a DaS 3 babby

How is roll catching even a thing? Is it latency abuse or an actual mechanic? I got DS3 a couple weeks ago and am just baffled by this shit.

If roll catching weren't a thing, then rolling would be even more overpowered than it is now. Just git gud and time your roll i-frames to coincide with their swings.

I picked it up last month. Have 70 hours on that character and around 200 hours overall. 100% the game too. Just got to get good at this laggy ass PvP.

have you tried, maybe, rolling behind them?

Does that still work with R1 spam?

>Enjoying the game
>decide to spend a few hours to farm some souls in the Forest.
>Have about 450000 souls 10 humanity on me
>done farming and go to dukes archive
>Enemies are hard but fair if you take stealth approach
>Get to fog gate and prepare my battle gear equipment
>Ready to take down any foe the game throws at me
>Enemy is impervious to attacks and has bullshit omnipresent spike attack that kills you
Height of Level Design. Give me back those fucking hours of my life.

The one thing it works is against r1 spam

It's hitting people in the part of rolls that have no i frames. It's a good "mechanic" but it looks really iffy with latency.

fc desu

you're not supposed to win that fight

>He couldn't kill Seath in his first room

I dont care about winning, I care about losing 450,000 souls and 10 humanity. Hours of my life just thrown out the window because of an unbeatable boss.
What do you have to kill him in 5 seconds before he does his 100% damage AoE attack that covers the entire room.

>not spending all those souls before going blind into a dungeon that you know nothing about
>not sinking those humanities into bonfires ahead of time
You only have yourself to blame.

"Master of Sorcery" achievement is not unlocking (PC)
What I have ----

Soul Arrow
Great Soul Arrow
Heavy Soul Arrow
Great Heavy Soul Arrow
Homing Soul Arrow
Heavy Homing Soul Arrow
Homing Soulmass
Homing Crystal Soulmass
Soul Spear
Crystal Soul Spear
Shockwave
Soul Spear Barrage
Soul Shower
Soul Greatsword
Soul Vortex
Soul Bolt
Soul Geyser
Magic Weapon
Great Magic Weapon
Crystal Magic Weapon
Strong Magic Shield
Yearn
Hush
Fall Control
Hidden Weapon
Repair
Cast Light
Chameleon
Unleash Magic
Even the DLC ones: Focus Souls, Soul Flash

If I was in offline mode for a few of these, am I screwed?

serves you right for going around with that many souls without beating the game
next time use a ring of sacrifice

roll based on iframe timing first and positioning second

You can see here I'm pretty fucking clearly not on the big blue "DO NOT STAND HERE" area, but I die anyway because I didn't have iframes active durring the explosion. Your hitbox position doesn't really change until the roll is complete, and there's time before the completion where you don't have iframes.

Shouldn't the bloodstain with all those souls still be in the room?
I'm not entirely sure if Seath himself will be as well though

All bonfires kindled
And thats no excuse when you have 0% chance to clear the dungeon.
I dont need a crutch, I need a game thats not rigged

Yeah let me just warp there real quick

What the fuck
Never had a case of phantom range this bad

Can you spell parry black flame?

You have to read him a bed time story. Go back and find his favorite story book after the first bonfire.

I want to cum inside painter's cunny.

>Next time use the the tool the game gave you to solve the problem it's built for
>No I don't want to crutch

>hitbox position doesn't really change until the roll is complete

Wow what the fuck...

You should be Frank'd for even entertaining that idea.

>Lothric's HOLY Sword
>SAINT Bidet
>E and D Faith scaling

What did Miyazaki mean by this?

It's not as far away as you'd be first led to believe. You're basically one balcony and a medium-size corridor away from it. Also, have a Ring of Sacrifice equipped, because if you die with it equipped you won't create a new bloodstain, and as a result your billion souls laying on the ground won't be overwritten. At least I think that's how it works.

Seath's boss room is the one instance in the game's normal progression where you're forced to outright die

he meant hole-ey, as in it's full of holes, like the lore, which people often have very little faith in

Truly the deepest hole

Memezaki has despised casters (especially faith) since faith bootyblasted the entirey of DaS.

We were the Dark Holes all along

is this some eric punisher meme?
shes definitely countless cycles old. user.

I rewatched the intro video and it seems to actually answer this question

>Prince Lothric refuses to become a lord
>as a result the bell tolls, and the old lords awake from their coffins
>all of them fuck off, world begins to goes dark
>the unknown who would become the soul of cinder takes the legless Ludleth (either already legless and thus unable to take his throne, or his legs were cut off to keep him from absconding), plants him on his throne, and uses this small amount of soul energy to relink the flame.

there also seems to be a second person there, watching, which makes this entire issue kinda murky and suspicious. are we going to learn what happened in the new DLC?

What? Magic, especially dark magic after the DLC, was the most dominant caster type.

>since faith bootyblasted the entirey of DaS.
>was the best at PvE in DaS2 before the nerf
>arguably the best at PvE in DaS3 due to Gnawing and Chime WA/Bountiful Sunlight/Warmth

He hates FAI.

