The Elder Scrolls Online general - /tesog/

Homestead Edition

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Y

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318890/stop-attributing-the-love-for-morrowind-simply-to-nostalgia#latest
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We baldurs gate now?

Hey whats up mortals

What class would Tom Brady play?

Stamplar

The one that wins. =^]

is this game good for solo/pve experience? i usually have to tab a lot during work so i don't want to slow down a group/raid of players.

Who?

yes you can play skyrim online

Yeah but there's better options out there for solo/pve.

Try Star Trek Online. Completely free and one of the best solo/pve + mmo combos available. Best if you've only got time for small sessions.

Most of the stuff that isn't trials and group dungeons can be done alone for obvious reasons (you shouldn't complain about that desu, but really that is most of the good content in the game). PvP can also be done alone if you follow groups or git gud.

The solo aspects of this game suck something fierce.

>start quest
>have to go find an npc
>now you have to go gather some items
>now go into the dungeon
>oh you need to go do something else? Logout and when you come back you can reenter the dungeon from the beginning
>fight your way through a dungeon killing trash mobs
>reach boss
>beat boss
>now have to fight your way back out through all those trash mobs
>hand quest in
>maybe get 50 gold and if you're lucky a item
>now rinse and repeat for the rest of the game until you decide to do pvp or group shit

I got into this game for. While then just dropped out. Should I get back in now or wait till the expansion?

Wait until the expansion.
There's a reason you dropped it before and I doubt w/e that was is gone.

It is the most perfect game ever made literally no reason to think It's bad like holy shit why aren't you playing it right now.
Find out yourself fag

Just don't run dungeons or trials. There's a whole world to explore and tons of quests to do.

Things you can do solo
>delves
>gathering raw materials
>crafting
>main story
>'sploring
>pulling tails
>flipping coins
>looking up Almalexia's skirt

If Warden is supposed to be nature-themed, can we expect some Wyrd Sister-esque plant magic? I'd rather enjoy playing a druid-type character.

No.

There will be an influx of transplanting pots in the guild stores

From the trailer/preview on the website its going to be Frost/Nature/Animals.

Some German magazine leaked some of the skills further and it seems like Frost is Tanking, Nature is Healing and Animals are DPS.

How did an sjw mag manage to get leaks of of an american game developed by americans in america?

Wait for a few hours so you get houses

>Hey Mortals,

>My name is Mannimarco, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looting stupid ass delves. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any vMA weapons? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of liches because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Imperial census records.

>Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was leader of the Order of the Black Worm, and started the Planemeld with the 5 Companions. What cults have you been in, other than "goodbye, bedroll"? I also get constant procs, and have a banging hot revenant (She just polished my spear; Shit was SO cash). You are all mortals who should just bend to me. Thanks for listening.

>Pic Related: It's me and my thrall

7/10

I hope they are wrong because I was hoping the Animal tree was just the Bear/Buffing the bear instead of you just doing spell effects with animals.

>people would rather you summon a cliff racer to do one attack than buff your bear for shit.

We can only hope and get our torches ready for when they let us down.

Anyone on xbox with a guild they can invite me into? I'll be dead before arick invites me.

Will there be craftable candles/lanterns for Homestead? I could live with an apartment filled with candles and a desk with books. Maybe squeeze in a bookshelf for arcane comfy.

I just want to add NPCs.
>be a big khajiit thief with a bunch of kitty wenches laying around

>Thrall
>Not Flesh atronach
Nice/10 despite missed oppertunity

>candles/lanterns
Yes. There's several kinds of both.

>tfw there's only one female Khajiit NPC you can add

>tfw it turns out its actually a transgendered khajit

That's not how dungeons work...

>khajit "dungeon"
>barbs, barbs everywhere

And this is why furfags are cancer.

from last thread -

Is the game worth buying?
I realise this is the most bias place to ask
I saw the Morrowind trailer and Morrowind was the last game my dad bought me before he passed so it hit me right in the nostalgia

Is it fun? does it have longevity? is it easy to start out in?

Yes.

Consider buying in a few hours. The gold edition MIGHT go on sale for 50% off on Steam. Check other sites that offer gold edition too.
Morrowind doesn't come until June.

Yes to all 4

Since Morrowind doesn't actually come out until June, wait for a sale.

See for an unbiased, bare-bones review of sp.

>Is it fun?
On the whole, it can be, but it's honestly subjective.

>does it have longevity?
From ZoS sure. From the playerbase, doubtful it will increase by much in the long run but in the initial morrowind release, it'll get a swarm of FOTM players.

Is it easy to start out in?
What do you mean again. Is the leveling easy? Depends on if you grind or quest. Questing gets dull fast.
If you mean player class, not really. If you don't minx/max from the get-go then you're fucked by end game.

If you honestly expect anything similar to the way TES plays in general then no, you won't enjoy this game because it doesn't. Sure the UI on console is Skyrim to a T but that's about it.

