arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=Lv1z64gjKLw&list=PL_JV7wl8KPk4IgcyesI4Z-VkDQO3plxXv&index=1
>NEWS
darkestdungeon.com/radiant-update-the-squiffy-ghast/

Post affliction screens until we can get the general going again.

First for newfag

>you fucks let it die
bump limit bruh

>really confident about my team comp
>try to beat mission 1 of the darkest dungeon again
>dont even make it to the boss this time
J U S T

ded general
ded game

So make a new one, unless you want the general to die.

all set for crimson court = O )
>still no tempting goblet after all these weeks of farming

hmm

Congrats you lucky cunt

Any general tips for NG+ lads?

Threadly reminder that over-confidence is a slow and insidious killer.

So we all know that the antiquarian isn't intended to be very useful in a fight, but what is the purpose of blinding powder? it only targets one foe and can fail, but invigorating vapors helps dodge every monster and can't fail. Why would anyone ever use blinding powder?

because you can only use vapors in the back rows and there are times where she can't fit in the back rows with certain party comps

What was your party?

it was Occultist - HWM - HWM - MaA

that team stomped 4 champion dungeons in a row while barely taking any damage or stress and it just got fucking demolished in the darkest dungeon

well DD ain't just your regular ol Dungeon ya know, it's all up to how bad the rooms before the boss are that determine your success

in the 18lb 6oz cannon fight thing
what happens if you stun the fuse guy? does the cannon still go boom?

Depends on whether he gets the match off first or not.

I'm running a Plague Doctor, Vestal, Bounty Hunter, Hellion

The turn goes: PD blights the back 2 rows (rifleman and fuse guy), Hellion Swans the Fuse guy (he's dead one way or another by this point), Bounty Hunter attacks cannon for like no damage, Vestal attacks canon or heals.

I'm having success in this match so far, it's just taking a very long time.

Also i got very lucky by deciding to stack ACC on my Hellion big time, otherwise i don't think this would work so well. Combined with camps and trinkets, 83% chance to hit the fuse guy

If you bring 4 antiquarians you gotta have something they can use in the first two rows

b-but Radiant Update and Workshop Integration. I really hope we get quality mods like Pitch Black Dungeon instead of shitty "More Stacks/Less Stress/Stronger Heroes" mods.

You'll take your ponified heroes mod and like it!

>It's an "user crits the large enemy" episode

What's a good comp for the cove? Seems like every time I go in it my team gets stomped into the gutter. Am I just misplaying?

We'll get both kinds, but we all know what we're gonna get more of.

Try PlagueDoctor/Occultist/????/Hellion

PD+Hellion can stunlock the four grouper squad if they're fast enough, allowing the other two heroes to try to kill them quickly.

PD can cure the crab's bleeds, and occultist has bonus damage to eldritch baddies.

A crusader might be a good way to round out the team. He has an extra heal, can help deal with the exploding bloated monsters, and has decent melee to help kill groupers when the girls stun them.

Yeah the DD plays by a slightly different set of standards than your usual chap dungeons. There's a reason their difficulty is ranked "6".

>be me
>hear second DD mission has bosses named Templars from a friend
>deus vult
>send in my 4 crusader boss crusher team
>quickly driven to madness and slain by the second boss
I THOUGHT IT WAS A HINT
FUCK

Who #teamsnort here?

mines always snort themselfs to death. i lost almost as manye BHs than any other heroes combined

After 100+ hours playtime, I just learned yesterday, that the corals in the cove can remove negative quirks.
FML.
These combined with an lucky eldritch altar got my GR waifu free of all the quirks she had.

corals are the no.1 reason cove is my favorite
Second is the warrens for the scrolls and dem fasting seals

FUCK wealds in all possible ways though, especialy its bosses.

Which Veteran unique enemy gives you the most trouble? Which upcoming champion enemy do you think is going to be the worst to deal with?
My currents are the Fungal Giant for Vet and Bone Bearer for Champ.

>4 antiquarians
For what purpose?

definitely the giants
the only answer i've found for them is dmg reduction, either from the occulist or i guess the leper

A lot of cash.

>hating money

>cove
absolute madman

I'm serious. How does more than one antiquarian boost how much cash you make? You can only interact with one at a time.

each antiquarian boosts your standard gold stack size by 500 each one, so having 4 gives you a massive +2000 stack per gold pile

Holy moly, I did not realize that.
I thought they were only good for curios.

don't blow something off till you try it yourself, hell, I thought jester was absolutely useless till I let him join a party once, never turned back since then

So far the Virago seems like it might be the roughest of the bunch, though I'm feeling a bit skeptical about the Pig as well.

Grave Crimester is cute! CUTE!

>that mole
>cute
She probably smells like the grave, too.

it's the damn middle ages, being clean wasn't too big of a priority back then

It's a beauty mark.

Also, Hellion is most qt.

they get increased loot from killing monsters too

you ask hellion out but she gives you this look, what do?

There's a lot of retarded shit in this game.

>crit from full health to Death's Door
>randomly selected for next attack
>deathblow even with deathblow resisting trinkets

well memed!

What did you expect? It's deathblow resist, not deathblow immunity.