I'm playing the unofficial patch right now and it's nice actually having good FAI scaling on both those weapons.

>faith bootyblasted the entirey of DaS.

nigger, faith was NERFED in DaS from DeS

faith was literally broken in DeS, you could imbue your weapon with a permanent heal over time, wrath of god had a 0.4 cast time, it was fun.

Best Halberd?

Ludleth took his own legs off.

No, sorcery once you get going and pyromancies are better than Faith in PvE AND PvP in DS3.

Why does anyone bother continuing with the flame and shit? Does anyone actually gain anything from it? I think it would be pretty obvious after the Chosen Undead did the thing that it doesn't lift the curse.

So I reinstalled DaS after reformatting my PC and installed DSFix, the UI for DSFix and DS PVP Watchdog. Thing is, the game won't start because it keeps crashing before even getting to the main menu. Any idea what might be causing this? Or should I just try to play without any mods? I'm on Windows 10 btw.

maybe that's the betrayal the firekeeper witnessed, and why she is interested in putting the fire out after yours gets her eyes.

She looks like a child, she acts like a child. She's a child. You should get Clobbered

What unofficial patch?

Also why is this build so much fun. I didn't had so much fun with DaS3 since my first build. Though I feel I should've gone with knight for 10ATT for Heal Aid Shenanigans.

I'm waiting for Ringed to drop before I play with that patch. Maybe FROM will make changes to those weapons.

lol

if you go by the soul of lords description, which states that the first flame has manifested itself in a protector of the flame, that role of protector could also entail an entity that forcibly relinks itself should it start to go out.

In such a case, the flame itself would be a self-fulfilling cycle and curse.

>wolnir's WA has no HA in the first few frames

This must be the worst WA in the game.

This: nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/143/?

An user posted it two threads ago.

I doubt it, but I'm hoping I get proven wrong.

show me where in the game it tells us Ludleth cut off his own legs

The Age of Fire is all that they've ever known, and what little they've seen of the Age of Dark has been horrifying to them. It's the fear of the unknown that keeps people struggling to link the flame.

Though with the old Lords gone (not the Lords of Cinder, the old gods), it's really just people who have been indoctrinated into the "religion" of the flame that keep it going. There are certainly agents that wish to have it snuffed out, like Londor.

Well it worked very well for a while until the process grew inefficient enough that by the end of DSIII linking the Flame barely looks like it has bought you more than a week.

How do I into sorcery in DaS3? I have a file for literally almost every other type of build. What int weapons are actually gud? Or is it a case of my best sidearm is gonna be a random sword with crystal slapped onto it.

>helmet cap is blown open

holy shit that's the soul of cinder

The painter currently is the only half-dragon who looks the most human, with the only malformalities being the eyes and scales.

Yorshka and Pricilla have spines and horns protruding from them, weird noodly bodies, Pricilla's gown is actually part of her body and she almost has a unibrow with that fur on her forehead. Their faces are mishapen, Pricilla's face is too wide for her mouth, nose, and eyes while Yorshka has the head of an infant on a mishapen adult-like body.

Twin Princes' Greatsword:
Heavily overhauled. STR requirement lowered to 16.FTH now affect both physical and fire damage. Scaling changed so that the AR with either a quality or pyomancy build (with base requirements) is the same. It reaches 403 AR, which is lower than before, BUT the L2R1 attack now bless the weapon, immediately restoring 40 HP to the wielder and granting a blessed weapon buff that restores 2 HP/sec for 30 seconds, while the L2R2 attack now adds 70 fire damage.

WEW

>Or is it a case of my best sidearm is gonna be a random sword with crystal slapped onto it

Yup. You can go MLGS or Crystal Sage Rapier.

Good Lord, Everything about that patch sounds beautiful. I need it. This is how it should've been.
Why isn't it like this? Who the hell Balances the game FROM?

Red Hilt?

I can't find it in any dialogue so perhaps I was wrong, but he does say several times he's a Lord of his own volition and if the flame did burn his legs off, he wouldn't have bled as he did. Plus he does at one point have a nightmare of his own death when he kindled the flame after he revives once you kill him, so it seems like he could have taken his own legs off so he wouldn't be able to leave.

Or perhaps someone else did, though I can't think of who.

see it could literally be linking itself at this point, souls have already been shown to be capable of manifesting as beings with wants and needs, including the first flame.

Yeah the WA shit seems pants on head retarded. It was literally fine as is.

>Patching boss invasions
FUCK OFF

This is probably the only change I don't really like, but I haven't actually used the sword itself so my opinion could change.

Is the character limit really 10 in DS3? What the hell.

That's possible, but it is dying and the fire keeper doesn't seem to think so. But perhaps the Lords of Cinder that fled didn't want the Age of Fire to end (or didn't want to die again), they just knew that the flame was rekindling itself?

I'm not really sure. The Soul of Cinder is definitely an amalgamation of the souls that have been used to kindle the flame, though.