Except that's not how the single player is at all. Maybe the Delves specifically and even then most of them have alternate routes back to the entrance that are shorter.

Out of the 100+ quests I've faced thus far, more than a third featuring dungeons, on my way to level 26, I've found a shortcut 7 times. 7.
If jumping over cliffs and walls and horse-jump glitching your way over impassable areas to skip half a dungeon counts then maybe half the dungeons had shortcuts then. Otherwise please point me in the direction and region that features all these "short" dungeons.

A lot of the delves are like, box shaped. There's a one way door just after the final boss that puts you back at the entrance.

Going through the Glenumbra area for DC the quests are primarily in the overworld, you have a few that may take you into an instanced area that usually ports you out at the end boss encounter. Besides that you have Delves which are the little soloable mini-dungeons that may/may not feature a shorter path from the boss back to the main door or Public Dungeons which are usually larger and also may/may not offer that same shortcut.

Where the fuck are you that supposedly has the quests all in dungeons, I get the quests are pretty stock with just; Talk to NPC, Kill things here/Collect things, Return to NPC.

Stonefalls

I knew never to trust those Ebonheart faggots.

I've never hated a series of quests more than EPs area

From what I gather, all DLC has excellent quests.
Out of the base game, DC > EP > AD i terms of fun.

I decided I'll use my mag sorc this build since I want to keep my templar as blazing shield tank for tanking vet dungeons on easy mode
I'm thinking of using something like Lich, Rattlecage/Necropotence and Tremorscale, and running Twilight and Familiar along with Daedric Prey, Frags and Frost Reach.

The class skills have been confirmed by the stream

Healing nature magic
Defensive Ice magic
And animal summoning

Good to see ZoS can still make piles of shit. Here I thought they'd make something decent for a change

Best class for orc?

What would YOU make Mr. Smarty pants

The official forum is a fucking gold mine.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318890/stop-attributing-the-love-for-morrowind-simply-to-nostalgia#latest

>As for the lore, go on /r/teslore or go in a /TESG/ on one of the Chan sites one day

Some sort of Tank/Stamina class.

Don't know. I want to invest a fair amount of time into it and would love a class that wouldn't be a waste at end game.

No clue which class of tankstam would guarantee or atleast make me a very viable candidate for endgame and groups.

DK is the tank.

Can't spell Sorcerer without orc.

How's the roleplaying community in this game? Is it healthy or small and isolated?

Sorry, should've mentioned I already have a Dunmer Mag/DK

iv been gone for awhile so why should i come back aside from upcoming morrowind

If you want to have the "best" end-game tank its a DK so if you want to utilize Orc the most then I suggest having a Stam DK along with your Mag DK.

>skin for sleeves
>hairy pelvic area
>castrated by daedric blade
Scarier than a lame corprus

Healthy, scarily so at times.
>break into house to rob
>go upstairs ito bedroom
>npc standing around while two players are erp on the bed
>some kind of cuckold fetish is unfolding between an altmer, redguard and dunmer npc
>proceed to logout and post on /tesog/

why did you leave?

Sword and Board +?

>>some kind of cuckold fetish is unfolding between an altmer, redguard and dunmer npc
Did you take any pictures? I'm intrigued. I've never been into either erp nor cuckolding but I've always been intrigued by it in the same way you get fascinated when someone tells your they have a fetish for tiles.

Dual Wield

Awesome thanks

I actually got the last half as recording on xbox and uploaded it for shits n giggles but it was removed for the offensive language

how

meeehh just got busy and the people i played with i didn't keep in contact with..

Server down in 2h15m. Get your horses fed, dailies and sacrements done ausfags, it will be down until morning.

+/- 24 hours

Join the /tesog/ guild and shitpost while questing.

Are you hyped for Morrowind?

DK tank

Cautiously optimistic.

I can't be excited about anything from this dev team until I've seen it implemented. I'm only setting myself up for disappointment given their track record.

I hope it's good though.

If only we could go back to launch with Veteran Ranks right!

I'd happily take vet ranks back if it meant we weren't in the current state of "how can we find more ways to jew people out of money while we ignore all the problems with the game."

The only way to jew people out of their money while ignoring the problems is to be more jewey

I enjoyed Orsinium (and still do). I'm expecting more or the same but bigger.

i thought this game was f2p but couldn't find a download button on steam or on the website. i played in the very first beta weekend and i'm a sucker for early rewards, so when i found out i was given a little monkey fella, i really wanted to play for a bit and check it out. helps i'm a huge fan of the real series. guess i'll have to get it on sale or something.

It goes on sale for like 10 bucks usually. It'll probably have a sale near the release of Morrowind (june)

Check the OP, you can get the base game for around 10 usd.

dang. hope i have the funds to spare around then

I'm starting to think making a damage shield relying MagSorc Tank was a mistake

and now we wait.

well, I still have that oblivion mod I haven't completed yet.

???

Don't believe the orc lies.

how can one fuck up their UI so badly