/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

)))))))))))) edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.0.1 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-0601/

>0.6.1 PT + Ranked Soon, Tier 7 and Epicenter ONLY
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt061/

>February Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
NA worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/forever-alone/
EU forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/73122-event-calendar-february/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista FULL
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121 FULL

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/tcqdb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Needlessly gimp your own ship and it's hard to play effectively
Profound insight

2nd for german botes are lewd

You jelly poorcucks?

Yes I bought the Graf Spee.

First for Unicum flag

dat Taitei-chan

I keep playing the T-22
Help

I stopped after my first game guns were so shit.

same, gaede was fun, maass was trash again

>He didn't get the Graf Spee for free

>Epicenter ONLY
Stop shitposting or else

>getting it for free when he could have bought it
It's like you don't want to support the game.

>no Missouri

lmao you poorcuck, I bet you're on welfare

Your money just goes into Superbowl ads for World of Warplanes.

Freedom was contained and removed.

Wew lad, won by like 6 points

DEPORT THIS

Is there any ship that benefits from Expert Loader over a different T1 skill?

>an australian and a mexican coming to NA to kill off all those freedom ships
The wall needs to be extended.

British cruisers :^)

>Profound insight
Maybe too profound. You didn't comprehend the double negation.

Oh, and complain all you want about cv's. WG isn't willing to refund every Saipan and Texas, and thus cv's will not be nerfed into the ground or removed entirely.

Not to mention WG would miss out on a mountain of shekels from people with a slow pc who persorm best in a cv.

>Buying Warspite, Tachibana
Why not just burn your money instead ?

>hating on warspite

why tho?

its shit

>accurate, big guns
>turns on a dime
>reasonably fast
>trash armour
>turret lacking an awful lot of WD40

tastes differ i guess

>reasonably fast
What did he mean by this?

Anything under 60s is reasonably fast.

>meme
meme

Anu told me to sing his praises here :^)

pls

Go to bed Anu

O-okay

Nagato or Mahan?

Do I trust based our guy and go Nagato?

I got a Belfast just looking for a backup for when I get bored

Nagato is a great bote and one of the most comfy in the game.

I didn't notice any botes ads, but I did see the like 3 tank ads they made, were there any for botes?

>tfw 999 ping at the start of a match
>dc
>still win
O-Okay

What nation has the best Cruisers? What about Battleships?

When are they adding the rest of the Russian and British ships? for a game about warships, excluding the nation famed for having THE navy is a bit dumb.

Next line after more Russian DDs is supposed to be British BBs. But that fame really doesn't apply to WW2. There's a reason why the game started with USA and Japan filled out. Also there's already more than enough Russian ships.

Well my first game was kinda shit, these guns don't hit anything and when they do they overpen

Great, this thing not supposed to deal with CAs or something? 410mm is overpen city for me

Sounds like you need to aim a little lower, a lot of the overpens come from shells just hitting too high and passing right over the top of the citadel.
Don't try to snipe from max range either, the guns are plenty accurate if you're playing mid/closer ranges (and I don't mean that you have to be at knife fighting range either).

Goodnight /wowsg/

Goodnight user

>best Cruiser
Russia

Yay my first 19 pt'r (I have about 2 dozen 16 pointers but I assumed it wasn't worth the effort to go past that).

Okay I changed my mind, running a secondary build at the moment. Very fun. I wish I had AFT though

I certainly enjoy mine.

>play all week
>no motivation to play on weekend even though exp boost

Suggest build for a Dedicated New Orleans Captain? So far I have 1. PM 2. EM 3. DE 4. CE

He's 16 points and I plan on taking him up to 19 points so what are other skills? Sup is not really worth it as the opportunities to use radar are limited in the NO (since being that close to the front line is suicidal most of the time and DD's are starting to learn to avoid USN CA's) I shy away from AA builds too mostly because CV's already assume my AA is insane so they seldom fly near me.

He's 16 points and I plan on taking him up to 19 points so what are other skills? Sup is not really worth it as the opportunities to use radar are limited in the NO (since being that close to the front line is suicidal most of the time and DD's are starting to learn to avoid USN CA's) I shy away from AA builds too mostly because CV's already assume my AA is insane so they seldom fly near me.

Swap PM for PT, add Adrenaline Rush and vigilance for sure, and I can't really think of anything else other than AFT after that.

ded

Stop posting my wife.

I will slide my dick in between her non-existent tits and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

You're waifu a flat

I'll find you.

Flat is justice.

>want to get a skin for my brand new Großer Kurfürst
>no skins for it

You could kill yourselves and no one would even remotely miss you.

I would like to see you try.

CVs should be deleted from the game. No skill ship class.

>the most trick intensive class
>that forces player to have map awareness
>cheap
Or you could git gud

>have a basic understanding of the two flanks
>alt-click on ships
>alt-click on planes
Yeah ,I think it's time to stop trying to justify your lack of skill and learn to play a real class.