Anyone?

well the image I posted is literally the soul of cinder dragging a body during an age of dark, and Ludleth is the one on the throne, so even with it being his choice he was likely put there.

Which game?

>be worried
>everyone says its really hard
>kill first try
>point down
>WE WUZ 4KANGZ

It sucks, but it needed to happen. Tumblebuffing could be used for significantly more nefarious purposes, and From knows that the community loved the glitch.

For the time being, just try to be an asshole as much as possible until the 8th.

DaS3

The boss is basically a DPS race, if you don't have good damage output (or if you summon Beatrice) then you easily get overwhelmed by all four at once.

You get plenty of space and time to heal, the only problem comes if you get hit by the grab attack, and only because it takes away time that could otherwise be used to beat down the current king before the next one shows up.

Warmth: Now restores 25 HP/sec but scales with the spellbuff from your INT and FTH.

Acid Surge/Poison Mist/Toxic Mist:
Massive increase to the size of the AOE.

These are the only one that sound bad imo.

Eh it feels like he's trying to fill the niche of Blessed weapon. So add in Ethreal Oak Shield, Sun Princess Ring and Bountiful Sunlight, there's alot of going for it.

The Ashen Estus ring regen to FP sounds beautiful.

Red Hilted Halberd. Only because, It's the only one with Poise/Perseverance

Probably the Red-Hilted Halberd then.

NG 4K is really easy if you're at a decent level and have the power to kill each one before the next spawns.

It's dark as fuck and I can hardly see anything, but you actually have a point. That really does change what I thought of Ludleth. Perhaps he has some form of Stockholm Syndrome? Or maybe he believes all he has left is his duty as a Lord.

the firekeeper is blind though, to hide her from things she's not meant to see. After you give her eyes, she immediately turns to putting out the flame. It's possible they just don't tell you.

and the intro literally does show you the soul of cinder, with damaged armour, literally dragging a body past a bonfire during an age of dark.

only the first bit of rolling is invincible.
roll catching involves predicting when they're gonna roll (if they're new/bad/predictable it will be immediately after hitstun ends) and timing your attack to hit after their roll

if your opponent predictably rolls backwards you can just do r1->r1-> jump attack, and the jump will hit them just as their roll finishes. only worthwhile if they're predictable though, because if they don't roll away the jump attack leaves you vulnerable

Is she really eager to put of the flame? I'm finishing my playthrough of that ending now, and her dialogue seems to imply she's turning a blind eye to it as it is her duty above all to serve you. She DID say that she saw the Age of Dark and what looked like twinkling little flames, so maybe that's the start of it.

Though I've already finished NG+ with this playthrough and just haven't yet let the flame die.

Which DS3 weapon has a moveset closest to Dragon Bone Smasher's? Specifically looking for that running R1.

Is there anybody interested in a PS4 fightclub, I'll be hosting at Pontiff.

Pass=dsg

If I notice there isn't much people then it will only go on for a 'lil bit since I need some sleep.

he doesn't really look happy to be there.

maybe the soul of cinder is ludleth, and the ludleth we know is just a mere hollow who was placed on his thrown in lieu of an alternative. an image of the desperate and hopeless measures they've settled for.

I tried this weapon out on a whim, and I actually really like it. The moveset feels comfy and the WA that changes it makes it even more fun. It doesn't seem to do as much as it could though, even at Refined and 40/40. Is it just a lower damage weapon because of its decent moveset?

Also I never see anyone using it, which is a shame.

who thought that was okay

a 22 str req is not exactly a lot, anyone who isn't using at least 26 on a weapon that needs to be twohanded for hyperarmor is probably retarded. Plus the faith scaling was already good enough to warrant going to 26/40/25 instead of 40/40 for the sake of casting bountiful light, as you get identical AR either way (probably a bit less damage with the latter due to being more split, but you didn't have 2r pokes to begin with).

like just buff wolnir's instead

either red hilted, lucern, BKG or maaybe Gundy's depending on the opponent

Immolation is kindof an apples to oranges thing, and the resent axe and winged knight halberd are both at least fun. The glaive is the only one that's really straight up inferior.

Some things caught me by surprise, I did get grabbed and i got hit by the horizontal slashes a couple times but I had some estus left so a few learning mistakes were covered.

It's one of the fun weapons. The main reason why people don't bother with it too much is because it's short, and because you can't afford to sacrifice too much AR on weapon classes that you're expected to hyperarmor trade with.

ludeth aint even hollow though

>solve problem you have 0 way of knowing is coming without looking it up
Dont lie to yourself. There are a very limited amount of rings and they are literally a crutch.

Well that's a shame. It has hyper armour on its 2H moveset, then? I've had some issues with enemies knocking me out of it. The non-WA 2H R2 seems really bad in comparison to the other halberds due to its low range, but the WA 2H R2 is sick. I could just use a regular axe of some sort but it's not really the same thing.

I guess if I get good with it enough I could make use of it against the more meta weapons, then?

mere undead then