89% isn't exactly 100% now is it?

have you ever played the original xcom? you should

ah yes, the jester, with that one trinket it's pretty much a guaranteed kill at the beginning of each fight using Finale

>using deathblow resist trinkets
>not realizing enemy ai takes stress/hp/quirks into account
it does suck when you got ohko by spiders before your speed kicks in but that's the premise of the game

I don't have turbo autism so I don't play bad space games from 1980.

Oh the ignorance of youth.

>mole being on the same level as grave smell
Well she's from a well off family so she should at least have a better idea than the average person.

I want to rub my dick on those plump lips.

fuck spiders so hard

>crit from full health to Death's Door

There are only few normal enemies that can make you go from full hp to death's door (fuck unclean giants) if you have upgraded your armors and are not bringing newbies to more challenging dungeons

>randomly selected for next attack

The more speed stat you have the higher the chance of attacking first

That's clearly a joke (or you are just stupid as hell)

>They stay dead
But they don't :^)

Why is Man at Arms so damn good? I swear he's worth bringing on every mission just for Bellow and Protect alone. Has there been any word of Heroes being nerfed/buffed for the upcoming updates?

revived guys are just like swinefolk only with a luickier host

I've only heard that the Jester is getting buffed. That was from of the devs on the steam forums.

>being unlucky

Why why why doesn't "Religious" status depend on quirks?

If remember ccorrectly it did way back when. I think they changed because of the Abomination.

I wish they would add more shared cultists at the vet and/or champ levels. Only two kinds of cultists for most of the game is pretty underwhelming.

Just noticed that when some of you characters decide to investigate a curio on their own(dipsomania,egomania,etc), you can use that curio related item while they are talking and possibly prevent disasters this way.

I want to love Houndmaster but he feels suboptimal outside of the Warrens and Weald, plus his guard+self heal feels too obvious to be enjoyable. What are some interesting way to use him?

I'm thinking about running him in the vet Ruins with a BH for mark synergy against Bone Generals, plus Blackjack. Does BH have a +surprise chance skill to stack with HM's, or will Highwayman be necessary?

WHAT

By right-clicking, or how?

yeah by right-clicking

>Tempting Winery

Are there certain voices you read a particular heroes' barks in?

>This simple beast fears death as I do.

>Whatever tomorrow brings, six legs are better than two!

>Quiet! I can smell their thoughts!

Don't worry, he picks up again in the Darkest Dungeon. Use him as a stunbot/marker. I think the bonuses are additive.

By right-clicking. Did it accidentally with a torch while my highwayman was reading some books and burned them. He instantly shot up to 100 stress before our first battle and was Focused! for the rest of the mission

if I remember correctly, he has the best mark, significantly better than BH

>try pitch black dungeon
>see this fucking necromancer map

The dungeon generation in this is fucking evil
I love it

Yeah since they give you more camping supplies in PBD the map generator is a fucking nightmare.

Was hoping for today, but whatever.

they are the only ones who could be torn away from the eldrich orgies

Any word on how long it'll be til PBD is made compatible with the update?

>Abomination Crit Heals with Absolution 2 times in a Row

Jester
MAA
HM
BH

Is this a good lineup for Vuulf? I figured I'd nuke him using the HM and Jester's (PBD) marks while buffing and guarding with the MAA. I'll solo as long as the HM's initial mark lasts, then refresh it with the Finale (hopefully a crit), totally obliterating the bastard with BH's vs mark AND human bonuses.

It's risky without healing besides the HM's, but I'm hoping the spare food freed up by fasting trinkets will make up for it. It would be too sick if it worked exactly as planned.

someone's being overconfident

I'm hella scared of the Darkest Dungeon. I've completed the Warrens, killed the Necromancer Lord, killed Vvulf, just need to finish clearing the Ruins, Weald and Cove.

I don't think I'll even attempt it until I've completed everything else.

I want to make the Vestal not a vestal anymore.

That's no beauty mark, that's the kind of mark you see on old smelly Italian men. Placement is everything.

It's easier than Vvulf.

Just watch out for bleed attacks

RANK COMICS

>Leper
>Crusader
>Anti
>Highwayman
>Occultist
>GR

POWER GAP

>Arby
>Abom

MAA's is lost somewhere in the power gap.

I think you wanna bring a Vestal along. The Vvulf musketeers are going to fuck up your whole party, so her group heal is pretty nifty there.

So what I'm getting from you is bring a Plague Doctor, cool

The two deadliest things in the DD are bleeds and stress build up.

that, bandages, or a really good vestal

The bleeds hit for 6 damage per turn (for 3 turns) and like half of the enemies have bleed attacks

Plague doctor is really good for stuns though, so i'd still recommend that

Maybe I'll just take my Vvulf slaying team, Vestal-Crusader-Grave Robber-Man at Arms

and bandages

that's alright

It's a good idea to take a party that can shuffle around a bit, as the Shuffling Horror does exactly what his name implies.

Crusader kind looks like he's pocketed his hands in a duster here.

It looks amazing.

I swear to fucking god, if I have to kill the Shuffling Horror 3 times for DD1/2/3 in the same way I had to kill all the other bosses, I'm gonna be disappointed. For some reason even after being disappointed time and again by the rest of the game's bosses which aren't even fucking reskinned at the very least, I still expected more effort to be put into the Eldritch Abominations.