>no need to worry about where to aim or the differences in shells and armor
>threat management is all or nothing without any nuance since if you're spotted everyone will naturally shoot you
>positioning so easy a monkey could handle lagging behind the lemming train
And like map awareness is hard when you constantly have a bird's eye view. You're trading plenty of complexity for those tricks.

If CV is such a difficult class, how come a majority of them suck ass with other classes?

Because hard work cannot beat talent :^)

What's NorCar DPS with

BFT, AFT, MAA

(no BFT), AFT; MAA

fuck off anumati and/or lunatic and/or precisionista

t. lunatic

Did anyone else have their honor to heroes reset?

yes

nope

t. NA

>167539737
>Can't you just like keep track of them once they're spotted and gtfo whenever they use radar?

If they are incompetent fucks in )))))) cruisers, yes, of course.

Against somewhat competent players in USN CAs, no. They will be behind an island or using their own stealth, wait until you smoke up and then radar you ass after telling their whole team to be ready.

If you start evading after the 'you got radar'd' icon pops up while you sit in smoke to napalm somebody, you will only survive if the enemy is shit.
Also, this means the radar just hardcountered your smoke, which costs you personally a lot of damage, or means your BBs lost a minute or more of very valuable cover, both should never happen.

RPF is just one more tool to boost your own situational awareness.

BFT. MAA on works with the 127mm DP secondaries.

I've never played in a previous season of Ranked. Can I still play? How low will I start? How hard is the climb? Is there anything I need to know?

>I've never played in a previous season of Ranked.
Smart decision.
>Can I still play?
Sure.
>How low will I start?
At the lowest rank, but that is pretty unimportant. The first 3/4 of teh way are teh easiest.
>How hard is the climb?
The last five ranks can be pure cancer.
>Is there anything I need to know?
Playing ranked is unfun, do not do it unless you absolutely have to have a Flint.

As long as your service rank meets the minimum requirement for Ranked, you can play in it. You will start from the very bottom. If you can stomach playing 300+ or more games within the Ranked season to reach Rank 1 then feel free to join.

How is Ranked different? Other than tryhards wouldn't you actually working towards something?

I'm almost at my breaking point. Shit like this is so demotivating.

In theory, yes.
in practice, it just like random battles, because there is no way to really coordinate.

You only did so much damage on a loss because your team was shit enough to not delete the enemies.

feels bad man

It's all cap based with people who mostly know what they're doing, so every tiny advantage can lead to a runaway victory. With 7 people per team there's a lot more room for 1 to fuck it all up. The gameplay becomes extremely stale in the final bracket. 4/5ths of all matches will go half the match without a single kill as each team just alternates smokescreens and no one can see anything. It's no exaggeration to say games will be decided by whichever team takes their respective cap first and ends up 3 points ahead, because the losing team is forced to play aggressively while the winners can just camp behind islands for 20 minutes. Also the way the first player on the losing team keeps their star can lead to players throwing the game to get those extra points for themselves.

Basically, if you're half decent the first three brackets will be nothing and the final will be hell. Player skill is nothing compared to patience. Many who rank out do so with below 50% winrate and hundreds if not thousands of matches played.

Or a black

Or 3500 doooblooons

>Black
Is the USS Black a prize?

streamable.com/tcqdb

Doesn't matter how good you are in a CV, you can do perfect strafes and shitters will still ruin your games.

EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS AGAINST ME.

No divisions means wowsgers can't stat pad their way to the top

Smaller teams means less chances you will be carried by a allied unicum or that the team won't notice you fone ducked up

Epicenter and tier 7 are cancer and p2w

I don't know why /wowsg/ hates ranked. Only real bad shit there is ebincenter and tier 7.

>Only real bad shit there is ebincenter and tier 7.
So all of it?

For 5 seasons as rank 1. It's literally a fletcher with radar, no way there will be a more p2w ship ever

as somebody who has played in all ranked seasons

>upgrades instead of signals
very bad idea

>strict T7 or T8 matchmaking
very stupid idea, sure it's annoying to get that stock T7 BB on your team but don't lie to yourself and say it happens all the time

if people want to stat pad in ranked, play CVs.

everyone i know who plays ranked does it to abuse the xp modifiers for training new captains and now that you have elite xp, it'll be easier.

your clan is shit but that was pretty cool

>dc
>somehow the enemy bogue got 41 plane kills
Don't lie, user. You were assblasted by that Bogue, weren't you?

Gz you are a excellent support cruiser who farms damage to stat pad wtr

Now go out there and learn to take dds out and change the outcome of the battle

Still better than BOTES so I mean, yeah.

>5 seasons as rank 1
So literally no one will have it.
Is it possible to get Flint and Black in crates? If so, Christmas?

There are ranked xp modifires?

>2 cap points
>7 ships

Yes.

there are no good players in BOTES, that's like saying you're better than [CABRA]

Those specific ships weren't in the boxes or we would have heard of it

Some user might be already eligible for blacked. There's a lot of unicum with flint already.

Everyone it BOTES is good tbqh.

>Saipan
>complaining
>against a Hiryu that auto drops
???

Pls tell me cabra is not a br clan

Pls. Pls.